1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
nightrider
February 14, 2016, 7:53pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +4 / -3
Approval: +464
Gold Stars: 10
Anybody listen to this on Talk Sport with Alvin Martin about a month ago?
Interesting program all about players who the fans love but are loathed by their fellow professionals for going into hiding during games. Puzzled as to why their managers haven't picked up on it but interesting all the same.....
Type of players that lose the ball knowing full well they can win it back and look good instead of just keeping hold of. Happens a lot according to Alvin and Matt Holland? on TalkSport.

Got me thinking, weve had hundreds....

http://fansonline.net/middlesbrough/mb/view.php?id=4712897

Christ you all wanted him sacked a few months ago. 6th place finish and he's now the messiah and can do no wrong  
Update:  I think I've got this right - He was the messiah. He then wasn't. He then was again. Then it turned out he actually wasnt. He turned into one big huge messiah again. Now he's not actually the messiah we thought he was . Now I'm hoping he rises again quickly
Logged Offline
Private Message
jamesgtfc
February 14, 2016, 8:17pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,938
Gold Stars: 190
I think Hurst does a great job getting rid of the hiders such as Thomas, Nielson etc.

I think this current team is full of honest pros and it would be harsh to tar one with this brush but I think we've had plenty down the years.

I will get the ball rolling with Disco Des.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 4
Mariner Ronnie
February 14, 2016, 8:23pm

Lower Findus
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +45 / -6
Approval: +1,100
Gold Stars: 6
Sweeney

Today we got our team back - town fan leaving Wembley may 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 4
jamesgtfc
February 14, 2016, 8:25pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,938
Gold Stars: 190
Thomas Pinault went hiding once and Slade wasn't happy. He could have dragged a woman off the street that day and she would have played better than 'The Frenchman'.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 4
nightrider
February 14, 2016, 8:38pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +4 / -3
Approval: +464
Gold Stars: 10
Surely Disco Des doesn't count? He never hid - He just wasn't there in the first place!

You wont be surprised to hear that according to Wiki, Disco played his last pro game for Town
Not sure why, at 28, I thought he was at the peak of his powers....

Christ you all wanted him sacked a few months ago. 6th place finish and he's now the messiah and can do no wrong  
Update:  I think I've got this right - He was the messiah. He then wasn't. He then was again. Then it turned out he actually wasnt. He turned into one big huge messiah again. Now he's not actually the messiah we thought he was . Now I'm hoping he rises again quickly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 4
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Players that hide - Debate on Talk Sport

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.