Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › LINCOLN CITY - NO EXCUSES CAN BE MADE!
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 245 Guests

LINCOLN CITY - NO EXCUSES CAN BE MADE!

This thread currently has 8,531 views. Print
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
acko338
August 24, 2015, 12:45pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +43 / -6
Approval: +3,211
Gold Stars: 33
A win at all costs - Lincolnshire bragging rights returned - there can be no glib excuses - must win - no goals for Liam Hearn - tell the new squad it's a pride thing !

No walking away from this next game - season setter !

No experiments, no mass changes from the early winning squad - at them from the off !!

Best defenders in their best positions, please, and Amond and Bogle both up front !!
Logged Offline
Private Message
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
August 24, 2015, 12:48pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.35
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Well said Acko. Agree 100% with that.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 42
jonnyboy82
August 24, 2015, 1:08pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.29
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,683
Gold Stars: 95
East tait amond and clay have to start.

Why forget all the excellent pre season and barrow bromley games all because of one game at altrincham.

Stick with them please paul or you will lose the fans and players rather sharpish.

I believe with robertson coming in slows us down and amond going to the bench was just utter madness.

Toto might be injured so pearson and gowling pick themselves.

Over to you paul.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 42
Les Brechin
August 24, 2015, 1:14pm

Posts Per Day: 4.19
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,644
Gold Stars: 168
Hearn can score as many as he wants, as long as we score at least one more!

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 42
The_Chief
August 24, 2015, 1:38pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +2 / -1
Approval: +302
The number of "soft" calamitous goals we have conceded against basic sides is alarming.  IF we defend as we have done over the past few games, it pains me to say but Lincoln will bury us.  Lincoln have got a stronger front line than last year and they've never been frightened to get the ball forward and stick it in the mixer.  That lad Matt Rhead is a big unit and an extremely effective target man at this level.  He's going to be a handful.  With mobile forwards around him they'll cause us problems, if we don't do the basics properly.

We need to stick with a firm back four.  I believe the defensive players we have are very good at this level, only need to look at the number of goals we conceded last year, but with new faces coming in they need time to gel, form partnerships and understandings. Chopping and changing does not help.  Hoping that our defensive strengths will return and a lot of the sloppy goals will be eradicated.

To get anything out of the Lincoln game we need to toughen up and sort out basics: get bonces first to long balls, deal with the second ball, and not be frightened to put a foot in in the middle of the park.  In these games, it's a question of "who wants it the most?" and about determination, application and drive.  Worryingly last season Lincoln wanted it more than us last season.  It's about time Mr Hurst got our players fired up in order to prevent a repeat of the results against them last season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 42
oldun
August 24, 2015, 1:58pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.91
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
I noticed Liam was not in the Lincoln squad on Sat. Maybe saving him for us.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 42
Les Brechin
August 24, 2015, 2:01pm

Posts Per Day: 4.19
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,644
Gold Stars: 168
Quoted from oldun
I noticed Liam was not in the Lincoln squad on Sat. Maybe saving him for us.

Absent due to a virus apparently.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 42
LH
August 24, 2015, 2:17pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,389
Gold Stars: 169
I thought this thread was going to be a Dave Boylen one when I saw the title.  
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 42
Grim74
August 24, 2015, 4:47pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +16 / -13
Approval: -1,909
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from The_Chief
The number of "soft" calamitous goals we have conceded against basic sides is alarming.  IF we defend as we have done over the past few games, it pains me to say but Lincoln will bury us.  Lincoln have got a stronger front line than last year and they've never been frightened to get the ball forward and stick it in the mixer.  That lad Matt Rhead is a big unit and an extremely effective target man at this level.  He's going to be a handful.  With mobile forwards around him they'll cause us problems, if we don't do the basics properly.

We need to stick with a firm back four.  I believe the defensive players we have are very good at this level, only need to look at the number of goals we conceded last year, but with new faces coming in they need time to gel, form partnerships and understandings. Chopping and changing does not help.  Hoping that our defensive strengths will return and a lot of the sloppy goals will be eradicated.

To get anything out of the Lincoln game we need to toughen up and sort out basics: get bonces first to long balls, deal with the second ball, and not be frightened to put a foot in in the middle of the park.  In these games, it's a question of "who wants it the most?" and about determination, application and drive.  Worryingly last season Lincoln wanted it more than us last season.  It's about time Mr Hurst got our players fired up in order to prevent a repeat of the results against them last season.

I thought I was reading a quote from Paul Hurst himself at first.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 42
oldun
August 26, 2015, 8:38am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.91
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
Quoted from The_Chief

Hang on, there are many experts on here who say we should not be concerned about the opposition
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 42
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › LINCOLN CITY - NO EXCUSES CAN BE MADE!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.