Logged Offline
Private Message
X
February 13, 2016, 5:25pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +44
That was awful. I don't understand how they didn't see that the long balls weren't working after the first 10 mins against a much bigger team?  Everything they did looked slow and no one looked like that wanted it, I think JPP for bogle was a mistake. Taking off Arnold for Straker was silly (he played poor, there's a reason York didn't want him!)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 103
HackneyHaddock
February 13, 2016, 5:29pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +17 / -1
Approval: +3,619
Gold Stars: 1
No polishing today's turd.

Just bizarre that in windy conditions against inferior opposition we tried to play long ball.

Even during the game, on the odd occasions when we did get it down on the ground or out wide, we did look better, but then didn't learn from it and resorted to ling hoofs from McKeown, Toto and Tait.

Genuine question: What is the reason for such tactics?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 103
promotion plaice
February 13, 2016, 5:31pm

Posts Per Day: 3.84
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,953
Gold Stars: 188

The lack of a big target man was painfully obvious today. I know the conditions didn't help but what a disappointing performance that was.
Disley's tackle at the death was immense.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 103
chaos33
February 13, 2016, 5:31pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,786
Gold Stars: 349
I'm waiting to hear Hurst's explanation....

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 103
Mariner Ronnie
February 13, 2016, 5:35pm

Lower Findus
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.81
Rep Score: +45 / -6
Approval: +1,100
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from chaos33
I'm waiting to hear Hurst's explanation....

Hurst will say we was rubbish, which we was, was is there to explain?

Today we got our team back - town fan leaving Wembley may 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 103
Mariner93er
February 13, 2016, 5:35pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: +4,674
Gold Stars: 28
Cold. Miserable. I dont understand the concept of passing it around the defence to simply just hoof it, why not just hoof it in the first place. Also,I'm a fan of disleys, but against such limited opposition why does he feel the need to constantly play a simple back pass, its a complete lack of urgency which makes defending against us easy. It'd be interesting to know how many passes he completed to defenders as opposed to fellow midfielders or attackers today.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 103
HackneyHaddock
February 13, 2016, 5:38pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +17 / -1
Approval: +3,619
Gold Stars: 1
Sorry relegation plaice, but "big target man" is just dark ages football for the likes of Lincoln, not us.

The painfully obvious part is not that we didn't have a Matt Rhead-like clogger up front, but that despite having superb footballers like Nolan, Amond and Arnold on the field we CHOSE to hoof the ball up in the air in gale force winds against a relegation-threatened team with two massive centre halves.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 103
Hagrid
February 13, 2016, 5:38pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.79
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +19,987
Gold Stars: 507
Quoted from Fat Cobra
Get with it sharp object

Time of the month?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 103
ginnywings
February 13, 2016, 5:39pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 537
We huffed, we puffed but yet again we couldn't blow down the house. Another tactical masterclass in how to draw a game against limited but organised opposition, to whom we gave much heading practice. Never did i feel that we would get a charge on and force a goal like title winning sides do. A game that was crying out for a big bustling target man to get among them, only we don't have one still. The good run we had is looking more and more like it was down to Townsend, who often made the difference and got us over the line. Without him, we have no spark and we have never really had a killer instinct under Hurst. Another poor January transfer window and post christmas drop in points gained. It's a never ending cycle. Hoping for a play off bit of fortune with a third of the season left doesn't seem a very appestizing prospect to get the juices flowing for the rest of the regular season. Ah well, there's always the Trophy.

Apart from all that, i am half frozen and trying to get a hot drink today was nigh on impossible. Not a happy bunny.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 103
11 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.