2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
dicko995
February 13, 2016, 8:53pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: -249
Gold Stars: 21
It looks an interesting mix, there are 11 teams in with a shout for the four spots available, including us. Its going to be right down to the wire. We can all assume its going to be Cheltenham or Forest Green for the top spot, and looking down the league its down to 12th spot who have a chance for the play off positions. I guess it could be in our hands near the end of the season who we could play. Now, the leading question ; If you was in Paul Hursts shoes, would you just play the games out going for 3rd spot, or would you do the maths and try to get the position to play against the choice team in the semis?.
This could be a planned promotion in our eyes, and maybe we could have a double Wembley visit with the F.A. trophy... maybe there is hope yet !!
Logged Offline
Private Message
ginnywings
February 13, 2016, 8:54pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 537
I'd rather win the league to be honest.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 11
dapperz fun pub
February 13, 2016, 8:55pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,719
Gold Stars: 81
Quoted from ginnywings
I'd rather win the league to be honest.

Ditto
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 11
Abdul19
February 13, 2016, 8:58pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.42
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,449
Gold Stars: 213
Finish 3rd, get the home leg second. 90%* chance of this happening anyway.

* not statistically analysed

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 11
Marinerz93
February 13, 2016, 9:01pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from dicko995
It looks an interesting mix, there are 11 teams in with a shout for the four spots available, including us. Its going to be right down to the wire. We can all assume its going to be Cheltenham or Forest Green for the top spot, and looking down the league its down to 12th spot who have a chance for the play off positions. I guess it could be in our hands near the end of the season who we could play. Now, the leading question ; If you was in Paul Hursts shoes, would you just play the games out going for 3rd spot, or would you do the maths and try to get the position to play against the choice team in the semis?.
This could be a planned promotion in our eyes, and maybe we could have a double Wembley visit with the F.A. trophy... maybe there is hope yet !!

There is 3 places up for grabs, one of the run away 2 will more than likely finish 2nd.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 11
ackomariner
February 13, 2016, 9:09pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +20 / -8
Approval: +1,216
Gold Stars: 3
Play like we did today and you can kiss goodbye to even getting into the playoffs, never mind winning them

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 11
LH
February 13, 2016, 9:11pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,390
Gold Stars: 169
Build up momentum between now and the end of the season. 99% certain we won't win the league but play to capitalise on any slips higher up. All being well go into the play offs with a home second leg and go into it fearing no-one.

Getting to the final is only half the job.
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 11
HackneyHaddock
February 13, 2016, 9:14pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +17 / -1
Approval: +3,619
Gold Stars: 1
Finish as high s we can to get the home leg second.

The play-offs are not a lottery.  Penalty shoot-outs are not a lottery.  They are spressure-control ituations that we're more than likely now going to face, so need to start preparing.

As part of that, I would also recommend PH start identifying penalty-takers for any potential shootout and working out a strategy to get those people technically and mentally prepared.  The act of doing this can even be part of the psychological "goal visualisation" that helps them focus on the end goal and prevent the season petering out.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 11
MuddyWaters
February 13, 2016, 9:19pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,880
Gold Stars: 230
Stuff the playoffs!
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 11
ginnywings
February 13, 2016, 9:20pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 537
After the Gateshead defeat, most accepted that it was the play offs anyway and that we just had to win as many games as we could and try to keep up our form going into them. Today doesn't change that but if you were to ask our esteemed manager, he will tell you that it doesn't make any difference if we play away first or second. I think it does myself but it's not my worry.

Had to laugh today on my way out of the ground when i heard a fan say the the excitement of possibly getting to Wembley in the Trophy had got to the players.

I haven't seen a team we cannot beat in this league, so it's all about getting it right for three games and maybe the rub of the green on one or two key decisions.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 11
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Play Offs

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.