Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: diehardmariner, August 27, 2011, 5:03pm
What happened at the end,  anyone see it? Looked like Scott utterly embarrassing himself.
Posted by: Chrisblor, August 27, 2011, 5:06pm; Reply: 1
What's the gobby twit gone and done now?
Posted by: biggles9999, August 27, 2011, 5:07pm; Reply: 2
Again, surely not?

So weve had running on the pitch, arguing with players, the hairdryer treatment every half time......whats the next story?
Posted by: jungleland, August 27, 2011, 5:12pm; Reply: 3
according to jt on hullberside having a pop at fan had to led away by stewards
Posted by: Chrisblor, August 27, 2011, 5:17pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from jungleland
according to jt on hullberside having a pop at fan had to led away by stewards

Just continuing with the petty and juvenile behavior he was renowned for at Boston then.

Posted by: aldi_01, August 27, 2011, 5:24pm; Reply: 5
What a flipping joke. Aside from being an adult and offering people out being childish, being a manager who has already alienated many a fan this seek this was just the icing on the cake.

The man showed himself for what he is, amateur and clueless. Did anyone actually want them in the first place? Fenty doesn't count because he couldn't pick a manage if his life depended on it.

Tactically inept is a description of our management team.
Posted by: jungleland, August 27, 2011, 5:25pm; Reply: 6

it does look that way ..  not the type of fella you would employ in a management role in any other walk of life ..  
Posted by: LH, August 27, 2011, 5:26pm; Reply: 7
Basically, he said "it's not ten years ago, we've got no money and we're doing what we can. If you don't like it don't come." It might have been a bit ruder than that.

We really are turning into a pub team and I'm not sure how much more I can be arsed with.
Posted by: Plymouth_Mariner, August 27, 2011, 5:28pm; Reply: 8
Tactically inept is a description of our management team.[/quote]

This certainly seems the case, i think tuesday night was a fluke , still i saw them win for once  :-/
Posted by: Alfie, August 27, 2011, 5:28pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from LH

We really are turning into a pub team and I'm not sure how much more I can be arsed with.

Totally agree.
For what it's worth i'd direct all the grievances to the clueless fishmonger in the Upper Findus, not the managers. They're not miracle workers and this club is rotten to the core. Sacking them won't make an ounce of difference. Change needs to happen at the top.
Posted by: Mariner_501, August 27, 2011, 5:28pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from LH
Basically, he said "it's not ten years ago, we've got no money and we're doing what we can. If you don't like it don't come." It might have been a bit ruder than that.

More money than the large majority in this league.
Posted by: 75 (Guest), August 27, 2011, 5:29pm; Reply: 11
I saw it from the bottom of the lower Findus. He was furious after speaking to the fan(s) in the Pontoon and was led away by the stewards. I have no idea why he thought it was a good idea to walk that far at the end of the game to confront a fan. It's okay showing passion but he made an utter twit of himself as far as I could see.

I was told he pretty much said 'If you don't like it then intercourse off and don't come back'. Very worrying behaviour although I must admit I could only see it unfolding and I didn't hear anything.
Posted by: davmariner, August 27, 2011, 5:29pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from aldi_01
What a flipping joke. Aside from being an adult and offering people out being childish, being a manager who has already alienated many a fan this seek this was just the icing on the cake.

The man showed himself for what he is, amateur and clueless. Did anyone actually want them in the first place? Fenty doesn't count because he couldn't pick a manage if his life depended on it.

Agree completely. Although I'm not calling for the managers' heads, this is also what I'm thinking. Amateur and unprofessional.
Posted by: bobbyturtle, August 27, 2011, 5:32pm; Reply: 13
We're sinking lower and lower :'(
Posted by: bobbyturtle, August 27, 2011, 5:32pm; Reply: 14
We're sinking lower and lower :'(
Posted by: BIGChris, August 27, 2011, 5:34pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from 75
I saw it from the bottom of the lower Findus. He was furious after speaking to the fan(s) in the Pontoon and was led away by the stewards. I have no idea why he thought it was a good idea to walk that far at the end of the game to confront a fan. It's okay showing passion but he made an utter twit of himself as far as I could see.

I was told he pretty much said 'If you don't like it then intercourse off and don't come back'. Very worrying behaviour although I must admit I could only see it unfolding and I didn't hear anything.

eah, that was what i saw from the Upper and heard from others.

What on earth did he expect to gain from charging over to the Ponny like a deranged chav? It was his tactics that cost us the game NOT a lack of money
Posted by: NorthLeedsMariner, August 27, 2011, 5:34pm; Reply: 16
sounds a complete helmet and gets me vote for 'twit of the week'
Posted by: Mariners_15, August 27, 2011, 5:37pm; Reply: 17
What a buffoon we have in charge, passion is one thing but acting like a total girl private is way over the top!
Posted by: Mariner16, August 27, 2011, 5:37pm; Reply: 18
What a dramatic overreaction from town fans. Sounds like someones said something but like most town fans they can give it out but not take it back. Just don't go to games. Simple really. The mans got passion and the fans aren't giving them time.
Posted by: Super Clive, August 27, 2011, 5:39pm; Reply: 19
Oh  dear what a fool, just what we needed after a loss
Posted by: petethemariner, August 27, 2011, 5:40pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from Alfie

Totally agree.
For what it's worth i'd direct all the grievances to the clueless fishmonger in the Upper Findus, not the managers. They're not miracle workers and this club is rotten to the core. Sacking them won't make an ounce of difference. Change needs to happen at the top.

Yes, but we should at least expect them to be tactically aware - what side plays with no right hand side midfielder? BOTH  Darlo goals came from there Wood  often had 3 attacking him and little help and everyone in the ground could see them coming - a switched on manager would have changed the formation after 10 minutes even, if it meant taking the unlucky Thompson off then, not waiting until half time when we were 2 down, sorry, that was just  inept management..
I thought we might have appointed a duo who knew what they are doing - doesn't really appear so at this moment in time.
Posted by: semilapsedmariner, August 27, 2011, 5:41pm; Reply: 21
Wer'e shite and we know it but do shorty and shouty?
Posted by: steve1971, August 27, 2011, 5:41pm; Reply: 22
was at the foot of the Main when he stormed over to answer an angry (Nob Head I.M.O) fan after being lead away from the Pontoon ...... answered along the lines of  "did you watch the same game i did? did you think we played excrement?".... In all fairness he showed passion in his temper, but shouldn't have risen to the provocation and should have maintained a more professional attitude....Ridley got envolved too.

my opinion of what i saw
Posted by: Mighty_Mariner, August 27, 2011, 5:43pm; Reply: 23
I think fair play for speaking to the fans, he may have lost his temper but why should he stand there and take abuse? I agree with what he said " This is not 10 years ago, we haven't got the money to throw around and were doing the best we can"

I still think these are the right 2 for the job, we just need to give the team time to gel! It's not like we are getting outplayed, it's individual errors that are costing us! If we are still in the position by christmas then we can start worrying!
Posted by: aldi_01, August 27, 2011, 5:43pm; Reply: 24
If people don't go o games and the managers tell people not to come then people won't, simples. People won't pay to watch the chuckle brothers send out a lop sided team that are tactically inept and saying things like this will keep people away...
Posted by: Quakerz, August 27, 2011, 5:45pm; Reply: 25
Which one is Scott, the big one or the little one?
Posted by: BIGChris, August 27, 2011, 5:45pm; Reply: 26
Quoted from Mighty_Mariner
I think fair play for speaking to the fans, he may have lost his temper but why should he stand there and take abuse? I agree with what he said " This is not 10 years ago, we haven't got the money to throw around and were doing the best we can"

I still think these are the right 2 for the job, we just need to give the team time to gel! It's not like we are getting outplayed, it's individual errors that are costing us! If we are still in the position by christmas then we can start worrying!

Today was not about money. We picked a totally unblanced side. I have little doubt we would not have lost had we picked a proper side. A Sunday league  Div 8 side wouldnt go out with a lopsided team and not expect the opposition to exploit it
Posted by: AndyGTFC, August 27, 2011, 5:46pm; Reply: 27
Some of you need to actually know what happened before you start insulting people. By all accounts, Scott went over to the fans and was met with a tirade of abuse. He showed respect by going over to talk with them, the flipping idiots should do the same.
Posted by: jungleland, August 27, 2011, 5:47pm; Reply: 28
Quoted from semilapsedmariner
Wer'e shite and we know it but do shorty and shouty?

shorty and shouty very good   :B
Posted by: GrimsbyOllie, August 27, 2011, 5:48pm; Reply: 29
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otwGjlNonQw
Posted by: GtfcGarner, August 27, 2011, 5:49pm; Reply: 30
Respect Scott for going over, yeah what he did was unprofessional but get on with it, we aint high class anymore and from todays performance we won't be in a VERY long time.
Posted by: siy2k5, August 27, 2011, 5:52pm; Reply: 31
Quoted from Quakerz

Big one (shouty).
Posted by: aldi_01, August 27, 2011, 5:52pm; Reply: 32
If these are right for the job then something needs to change quickly. Yes it isn't ten years ago but many a team were in the same position as us and aren't a flipping disgrace with the chuckle brothers in charge like us. We have one of the biggest budgets in the league so something has to give...yes i know some fans are morons but the majority are normal and we know it isn't ten years ago but telling thefans to intercourse off etc isn't gonna help when many a person doesn't like them as it is...
Posted by: Tinymariner, August 27, 2011, 5:54pm; Reply: 33
Alot of people on here are very willing to jump on RS's back without even knowing what happened. He came over to 2 fans who were remonstrating for him to do so.
They both had a go at him and asked him why we weren't buying players when they are obviously needed, TBF they did give him alot of sh1t and as LH said he responded with a slightly hot head which is down to passion.
In no way did he make a fool of himself, in fact, he actually got a round of applause from the majority of fans for talking sense and having the balls to stand up for himself. Top man IMO which I wouldn't have said beforehand.
UTMM
Posted by: AndyGTFC, August 27, 2011, 5:56pm; Reply: 34
Just watched that rant on YouTube. Respect to Rob Scott for standing up for the team there. Some fans don't have a clue.
Posted by: Mariner Ronnie, August 27, 2011, 5:57pm; Reply: 35
Quoted from AndyGTFC
Just watched that rant on YouTube. Respect to Rob Scott for standing up for the team there. Some fans don't have a clue.

seconded and, ;)
Posted by: RoboCod, August 27, 2011, 5:58pm; Reply: 36
Quoted from Tinymariner
Alot of people on here are very willing to jump on RS's back without even knowing what happened. He came over to 2 fans who were remonstrating for him to do so.
They both had a go at him and asked him why we weren't buying players when they are obviously needed, TBF they did give him alot of sh1t and as LH said he responded with a slightly hot head which is down to passion.
In no way did he make a fool of himself, in fact, he actually got a round of applause from the majority of fans for talking sense and having the balls to stand up for himself. Top man IMO which I wouldn't have said beforehand.
UTMM

Hard to join in when I wasn't there but if these are the usual foul mouthed frothing at the mouth 'fans' i think they are then it's hard not to respond. Wish he hadn't but I'd like to hear the full story.
Posted by: GrimmyGrimGrim, August 27, 2011, 5:59pm; Reply: 37
Quoted from AndyGTFC

Well he's hardly likely to admit they chose poor players and used poor tactics.
Posted by: pontoonlew, August 27, 2011, 5:59pm; Reply: 38
I was going to come on here and rant about how much excrement I heard from the fans today, though i'd rather talk about the game but this has made me want to share what I heard some fans saying today;

Now, I went on my own today for the first time in my life. So instead of talking, I listened to the talking people were doing and was just ashamed at times. 5 mins in, when we looked at our best a bloke was saying how flipping excrement we was and we were being dominated!? The he was hurling abuse at Wood for not pushing forward, despite it being impossible for him to do so because he had no right winger to overlap to cover him. His answer was to take Duffy and Hearn off in place of Spencer and Elding because they would score the chances we were making! What flipping chances!?!? Duffy was prehaps our best player on the pitch and this pillock was asking to take him off. Another guy behind me claimed this is what happens when you sign Boston 'rejects', funny that because the ONE Boston United player playing for us today was Pearson, thier player of the season last season and if we want to count Mckeown then lets do that, he hasn't put a foot wrong! Then fans booed the players onto the pitch for the second half, good start guys yeah, way to flipping go! The problem was fixed and the managers learnt the lesson, albeit too late. I've come on here and been constructive but a MAJORITY of fans (sadly) have no flipping clue at all and if i was Scott i'd be flipping furious with the shite that spews out of fans mouths at times! Yes, they made a mistake but it was rectified and if you go to a game intent on slagging them off after 5 mins then do what Scott said and intercourse off!
Posted by: Chris, August 27, 2011, 6:00pm; Reply: 39
OH DEAR.

Totally counter-productive.

Comes across as a bit of a sharp object if you ask me. Passion is one thing, and as supporters we understand that, but this guy seems unhinged.
Posted by: Chrisblor, August 27, 2011, 6:00pm; Reply: 40

nobody comes out of this well
Posted by: aldi_01, August 27, 2011, 6:00pm; Reply: 41
I don't care what he said to be honest, he shouldn't have gone over in the first place, the fact is, they haven't got a clue and once again he makes himself look flipping stupid.
Posted by: hertfordshire mariner, August 27, 2011, 6:01pm; Reply: 42
fair play to him i say.
Posted by: MarinerGeorge10, August 27, 2011, 6:01pm; Reply: 43
Sorry if you can't hear him that well, didn't want to get too close  ;)
Posted by: jungleland, August 27, 2011, 6:02pm; Reply: 44

tiny  to fair he ask`s   for all he gets  he is a manager of a profesional football club  ..  so he should just not get involved .. you know as well as i do your going to get a resonable debate with football fans at the end of a game  ..  cockney gob shite  from what i`ve seen and heard from him ..  and by the way with all the money jf is spending keeping the club afloat i wonder what he thinks of his manager telling the few remaining paying punters to not fvcking come  twit of the week no month year
Posted by: GrimmyGrimGrim, August 27, 2011, 6:03pm; Reply: 45
He should have never put himself in that position. It's very easy to be a big mouth and shout down idiots but what about when legitimate concerns arise and we really hit the brown stuff?
Posted by: Forever Amber, August 27, 2011, 6:03pm; Reply: 46
Quoted from LH

So he's still trotting that line out is he?
Get used to it-he used it regularly @ Boston.I hate to say i told you so but....
As i said before,with Rob Scott it's all about his ego-you're obviously not massaging it properly.
Posted by: siy2k5, August 27, 2011, 6:05pm; Reply: 47
Respect to Scott for speaking to the fans, however, he needs to maintain a professional attitude. Swearing at fans is not going to endear him to them :-/
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, August 27, 2011, 6:06pm; Reply: 48
Quoted from Chris
OH DEAR.

Totally counter-productive.

Comes across as a bit of a sharp object if you ask me. Passion is one thing, and as supporters we understand that, but this guy seems unhinged.

after agree with that
Posted by: RoboCod, August 27, 2011, 6:07pm; Reply: 49
Quoted from Forever Amber

So he's still trotting that line out is he?
Get used to it-he used it regularly @ Boston.I hate to say i told you so but....
As i said before,with Rob Scott it's all about his ego-you're obviously not massaging it properly.

Hi all,Boston United fan here.If the rumours are true,and it's looking increasingly like they are,then congratulations,you've just got the best young managers in non league.Hugely driven,committed ,and proffesional in their approach

Forever Amber, March 22 2011

Memory lapse F A ?
Posted by: AdamHaddock, August 27, 2011, 6:07pm; Reply: 50
It's so sad to see things have descended to that level at BP. Starting to take a bit of a dislike to Scott now
Posted by: Eastendmariner, August 27, 2011, 6:08pm; Reply: 51
that's all we need the management confronting the fan's  we are down to 2,600 now !! been twice fleet and Braintree and I can't see it getting any better the front two are tosh ! in my opinon .....

my advice to the BOSTON STRANGLERS DON'T START TELLING THE FAN'S DON'T BOTHER COMING BECAUSE THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT THEY WILL DO ..

THEN WE WON'T HAVE A CLUB...

YOU NEED TO LOOK AT YOUR SIGNINGS AND THEY WAY YOU MANAGE THEM AND YOUR TACTICS !!! CAUSE THEY ARE NOT WORKING !!!

ARE THEY ....
Posted by: Wembley 08, August 27, 2011, 6:08pm; Reply: 52
What does he say about paying 500 quid for a player? Or have I misheard it?
Posted by: siy2k5, August 27, 2011, 6:08pm; Reply: 53
Quoted from RoboCod

Hi all,Boston United fan here.If the rumours are true,and it's looking increasingly like they are,then congratulations,you've just got the best young managers in non league.Hugely driven,committed ,and proffesional in their approach

Forever Amber, March 22 2011

Memory lapse F A ?

Oh dear ;D

Posted by: AndyGTFC, August 27, 2011, 6:09pm; Reply: 54
Quoted from AdamHaddock
It's so sad to see things have descended to that level at BP. Starting to take a bit of a dislike to Scott now

Why dislike someone for speaking their flipping mind? Quite frankly, some fans deserve to be told. I know you can talk about professionalism etc. but at the end of the day, he's only human.
Posted by: cmackenzie4, August 27, 2011, 6:10pm; Reply: 55
Quoted from siy2k5
Respect to Scott for speaking to the fans, however, he needs to maintain a professional attitude. Swearing at fans is not going to endear him to them :-/

WHS
Posted by: Alfie, August 27, 2011, 6:10pm; Reply: 56
Quoted from Chrisblor

nobody comes out of this well

Can't defend that really.
I like Scott but he shouldn't go out of his way looking for confrontation like that whether he disagrees or not. Unprofessional. There's talking to fans and then there's that.
Posted by: hertfordshire mariner, August 27, 2011, 6:10pm; Reply: 57
Quoted from siy2k5

its endeared him to me. theres some right brain dead muppets in the ponny that are happy to give the team and management abuse before the games even kicks off,. if i ever bump in to him il buy him a pint.

Posted by: AdamHaddock, August 27, 2011, 6:12pm; Reply: 58
Because while it's great theatre to watch Scott bollocking a ref / linesman /player, it's not a good sign when he starts effing and blinding at those who pay his wages. I accept we have some goons following the club but he has to rise above it.
Posted by: MarinerGeorge10, August 27, 2011, 6:14pm; Reply: 59
Quoted from Wembley 08
What does he say about paying 500 quid for a player? Or have I misheard it?

I'm not too sure but i think he said where paying 500 quid a week too players but I'm n ot 100% sure :-/
Posted by: Chrisblor, August 27, 2011, 6:14pm; Reply: 60
I've seen that Rob Scott clip somewhere before.... http://youtu.be/1cNg1XMLQOo?t=1m40s
Posted by: bobbyturtle, August 27, 2011, 6:14pm; Reply: 61

its endeared him to me. theres some right brain dead muppets in the ponny that are happy to give the team and management abuse before the games even kicks off,. if i ever bump in to him il buy him a pint.

Don,t think bumping into him would be a good idea ??)
Posted by: gobby, August 27, 2011, 6:15pm; Reply: 62
He came over to the Pontoon as the 2 so called fans asked him too. He did not expect the abuse he did receive once there. I did not like him swearing as it sounded unprofessional but the abuse he was taking certainly was uncalled for so he just gave it back. He will or should have learnt from this I doubt he will do it again but then again! 8)
UTMM
Posted by: MarinerGeorge10, August 27, 2011, 6:19pm; Reply: 63
Didn't he then go over to the main stand too another fan and got pulled away again?
Posted by: brad_gtfc, August 27, 2011, 6:20pm; Reply: 64
Oh dear, this is not what we need.

Part of me says, fair play.

The other part says, you cant confront and swear at fans, its not sunday league (despite the standard of football)

Also, he wouldn't have had to go over to them fans if he knew how to set a team up.
Posted by: carrot top, August 27, 2011, 6:23pm; Reply: 65
At least he's showing that he wears his heart on his sleeve. If I was him though I think I would try to avoid a confrontation like so soon after the game (gives everybody a chance to calm down etc). At least it won't be dull with him around as it was with Woodsy
Posted by: supertown, August 27, 2011, 6:24pm; Reply: 66
i spoke to the stewards after the game, he told the fans " if you dont like it dont flipping come".

The guy sounds like an headcase. JF wont put up with him, weve gone from an alcoholic to a nutter. (ignoring woods in between)
Posted by: LH, August 27, 2011, 6:25pm; Reply: 67
Do we normally debrief on the pitch? Just wondering.
Posted by: Bruce Springsteen, August 27, 2011, 6:25pm; Reply: 68
has to be sacked immediately in my opinion. You cannot lose it like that, that's unnaceptable behaviour. Fans are Fans they pay the money, and they have the right to an opinion.
Posted by: shaunieboy, August 27, 2011, 6:25pm; Reply: 69
can i honestly say i am a fan of these two but today they got it wrong in the 1st half and changed it to late this should of happened after 10 mins ROB and Paul we can not play433 lets get back to simple 442 which we looked alot better. i would also say the MOM today was SAM RUSSELL again this lad made 6 really good saves today and always does everytime he comes to play here.
If they got it wrong as a management duo lets just hope they have learned from this.
Posted by: carrot top, August 27, 2011, 6:26pm; Reply: 70
Quoted from supertown
i spoke to the stewards after the game, he told the fans " if you dont like it dont flipping come".

The guy sounds like an headcase. JF wont put up with him, weve gone from an alcoholic to a nutter. (ignoring woods in between)

That is funny
Posted by: bobbyturtle, August 27, 2011, 6:28pm; Reply: 71
Shouty  is such an apt name for him, he can,t help himself
Posted by: jonnyboy82, August 27, 2011, 6:29pm; Reply: 72
i think rob scott has just made himself look a twit basically..

at the end of the day the results and performances have been excrement,i could understand if we had won and fans were having a go..

how he can defend himself and his team for another loss just goes to show he has lost the plot and this is the worst it could go,shouting at fans is a disgrace..

i dont care if the fans shouted at him,i dont give a toss he should have just walked off and instead he has tried to defend his losing team.

flipping sick of this joke club.

intercourse it,the fans are sick of this excrement.
Posted by: Chris, August 27, 2011, 6:31pm; Reply: 73
This club doesn't need this. It needs the right people working hard to get the right players in the right positions, playing to their strengths in the right formations. This sort of thing is just embarrassing IMO.
Posted by: grimsby pete, August 27, 2011, 6:32pm; Reply: 74
This club  OUR CLUB, is sinking lower and lower,

A manager should never speak to his customers like that,

His days are numbered imo
Posted by: MarinerInExile, August 27, 2011, 6:32pm; Reply: 75
I could do without all the idiots abusing a team that's performed pretty well and unlucky not to get 3 points, let alone 1.
If it stops them from coming, it's done a job for me. All that will result is a better, more positive atmosphere and what's bad about that?
Yes, it was unprofessional, but if i was doing everything in my power to do well for the football team I'd want to have my say too.
I'd like to add that on another day we would have won that game, the keeper's played a blinder.
Posted by: alvinghammariner, August 27, 2011, 6:35pm; Reply: 76
this club is a joke, puts you off going even more when the managers act like that.
Posted by: pontoonlew, August 27, 2011, 6:36pm; Reply: 77
Okay guys, if you had worked your bottom off all summer doing the best you can, your team played well today and some mammary decides its not good enough, You'd be mad, there are so many people supporting this club who dont have a flipping clue about football. The town is full of flipping retards and just because they go watch the football, doesn't take away the fact they have no flipping brains. I heard it all today and like I said, I was ashamed! Hands up those pillocks who booed there own team on the pitch second half today...
Posted by: hook line and sinker, August 27, 2011, 6:37pm; Reply: 78
i'm proud that we have hurst and scott as manager,hurst comes across fantastically on the radio and after seeing rob's outburst it shows what passion he has for getting us out this, if the majority of town fans said we played very well today then surely thats how it was? its just the same old boring t*ats who come for the moan.end of the day its not a sprint its a marathon and i'd rather finish well than have a good start then peter out at the end of the season.what good a new manger going to do we've already done that countless times and just as we cant sink any lower we do.we have to stick with rob and paul they will get us out this mess given time.
Posted by: 1106 (Guest), August 27, 2011, 6:37pm; Reply: 79
A bit classless. Behaves like hes far too hotheaded on the touchline/dugout, ill disciplined. He's starting to appear to me almost inept. I feel like I'm starting to dislike the bloke.
Posted by: bostonian, August 27, 2011, 6:38pm; Reply: 80
When Rob managed cosmopolitan Boston he did not react in this manner to the two fans who used to shout abuse at him .

He could not understand the language!!!!!!
Posted by: Mariner_501, August 27, 2011, 6:38pm; Reply: 81
At least he cares it seems, we all say things when we're angry. But does he expect fans do be happy where we are now?
Posted by: Mighty_Mariner, August 27, 2011, 6:39pm; Reply: 82
i'm proud that we have hurst and scott as manager,hurst comes across fantastically on the radio and after seeing rob's outburst it shows what passion he has for getting us out this, if the majority of town fans said we played very well today then surely thats how it was? its just the same old boring t*ats who come for the moan.end of the day its not a sprint its a marathon and i'd rather finish well than have a good start then peter out at the end of the season.what good a new manger going to do we've already done that countless times and just as we cant sink any lower we do.we have to stick with rob and paul they will get us out this mess given time.

WHS!
Posted by: Tommy, August 27, 2011, 6:44pm; Reply: 83
1) if he hadn't gone over to talk to the fans that were asking him to, i assume there would be people on here saying he's arrogant and rude

2) it's probably the same people moaning that he's too hot-headed that were the ones moaning about Woods standing arms-folded in the dugout area.

3) there are some absolutely thick as excrement fans in Blundell Park and it honestly feels like a majority that are like this. It's certainly a majority in terms of the ones that are vocal during games anyway. And i would have said the same thing to them in an argument like that. Some people i just don't know why they bother coming to games to sit and moan that we're not playing like Barcelona. I'm not saying this should be a regular thing and i'm sure once all you drama queens have made a big story out of this that RS will think twice before going to talk to some lunatic fan who obviously hasn't watched the same game as me again.

Not a big deal i don't think. Agree with what RS says to the guy and it sounds like the fans around what happened agreed with what RS was saying too.
Posted by: mariner83, August 27, 2011, 6:45pm; Reply: 84
Quoted from pontoonlew
Okay guys, if you had worked your bottom off all summer doing the best you can, your team played well today and some mammary decides its not good enough, You'd be mad, there are so many people supporting this club who dont have a flipping clue about football. The town is full of flipping retards and just because they go watch the football, doesn't take away the fact they have no flipping brains. I heard it all today and like I said, I was ashamed! Hands up those pillocks who booed there own team on the pitch second half today...

I couldn't believe it as we were walking at at FT and heard people booing [img]http://www.createblog.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/shrug.gif[/img] It's not like the lads didn't put the effort in.  Some of the players must wonder why the hell they bother.
Posted by: cleeimp, August 27, 2011, 6:45pm; Reply: 85
>:(
Quoted from AdamHaddock
Because while it's great theatre to watch Scott bollocking a ref / linesman /player, it's not a good sign when he starts effing and blinding at those who pay his wages. I accept we have some goons following the club but he has to rise above it.

>:( >:(
I  agree with every word  but it was his tactics and team selection what was to blame  not the fans
he ask for the fans to get behind the team and they did in a very good way only to be turned on by a manager who as found things are not as easy as he thought.
so IMHO he should :X :X and do the job he is paid for   because he as not done a very good job so far in charge he will have too stay off the fans back or his stay here will be one of the shortest your for given Neil I was wrong  there is worse than you and you must be having a laugh Thompson is worth sacrificing some one else. >:(
Posted by: Liam94, August 27, 2011, 6:47pm; Reply: 86
Put yourself in his shoes. You come into the match against one of the decent sides in the division on the back of an emberassing defeat, moronic fans are already calling for you to be sacked, your tactics haven't worked and your not to happy. At the end of the game a couple of fans call you over so you go expecting a talk about the match, but you get abuse hurled at you from some moron who still thinks we should be in the championship and thinks he can do the job after playing 2 hours of football manager. You are gonna lose your temper because you'll be fustrated at the loss knowing you gave it your best shot and your reputation is on the line at a club that is slowly dieing. I don't agree with the swearing and tell a fan to intercourse off and go somewhere else but agree with his points. Some fans here are morons and still can't except we are a non league club, many managers have had bad starts in charge of thier club, wait and see and if we are still rubbish after about 2 to 3 months then call for thier heads but for now just shut up there's 40 odd games left!
Posted by: bluebottle, August 27, 2011, 6:47pm; Reply: 87
I think what possibly tipped Scott over the edge was,that it had been transparently obviouse ,even to a supporter with a peanut for a brain that the managerial team had got it so wrong initially.So when a mooron can see that you made a mistake it must have been a howler.So the only thing you can do to hide your utter embarrasment  is to f and blind and wait for the stewards to cart you off. :-/
Posted by: samg, August 27, 2011, 6:48pm; Reply: 88
Quoted from Tommy
1) if he hadn't gone over to talk to the fans that were asking him to, i assume there would be people on here saying he's arrogant and rude

2) it's probably the same people moaning that he's too hot-headed that were the ones moaning about Woods standing arms-folded in the dugout area.

3) there are some absolutely thick as excrement fans in Blundell Park and it honestly feels like a majority that are like this. It's certainly a majority in terms of the ones that are vocal during games anyway. And i would have said the same thing to them in an argument like that. Some people i just don't know why they bother coming to games to sit and moan that we're not playing like Barcelona. I'm not saying this should be a regular thing and i'm sure once all you drama queens have made a big story out of this that RS will think twice before going to talk to some lunatic fan who obviously hasn't watched the same game as me again.

Not a big deal i don't think. Agree with what RS says to the guy and it sounds like the fans around what happened agreed with what RS was saying too.

Excellent post mate totally agree!
Posted by: barralad, August 27, 2011, 6:52pm; Reply: 89
Quoted from Tommy

Best post on the subject. I'm sick of hearing how "good" the crowd at B.P. are. It only takes one set back to have them booing etc. The bloke behind me was screaming for Makofo to be taken off before we'd reached half time.
Alan Buckley regularly had words with the fans in the main stand. At some games Arthur Mann (R.I.P.) did a passable job of being a U.N. observer trying to keep the peace.
Posted by: pontoonlew, August 27, 2011, 6:53pm; Reply: 90
Quoted from Tommy

Sums it up for me, me and the bloke sat next to me had our head in our hands at times with the things we heard today. It's the area we live in, simple as that. Thick inside and outside a football ground.
Posted by: 1106 (Guest), August 27, 2011, 6:55pm; Reply: 91
Quoted from Tommy

I'd rather still have Woods in charge than someone who appears to lack self-control or discipine in the dugout or in front of some moaners from the Pontoon.
Posted by: tashee69, August 27, 2011, 6:58pm; Reply: 92
Quoted from Tommy

Totally agree with you, as for some town fans the phrase empty vessels make the most noise seems very apt

Posted by: Garth, August 27, 2011, 6:58pm; Reply: 93
Quoted from Tommy

Agreed there is not a lot of damage done boliicking a fan but his temper and attitude will clash with Fenty IMO long before this seasons over and he will walk, he brought himself down to a pub brawler today which is not clever in an entertainment industry in the presence of women and kids
Posted by: barralad, August 27, 2011, 6:59pm; Reply: 94
Quoted from 1106

I'd rather still have Woods in charge than someone who appears to lack self-control or discipine in the dugout or in front of some moaners from the Pontoon.

According to the Fishy experts we simply had to have a manager who showed passion on the touchline and elsewhere. They were lauded for this vital component of a managers make-up at their appointment
Posted by: 1106 (Guest), August 27, 2011, 7:09pm; Reply: 95
Quoted from barralad

According to the Fishy experts we simply had to have a manager who showed passion on the touchline and elsewhere. They were lauded for this vital component of a managers make-up at their appointment

Its one thing being passionate on the touchline. But sometimes for me its a close call between being "passionate" in a classy way, or "going off on one" in a unclassy ill disciplined way. I have my views on which category Mr Scott goes into. People might disagree with me, but then thats life. :P. We'll might just have to disagree! :o
Posted by: RoboCod, August 27, 2011, 7:10pm; Reply: 96
He had a go at TWO fans. A good dozen or more applauded him. How is this a sacking offence ?
Posted by: GrimmyGrimGrim, August 27, 2011, 7:10pm; Reply: 97
Quoted from 1106

Its one thing being passionate on the touchline. But sometimes for me its a close call between being "passionate" in a classy way, or "going off on one" in a unclassy ill disciplined way. I have my views on which category Mr Scott goes into. People might disagree with me, but then thats life. :P. We'll might just have to disagree! :o

I do agree, he verged on the ridiculous with that outburst. We need stability, not someone who can explode at any moment.
Posted by: cleedale, August 27, 2011, 7:12pm; Reply: 98
Quoted from AdamHaddock

Exactly, and every club has those same sorts of fans.

I think the psychological pointer comes out here. It's alright losing your temper - everybody does, some more than others - but make sure you've got the finger firmly on the 'control' button for most of the time; because there comes a point with people who keep blowing it where everybody is going to just think you're mad and ignore you.

Posted by: Bruce Springsteen, August 27, 2011, 7:13pm; Reply: 99
It doesnt matter how excrement the supporters are, that behaviour is not acceptable, football is about opnions, but he has overstepped the mark. He has to be sacked. If he isnt I wont set foot in Blundell Park again
Posted by: Tommy, August 27, 2011, 7:13pm; Reply: 100
Quoted from Garth

Agreed there is not a lot of damage done boliicking a fan but his temper and attitude will clash with Fenty IMO long before this seasons over and he will walk, he brought himself down to a pub brawler today which is not clever in an entertainment industry in the presence of women and kids

It's ok, RS doesn't wear ties and Furneaux took all the chairs with him when he left in the summer.
Posted by: Perkins, August 27, 2011, 7:18pm; Reply: 101
Christ! whats it coming to when a managers rant at a few gonads (testicles to the uneducated on this site) gets more than twice as many posts as comments about the game. Probably not the best thing for Scott to have done, as it may well come back and bite him on the bum. But he is obviously more than capable of responding to the gonads (see above) in the only kind of language they understand. The sort of language they,(the gonads) hurl at the players from the minute they kick off. We are not a great side, far from it, but sometimes some of the so called supporters at BP leave me speechless with their total ignorance of the game and knowledge of the club. We will never be a rich club, never have a top class manager,never get an asian billionaire to take over the club,  never get as far as the Championship let alone the Prem, even assuming we ever get out of this league. So get real.  But, what we may get is a Chairman who leaves with no one willing to take over, and players that are so pis*ed off at being abused they want to leave. I know its heartbreaking to be where we are at the moment, it is for me too, but remember we are an ordinary club in the general scheme of things, nothing special but a club, our club. Forget the so called glory days, they have gone, possibly never to return. Get used to it. But give it the support while we still have it.
Posted by: MarinerInExile, August 27, 2011, 7:20pm; Reply: 102
Quoted from Bruce Springsteen
It doesnt matter how excrement the supporters are, that behaviour is not acceptable, football is about opnions, but he has overstepped the mark. He has to be sacked. If he isnt I wont set foot in Blundell Park again

Daft. If he'd have punched the bloke it would be a different matter. They shared a few heated words and if he's sacked I won't go myself.
Posted by: Gary Gilbert, August 27, 2011, 7:23pm; Reply: 103
So there were two rants one in the pontoon and one in the main stand when he was lead away by a steward.
Posted by: GrimmyGrimGrim, August 27, 2011, 7:24pm; Reply: 104
Quoted from Perkins
Christ! whats it coming to when a managers rant at a few gonads (testicles to the uneducated on this site) gets more than twice as many posts as comments about the game. Probably not the best thing for Scott to have done, as it may well come back and bite him on the bum. But he is obviously more than capable of responding to the gonads (see above) in the only kind of language they understand. The sort of language they,(the gonads) hurl at the players from the minute they kick off. We are not a great side, far from it, but sometimes some of the so called supporters at BP leave me speechless with their total ignorance of the game and knowledge of the club. We will never be a rich club, never have a top class manager,never get an asian billionaire to take over the club,  never get as far as the Championship let alone the Prem, even assuming we ever get out of this league. So get real.  But, what we may get is a Chairman who leaves with no one willing to take over, and players that are so pis*ed off at being abused they want to leave. I know its heartbreaking to be where we are at the moment, it is for me too, but remember we are an ordinary club in the general scheme of things, nothing special but a club, our club. Forget the so called glory days, they have gone, possibly never to return. Get used to it. But give it the support while we still have it.

We're trying to keep ourselves a fully professional team, this is anything but professional. It's not a good advert.
Posted by: ponnyfan, August 27, 2011, 7:25pm; Reply: 105
Is this in any way linked to the tall guy with the glasses, who sits towards the singing end of the ponny, who had a major altercation with the big steward at half time.Lot's of expressive body language and clearly upset about something.Didn't see the full time incident personally - where did it occur ?
Posted by: hook line and sinker, August 27, 2011, 7:25pm; Reply: 106
cant beleive some tosser would actually get into an argument with our manager,wouldnt dream of it no mater how bad it got (fenty would be a different matter tho ;D) complete lack of respect imo
Posted by: Garth, August 27, 2011, 7:27pm; Reply: 107
Quoted from Tommy

It's ok, RS doesn't wear ties and Furneaux took all the chairs with him when he left in the summer.

It will happen though two similar characters, its good he defended his players  although I suspect his pride is taking a hammering especially after todays mismanagement, its called putting up a defence (something that was absent on the pitch)
Posted by: Bornandbread, August 27, 2011, 7:29pm; Reply: 108
The main stand was more interesting. Even without hearing or seeing it on youtube because he'd already had his heated words and brushed off one steward. Thats when he should have called a spade a spade and headed in.
Posted by: Wrawby_Mariner, August 27, 2011, 7:29pm; Reply: 109
cant beleive some tosser would actually get into an argument with our manager,wouldnt dream of it no mater how bad it got (fenty would be a different matter tho ;D) complete lack of respect imo

I spoke to the fan in question at the Whistle and Flute in Barnetby after the game and according to him : He went over and asked Scott if he thought the perfomance was anywhere near good enough. Scott replied with something along the lines of 'We were unlucky'. thats when it all kicked off  :-/
Posted by: ponnyfan, August 27, 2011, 7:32pm; Reply: 110
Just seen it on Youtube - that is in no way acceptable behaviour for a professional football manager.
Posted by: pontoonlew, August 27, 2011, 7:32pm; Reply: 111
Quoted from Wrawby_Mariner

I spoke to the fan in question at the Whistle and Flute in Barnetby after the game and according to him : He went over and asked Scott if he thought the perfomance was anywhere near good enough. Scott replied with something along the lines of 'We were unlucky'. thats when it all kicked off  :-/

Well he's right, we were and I bet that fan then said we was shite. Just another one of Grimsbys thick as intercourse fans who embarass us time after time and if you want evidence of stupid fans, read 50% of the stuff posted on this board.
Posted by: Tommy, August 27, 2011, 7:34pm; Reply: 112

Hope you enjoyed your last ever match at Blundell Park today then.
Posted by: Perkins, August 27, 2011, 7:37pm; Reply: 113
Quoted from GrimmyGrimGrim

We're trying to keep ourselves a fully professional team, this is anything but professional. It's not a good advert.

Agreed, like i said not the best thing to do, but understandable under the circumstances. He'll be a villain to some and a hero to others.
Posted by: ponnyfan, August 27, 2011, 7:39pm; Reply: 114
Quoted from Perkins

Agreed, like i said not the best thing to do, but understandable under the circumstances. He'll be a villain to some and a hero to others.
It isn't about hero or villain, but professional ethics
Posted by: grimsby pete, August 27, 2011, 7:42pm; Reply: 115
If Laws did not get the sack for thumping Bonnetti,

Scott will not even get a repremand for telling a supporter,

" If you don't like it, don't fooking come "

BUT

IMO  he is not fit to be a manager.
Posted by: gtfc98, August 27, 2011, 7:45pm; Reply: 116
Quoted from aldi_01
I don't care what he said to be honest, he shouldn't have gone over in the first place, the fact is, they haven't got a clue and once again he makes himself look flipping stupid.

Please don't muddle up fact with opinion. I'm sure they have much more of a clue than you. Its about time someone someone stood up to some of the moronic "fans" of our club. Get a grip man.
Posted by: Alfie, August 27, 2011, 7:46pm; Reply: 117
What would sacking them actually achieve? felicitations sake some of the people on this board really are clueless fuckwits.
No-one wanted the job before they got it. They were fifth choice as it is. They've signed THEIR players. If they go, no manager with a sane state of mind would take the job with the pillock we've got running the club and they'd be left with a bunch of players who were signed to play the Scott/Hurst way. 8 managers in as many years, isn't it? Give them time. Scott might not be as polite as Saint Neil but him and Hurst are working their socks off to try and keep a sinking ship alive. Ferguson would've struggled to turn us around. The club is rotten to the core.

Give them time ffs.
Posted by: EY Mariner, August 27, 2011, 7:47pm; Reply: 118
Those of us who were among the early arrivials in the ground at Newport last weekend, as I was, would have seen Rob Scott come over and specifically thank us for travelling after the Braintree debacle. It would have been easy for him to hide away from the fans on the first matchday after that horror show, but the fact that he didn't is one of the main reasons why I won't be joining the would-be lynchmob here.

I haven't been to the game today, but I have watched the video and I back Scott completely. I don't watch Town as much as I used to and one of the main reasons for that is that I simply cannot stand the negativity that is given out by so many fans. Watching the Newport game was a classic example of an improvement from the previous game (admittedly it couldn't have been worse) which still wasn't enough for too many.

Mike Newell was right when he said there is a negative culture around our club. That culture remains today and it is fuelled to a large extent, whether they mean to or not, by many of our fellow supporters who either can't or won't accept that we are at this level and still believe we should be in the Championship. That's history. What matters is where we are now and how we go forward. But we will continue to be held back as a club unless those of us who are able and willing to attend games (and I will be at Forest Green next weekend) do so from a position where they don't jump on players' backs at the first misplaced pass or on managers' backs after a difficult start.
Posted by: Dobbo, August 27, 2011, 7:50pm; Reply: 119
Ive been supporting town since the early 80"s - one thing is consistant - Our fans get more boring each and every season.

We spent all our time with slade in charge pissing and moaning we played hoof ball yet we were top of the league

We spent all of our time with woods in charge asking for a more passionate and animated boss, now we have passionate managers who given time WILL make a difference.

And FACT this isnt 10 years ago, whilst im disgusted with our plight we have to play the cards we're dealt. right now we have a excrement hand...... things Will change but we as fans have a duty to support this club through thick and thin. The ownership WONT change, this league Wont change. some of you just need to get over it and live up^to the reality that we are infact no a smaller club than we once were and it`ll take time to get our Greatness back.

Scott is right, if the fan in question wont get behind the boys then simple: dont turn up

Im behind S&H, im behind our Boys, Things WILL change UTFM
Posted by: ponnyfan, August 27, 2011, 7:50pm; Reply: 120
Quoted from Alfie
What would sacking them actually achieve? felicitations sake some of the people on this board really are clueless fuckwits.
No-one wanted the job before they got it. They were fifth choice as it is. They've signed THEIR players. If they go, no manager with a sane state of mind would take the job with the pillock we've got running the club and they'd be left with a bunch of players who were signed to play the Scott/Hurst way. 8 managers in as many years, isn't it? Give them time. Scott might not be as polite as Saint Neil but him and Hurst are working their socks off to try and keep a sinking ship alive. Ferguson would've struggled to turn us around. The club is rotten to the core.

Give them time ffs.
A sinking ship they are paid to stabilise
Posted by: Marinerz93, August 27, 2011, 7:51pm; Reply: 121
We lost so HandS got it wrong, the stats don't lie.   We had two more shots on target and two more shots off target than Darlo.  Darlo got lucky with a deflected goal and their keeper pulled off some cracking saves that on another day would have another keeper picking out of the back of the net.  HandS didn't get it wrong, we just came up against a keeper in great form, we've played in hundreds of those type of games and we've been that team.

Scott showed his passion but also his frustration at losing, we at least deserved a point today.  Some Town fans just look for an argument or fight and HandS may not have had to deal with a minority who just want to stir it.

What's caused an air of tension is losing 3 out of 5 games and one of those was a right spanking.  We need to start winning and HandS have to get on with it and block out the usual euphoria or doom around the club depending on the most recent results.  We are desperate to get moving forward and so is HandS, Rome wasn't built in a day, mainly because I wasn't on that job but getting it right requires patience.
Posted by: Perkins, August 27, 2011, 7:56pm; Reply: 122
Quoted from ponnyfan
It isn't about hero or villain, but professional ethics

I agree its about professional ethics Ponny, but regarding posts on this thread he already is both a villain and a hero. Im not condoning what he said, he should never have entered into any slanging match with football fans who know more about football management than he does, but he did, and the majority of people put in a similar situation would have reacted in a similar manner.

Posted by: Wrawby_Mariner, August 27, 2011, 7:58pm; Reply: 123
Quoted from Marinerz93
We lost so HandS got it wrong, the stats don't lie.   We had two more shots on target and two more shots off target than Darlo.  Darlo got lucky with a deflected goal and their keeper pulled off some cracking saves that on another day would have another keeper picking out of the back of the net.  HandS didn't get it wrong, we just came up against a keeper in great form, we've played in hundreds of those type of games and we've been that team.

Scott showed his passion but also his frustration at losing, we at least deserved a point today.  Some Town fans just look for an argument or fight and HandS may not have had to deal with a minority who just want to stir it.

What's caused an air of tension is losing 3 out of 5 games and one of those was a right spanking.  We need to start winning and HandS have to get on with it and block out the usual euphoria or doom around the club depending on the most recent results.  We are desperate to get moving forward and so is HandS, Rome wasn't built in a day, mainly because I wasn't on that job but getting it right requires patience.

In fairness, their keeper had a fantastic game, especially in the first half.
Posted by: Mariners_15, August 27, 2011, 7:59pm; Reply: 124
Very unproffessional, like I said earlier, there's 'passionate' and there's going 'over the top' and Scott has fallen into the latter category. What a helmet he's made himself to look. Not matter how much a girl private the fan was being, there's no need to speak to him the way he did and take his anger out on him. It was the managers and players fault for the defeat, no one elses!
Posted by: ponnyfan, August 27, 2011, 8:00pm; Reply: 125
Quoted from Wrawby_Mariner

In fairness, their keeper had a fantastic game, especially in the first half.
He had an excellent game all round Wrawbs - but you probably saw his better side in the first half from your prime ground position  ;)

Posted by: voice of reason, August 27, 2011, 8:04pm; Reply: 126
And the best/worst thing about this rant is still to come.... 80's glorys dissection...  ;D
Posted by: DNMariner, August 27, 2011, 8:06pm; Reply: 127
Someone I know who sits in the main stand was moaning that 'he swears at the players too much infront of a family stand' - who gives a intercourse? It's words, and I'd be willing to bet you'd hear that sort of language from every single dugout around the country. He isn't the marketing director of the club, his job isn't to please the fans (the majority of which are absolutely idiots, plain and simple) his job is to try and get us winning, and to give the players a kick up the bottom where they need it.

Fans are all too happy to shout vitriolic abuse from the bowels of the ground, yet seem to excrement it and complain that he's 'classless' and gets 'too angry' when they have to say it to his face. Our fans oft times criticise the players for being 'gutless' yet looking around BP every week, it appears most of the fans are too.
Posted by: mariner2000, August 27, 2011, 8:07pm; Reply: 128
Quoted from Tommy

Definitely the best post on the matter, a lot of shite being said on here probably from the same fans as in the ponny.

Okay not the way a manager is supposed to react but tell me its that different from warnock or the crap Ferguson has come out with recently!
Posted by: Devonmatt, August 27, 2011, 8:08pm; Reply: 129
Quoted from Dobbo
Ive been supporting town since the early 80"s - one thing is consistant - Our fans get more boring each and every season.

We spent all our time with slade in charge pissing and moaning we played hoof ball yet we were top of the league

We spent all of our time with woods in charge asking for a more passionate and animated boss, now we have passionate managers who given time WILL make a difference.

And FACT this isnt 10 years ago, whilst im disgusted with our plight we have to play the cards we're dealt. right now we have a excrement hand...... things Will change but we as fans have a duty to support this club through thick and thin. The ownership WONT change, this league Wont change. some of you just need to get over it and live up^to the reality that we are infact no a smaller club than we once were and it`ll take time to get our Greatness back.

Scott is right, if the fan in question wont get behind the boys then simple: dont turn up

Im behind S&H, im behind our Boys, Things WILL change UTFM

WHS!
Posted by: jonnyboy82, August 27, 2011, 8:08pm; Reply: 130
Quoted from voice of reason
And the best/worst thing about this rant is still to come.... 80's glorys dissection...  ;D

;D

i think he started typing it up at 5.34pm so should be posted any minute
Posted by: voice of reason, August 27, 2011, 8:11pm; Reply: 131
Quoted from jonnyboy82

;D

Haha, I don't know how this interweb shite works really but i'm guessing Rob might need to create a new platform thingy just to get his dissection on...

Fair play though, they do bring some chuckles and create a lot of... erm discussion...  ;D
Posted by: Wrawby_Mariner, August 27, 2011, 8:11pm; Reply: 132
Quoted from ponnyfan
He had an excellent game all round Wrawbs - but you probably saw his better side in the first half from your prime ground position  ;)

I a had fantastic view I wont lie  ;)
Posted by: siy2k5, August 27, 2011, 8:12pm; Reply: 133
Quoted from jonnyboy82

;D

Expect it sometime tomorrow ;)
Posted by: AndyGTFC, August 27, 2011, 8:13pm; Reply: 134
Quoted from pontoonlew

Sums it up for me, me and the bloke sat next to me had our head in our hands at times with the things we heard today. It's the area we live in, simple as that. Thick inside and outside a football ground.

I think it's just the people football often attracts to be honest, it's not just here. Agree with everything you've put though. Spot on.
Posted by: 97 (Guest), August 27, 2011, 8:15pm; Reply: 135
Wasn't there today. But I wonder how many thousands of Town manager rants there would have been if camera phones had been invented in 1989..!
Posted by: siy2k5, August 27, 2011, 8:16pm; Reply: 136
Quoted from 97
Wasn't there today. But I wonder how many thousands of Town manager rants there would have been if camera phones had been invented in 1989..!

Oooooooh what could you mean? ;)
Posted by: Ipswin, August 27, 2011, 8:21pm; Reply: 137
It is indeed a very narrow dividing line between 'passionate' and 'total raving idiot'.

Incidentally where was Itchy today while his mate Scratchy was showing himself to be totally unprofessional.

What worries me was the 'we're doing the best we can' bit - really? Well if that's the best they can do then perhaps its time they moved aside

Also they ought to remember that its the so called 'idiots and moaning fukers' who pay his wages and are therefore entitled to give him as much stick as they want, it comes with the job, and if he doesn't like it then...well it works both ways
Posted by: GYinScuntland, August 27, 2011, 8:25pm; Reply: 138
Quoted from Ipswin
It is indeed a very narrow dividing line between 'passionate' and 'total raving idiot'.

Incidentally where was Itchy today while his mate Scratchy was showing himself to be totally unprofessional.

What worries me was the 'we're doing the best we can' bit - really? Well if that's the best they can do then perhaps its time they moved aside

Also they ought to remember that its the so called 'idiots and moaning fukers' who pay his wages and are therefore entitled to give him as much stick as they want, it comes with the job, and if he doesn't like it then...well it works both ways

Spot on.
Posted by: bostonian, August 27, 2011, 8:27pm; Reply: 139
Very sad to read this thread as i have come on fishy many times to say S&H WILL TURN TOWN ROUND .
it has to be said Rob let hisself down and he,s now found himself a subject of ridicule on ytube .
Also it saddens me to say when we had a Mcfraud at Boston his behavior to his own fans never sunk to this level .
For all that the best step is for Rob to publicly express remorse and the town fans get behind the management and team .
Posted by: RoboCod, August 27, 2011, 8:30pm; Reply: 140
Quoted from bostonian
Very sad to read this thread as i have come on fishy many times to say S&H WILL TURN TOWN ROUND .
it has to be said Rob let hisself down and he,s now found himself a subject of ridicule on ytube .
Also it saddens me to say when we had a Mcfraud at Boston his behavior to his own fans never sunk to this level .
For all that the best step is for Rob to publicly express remorse and the town fans get behind the management and team .

Too late for some people I feel. The daggers are out and have been for some time.
Posted by: cleeimp, August 27, 2011, 8:30pm; Reply: 141
I realy enjoyed the game but thought that we were to lop sided for me serge and Thompson did well and our young keeper as most of their play came through the gap poor  woods did his best to keep things out.
but Scot spoiled a good game for me by not turning his back on the fan surely he know by now thee ponny contains some die hard fans well it down to Mondays game now hope Scot keeps his gob :X now its a shame behind I like him and Hurst but fenty will not take failure for long or abuse of the paying fans.
:(
Posted by: cod.gtfc, August 27, 2011, 8:39pm; Reply: 142

Good, you won't be missed.

hopefully the moron fans will listen to Scott and not bother turning up either, also the ones who booed the players back for the second half won't bother coming either.

Yes their tactics in the first half cost us two goals, but hopefully they will learn from that, it didn't cost us the game though, Sam Bloody Russell cost us the game.
Posted by: denni266, August 27, 2011, 8:49pm; Reply: 143
Quoted from aldi_01

i totaly agree , there out of there depth here ,
Posted by: gtfc_brad, August 27, 2011, 8:49pm; Reply: 144
Quoted from Quakerz

Big one

Posted by: pseudonym, August 27, 2011, 8:53pm; Reply: 145
I would assume that the people having a go at Scott were from the Fishy site. No wonder he retaliated. We were very unlucky not to win.
Sam Russell played his usual blinder against us. I do admit though that Coulson should have been on from the start
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, August 27, 2011, 8:55pm; Reply: 146
I watches the exchanges from the railings on the Upper Findus at the Pontoon end.  It was unwise to go over and talk to the fans in an emotive moment, just after a home defeat.   No good is likely to come of it.   Talk to fans about the game in say 3 days time.  The precendent was set at Braintree, which was wide publisized.

Fergie has his spats with refs, the FA and BBC.  They are not so different. It is not just Scott.

The fans around the discussion all warmly applauded RS when he left.  He must have said something right.  Going over to talk to fans in the Mains Stand compounded his error.  Being led away by stewards (forcefully) is very poor behaviour for any manager and sets a bad example for the players.  

Kempson and Duffy have both been booked this week for unnecessary verbal abuse
Posted by: Ipswin, August 27, 2011, 8:55pm; Reply: 147
It would have been interesting if Itchy (or Scratchy) had approached the fans in the stand at Braintree like he did today - he might have got more than he bargained for had he spoken to the fans in that way on that occasion
Unfortunately he wasn't as cocky (passionate?) that night, in fact passion was one thing that appeared totally absent from both halves of the management team for the whole 90 mins.
'Doing the best we can' - maybe but is it really good enough one wonders.
Posted by: gtfc_brad, August 27, 2011, 8:57pm; Reply: 148
when i first saw this thread, i thought 'oh no, whats he done now :B' but having watched that i have to say, Well done Rob, thats the passion we need in a manager, its not His or hursts fault, as he said 'we don't have any money' thats why were going to have to maybe let tyrone thompson go
Posted by: gtfc_brad, August 27, 2011, 9:01pm; Reply: 149
Quoted from gtfc_brad
when i first saw this thread, i thought 'oh no, whats he done now :B' but having watched that i have to say, Well done Rob, thats the passion we need in a manager, its not His or hursts fault, as he said 'we don't have any money' thats why were going to have to maybe let tyrone thompson go

also, we may have 'wasted' are money on elding, whom, in my opinion, has not played well for us or any club since his spell at boston in 2006

Posted by: flash1, August 27, 2011, 9:01pm; Reply: 150
Quoted from Ipswin
It would have been interesting if Itchy (or Scratchy) had approached the fans in the stand at Braintree like he did today - he might have got more than he bargained for had he spoken to the fans in that way on that occasionUnfortunately he wasn't as cocky (passionate?) that night, in fact passion was one thing that appeared totally absent from both halves of the management team for the whole 90 mins.

couldnt agree more,
Posted by: gtfc_brad, August 27, 2011, 9:02pm; Reply: 151
Quoted from Ipswin
It would have been interesting if Itchy (or Scratchy) had approached the fans in the stand at Braintree like he did today - he might have got more than he bargained for had he spoken to the fans in that way on that occasion
Unfortunately he wasn't as cocky (passionate?) that night, in fact passion was one thing that appeared totally absent from both halves of the management team for the whole 90 mins.

well said

Posted by: bradzmilne, August 27, 2011, 9:06pm; Reply: 152
why did rob approuch the fans? was it becasue of moaning at the players?
Posted by: voice of reason, August 27, 2011, 9:08pm; Reply: 153
Why do people keep saying this is passion...??? Isn't it just anger...???

Anyways the money argument is pitiful... We have one of the biggest budgets in this league, a lot bigger than the likes of Braintree, who tonked us, a lot bigger than Gateshead and Wrexham, who are joint top, a lot bigger than Boston, where you have just come from and a lot bigger than you will have at your next club if you make a mess of it here....

Get on with your job and get some wins.... You have come to our club with a massive ego, now prove you have the nous to go with the ego or you fak off and darn't cam back...

Posted by: gingervalentino, August 27, 2011, 9:13pm; Reply: 154
It was my first game back for a fair while today(work commitments) and I like most was bitterly dissapointed with the performance and result. It is upsetting though to see a manager so early into his job getting this sort of abuse, no he shouldnt have lowered himself but at least he is passionate about his job and hopefully that will show through in the right way soon. He didnt get Town into the position we are in right now and anyone would be stupid to think we would just hit the ground running this season, everyone deserves a chance to get their team playing how they want to so lets just give them time to iron out the creases however big or small. UTM
Posted by: AndyGTFC, August 27, 2011, 9:13pm; Reply: 155
Quoted from voice of reason
Why do people keep saying this is passion...??? Isn't it just anger...???

Anyways the money argument is pitiful... We have one of the biggest budgets in this league, a lot bigger than the likes of Braintree, who tonked us, a lot bigger than Gateshead and Wrexham, who are joint top, a lot bigger than Boston, where you have just come from and a lot bigger than you will have at your next club if you make a mess of it here....

He meant compared to ten years ago. He said ''we're not in the Championship''. Some people expect us to urine this league just because of what we did ten years ago when at the end of the day, that means intercourse all.  We've got enough money to sign Conference players, that is it.
Posted by: ivanosandwich, August 27, 2011, 9:18pm; Reply: 156
On a positive note, when shouty ran to the Pontoon, Wood said it was the best overlap all afternoon down the right wing.
Posted by: The Grim Reaper, August 27, 2011, 9:19pm; Reply: 157
He was only talking to a brain dead in the ponny. When he walked off the pitch the fans in the main stand applauded him for the teams performance.
Posted by: Ipswin, August 27, 2011, 9:24pm; Reply: 158
Quoted from AndyGTFC

We've got enough money to sign Conference players, that is it.

Do you think Itchy and Scratchy will tell us when they do or will we have to guess?

Posted by: TAGG, August 27, 2011, 9:31pm; Reply: 159
Quoted from ivanosandwich
On a positive note, when shouty ran to the Pontoon, Wood said it was the best overlap all afternoon down the right wing.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Posted by: davmariner, August 27, 2011, 9:38pm; Reply: 160
I'm sorry but what an absolute amateur cretin. To lay into someone like that who pays his wages is inexcusable regardless of whether or not he's frustrated. Either he bucks up his ideas and takes responsibility for the shite dished up and the poor results and do something about it or take his ego and his monkey away from Blundell Park and never return!! Rant over.
Posted by: 1mickylyons, August 27, 2011, 9:48pm; Reply: 161
The correct course of action would be for some kind of internal punishment from the Club over this matter to RS and he should probably apologise for his actions at FT however seen as we always air our dirty linen in public i expect Mon/Tues a Fenty statement backing his Manager to the hilt before firing him on Weds and appointing Swin or Big Chris.
Posted by: barralad, August 27, 2011, 9:52pm; Reply: 162
Quoted from 1106

Sorry I don't do sarcasm very well.....

I should go on record as saying that I categorically do not believe that being passionate is a vital part of a managers make up and leave it at that... :o :o
Posted by: Sane Mariner, August 27, 2011, 10:02pm; Reply: 163
RS needs to realise that if every fan that didn't like what they were seeing at BP at the minute didn't 'fackin' come, then his wages wouldn't be getting paid! What a nob!
Posted by: chicaneuk, August 27, 2011, 10:05pm; Reply: 164
Been a lurker for a few seasons and decided to register after being at the game today and only being 10ft or so away from this little altercation today. I'll put my disclaimer in and say I'm a casual fan who got into following Grimsby because of a life-long supporter friend of mine! I check the scores each weekend and make it to about 5 games a season so... my opinion might just be ignored! But hey! :)

As far as I saw, after the game, Rob Scott had the team together on the pitch and a fan had decided to air his grievances about the game and Scott decided (quite bravely I thought) to come over and offer his opinion on things. I agree it was potentially damaging from a professional point of view but as far as I could tell he was taking quite a mouthful and thought it only fair to fight back with some of the same - fair play to him.

Regarding the game today - firstly I thought we were desperately unlucky to not win that. Yes we made a lot of frustrating mistakes but as usual the referee made some poor decisions and we had so many great efforts - their keeper was pretty excellent.

Having watched a few games towards the end of last season I do truly feel that the standard of football today was quite significantly better than it was last season and I'm quite confident Scott and Hurst along with some of the new signings are showing some promise. Give them a chance for gods sake.
Posted by: RoboCod, August 27, 2011, 10:07pm; Reply: 165
Quoted from chicaneuk
Been a lurker for a few seasons and decided to register after being at the game today and only being 10ft or so away from this little altercation today. I'll put my disclaimer in and say I'm a casual fan who got into following Grimsby because of a life-long supporter friend of mine! I check the scores each weekend and make it to about 5 games a season so... my opinion might just be ignored! But hey! :)

As far as I saw, after the game, Rob Scott had the team together on the pitch and a fan had decided to air his grievances about the game and Scott decided (quite bravely I thought) to come over and offer his opinion on things. I agree it was potentially damaging from a professional point of view but as far as I could tell he was taking quite a mouthful and thought it only fair to fight back with some of the same - fair play to him.

Regarding the game today - firstly I thought we were desperately unlucky to not win that. Yes we made a lot of frustrating mistakes but as usual the referee made some poor decisions and we had so many great efforts - their keeper was pretty excellent.

Having watched a few games towards the end of last season I do truly feel that the standard of football today was quite significantly better than it was last season and I'm quite confident Scott and Hurst along with some of the new signings are showing some promise. Give them a chance for gods sake.

You won't last long on here. Far too sensible.
Posted by: gingervalentino, August 27, 2011, 10:09pm; Reply: 166
Quoted from chicaneuk

Good post and I agree fully, lets give them all a chance. welcome  :)
Posted by: chicaneuk, August 27, 2011, 10:10pm; Reply: 167
Quoted from RoboCod

You won't last long on here. Far too sensible.

Thanks.. I think... ;)
Posted by: samg, August 27, 2011, 10:15pm; Reply: 168
Quoted from chicaneuk

As far as I saw, after the game, Rob Scotas we made a lot of frustrating mistakes but as usual the referee made some poor decisions and we had so many great efforts - their keeper was pretty excellent.

Having watched a few games towards the end of last season I do truly feel that the standard of football today was quite significantly better than it was last season and I'm quite confident Scott and Hurst along with some of the new signings are showingd some promise. Give them a chance for gods sake.

I'm fully behind you Paul Hurst good post ;)
Posted by: 1mickylyons, August 27, 2011, 10:18pm; Reply: 169
Quoted from samg

I'm fully behind you Paul Hurst good post ;)

;D
Posted by: Crowthergtfc, August 27, 2011, 10:41pm; Reply: 170
lets all get behind the boys because all of this cant be anygood for fans for players,
Posted by: FindusFamily, August 27, 2011, 11:45pm; Reply: 171
Right, I've read enough here so I'm going to have my say...

To clarify, I did not see what the fan initially said to Scott and I am fully aware that as a cross-section of society, some of our fans are complete idiots. However, Scott's rant was not brave, honourable or even accurate. It was extremely unprofessional and embarrassing for all involved with the football club. As said by a few, it makes us look like a pub side. Let's consider a few points...

Firstly, a manager in any post must be responsible and present themselves publicly in an admirable fashion. Scott came across like a thug not worthy of calling himself a manager. To think someone who acts like this is actually in charge of people is worrying.

Secondly, having witnessed this outburst I am extremely concerned about the man's ability to handle pressure. To be incapable of taking a little bit of criticism is bizarre for someone in his job. It makes me wonder how he will cope towards the end of the season (if he gets that far) when there is real pressure.

Thirdly, his comment about it not being 10 years ago is correct. While I applaud his grasp of time however, he followed this up with a comment about not having the money. After 5 matches 10 years ago we sat top of what is now the Championship. In this scenario we had much less money to spend than probably 22 of the other 23 teams in the division but did well. In this situation, we probably have more money to spend than about 20 out of the other 23 teams in the division so this argument does not stand up.

Basically, the whole thing was very, very embarrassing for the club. While people are idiots though, I appreciate them sticking with the club. I had to laugh today when I saw someone almost pulling his hair out because a Darlington player wasn't closed down 70 yards from goal in the 5th minute. But then, I understand that this man's frustrations are not 5 minutes old, they are 10 years old. This is something that perhaps our management team could do with understanding.
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, August 28, 2011, 12:00am; Reply: 172
It is a good job that Shouty was not here for the 4-0 home defeat to Crewe. He may have had ALL the remaining fans giving him stick.    He needs to keep his distance (literally). He is one of the managers in a responsible position.

Today sets up similar potential confrontations at future games.  And with away fans who will bait him after hearing of what happened today.  It does not bode well for the Club or the team. Keep control.
Posted by: gingervalentino, August 28, 2011, 12:06am; Reply: 173
The only thing that worries me is that he acknowledges the camera/phone, this should have been the point at which he should have just walked away to stop further embarrasment for himself and the club  :(
Posted by: headingly_mariner, August 28, 2011, 1:02am; Reply: 174
Quoted from FindusFamily
Right, I've read enough here so I'm going to have my say...

To clarify, I did not see what the fan initially said to Scott and I am fully aware that as a cross-section of society, some of our fans are complete idiots. However, Scott's rant was not brave, honourable or even accurate. It was extremely unprofessional and embarrassing for all involved with the football club. As said by a few, it makes us look like a pub side. Let's consider a few points...

Firstly, a manager in any post must be responsible and present themselves publicly in an admirable fashion. Scott came across like a thug not worthy of calling himself a manager. To think someone who acts like this is actually in charge of people is worrying.

Secondly, having witnessed this outburst I am extremely concerned about the man's ability to handle pressure. To be incapable of taking a little bit of criticism is bizarre for someone in his job. It makes me wonder how he will cope towards the end of the season (if he gets that far) when there is real pressure.

Thirdly, his comment about it not being 10 years ago is correct. While I applaud his grasp of time however, he followed this up with a comment about not having the money. After 5 matches 10 years ago we sat top of what is now the Championship. In this scenario we had much less money to spend than probably 22 of the other 23 teams in the division but did well. In this situation, we probably have more money to spend than about 20 out of the other 23 teams in the division so this argument does not stand up.

Basically, the whole thing was very, very embarrassing for the club. While people are idiots though, I appreciate them sticking with the club. I had to laugh today when I saw someone almost pulling his hair out because a Darlington player wasn't closed down 70 yards from goal in the 5th minute. But then, I understand that this man's frustrations are not 5 minutes old, they are 10 years old. This is something that perhaps our management team could do with understanding.

Spectacular post!
Posted by: wycombemariner, August 28, 2011, 1:09am; Reply: 175
There's only one Rob Scott!  A lot of town "fans" don't deserve a football club!
Posted by: BrMarin, August 28, 2011, 1:16am; Reply: 176
we should have kept Woodsy and built the team through the youngsters. We are copulated now.
Posted by: headingly_mariner, August 28, 2011, 1:18am; Reply: 177
Quoted from wycombemariner
There's only one Rob Scott!  A lot of town "fans" don't deserve a football club!

The way Fenty's reign is going we may not have one much longer.
Posted by: wycombemariner, August 28, 2011, 1:20am; Reply: 178
Quoted from headingly_mariner

The way Fenty's reign is going we may not have one much longer.

At least you accept its down to Fenty rather than blaming Scott!
Posted by: headingly_mariner, August 28, 2011, 1:25am; Reply: 179

At least you accept its down to Fenty rather than blaming Scott!

I am a veteran of the point the finger at fenty the twit club.
Posted by: Super Clive, August 28, 2011, 1:28am; Reply: 180
Same, fenty is killing the club

UTM
Posted by: moosey_club, August 28, 2011, 2:14am; Reply: 181
Its always the same isnt it?
Why do"fans" think they can abuse people and expect respect to be returned?
The same thing happens when they abuse an opposing striker...he subsequently scores....celebrates in front of them and everybody wants to call the police. FFS.
Was it professional? No
Was it right? Yes    Whoever was giving sh*t today deserved sh*t back.
Pretty sure we will play worse this season and win, fans who booed today after the effort and application of most today are morons.

The age old saying of "If you cant take it, dont give it" springs to mind. I for one am glad we have passionate managers, FFS last year every one was moaning that Woods demonstration of emotion was changing his stance from hands in pockets to arms folded.
Man up or fvck off.
Posted by: Rik e B, August 28, 2011, 3:47am; Reply: 182
Right, I've not read everyones views but my girlfriend who has followed town for the seven years of our relationship jumped straight on the fishy after the match for the first time ever and after reading a couple of posts wanted to sign up to put people straight (as she see it) but said this is my domain.

First of all, on forums, phone in's whatever it is always the negative minority who air the loudest voice whilst the philosophical supportive majority lurk in the background unless really in disagreement. I think it would be safe to say that is common fact.

I fall into the latter category and from a onetime regular poster to current life situation of no free time -young family, directing a struggling small business and all the stress and worry that the two together entails, have become your quintessential lurker. I log into the fishy daily to keep abreast of the latest happenings and to be honest who the hell are all these loudmouths screaming ‘Part timers’ and the lark to the current coaching staff? Come to think of it they were even at it during the original Buckley era's.

There’s a difference, if you've got your beef with Fenty and all that side of our club and it’s downfall then okay but please don't jump at every molescule of a chance to vent ten years of frustration on the current employees.

They didn't put Grimsby where they are today and likewise Disley and the almost entirely new side didn't play their part like previous mercenaries.

Before I go on, I would please beg Fenty not to be influenced by these people, people who have ‘had enough’ and ‘washed their hands’ of Grimsby Town and no longer contribute to the kitty. Do not press the panic buttom because of the usual motley crew squawking away.

And also, the best chairmen stay silent –let’s not have another ill thought press release that basically put spanners in the works of our new foundations and compromises the manager’s positions… eventually leading to the regurgitation of the entire setup. Square one again (Groundhog day), transfer window closed, January panic signings, players having to adapt to whole new way of thinking and not knowing whether they are coming or going. A quiet word in his shell-like behind closed doors will suffice for now.

If the FA are not to investigate any said incident then in my radical view it really is a breath of fresh air to have somebody finally say it how he sees it and be open to facing the fan’s fury. And until they do let him stir the pot -it might contribute towards winds of change. How often have we heard previous incumbents and players groaning about the pressure of the fan’s expectations at home , apologising, blaming the ref etc. Remember our supposed saviour Mike Newell? He was at his wits end over the BP curse and lost his rag totally and Woodsie looked a forlorn figure because of it all.

I could see how Scottie could rub most people up the wrong way but Saturdays actions were certainly not that of somebody who has ‘lost the plot’, ‘needs to be replaced immediately’ or ‘has not got long’; to me, they were the actions of an extremely ambitious co-manager aiming to reach the very top of the game and who down right refuses to accept or be dragged down by the negativity of the hellish last decade here.

I was close, after a second half display of passion and commitment which had the crowd heading and kicking every ball, up on their feet willing the team forward in a fashion (along with the wave after wave of aggressive attacking play) I’ve not seen since the heady days of old (how many times in the last several years have the team managed to barrage the Pontoon goal all second half thus working up the once revered raucous home end support?) the fans, who a good portion were straight on the players backs first half stayed, again, to clap off the team who despite the bitter pill of defeat had worn the shirt we so love with pride and strained every sinew to the death.

We were clapping, the players were out acknowledging the support, coming up close not skulking away, when totally out of context of the rapport being built one guy decided to shout “Hursty, Scott you f*****g idiots, you’re f*****g s**t! Get here!” gesturing them over. Now I’m not a naturally confrontational person but couldn’t believe what I was hearing and was the first to shout over my disapproval pointing to the second half fightback. Scott heard him too and walked over with a demeanour of ‘okay, you want your say, let’s hear it’ -true to his promise in the telewag that he would speak to any fans who wanted to voice concerns. He did not storm over fuming but strolled with his head held high and then on approach folded his arms, a defensive, non-aggressive stance body language experts would tell you. He heard the guy out, I couldn’t make out what he said but it was short and sharp and I guess not very constructive and then he asked “Was that sh**t?” repeating the question twice. Now for this one idiot there were fourty genuine fan’s backing up and encouraging Scott, letting it be known they were on side.

“If you don’t like it, don’t.......... come” (to a cheer of agreement and applause from the silent majority) he ended with, now this will anger some but isn’t it about time somebody took the bull by the horns and pointed out the double negative contributing to the inescapable chasm of doom we have found ourselves in? Footballers feed on confidence; instant slating of a new team because of a decade of anguish can only be counter-productive and is absolutely nothing to do with them. Have we not mentioned over and over ourselves for years about the moaning sections?

Yes we are a famous and relatively big club with a long and distinguished record all in the Football League until now, once bringing in crowds of over 30,000 to BP, hosting top-flight football for nearly a decade and two FA Cup Semi Finals to boot. Well known for playing the game the right way and also holding our own with the rich big boys for a sustained period (much to their annoyance) in the corrupt modern day era where  cash has destroyed the level playing field of that bygone era.

But that is in the past. We find ourselves where we are this season and each and every team we face will sweat blood and tears for their cause even if the silky skills aren't there. We can't sign Zan Enhua and the like on £13,000 a week wages and can only choose somewhere around Conference level footbllaers on around Conference level wages. Anyway, does anyone really expect any manager to come in with such resources, wave their magic wand and produce a side which smashs everybody of the park from game one?

Let's be sensible here, look to the examples of established teams on their way up.... any new management team will want to make their own mark, build a solid foundation, add to that the next year and over time become a force to be reckoned with. Hurst and Scott are brave enough to blood youngsters who hopefully will develop and form the core of a future successful side, players with a real love for the badge (Lever, Handyside etc anyone?) -or who at least will boost the coffers when sold on.

People are calling for Fenty to come out and put Scottie on a leash but I’m sure will then be moaning about the way the whole affair handled and interference again by the board.

The debate was on in Woods case and it was needed but I think the grumbling section of support have lost all credibility for now by shouting down ‘Toot and Ploot’, ‘Nuzzle and Scratch’ etc since day one.

Bloody part-timers, well no, these guys forged professional playing careers for nigh on forty years between them at a very respectable level and have got to where they are from starting at the very bottom and working their way up (putting in unpaid full-time hours to get there).

Yes it's a learning curve for them as it is for Hearn and co but Hearn seems to be getting to grips with things and hey, all the new players need to build up an understanding as a team.

I have seen plenty of positives, a commitment and mentaltity not seen in the pushovers of previous years and the fan's will react to that as it comes together as demonstarted v Darlo but baying for blood after two games is absolutely ludicrous, straight away, doom doom doom, booing, negative vibes swarming the park. The likes of Churchy and Spencer, integral parts of the jigsaw have been unavailable, we have played the supposed title challengers,  a Braintree side playing in by far the biggest game in their long history and as for Darlo, well they are one of the big boys and will be up there. Nobody else wanted the job remember, speak to Mr. Fenty why that is...
Posted by: Dan, August 28, 2011, 3:51am; Reply: 183
Quoted from Ipswin
Also they ought to remember that its the so called 'idiots and moaning fukers' who pay his wages and are therefore entitled to give him as much stick as they want

I'm sick of hearing this flawed excuse for fans acting like cretins. It's actually Fenty who is paying the wages. If you pay entry in to a Pleasure Island you do not suddenly have the right to demand new attractions and tell staff how to run it. And if each fans contribution equated to a share of the business, the amount you have would give you no say at all, not matter how loud you shout. And in any case, in any business, if the person who did pay the wages acted like some of footballs imbeciles, they'd be told to get copulated. Though I'm not defending Scott. If he wasn't working in football, he'd be one of the idiots on the other side of the barrier doing exactly the same.

We've not had a great start to the season, but we're 5 games in. At the time, I never would have thought I'd pine for Groves, Slade, Buckley III or even Neil Woods back. But the short termist attitude needs to stop now. And heaven forbid if John Fenty reads this forum, you've got to stop listening to the fans who shout the loudest. I'd take 3 years being average in the conference over the last 3 years if it puts a stop to path we've been going down - if the person who really does pay the wages can afford it. Because frankly, if I was him I'd be spending it on my family rather than throwing it away on 3,000 bile filled strangers and a pipe dream.
Posted by: tintowner, August 28, 2011, 7:11am; Reply: 184
Quoted from Rik e B
Right, I've not read everyones views but my girlfriend who has followed town for the seven years of our relationship jumped straight on the fishy after the match for the first time ever and after reading a couple of posts wanted to sign up to put people straight (as she see it) but said this is my domain.

First of all, on forums, phone in's whatever it is always the negative minority who air the loudest voice whilst the philosophical supportive majority lurk in the background unless really in disagreement. I think it would be safe to say that is common fact.

I fall into the latter category and from a onetime regular poster to current life situation of no free time -young family, directing a struggling small business and all the stress and worry that the two together entails, have become your quintessential lurker. I log into the fishy daily to keep abreast of the latest happenings and to be honest who the hell are all these loudmouths screaming ‘Part timers’ and the lark to the current coaching staff? Come to think of it they were even at it during the original Buckley era's.

There’s a difference, if you've got your beef with Fenty and all that side of our club and it’s downfall then okay but please don't jump at every molescule of a chance to vent ten years of frustration on the current employees.

They didn't put Grimsby where they are today and likewise Disley and the almost entirely new side didn't play their part like previous mercenaries.

Before I go on, I would please beg Fenty not to be influenced by these people, people who have ‘had enough’ and ‘washed their hands’ of Grimsby Town and no longer contribute to the kitty. Do not press the panic buttom because of the usual motley crew squawking away.

And also, the best chairmen stay silent –let’s not have another ill thought press release that basically put spanners in the works of our new foundations and compromises the manager’s positions… eventually leading to the regurgitation of the entire setup. Square one again (Groundhog day), transfer window closed, January panic signings, players having to adapt to whole new way of thinking and not knowing whether they are coming or going. A quiet word in his shell-like behind closed doors will suffice for now.

If the FA are not to investigate any said incident then in my radical view it really is a breath of fresh air to have somebody finally say it how he sees it and be open to facing the fan’s fury. And until they do let him stir the pot -it might contribute towards winds of change. How often have we heard previous incumbents and players groaning about the pressure of the fan’s expectations at home , apologising, blaming the ref etc. Remember our supposed saviour Mike Newell? He was at his wits end over the BP curse and lost his rag totally and Woodsie looked a forlorn figure because of it all.

I could see how Scottie could rub most people up the wrong way but Saturdays actions were certainly not that of somebody who has ‘lost the plot’, ‘needs to be replaced immediately’ or ‘has not got long’; to me, they were the actions of an extremely ambitious co-manager aiming to reach the very top of the game and who down right refuses to accept or be dragged down by the negativity of the hellish last decade here.

I was close, after a second half display of passion and commitment which had the crowd heading and kicking every ball, up on their feet willing the team forward in a fashion (along with the wave after wave of aggressive attacking play) I’ve not seen since the heady days of old (how many times in the last several years have the team managed to barrage the Pontoon goal all second half thus working up the once revered raucous home end support?) the fans, who a good portion were straight on the players backs first half stayed, again, to clap off the team who despite the bitter pill of defeat had worn the shirt we so love with pride and strained every sinew to the death.

We were clapping, the players were out acknowledging the support, coming up close not skulking away, when totally out of context of the rapport being built one guy decided to shout “Hursty, Scott you f*****g idiots, you’re f*****g s**t! Get here!” gesturing them over. Now I’m not a naturally confrontational person but couldn’t believe what I was hearing and was the first to shout over my disapproval pointing to the second half fightback. Scott heard him too and walked over with a demeanour of ‘okay, you want your say, let’s hear it’ -true to his promise in the telewag that he would speak to any fans who wanted to voice concerns. He did not storm over fuming but strolled with his head held high and then on approach folded his arms, a defensive, non-aggressive stance body language experts would tell you. He heard the guy out, I couldn’t make out what he said but it was short and sharp and I guess not very constructive and then he asked “Was that sh**t?” repeating the question twice. Now for this one idiot there were fourty genuine fan’s backing up and encouraging Scott, letting it be known they were on side.

“If you don’t like it, don’t.......... come” (to a cheer of agreement and applause from the silent majority) he ended with, now this will anger some but isn’t it about time somebody took the bull by the horns and pointed out the double negative contributing to the inescapable chasm of doom we have found ourselves in? Footballers feed on confidence; instant slating of a new team because of a decade of anguish can only be counter-productive and is absolutely nothing to do with them. Have we not mentioned over and over ourselves for years about the moaning sections?

Yes we are a famous and relatively big club with a long and distinguished record all in the Football League until now, once bringing in crowds of over 30,000 to BP, hosting top-flight football for nearly a decade and two FA Cup Semi Finals to boot. Well known for playing the game the right way and also holding our own with the rich big boys for a sustained period (much to their annoyance) in the corrupt modern day era where  cash has destroyed the level playing field of that bygone era.

But that is in the past. We find ourselves where we are this season and each and every team we face will sweat blood and tears for their cause even if the silky skills aren't there. We can't sign Zan Enhua and the like on £13,000 a week wages and can only choose somewhere around Conference level footbllaers on around Conference level wages. Anyway, does anyone really expect any manager to come in with such resources, wave their magic wand and produce a side which smashs everybody of the park from game one?

Let's be sensible here, look to the examples of established teams on their way up.... any new management team will want to make their own mark, build a solid foundation, add to that the next year and over time become a force to be reckoned with. Hurst and Scott are brave enough to blood youngsters who hopefully will develop and form the core of a future successful side, players with a real love for the badge (Lever, Handyside etc anyone?) -or who at least will boost the coffers when sold on.

People are calling for Fenty to come out and put Scottie on a leash but I’m sure will then be moaning about the way the whole affair handled and interference again by the board.

The debate was on in Woods case and it was needed but I think the grumbling section of support have lost all credibility for now by shouting down ‘Toot and Ploot’, ‘Nuzzle and Scratch’ etc since day one.

Bloody part-timers, well no, these guys forged professional playing careers for nigh on forty years between them at a very respectable level and have got to where they are from starting at the very bottom and working their way up (putting in unpaid full-time hours to get there).

Yes it's a learning curve for them as it is for Hearn and co but Hearn seems to be getting to grips with things and hey, all the new players need to build up an understanding as a team.

I have seen plenty of positives, a commitment and mentaltity not seen in the pushovers of previous years and the fan's will react to that as it comes together as demonstarted v Darlo but baying for blood after two games is absolutely ludicrous, straight away, doom doom doom, booing, negative vibes swarming the park. The likes of Churchy and Spencer, integral parts of the jigsaw have been unavailable, we have played the supposed title challengers,  a Braintree side playing in by far the biggest game in their long history and as for Darlo, well they are one of the big boys and will be up there. Nobody else wanted the job remember, speak to Mr. Fenty why that is...

Excellent post.
Posted by: chicaneuk, August 28, 2011, 8:24am; Reply: 185
Quoted from Rik e B

<snip>

Absolutely superbly well said, and certainly your point about the crowd support behind the team during the second half was spot on. Agreed as well about Scott - as you say, he did not come over being confrontational at first. It was a casual walk over and he started off the conversation calmly as I recall.. the YouTube video that has been posted only records about half of what was said (the conversation lasted well over a minute) so doesn't give the full picture of what happened.
Posted by: hook line and sinker, August 28, 2011, 10:05am; Reply: 186
Quoted from Rik e B

great post utfm!
Posted by: louth_in_the_south, August 28, 2011, 10:05am; Reply: 187
Wasn't at the game yesterday but from the sound of the commentary it was an improved performance and we were unlucky to have lost . Unfortunately for towns long suffering fans yet another defeat is hard to take and I can understand the frustration boils over from time to time .
Fair play to Scott he wasn't afraid to come over and stand up for himself and the team . I agree it was cringeworthy and pretty unprofessional but as people have already said if u can't take it don't give it . In fact I think it gets funnier and funnier the more I think about it . One of those 'I wish I was there ' moments .
Posted by: Mariner Ronnie, August 28, 2011, 10:25am; Reply: 188
Quoted from Rik e B

spot on mate :)
Posted by: Henryscat, August 28, 2011, 10:29am; Reply: 189
Does he say "if you can do better bring your F.....g boots"?

That's quality if he does
Posted by: voice of reason, August 28, 2011, 10:32am; Reply: 190
Quoted from Henryscat
Does he say "if you can do better bring your F.....g boots"?

That's quality if he does

Oh right, I see now... This is Rob Scott welcoming a new player to the club and offering him a contract....???  ;D
Posted by: diehardmariner, August 28, 2011, 10:47am; Reply: 191
I think there are over-reactions on both sides of the spectrum here.

However the fact of the matter is Scott simply cannot speak to the fans like that.  I know some of our fans are dragon breathing fuckwits, but they are all we've got left. If we were riding high in the table with sell out crowds, Scott's rant wouldn't have been acknowledged.  Back to reality, we had 2,500 Town fans there and we're struggling for results.  Scott has alienated a large chunk of them and painted a large target on his back.  

Scott had time when he walked over to realise the tact that was needed but he met fire with fire and has no-one to blame but himself.   Taking his frustrations out on the stewards and then going for another go at the Main Stand moaners was idiotic suggests, not for the first time, that Scott is little more than a gobshite wannabe bully.

Crowd for the next home game will be interesting. i
Posted by: flash1, August 28, 2011, 10:48am; Reply: 192
does anybody know who he was speaking too?
Posted by: wodewick, August 28, 2011, 10:54am; Reply: 193
Quoted from moosey_club
Its always the same isnt it?
Why do"fans" think they can abuse people and expect respect to be returned?
The same thing happens when they abuse an opposing striker...he subsequently scores....celebrates in front of them and everybody wants to call the police. FFS.
Was it professional? No
Was it right? Yes    Whoever was giving sh*t today deserved sh*t back.
Pretty sure we will play worse this season and win, fans who booed today after the effort and application of most today are morons.

The age old saying of "If you cant take it, dont give it" springs to mind. I for one am glad we have passionate managers, FFS last year every one was moaning that Woods demonstration of emotion was changing his stance from hands in pockets to arms folded.
Man up or fvck off.

Well said, I am with you on this one.

Posted by: punk mariner, August 28, 2011, 12:00pm; Reply: 194
Quoted from Rik e B

quite honestly the best post I have ever read on The Fishy. the reaction of a small number of fans to incidents such as this is playing a part in taking this club backwards. from the video Scott seems in control of his emotions and made a lot of sense. he's been the only one to speak out against these so called fans as I'm sure he can see the negative reaction it has on the players and ultimately Town's overall performances and results. there have been some excellent responses following yesterdays game from honest, true and loyal fans - its about time we were heard over a minority of completely over reacting idiots.

Posted by: dapperz fun pub, August 28, 2011, 12:13pm; Reply: 195
Quoted from punk mariner

quite honestly the best post I have ever read on The Fishy. the reaction of a small number of fans to incidents such as this is playing a part in taking this club backwards. from the video Scott seems in control of his emotions and made a lot of sense. he's been the only one to speak out against these so called fans as I'm sure he can see the negative reaction it has on the players and ultimately Town's overall performances and results. there have been some excellent responses following yesterdays game from honest, true and loyal fans - its about time we were heard over a minority of completely over reacting idiots.

on that logic shortly im off to tesco to get a few crates for a bbq,if i question the pricing and service to a duty manager should i expect to be told to fook off and dont come back if i dont like it 8)
Posted by: FindusFamily, August 28, 2011, 12:18pm; Reply: 196
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

on that logic shortly im off to tesco to get a few crates for a bbq,if i question the pricing and service to a duty manager should i expect to be told to fook off and dont come back if i dont like it 8)

great post. Only imagine that you had been going to Tesco all of your life, supporting them and some jumped-up new store manager came along and said that to you.
Posted by: punk mariner, August 28, 2011, 12:24pm; Reply: 197

you know exactly what I'm talking about. yes, every Town fan has the right to be unhappy and voice their concerns, issues, greivances, etc in a constructive way. discussing the fact that we didn't have support on the right hand side at yesterdays game is an example of constructive criticism. I've been at many games where a stray pass will be met with 'you're f**king sh*t'. I even heard Colgan being called an 'Irish c**t' after he let in a goal he could do nothing about. it's this kind of abuse which adds to the so called 'rot' of this club and does nothing to help the team (as Fentys statement has just alluded to).

to go with your example, yes, you have the right to ask for duty manager of Tesco and explain that the service you got wasnt up to standard. you have the right to write to their head office and explain why their pricing is questionable. Simply shouting at the girl on the till and calling her names, however, is moronic and achieves nothing!

we are all frustrated at where we are in the league (and the league we are in generally) but its how we channel those frustrations which will ultimately help the club. on yesterdays performance (based on the video - I wasnt there), we were unlucky and I think we are heading in the right direction with this set of players and managers

Posted by: dapperz fun pub, August 28, 2011, 12:29pm; Reply: 198
Quoted from punk mariner

you know exactly what I'm talking about. yes, every Town fan has the right to be unhappy and voice their concerns, issues, greivances, etc in a constructive way. discussing the fact that we didn't have support on the right hand side at yesterdays game is an example of constructive criticism. I've been at many games where a stray pass will be met with 'you're f**king sh*t'. I even heard Colgan being called an 'Irish c**t' after he let in a goal he could do nothing about. it's this kind of abuse which adds to the so called 'rot' of this club and does nothing to help the team (as Fentys statement has just alluded to).

to go with your example, yes, you have the right to ask for duty manager of Tesco and explain that the service you got wasnt up to standard. you have the right to write to their head office and explain why their pricing is questionable. Simply shouting at the girl on the till and calling her names, however, is moronic and achieves nothing!

we are all frustrated at where we are in the league (and the league we are in generally) but its how we channel those frustrations which will ultimately help the club. on yesterdays performance (based on the video - I wasnt there), we were unlucky and I think we are heading in the right direction with this set of players and managers

not being leary m8 and i still support scott,however what did yesterday was wrong but more importantly to me it shows a guy who is feeling the pressure and he cant cope,now thats worrying
Posted by: DoggerBank, August 28, 2011, 1:13pm; Reply: 199
Having just seen the youtube footage I have to say oh dear oh dear,what have we become,
is it not against the law to use foul and abusive language in a football ground?,will Dodsy be paying him a visist?
the steward on the right can clearly be seen to tell Scott to mind his language.
I think I may exersize my right and take heed of his last comment
Posted by: Dan, August 28, 2011, 1:28pm; Reply: 200
The only constant over the last 10 years has been the chairman and us. Maybe it is time for some introspection...
Posted by: Rik e B, August 28, 2011, 1:35pm; Reply: 201
Quoted from FindusFamily

great post. Only imagine that you had been going to Tesco all of your life, supporting them and some jumped-up new store manager came along and said that to you.

After you had been screaming abuse and obsenities at the top of your voice at them? I would imagine security would drag you out.
Posted by: RoboCod, August 28, 2011, 1:39pm; Reply: 202
Quoted from Rik e B

After you had been screaming abuse and obsenities at the top of your voice at them? I would imagine security would drag you out.

After also dragging out and banning the store manager who had been screaming abuse and obscenities at the top of their voice at YOU, I presume?
This analogy isn't really working.
Posted by: cod and chips, August 28, 2011, 1:45pm; Reply: 203
This has to be the funniest thing I've watched on youtube in years......................You have to laugh don't you. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Posted by: Super Clive, August 28, 2011, 1:48pm; Reply: 204
Quoted from cod and chips
This has to be the funniest thing I've watched on youtube in years......................You have to laugh don't you. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Well I'm affraid CC you do, thats the only way too block out the pain of GTFCs demise is humour, Luckily the is alot of it on here  ;D
Posted by: upthestripes, August 28, 2011, 1:55pm; Reply: 205
Quoted from Rik e B

What a cracking post. My Icey nomination.
Posted by: ponnyfan, August 28, 2011, 2:01pm; Reply: 206
Has Rob Scott been attending the "John Sitton Charm School for Scoundrels" ?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYDIMWpcKqI
Posted by: psgmariner, August 28, 2011, 3:34pm; Reply: 207
I really dislike Scott. Classless.

Woods was the worst manager we have ever had but it least he was a likeable loser.
Posted by: Ipswin, August 28, 2011, 3:48pm; Reply: 208

Is this the same Rob Scott, you know the 'fuckinguselesscluelesscunt' you were going to trot across the pitch and have a strong word with at Braintree the other night Wikkers?
You remember, it was just after you called Ridley a 'fuckingdisgrace' and pointed out that the whole team (including the unused subs when they were warming down at the end) were not fit to wear the shirt ;D ;D

Posted by: scrumble, August 28, 2011, 3:57pm; Reply: 209

If you rant and rave, shout abuse at staff, then yes, you will be told your no longer welcome at Tesco's.

Yes Town fans are paying customers, blah blah. But by the same token, can you imagine any other area of business where it is considered acceptable for customers to behave as football fans do?

Posted by: mariner83, August 28, 2011, 6:20pm; Reply: 210
Quoted from Crowthergtfc
lets all get behind the boys because all of this cant be anygood for fans for players,

I feel sorry for the players, they hear people booing after the match yesterday & must wonder why the hell they bother :(
Posted by: Chris, August 28, 2011, 6:23pm; Reply: 211
Most of who were left at the end applauded them off the pitch though didn't they.
Posted by: RoboCod, August 28, 2011, 6:27pm; Reply: 212
Quoted from Chris
Most of who were left at the end applauded them off the pitch though didn't they.

They applauded Scott off after his outburst too.
Posted by: Chris, August 28, 2011, 6:28pm; Reply: 213
I wouldn't have done.

His behaviour was a disgrace.
Posted by: RoboCod, August 28, 2011, 6:29pm; Reply: 214
Quoted from Chris
I wouldn't have done.

Yes. We know.
Posted by: Chris, August 28, 2011, 6:34pm; Reply: 215
Quoted from RoboCod

Yes. We know.

Well just to avoid any confusion, I wouldn't have applauded him. OK? In fact, I may well have told him that I thought he'd made a bit of a male private of himself. But then maybe I'd ask your permission first? Just to make sure that would be OK with you.

Posted by: RoboCod, August 28, 2011, 6:36pm; Reply: 216
Quoted from Chris

Well just to avoid any confusion, I wouldn't have applauded him. OK? In fact, I may well have told him that I thought he'd made a bit of a male private of himself. But then maybe I'd ask your permission first? Just to make sure that would be OK with you.

Fine with me.
Posted by: mariner83, August 28, 2011, 6:40pm; Reply: 217
Quoted from Chris

Yes most applauded, but some also booed & it didn't go unnoticed by the players.
Posted by: voice of reason, August 28, 2011, 6:41pm; Reply: 218
Quoted from mariner83

Yes most applauded, but some also booed & it didn't go unnoticed by the players.

Oh bless em... Will they survive...???
Posted by: ponnyfan, August 28, 2011, 7:01pm; Reply: 219
TOTW should be interesting this week ;)
Posted by: Garth, August 28, 2011, 7:01pm; Reply: 220

Yes if you spent the previous 90 minutes calling him a kunt, wancer and shouting that his performance was sh1t
Posted by: cod and chips, August 28, 2011, 7:08pm; Reply: 221
If a complaint is made to the police they will have no alternative to investigate it, using that type of language inside a football stadium is a criminal offence.
1st manager to receive a banning order.......................Now wouldn't that be funny!
Posted by: headingly_mariner, August 28, 2011, 7:09pm; Reply: 222
Quoted from mariner83

I feel sorry for the players, they hear people booing after the match yesterday & must wonder why the hell they bother :(

Could be something to do with the decent whack they get paid for playing a game?
Posted by: Mariner Ronnie, August 28, 2011, 7:10pm; Reply: 223

Could be something to do with the decent whack they get paid for playing a game?

how much do they get paid?
Posted by: RoboCod, August 28, 2011, 7:11pm; Reply: 224
If a complaint is made to the police they will have no alternative to investigate it, using that type of language inside a football stadium is a criminal offence.
1st manager to receive a banning order.......................Now wouldn't that be funny!

And who's going to complain to the police about swearing exactly ? Those blokes who spent 90 minutes swearing ? (no)

Posted by: headingly_mariner, August 28, 2011, 7:13pm; Reply: 225
Quoted from Mariner Ronnie

I would imagine the average wage is about 700 quid a week.
Posted by: Ipswin, August 28, 2011, 7:13pm; Reply: 226
Quoted from mariner83

they must wonder why the hell they bother :(

and therein lies the problem - half the time they don't

Posted by: TownSNAFU5, August 28, 2011, 7:14pm; Reply: 227
It is worrying that the teams performance was criticised so abusely by this idiot.

Town could have won the game.  What will happen after a dire performance?
Posted by: Ipswin, August 28, 2011, 7:14pm; Reply: 228
Quoted from Mariner Ronnie

a lot more for 90 mins than you do for sweeping up all day

Posted by: Civvy at last, August 28, 2011, 7:16pm; Reply: 229
Quoted from RoboCod

And who's going to complain to the police about swearing exactly ? Those blokes who spent 90 minutes swearing ? (no)

Maybe the guy walking out with his two children who wasn't impressed by the language used by either side in the whole embarrassing incident.
That isn't me by the way I was in the main stand.  But the person concerned will not be going to BP in the near future.  
Still, I'm sure that Scotty will look round at a pathetic home attendance and feel secure that it's just like being back at Boston !!!
Posted by: boston fan, August 28, 2011, 7:23pm; Reply: 230

I would imagine the average wage is about 700 quid a week.

The two players signed from us are on a lot less than £700/ week. more like £500
Posted by: RoboCod, August 28, 2011, 7:23pm; Reply: 231
Quoted from Civvy at last

Maybe the guy walking out with his two children who wasn't impressed by the language used by either side in the whole embarrassing incident.
That isn't me by the way I was in the main stand.  But the person concerned will not be going to BP in the near future.  
Still, I'm sure that Scotty will look round at a pathetic home attendance and feel secure that it's just like being back at Boston !!!

I took my lad out of the Pontoon, the language was shocking. Non stop and very crude, how these grown men couldn't see kids around them, or probably didn't care. But it's rife from fan through to players to manager. Pretty sure Rooney got let off a lot lighter than Scott though, for his unprovoked swearing to millions. How many disgusted people refused to watch Man Utd anymore / cancelled their Sky?
it's rooted deep within the game and no one has really tried to stop it.
Posted by: Civvy at last, August 28, 2011, 7:41pm; Reply: 232
Quoted from RoboCod

I took my lad out of the Pontoon, the language was shocking. Non stop and very crude, how these grown men couldn't see kids around them, or probably didn't care. But it's rife from fan through to players to manager. Pretty sure Rooney got let off a lot lighter than Scott though, for his unprovoked swearing to millions. How many disgusted people refused to watch Man Utd anymore / cancelled their Sky?
it's rooted deep within the game and no one has really tried to stop it.

I understand that.  The only time my son has ever heard me swear is at Town games.  But this wasn't somebody cursing or swearing at the Ref or a missed chance etc. This was a prolonged incident that shows just how amateur the club has now become. Rob Scott should have been professional enough to rise above it. But (like everything else at GTFC at the moment) he wasn't.
Double standards apply massively over this incident.  A supporter that (IMO wrongly) has a rant at the players is alledgedly a f'king moron.  A co-manager that (IMO wrongly) has a rant at a supporter, is a passionate !!! This board used to be a really good place for reasonable debate, with a few drunken nobheads (including me on occasion) livening things up.  However it is now reduced to a few arrogant dickheads (from either side) slagging each other off. Still, if I don't facking like it, I suppose I shoudln't facking log on  ;)
Posted by: headingly_mariner, August 28, 2011, 7:41pm; Reply: 233
Quoted from boston fan

The two players signed from us are on a lot less than £700/ week. more like £500

Yeah and i would imagine several other members of the squad are on at least double that.
Posted by: 1106 (Guest), August 28, 2011, 8:16pm; Reply: 234

Maybe there is a use for PC Dodds after all. After all, should be another easy case with video footage for him to boost his arrests/convictions up so he can justify his existance.

Posted by: pseudonym, August 28, 2011, 8:39pm; Reply: 235
Imagine how Scott would have reacted if he had the similar out of order abuse that Brian Laws got from our idiots at Glanford Park
Posted by: Dan, August 28, 2011, 11:08pm; Reply: 236
If you don't want your kids to hear swearing, sit in a different stand or don't take them.
Posted by: Biccys, August 29, 2011, 12:01am; Reply: 237
Wow. Quite a weekend. I chose not to go to saturdays game, nor listen to it, but I hear we were not too shabby. But wait..... of course there must be an incident at which we can moan... No, Scott was not in the right by confronting fans, but neither was Keegan when Newcastle sold Andy Cole, but he didn't Eff & blind at the fans who stayed back to remonstrate. Scott has revealed a disreputable side of his personality .
More sad times for GTFC I believe..
Posted by: LH, August 29, 2011, 12:11am; Reply: 238
If he'd said what he said in a more articulate manor, would opinions be the same?
Posted by: wycombemariner, August 29, 2011, 1:09am; Reply: 239
\Oh no someone swore at a football match!!  FFS  :X
Posted by: Biccys, August 29, 2011, 1:15am; Reply: 240
Quoted from LH
If he'd said what he said in a more articulate manor, would opinions be the same?

Manner.... What do they teach kids these days....?
Do the Service Writing course, youth....
Posted by: LH, August 29, 2011, 1:24am; Reply: 241
GAH! The one time my spelling is incorrect and I'm caught. The point still stands, would opinions be different?
Posted by: LH, August 29, 2011, 1:25am; Reply: 242
I'd like to add I'm on the G&T, like a real liney would on a BH.
Posted by: Lew19, August 29, 2011, 1:30am; Reply: 243
what's done is done and what said has been said get over it we had a good performance against darlo i dont see why people was booing and critisizing the managers and players. there keeper was outstanding we couldnt beat him end of. keep the faith 3 points today UTM!!!
Posted by: black belt, August 29, 2011, 1:24pm; Reply: 244
Rob Scott is an arrogant foul mouthed big head with an ego the size of texas,i am a fairly new fan having moved to the area about 18 months ago,Scott should realise the fans pay his wages and while i dont condone abusing your own players fans pay their money and are entitled to their opinion,they have done very little yet to convince me they are right for the job some of their signings have been poor and despite them signing 3 strikers we still look short up front i know a couple of Alfreton fans who tell me Hearn needs 10 chances to score 1 which you do not get the higher the levalalso Mr Scott is very lucky i was not the fan he told to if you dont like it dont fxxxxxg come,and believe me i was not far away or i would have knocked him out so bad he would not be awake yet so a warning for mr big head who i am sure looks at our posts think twice in future,had a player done what he did he would have been sacked or fined two weeks wages so come on mr Fenty lets hear what action you are going to take.
Posted by: Garth, August 29, 2011, 1:31pm; Reply: 245
Quoted from black belt
Rob Scott is an arrogant foul mouthed big head with an ego the size of texas,i am a fairly new fan having moved to the area about 18 months ago,Scott should realise the fans pay his wages and while i dont condone abusing your own players fans pay their money and are entitled to their opinion,they have done very little yet to convince me they are right for the job some of their signings have been poor and despite them signing 3 strikers we still look short up front i know a couple of Alfreton fans who tell me Hearn needs 10 chances to score 1 which you do not get the higher the levalalso Mr Scott is very lucky i was not the fan he told to if you dont like it dont fxxxxxg come,and believe me i was not far away or i would have knocked him out so bad he would not be awake yet so a warning for mr big head who i am sure looks at our posts think twice in future,had a player done what he did he would have been sacked or fined two weeks wages so come on mr Fenty lets hear what action you are going to take.

Oh dear! a keyboard warrior, I think he might just have seen you out and you would have skulked away---Talks cheap!
Posted by: RoboCod, August 29, 2011, 1:32pm; Reply: 246
Hmmm...you created a new user name to say all that ?
Posted by: cod.gtfc, August 29, 2011, 1:33pm; Reply: 247
The fans don't pay his wages, John Fenty and Mike Parker do. If you don't turn up hes not gonna stop getting paid.
Posted by: Super Clive, August 29, 2011, 1:42pm; Reply: 248
Quoted from black belt

I'm sure he is shitting his Farrrrrking pants reading this post.
Posted by: RoboCod, August 29, 2011, 1:48pm; Reply: 249
believe me i was not far away or i would have knocked him out

Not sure I follow. He'd have knocked him out if he'd been far away ? That was a truly angry, fist pounding, key bashing post though.
Posted by: BiloLCFC, August 29, 2011, 8:02pm; Reply: 250
The fans around him seemed to like what he was saying.  

In fairness the boo boys at any club don't help things and he's probably said what fans around him were thinking. I remember telling someone to get a grip when they moaned at us conceding against Scunthorpe a couple of seasons back, we'd gone in 4-0 up at the break. I heard people seriously suggesting Sven should go because he was excrement on Saturday, we'd just beaten a side with a 100% record. Moaners don't help no matter what the circumstances, especially when you're struggling and the team needs the supporters to get behind them.
Posted by: Civvy at last, August 29, 2011, 8:33pm; Reply: 251
Quoted from cod.gtfc
The fans don't pay his wages, John Fenty and Mike Parker do. If you don't turn up hes not gonna stop getting paid.

Right.  And if attendances drop to below 2000 on a regular basis I'm sure that John Fenty and Mike Parker will give him a much improved contract.
Of course the fans indirectly pay the wages of all involved in GTFC.  Why can't you see that ?
Posted by: cod.gtfc, August 29, 2011, 8:38pm; Reply: 252
Quoted from Civvy at last

Right.  And if attendances drop to below 2000 on a regular basis I'm sure that John Fenty and Mike Parker will give him a much improved contract.
Of course the fans indirectly pay the wages of all involved in GTFC.  Why can't you see that ?

Tell that to the many teams that are currently better than us that survive on attendences below 2000
Print page generated: May 15, 2024, 8:34pm