This thread currently has 6,337 views. Print
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
GasGrim
August 26, 2015, 9:08pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +174
Hello, guys/gals, thought I would introduce myself.

After much respect earned by yourselves at Wembley, i made a pact to keep a (favourable) eye on your results and maybe even pop along to a game or two to cheer you on.

I am a Bristol Rovers fan.

So local away games at Cheltenham, FGR, Torquay etc seem to be later in the season.

I wanted to let the dust settle and get new season up and running before exposing myself (oooooeeer).

I'm so glad Monkey (adie monkhouse) has joined you and made a positive start, how do most of you guys rate his form?

I hope this post receives constructive response. It is genuine. Apologies in advance if this is deemed in any way inappropriate, it's not meant to be.

Good luck in this coming season, i really truly hope you get back where we belong - in the league - and compete at a level worthy of your tradition and heritage.

Walking in a Disley wonderland.. UTG/M
Logged Offline
Private Message
davmariner
August 26, 2015, 9:15pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,860
Gold Stars: 75
Welcome to the board mate. Been very impressive with Monkhouse, has added a different dimension to our side.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 36
GasGrim
August 26, 2015, 9:21pm
Coke Drinker
Thanks, dm.

He is decent, isn't he? A good player and all round professional. I met him last season at one match where he got m o m and he had cut under his eye! Not frightened of taking one for team!! Really nice bloke, though..

What's the feeling round the plaice (sorry!) this season? Optimism??
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 36
promotion plaice
August 26, 2015, 9:30pm

Posts Per Day: 3.84
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,956
Gold Stars: 189
Quoted from GasGrim
Thanks, dm.

He is decent, isn't he? A good player and all round professional. I met him last season at one match where he got m o m and he had cut under his eye! Not frightened of taking one for team!! Really nice bloke, though..

What's the feeling round the plaice (sorry!) this season? Optimism??

Hopefully promotion, take no notice of my username........

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 36
chelseacity
August 26, 2015, 9:31pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +355
Gold Stars: 9
Hi GasGrim
I met some of your fans at Wetherspoons at baker Street tube station chatting up my daughter and her friend while they were wearing Grimsby Town shirts, as most of the fans in this my local pub were Bristol Rovers fans, to be honest they were a nice bunch of football fans and though heartbroken at the result, we all agreed that as football fans go we did not begrudge you going back up. I hope you do well this season and hope you catch up to the other club in your fine City.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 36
Caesar
August 26, 2015, 10:15pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +1,794
Good idea to let the dust settle I think, some Rovers fans saying nice things still got me upset and a bit bitter just after the game which, lets face it, was as devestating as you can imagine.

Welcome (now) anyway, if you come along to cheer us on against FGR please bring an inflatable   Seriously with their tosser stewards last year and that rubbish they pulled shredding tickets and posting it on twitter while your lot why trying to see the playoff game it really pains me to see them do well.

Hope you do ok, while I have heard of the odd incident between fans from playoffs on the whole I had nothing but respect for your fans, even if you got away with only 1 year of suffering!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 36
GasGrim
August 26, 2015, 10:45pm
Coke Drinker
Thankyou, cc. For the record, many of our fans say similar about you guys. I was in hotel near stadium on that day and exchanged pleasantry with a few of your fans. We knew one set of fans would be unhappy but agreed with mutual respect whomever it was, rather be done by that opposition. I could take Grimsby beating us to promotion, but not Barnet or heaven forbid FGR, Eastleigh..

Every club has nice/not so nice fans. Although incidents between us have sometimes been unsavoury, for the vast majority of supporters, they haven't let that cme between us..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 36
GasGrim
August 26, 2015, 10:49pm
Coke Drinker
Thankyou, Caesar.

I have cited FGR as potential day out. I'm not sure the away end will sell out or not, but will see closer the time.

Absolutely stupid what happened with inflate-gate. I think most of the football world whom can use common sense were with you on that one!

Sorry about posts btw, I'm finding it difficult navigating specific replies on this format!!!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 36
jamesgtfc
August 26, 2015, 10:50pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,813
Gold Stars: 187
Quoted from GasGrim
Thankyou, cc. For the record, many of our fans say similar about you guys. I was in hotel near stadium on that day and exchanged pleasantry with a few of your fans. We knew one set of fans would be unhappy but agreed with mutual respect whomever it was, rather be done by that opposition. I could take Grimsby beating us to promotion, but not Barnet or heaven forbid FGR, Eastleigh..

Every club has nice/not so nice fans. Although incidents between us have sometimes been unsavoury, for the vast majority of supporters, they haven't let that cme between us..

You are a decent club with history like ourselves. As you said I think there was a mutual respect that whatever the result, a decent team was going up and unfortunately despite being the better team, we are still in this god forsaken division.

Happy to see you beat Barnet on Saturday though!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 36
LH
August 26, 2015, 10:53pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,389
Gold Stars: 169
Can't see the away end not selling out at FGR after the incident last season. If you get in bring an inflatable!
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 36
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.