Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › T in the Park.
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 373 Guests

T in the Park.

This thread currently has 1,429 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
bradzmilne
March 30, 2015, 9:29am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.70
Rep Score: +40 / -7
Approval: +1,359
Gold Stars: 29
Now then guys/gals.
I know how many music lovers are on here so thought I'd bang a quick question on here. Basically me and a few mates have bought tickets not really thinking about transportation to Scotland.
Just wondering if anyone has been before and could recommend anyway of getting up there or if it genuinely is worth it to bite the bullet and drive?
Cheers  

Sleep well Icey, Matty and Richard. Keep each other company up there xx

4 Relegations in 18 Years - John Fenty’s legacy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Manchester Mariner
March 30, 2015, 10:31am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +2,804
Gold Stars: 41
Went to T in the Park in 2004. Thankfully we drove as it seemed a bit of a ballache otherwise with trains and then long queues for shuttle busses, was definitely beneficial to be able to just drive off straight away on Monday morning whilst crowds of queues formed. A bit of an odd festival really, it had a great line up but the crowd was a bit sketchy and we even experienced a bit of sectarian agro on the campsite which was absolutely ridiculous.

Personally I would bite the bullet and drive.

"Lovelly stuff! not my words but the words of Shakin Stevens."
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 8
cmackenzie4
March 30, 2015, 12:03pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.29
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,320
Gold Stars: 33
Drive

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 8
springstomind
March 30, 2015, 12:20pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +24 / -7
Approval: +322
Been once, definitely drive mate.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 8
chaos33
March 30, 2015, 1:03pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,786
Gold Stars: 349
I've had many a happy T in the park and have experienced it on a tour bus too.
Definitely worth going - used to be my fav festival. Any drive to Scotland should go along the Northumberland coast in my opinion. It's so beautiful and worth the inevitable traffic congestion you'll have to suffer on entry and exit.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 8
ginnywings
March 30, 2015, 9:02pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 537
Quoted from chaos33
I've had many a happy T in the park and have experienced it on a tour bus too.
Definitely worth going - used to be my fav festival. Any drive to Scotland should go along the Northumberland coast in my opinion. It's so beautiful and worth the inevitable traffic congestion you'll have to suffer on entry and exit.

Very True. Went all the way up that coast last summer but stopped just short of sweaty sock land. Never been to T in the Park myself but a few mates have been with mixed reviews. Some loved it and some not so. One or two have experienced the hostile reception to the Sassenachs but others have said it's been brilliant and very friendly.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 8
Rodley Mariner
March 31, 2015, 8:08am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,215
Gold Stars: 176
Fly a flag of St George outside your tent and talk loudly in your plummiest voice about how they bottled the referendum and that it's just as well as Scotland's basically still a third world country. They love that kind of bantz up there and will respond positively to you and your chums.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 8
jock dock tower
April 4, 2015, 11:02am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.38
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
Definitely drive up you'll see some of the most beautiful scenery you'll ever see, anywhere. It's further north this year, and the roads aren't great, and very few opportunities for overtaking along the way so give yourself good time.

T in the Park is over rated in my opinion. I go to the Wickerman every year - it'll be my 12th this year - and it's a much more eclectic mix. £105 for the three nights, albeit Thursday is either ceilidh or one band. Last year it was the Bootleg Beatles and they were brilliant. Headlining this year, believe it or not, are Lulu, Squeeze, Waterboys, and they've even got the Punk Poet there himself, John Cooper Clarke.

The Scooter tent is a fantastic mix of ska and punk, and I tend to spend most of my time in there and the Emerging Scottish Talent tent.

Best thing about the festival though is the low key security. You can take drink into the festival site as long as you're not flaunting it in front of the security guys, who are locals and not hired thugs. There's also a real ale tent where you can get numerous ales at £4 a pint, which I reckon ain't bad as far as festivals go.

Great weekend, and really looking forward to it.

Below is a link to the festival we have in our wee village on the May Day weekend which I help to organise locally. Three days of diverse music, all held in the local pubs, and all absolutely free. We're now one of the biggest free festivals in Scotland.

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa.....51,d.bGg&cad=rja

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 8
AndyDarloFC
April 25, 2015, 12:52am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +17 / 0
Approval: +1,695
Gold Stars: 33
I went to T in the Park last year mate, went from Thursday to Monday. Got the tickets from TicketMaster, the all weekend camping ticket and travel included.

We got our travel from Newcastle to the venue and back for £290.

For the venue, it's a new one this year - So can't comment on that. But I thoroughly enjoyed it.

I just wish I could go this year - But planning on taking the bairn away!

Hope you enjoy it and don't forget to fly your flag high. We took a Darlo flag and England last year and held it high above the tent.

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 8 - 8
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › T in the Park.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.