Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Negativity or Realism ?
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 345 Guests

Negativity or Realism ?

This thread currently has 5,003 views. Print
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
grimps
February 13, 2016, 5:02pm
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +4,994
Gold Stars: 46
Which is it ? I'm sure the usual faces will be in here telling us all to believe and that were the best team in the league and have the best team we've had since we've been down here ect .
I've heard it all before , there is certainly going to be one team better than us in the play offs , maybe two or three.
To be honest I'm not even sure we have what it takes to get that far
Logged Online
Private Message
sonofmadeleymariner
February 13, 2016, 5:06pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +19 / -10
Approval: +1,399
Gold Stars: 35
We are yet again poor against part time teams at the bottom end of the table, Barnet, Cheltenham, Luton, Crawley and other promotion teams, rarely fail to beat these sorts of clubs unfortunately they are our Achilles heal

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 41
Jaws
February 13, 2016, 5:16pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,306
Gold Stars: 11
I don't particularly have a problem with Hurst. But my problem is that I'm not sure we can bring any better players in than the ones we've got.

The players at FGR and Cheltenham aren't better than ours....
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 41
dapperz fun pub
February 13, 2016, 5:17pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,719
Gold Stars: 81
Facts are we have a manager who gets us into the play offs but just can't see the job over the line the gimps had the same problem with big keef ( legend) .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 41
blasty
February 13, 2016, 5:18pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +10 / -1
Approval: +227
Quoted from grimps
Which is it ? I'm sure the usual faces will be in here telling us all to believe and that were the best team in the league and have the best team we've had since we've been down here ect .
I've heard it all before , there is certainly going to be one team better than us in the play offs , maybe two or three.
To be honest I'm not even sure we have what it takes to get that far

A little bit of both I'd suggest
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 41
Rodley Mariner
February 13, 2016, 5:18pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,215
Gold Stars: 176
It's realistic to say we won't won the title. It's negative to suggest we're not good enough to make the play offs or that if we do we won't have a genuine chance of winning them.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 41
KingstonMariner
February 13, 2016, 5:19pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Jaws
I don't particularly have a problem with Hurst. But my problem is that I'm not sure we can bring any better players in than the ones we've got.

The players at FGR and Cheltenham aren't better than ours....

So if their players are not better than ours..........

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 41
Mendonca1995
February 13, 2016, 5:38pm
Super Clive mendonca how much would he cost now
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.21
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +903
Gold Stars: 15
I know lets take our most creative player off Arnold when we're struggling to make a pass to any of the strikers feet and leave that fast tricky skilfull winger monkhouse on who barely manages to win a header ??? Baffled 🤔 Nolan was probably the only one to come out of the game with any credit other than that it was poor all over the park today playoffs it is again just hope it's not the same disappointment as the last few seasons !!!!

ALL TOWN AREN'T WE ⚫️⚪️
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 41
pontoonlew
February 13, 2016, 5:45pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -15
Approval: +8,721
Gold Stars: 163
We'll make the play-offs, no doubt in my eyes.

But why, in Feb are we resigning ourselves to the play-offs yet again. We shouldn't even be having this discussion. I don't think it's unrealistic or arrogant to suggest we should be winning this league now. Our expectations should have risen this season and it's inexcusable in my eyes that we're out of a title race so early. That to me is failing on your pre season targets. Obviously I don't care how we get there but having that lottery yet again after so long to get it right.

What's worse is it's the same mistakes every single season, we've not started well enough due to a shite early season rotation policy (again) we've not recruited well enough in January (again), we've still not got a suitable central midfielder (God knows how long we've waited for that).

It's all just the same, each season is a carbon copy of the next and to watch Barnet, Bristol Rovers and now Cheltenham get it right before us makes it worse.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 41
Fishy4Skin
February 13, 2016, 5:47pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: -69
Quoted from KingstonMariner

So if their players are not better than ours..........

Then it's either the grounds man, the ball boys or perhaps the way the half time oranges are cut.  One things for certain, it can't be the managers fault!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 41
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Negativity or Realism ?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.