11 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Hagrid
August 29, 2015, 5:20pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,388
Gold Stars: 528
To car. Dont understand anyone slagging off Hurst for this, only reason we didnt win this game is shoddy finishing 1st half and a sending off ( which i didnt see). Great character from players to get a draw- lincoln absolutely dire, led by that fat sharp object Rhead. Fans amazing. As per normal- it is dissapointing to be so far behind the leaders but today is not the day to be blaming PH. UTM for monday
Logged Offline
Private Message
MarinerGaz
August 29, 2015, 5:25pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: +399
Kinda glad Hearn wasn't playing though, sending off could've cost us even more...great character following Gowling's stupidity, and deserve the ever present great support on Monday! UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 105
blasty
August 29, 2015, 5:26pm
Table Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +10 / -1
Approval: +227
That won't stop sausage boy and his crew calling for his head I'm afraid.

That said, results have got to start being achieved quickly. We have not started well again.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 105
Tommy
August 29, 2015, 5:40pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,865
Gold Stars: 76
Not seen anyone blaming Hurst at all.

A good point in the circumstances after going down to 10 men. I can't remember us ever doing well after going down to 10.

And the performance sounded decent so hopefully that will give us a bit of confidence and positivity to take into Monday.

But, it's now 3 games without a win and we're 9 points off the leaders. I think Monday is a massive game and almost a "must win".

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 105
pontoonlew
August 29, 2015, 5:49pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -15
Approval: +8,840
Gold Stars: 167
I'm still not concerned. We've drawn the last two in which last year we'd have lost. Last week was a shite managerial decision and this week was Gowling flipping up. But both times we've shown the character to pull it back and be unlucky not to actually win.

I feel that when we get a bit of luck and a bit of form going we'll be very very hard to stop.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 105
Marinerdan
August 29, 2015, 5:53pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +15 / -1
Approval: +969
Gold Stars: 17
Rhead's just been interviewed on Radio Lincs and said something along the lines of 'we had a bit of a hug in the box then their player went to grab me around the neck so I dropped to the floor like the ultimate professional'. Seemed to be openly admitting to simulation to get a player sent off.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 105
chaos33
August 29, 2015, 5:54pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,862
Gold Stars: 353
I agree with Ginny, as usual.

A positive to get a result when going down to 10 men, but it's the same old problems and excuses - wasted chances, individual errors, poor refereeing, failing to beat average to poor teams and falling behind the leaders who have won every game and barely conceded a goal. Sometimes we seem to learn nothing season on season. Our fantastic support deserves the kind of levels being shown by FGR, Eastleigh and Wrexham. 6 games in and generally speaking, not good enough. No getting away from that.

Very disappointing to be this far behind the leaders and it is already starting to look like yet another play off chase.

Mixed emotions, but mostly p1ssed off.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 105
MarinerGaz
August 29, 2015, 5:58pm

Table Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: +399
Quoted from pontoonlew
I'm still not concerned. We've drawn the last two in which last year we'd have lost. Last week was a shite managerial decision and this week was Gowling flipping up. But both times we've shown the character to pull it back and be unlucky not to actually win.

I feel that when we get a bit of luck and a bit of form going we'll be very very hard to stop.

2 comebacks against the odds, a very dodgy ref (and tiring team short of changes to make) at Alty, with a number of mistakes that haven't helped us...I feel the character in the last 2 games will help us turn the corner now, maybe we'll get some luck and decisions in our favour! An early penalty for us today (rather than playing 'advantage') and the result could've been far different! We do have a squad (players back from fitness - pity about the suspension) and manager who can take us to the top of this league, that's what I still firmly believe! I hope they get the support on Monday, I'm sure they will...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 105
Mariners_15
August 29, 2015, 6:00pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +17 / -4
Approval: +538
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from chaos33
I agree with Ginny, as usual.

A positive to get a result when going down to 10 men, but it's the same old problems and excuses - wasted chances, individual errors, poor refereeing, failing to beat average to poor teams and falling behind the leaders who have won every game and barely conceded a goal. Sometimes we seem to learn nothing season on season. Our fantastic support deserves the kind of levels being shown by FGR, Eastleigh and Wrexham. 6 games in and generally speaking, not good enough. No getting away from that.

Very disappointing to be this far behind the leaders and it is already starting to look like yet another play off chase.

Mixed emotions, but mostly p1ssed off.

My thoughts too! I know there's plenty of games to go but we're already chasing despite having a fairly easy-ish start. Frustrating but looks like we're following a similar path to recent seasons.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 105
jimgtfc
August 29, 2015, 6:01pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,076
Gold Stars: 44
9 points off the pace though  

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 105
11 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.