This thread currently has 4,429 views. Print
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Lambretta Mariner
February 24, 2015, 10:24pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +140
What are peoples views on faking injury?  

In the first half their forward loses a 50/50 and goes down injured needing treatment.  The ref plays on a short while then stops the game when we have the ball. I was fuming. He didn't need any treatment at all.

In the second half the ball goes in our box, Mckeown chases it, makes an attempt at diving for it, gets nowhere near and rolls around injured. Is he injured or is he embarrassed? I know which one i think it was.

Is it right? Do your views change depending on if it's for your team or against?
Logged Offline
Private Message
moosey_club
February 24, 2015, 10:29pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,144
Gold Stars: 220
Quoted from Lambretta Mariner
What are peoples views on faking injury?  

In the first half their forward loses a 50/50 and goes down injured needing treatment.  The ref plays on a short while then stops the game.game when we have the ball. I was fuming. He didn't need any treatment at all.

In the second half the ball goes in our box, Mckeown chases it, makes an attempt at diving for it, gets nowhere near and rolls around injured. Is he injured or is he embarrassed? I know which one i think it was.

Is it right? Do your views change depending on if it's for your team or against?

You missed their forward who yelped and went down holding his head second half as well.  I personally would be ashamed to scream out in pain if i was hurt while playing football, to me you dont show your opponent you are hurt even if you are...man up, make them think...fvck me he is hard, i gave him one there and he didnt flinch....no screaming  like a b1tch and rolling around the floor before hopping up and sprinting full pelt 30 seconds later.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 25
MeanwoodMariner
February 24, 2015, 10:37pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,673
Gold Stars: 8
I think it's a disgrace when, as you describe, a player is down injured and his team plays on, then they lose the ball and the ref stops play! It seems to happen quite regularly and I have no idea why.

What's frustrating is that everyone reacts differently when it is a genuine injury. Both teams show genuine concern and call for treatment immediately. It's quite nice to see in a way that players can overcome their bitter rivalry to help a stricken opponent. The flip side of that is that it means they know all the other injuries are not serious, yet they still demand that the ball is put out of play, and we have to sit through the nonsense of someone getting treatment for 20 seconds, hobbling off to the side of the pitch with an anguished expression - then sprinting back on fresh as a daisy. Really winds me up and as a football fan I find it embarrassing when you see what rugby players go through for example.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 25
gary_elton
February 24, 2015, 10:38pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.20
Rep Score: +23 / -6
Approval: +1,243
Gold Stars: 6
JT on RH said Mckeown kicked a divot out of the ground and had ankle trouble...

I'm presuming that's the incident you're talking about about so perhaps you missed something...??

All my pictures , Seem to fade to black and white.... (Reg Dwight)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 25
Lambretta Mariner
February 24, 2015, 10:42pm

Lager Top Drinker
Crazy. I was always a player who didn't want to show pain/injury. Seems like the embarrassment doesn't matter anymore.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 25
Lambretta Mariner
February 24, 2015, 10:45pm

Lager Top Drinker
Quoted from gary_elton
JT on RH said Mckeown kicked a divot out of the ground and had ankle trouble...

I'm presuming that's the incident you're talking about about so perhaps you missed something...??

Yes JT must be right. Hence the medical treatment Mckeown didnt receive.

Not really talking of those two incidents. Was more referring to the fact fans get behind their own players faking injury but get disgruntled at opposition teams doing it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 25
promotion plaice
February 24, 2015, 10:49pm

Posts Per Day: 3.84
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,955
Gold Stars: 189
The Spanish started all this crap many years ago. If Barcelona are losing they go to plan b and go down like they have been shot to get players sent off.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 25
moosey_club
February 24, 2015, 10:53pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,144
Gold Stars: 220
Quoted from Lambretta Mariner

Yes JT must be right. Hence the medical treatment Mckeown didnt receive.

Not really talking of those two incidents. Was more referring to the fact fans get behind their own players faking injury but get disgruntled at opposition teams doing it.

I am not sure we do do we? or am i just being biased and rose tinted?
Tonight for instance...LJL went down with a slight nudge and the crowd groaned at him for going down for nothing, no screaming for a free kick or calling the ref, Disley the other season took a massive dive and got booked, the crowd werent impressed and he later stated it was a bit embarrassing for him.
Really cant think of a current player or many in the past TBH that were guilty of it...maybe Brodie....but he doesnt count as he is a wa...oh hang on...just checking....w@nker...all right now...w@nker....yes....he is a w@nker anyway so doesnt count

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 25
Theimperialcoroner
February 24, 2015, 11:21pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -3
Approval: +5,088
Gold Stars: 93
Quoted from moosey_club

You missed their forward who yelped and went down holding his head second half as well.  I personally would be ashamed to scream out in pain if i was hurt while playing football, to me you dont show your opponent you are hurt even if you are...man up, make them think...fvck me he is hard, i gave him one there and he didnt flinch....no screaming  like a b1tch and rolling around the floor before hopping up and sprinting full pelt 30 seconds later.

Tough-tackling midfielder who I used to play with had his nipple ripped in half by his piercing in the first half of a game and didn't let anyone know until we were getting changed. When asked if it hurt he said it was agony but he wasn't going to let anyone know. Hard little fornicator.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 25
mariner91
February 25, 2015, 11:30am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,254
Gold Stars: 253
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner

Tough-tackling midfielder who I used to play with had his nipple ripped in half by his piercing in the first half of a game and didn't let anyone know until we were getting changed. When asked if it hurt he said it was agony but he wasn't going to let anyone know. Hard little fornicator.

What the hell is he doing with a nipple piercing?!

Looking forward to a brighter future now Fenty has gone.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 25
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.