Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The biggest concern...
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 301 Guests

The biggest concern...

This thread currently has 4,602 views. Print
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
PPMariner
February 14, 2016, 11:13am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +15 / -8
Approval: +476
Gold Stars: 9
..for me, from Paul Hurst's post-match interview was not the 'fans are spoilt' comment.

When I listened last night (a tad inebriated), I will admit I was fairly irate at the spoilt comment. He comes across at best, saying something so openly condescending about fans of this club that independent observers would agree are amongst the best in the country (pound for pound) as an arrogant, perhaps a tad narcissistic (his lack of ability to ever acknowledge he's culpable for anything; being the prime case for the prosecution of that claim), man.

Even then, though - the worst, most blood boiling thing that I heard - twice, several minutes apart - was something entirely different and I'm surprised that I don't think I've seen it mentioned in any of the threads concerning his questionable interview.

He stated, "...the most important thing from today is not losing". Followed, minutes later, by "...the important thing was getting something from the game". I was under the influence when I listened and I fear for my Sunday if I were to re-listen so I apologise if a word or two of the direct quotes are jumbled/misplaced.

Paul Hurst. FFS. Please. Not losing is NOT the most important thing. Will you ever, ever, ever comprehend this fact?

It is true at the start of the season. It is true in the middle of the season. It is true towards the end of the season.

It is certainly only more blinking true when you are 10+ points adrift of the position you aspire to; at home to a team in the relegation zone.

Get a grip and stop telling me that you are happy "getting something" from the game. You shouldn't be and this is why I have always doubted your capabilities as a manager.

The "spoilt" comment was certainly condescending but could have been meant slightly less incendiarily (not a word), than it has been taken. Never admitting blame for anything you unleash onto the field is the arrrogance/narcissism thing I've already dissected.

The incessant happiness with not losing is just the over-arching, unflinching, never-swaying sign of someone born not to win.

I want Town to have a winner at the helm, I believe we need it.

UTMM

"Associate yourself with men of good quality, if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company."
Logged Offline
Private Message
chaos33
February 14, 2016, 11:16am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,786
Gold Stars: 349
Good post.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 23
arryarryarry
February 14, 2016, 11:20am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,946
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from PPMariner
..for me, from Paul Hurst's post-match interview was not the 'fans are spoilt' comment.

When I listened last night (a tad inebriated), I will admit I was fairly irate at the spoilt comment. He comes across at best, saying something so openly condescending about fans of this club that independent observers would agree are amongst the best in the country (pound for pound) as an arrogant, perhaps a tad narcissistic (his lack of ability to ever acknowledge he's culpable for anything; being the prime case for the prosecution of that claim), man.

Even then, though - the worst, most blood boiling thing that I heard - twice, several minutes apart - was something entirely different and I'm surprised that I don't think I've seen it mentioned in any of the threads concerning his questionable interview.

He stated, "...the most important thing from today is not losing". Followed, minutes later, by "...the important thing was getting something from the game". I was under the influence when I listened and I fear for my Sunday if I were to re-listen so I apologise if a word or two of the direct quotes are jumbled/misplaced.

Paul Hurst. FFS. Please. Not losing is NOT the most important thing. Will you ever, ever, ever comprehend this fact?

It is true at the start of the season. It is true in the middle of the season. It is true towards the end of the season.

It is certainly only more blinking true when you are 10+ points adrift of the position you aspire to; at home to a team in the relegation zone.

Get a grip and stop telling me that you are happy "getting something" from the game. You shouldn't be and this is why I have always doubted your capabilities as a manager.

The "spoilt" comment was certainly condescending but could have been meant slightly less incendiarily (not a word), than it has been taken. Never admitting blame for anything you unleash onto the field is the arrrogance/narcissism thing I've already dissected.

The incessant happiness with not losing is just the over-arching, unflinching, never-swaying sign of someone born not to win.

I want Town to have a winner at the helm, I believe we need it.

UTMM

I agree completely, I said to rest in the car is he from a different planet, it was Boreham Wood FFS.
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 23
dapperz fun pub
February 14, 2016, 11:31am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,719
Gold Stars: 81
I've listened to it again and clearly hurst as got to big for his boots otherwise he wouldn't have said such a thing. Finishing in the playoffs and getting beat by those massive clubs Gateshead/ Newport not so much Bristol should not be regarded as success or being spoilt,Luton had similar play off failures and didn't think it was success just to be there they rolled the dice until they got it right.even if we get promoted through the play offs which is a big if I think hursts time here is up
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 23
headingly_mariner
February 14, 2016, 2:07pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,266
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from dapperz fun pub
I've listened to it again and clearly hurst as got to big for his boots otherwise he wouldn't have said such a thing. Finishing in the playoffs and getting beat by those massive clubs Gateshead/ Newport not so much Bristol should not be regarded as success or being spoilt,Luton had similar play off failures and didn't think it was success just to be there they rolled the dice until they got it right.even if we get promoted through the play offs which is a big if I think hursts time here is up

Luton had the biggest budget in the league every season they were in it, barring maybe Fleetwood.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 23
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
February 14, 2016, 2:21pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.35
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Perhaps somebody should whisper in Hurst's ear that we get 3 points for a win these days. A draw is no longer a point gained and it hasn't been since 1981, it's two points lost.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 23
chaos33
February 14, 2016, 2:45pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,786
Gold Stars: 349
It certainly is at home to a relegation threatened team. To say it was important not to lose and that it was a point gained is absurd.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 23
FishOutOfWater
February 14, 2016, 3:28pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.15
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,564
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from chaos33
It certainly is at home to a relegation threatened team. To say it was important not to lose and that it was a point gained is absurd.

Just looking at the tables and both Town and Bore 'em have the most draws of any team - 11 each

In some ways I guess a draw was on the cards given those stats but we all know there was only one team who should be happy with a share of the points yesterday and it won't be Town

Year after year we come up against teams like them who you could argue deserve to get something for their resilience.

But why do we try and fail to get past such teams all the time? Wins and the three points they bring us are what we need, not self-congratulations at coming off undefeated but with only one point to the good  

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 7 - 23
MuddyWaters
February 14, 2016, 4:30pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230
Boring bollox from Hurst, but clearly doing an "adequate enough" job to keep him employed. Fentys former trigger happy finger has not been itchy for some time, but surely he must have some sense of anger about the number of draws we've had against pub teams this season.
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 23
dapperz fun pub
February 14, 2016, 4:57pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,719
Gold Stars: 81
Quoted from MuddyWaters
Boring bollox from Hurst, but clearly doing an "adequate enough" job to keep him employed. Fentys former trigger happy finger has not been itchy for some time, but surely he must have some sense of anger about the number of draws we've had against pub teams this season.

I'm sure he will pm later regarding this matter
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 23
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The biggest concern...

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.