Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: LondonMariner43, March 24, 2013, 4:58pm
From row 44 - played better second half.  Defended too deep after Cook scored.
Posted by: JoeTheMariner, March 24, 2013, 5:10pm; Reply: 1
Not playing our best football, we need to up our game.
Posted by: acko338, March 24, 2013, 5:13pm; Reply: 2
Had to work so my view is the Welsh biased commentary on S4C..... but Wrexham to be fair are the players who are winning every half chance ball, our midfield is being mainly bossed by better passers.

Thomas seems to have lost all his early season pace and attacking flair.

When we try to pass the ball on the ground, we cause trouble, but it's long ball mostly.

McKeown is our MOM by a mile - kept us in the game several times.

Our pass accuracy is atrocious, not giving the forwards even half a chance of catching up with the ball.

Pluses - Frankie Artus and Andy Cook - two good performances !

We're now looking jaded and tired towards the end of this first extra time period.

Their players on the left wing are roasting us !

Fingers crossed but they look far better set out than us at present !
Posted by: JoeTheMariner, March 24, 2013, 5:15pm; Reply: 3
McKeowen has defiantly been the best, bad luck with the penalty, and has made great saves through out.
Posted by: AdamHaddock, March 24, 2013, 5:15pm; Reply: 4
Like the alamo at the minute

HT
Posted by: nightrider, March 24, 2013, 5:16pm; Reply: 5
15Mins to go....
Glad to see Marshall has gone off. What a waste of talent.
Brodie needs to sort himself out too Defended him when he came but he's becoming a joke. Needs a goal.
Colbecks done ok. Great saves by Macca. Cant watch. UTM
Posted by: Belfast Town, March 24, 2013, 5:18pm; Reply: 6
Shades of '98? Late winner for Town in extra time? A golden goal!!
Posted by: nightrider, March 24, 2013, 5:21pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from Belfast Town
Shades of '98? Late winner for Town in extra time? A golden goal!!

"LIKE"
Posted by: Manchester Mariner, March 24, 2013, 5:21pm; Reply: 8
Im not enjoying this much at all. We all knew it but Brodie really is a proper male private, he'll probably get the winner now.
Posted by: cmackenzie4, March 24, 2013, 5:29pm; Reply: 9
Impressed with Wrexham, We just can not keep hold of the ball,Mckeowen man of the match for me, We have defended well though.
Posted by: Running like emson, March 24, 2013, 5:31pm; Reply: 10
Get devitt on to take a pen
Posted by: JoeTheMariner, March 24, 2013, 5:31pm; Reply: 11
Another great save from macca.
Posted by: cmackenzie4, March 24, 2013, 5:32pm; Reply: 12
Mckeowen what a fuxking save that was!!!
Posted by: cmackenzie4, March 24, 2013, 5:32pm; Reply: 13
Mckeowen what a fuxking save that was!!!
Posted by: JoeTheMariner, March 24, 2013, 5:33pm; Reply: 14
So good that you posted it twice.
Posted by: JoeTheMariner, March 24, 2013, 5:33pm; Reply: 15
Posted by: nightrider, March 24, 2013, 5:34pm; Reply: 16
Fuckin fantastic save again by Macca
Come on Town
WERE GONNA WIN THIS!!!
Posted by: JoeTheMariner, March 24, 2013, 5:35pm; Reply: 17
Penalties... Will macca pull off some amazing saves and who will score our winning goal?
Posted by: cmackenzie4, March 24, 2013, 5:35pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from JoeTheMariner

That,s it joe haha, What a save though ay ?
Posted by: jock dock tower, March 24, 2013, 5:35pm; Reply: 19
Fcuking live picture's gone from S4C just as it's coming up to end of game!
Posted by: cmackenzie4, March 24, 2013, 5:37pm; Reply: 20
C,mon Town lets win this baby!!
Posted by: JoeTheMariner, March 24, 2013, 5:39pm; Reply: 21
Anyone spot Aaron?
Posted by: cmackenzie4, March 24, 2013, 5:40pm; Reply: 22
Hatton misses
Posted by: JoeTheMariner, March 24, 2013, 5:41pm; Reply: 23
Brodie........................ Misses.
Posted by: cmackenzie4, March 24, 2013, 5:41pm; Reply: 24
Brodie miss FFS
Posted by: JoeTheMariner, March 24, 2013, 5:42pm; Reply: 25
Colbeck scores.
Posted by: AdamHaddock, March 24, 2013, 5:43pm; Reply: 26
Gutted
Posted by: JoeTheMariner, March 24, 2013, 5:43pm; Reply: 27
flipping sheep shaggers.
Posted by: cmackenzie4, March 24, 2013, 5:43pm; Reply: 28
Bottom line is Wrexham deserve it, better footballing side all round.
Posted by: JoeTheMariner, March 24, 2013, 5:43pm; Reply: 29
Quoted from cmackenzie4

Whs.
Posted by: Belfast Town, March 24, 2013, 5:47pm; Reply: 30
Amazing that the only goals scored against us in the whole competition came from penalties!
Posted by: nightrider, March 24, 2013, 5:48pm; Reply: 31
Poor performance Town. Need a massive improvement to make the playoffs
Posted by: grimsbyjack, March 24, 2013, 5:49pm; Reply: 32
Quoted from cmackenzie4

Agree.

Macca my Town MOM(thumbup)
Posted by: cmackenzie4, March 24, 2013, 5:50pm; Reply: 33
Pearson had a good game but Mckeowen MOM for me, Just hope town can pick themselves up ready for the league now,Starting this week.

UTM
Posted by: cmackenzie4, March 24, 2013, 5:53pm; Reply: 34
Gutted, but well done to Wrexham, there is no doubting they are a good team.
Posted by: ginnywings, March 24, 2013, 5:56pm; Reply: 35
Typical p1ss poor Town performance.

Totally and utterly outplayed and outfootballed. We could have won that if we hadn't done what we always do and drop deeper and deeper. Bringing Brodie on was a massive mistake. He was pathetic.

Have to say that the Gogs deserved to win and i can't believe they made such hard work of it. Well done Mckeown for keeping us in it for 120 mins.

Our footballing technique is shockingly bad in everything we do, including poor penalties.
Posted by: carrot top, March 24, 2013, 5:59pm; Reply: 36
Hope the Managers have learnt from this today in that it is not enough to have just 2 in the middle of the park. As AB said at 451 we looked better. No wonder the players were tired its hard worked chasing the ball
Posted by: Wrexham FC COYR, March 24, 2013, 5:59pm; Reply: 37
Quoted from acko338
Had to work so my view is the Welsh biased commentary on S4C..... but Wrexham to be fair are the players who are winning every half chance ball, our midfield is being mainly bossed by better passers.

Thomas seems to have lost all his early season pace and attacking flair.

When we try to pass the ball on the ground, we cause trouble, but it's long ball mostly.

McKeown is our MOM by a mile - kept us in the game several times.

Our pass accuracy is atrocious, not giving the forwards even half a chance of catching up with the ball.

Pluses - Frankie Artus and Andy Cook - two good performances !

We're now looking jaded and tired towards the end of this first extra time period.

Their players on the left wing are roasting us !

Fingers crossed but they look far better set out than us at present !

Unlucky guys.. even tho u lost..   i hope your fans allenjoyed there day. and have a safe trip home. but  i think it would take a blind man or somebody seriously deluded to deny that the best team by far on the day won..  i think the way we  played we deserved to win.. and  you guys was lucky to take it to 90 mins let alone pens... your goal keeper had a stormer of a game and if not for him woulda been over long before.

gl for the rest of the season.. would be great to see you promoted with us  if we go up..

Posted by: cmackenzie4, March 24, 2013, 6:09pm; Reply: 38
Glad this match is over with if I'm honest, can hopefully cement our place in the playoffs now, but we have a lot of work to do because lets face it teams like Kidderminster and Wrexham are miles in front of us in terms of football ability.
Posted by: Badger57, March 24, 2013, 6:09pm; Reply: 39
If not for Macca it would have been a cricket score. He was awesome. Unfortunately that non performance was a microcosm of the macrocosm that has been our season. Lacking any real activity in midfield, resolute defence, playing too deep, giving the ball back to opponents cheaply and with monotonous regularity and then relying on the quick break. Our one and only method of play. A method that has been sussed with Shorty and Shouty having no plan B. No lack of effort but plenty of lack of skill and guile. Maybe next year but no way are we good enough to go up this year.  :o
Posted by: scrumble, March 24, 2013, 6:15pm; Reply: 40
Mickey mouse cup, no one will remember the winners etc. Grumble grumble.

Don't think we were even at the races today, biased commentary aside, if it wasn't for McKeown it could have been a humiliating scoreline. God we need Niven back.
Posted by: supertown, March 24, 2013, 6:17pm; Reply: 41
what was the attendance
Posted by: JoeTheMariner, March 24, 2013, 6:19pm; Reply: 42
Posted by: big bad bob, March 24, 2013, 6:20pm; Reply: 43
120 min and one shot on Target , says it all really.
Posted by: kamakazebear, March 24, 2013, 6:22pm; Reply: 44
Quoted from carrot top
Hope the Managers have learnt from this today in that it is not enough to have just 2 in the middle of the park. As AB said at 451 we looked better. No wonder the players were tired its hard worked chasing the ball

I wonder if they're almost afraid to play 4-5-1 as a main tactic, we've got a huge range of strikers and dropping all of them but one would surely cause some rifts in the changing room.
Posted by: ginnywings, March 24, 2013, 6:26pm; Reply: 45
Quoted from Wrexham FC COYR

Unlucky guys.. even tho u lost..   i hope your fans allenjoyed there day. and have a safe trip home. but  i think it would take a blind man or somebody seriously deluded to deny that the best team by far on the day won..  i think the way we  played we deserved to win.. and  you guys was lucky to take it to 90 mins let alone pens... your goal keeper had a stormer of a game and if not for him woulda been over long before.

gl for the rest of the season.. would be great to see you promoted with us  if we go up..

Thoroughly deserved win for Wrexham. Think today showed up the shortcomings in our side. Haven't had a dominant midfield for years and today showed it. Just cannot keep possession  of the ball and keep teams at arms length. Only got behind you once all day.

Posted by: Brough Mariner, March 24, 2013, 6:27pm; Reply: 46
A day in my life I'll never get back.

Utter shite of the highest order.
Posted by: Quagmire, March 24, 2013, 6:37pm; Reply: 47
Best team won.  Unfortunately we've been saying that far too often recently.
Posted by: acko338, March 24, 2013, 6:39pm; Reply: 48
I was hoping for a bit of out of the box thinking and putting Devitt into midfield to rest Disley late on ready for Tuesday, and give Devitt a chance to pop some shots in from range while fresh.

No pace apart from Marshall - is Thomas still suffering from his illness? Quite slow and off the pace today.

Our ground passing is pathetic - long balls and hoofed clearances just lined up Wrexham's next attacks most times.

Their full width passing on the floor kept us chasing shadows most of the game - if we had won, it would have been daylight robbery.

Second best today - move on !
Posted by: GrimRob, March 24, 2013, 9:01pm; Reply: 49
Why didn't Devitt come on? Surely he would have taken a pen?!
Posted by: 1600 (Guest), March 24, 2013, 9:06pm; Reply: 50
Good point I was thinking the same.

Poor choice of pen takers too IMO.
Said to my mate before the pens I wouldn't want Hatton and Brodie.
Suppose you can't be too hard though - anyone can miss a pen and Hatton hit the post.
Posted by: Bigboy, March 24, 2013, 9:09pm; Reply: 51
Quoted from carrot top

Agreed.  Today the shortcomings in Scott/Hurst tactics were clear to see - nobody in central midfield who can create/control/pass.  Constantly trying to work the ball down the wings with chips forward that usually went out of play or to an opponent. Thought Thanoj made a difference for awhile - he hasn't been given enough chances this season.  Niven is clearly missed - he may have broken up a lot of Wrexham's passing play.  But that's not enough by itself - we lack quality in central midfield.  We are set up to stop other teams playing - and score on the break - but we never pass other teams off the park.
For the rest of the season James Harper on loan would be great.
Posted by: GrimRob, March 24, 2013, 9:09pm; Reply: 52
I was expecting Devitt to come on all extra time I double checked when I got home to see if we had used 3 subs but we definitely only used 2. No idea why we didn't bring him on as he's a regular penalty taker.
Posted by: chaos33, March 24, 2013, 9:12pm; Reply: 53
Hatton and Brodie have both been penalty takers at their previous clubs to be fair, and, have good records. They will have wanted to take those penalties. I agree though - two of our poorer players today and didn't really feel too hopeful when they both walked up to the spot. Kind of sums up where we're at I guess - good players giving poor accounts of themselves. Struggling to see what positive things the signings of Brodie has done for us, and where this tried and tested, proven Conference goalscorer has disappeared to. This is not making him a scapegoat - he is by no means on his own in provoking this reaction of bemused and angry frustration.
Posted by: Codzilla, March 24, 2013, 9:12pm; Reply: 54
Quoted from GrimRob
I was expecting Devitt to come on all extra time I double checked when I got home to see if we had used 3 subs but we definitely only used 2. No idea why we didn't bring him on as he's a regular penalty taker.

Was thinking that too. The game was crying out for him even before then. Colbeck offers more defensively but Devitt stretches the defence. I could never see us sitting back and holding on at 1-0
Posted by: GrimRob, March 24, 2013, 9:43pm; Reply: 55
Quoted from Codzilla

Was thinking that too. The game was crying out for him even before then. Colbeck offers more defensively but Devitt stretches the defence. I could never see us sitting back and holding on at 1-0

There were about 18 players who had a realistic chance of saying they played in the game and getting a medal. Obviously some would have to miss out but I'm astounded that we didn't use all 14 slots. Even making a substitution with a few seconds to go would have made someone on that bench a lot happier person that he is now.
Posted by: Tommy, March 25, 2013, 12:34am; Reply: 56
Quoted from 1600
Good point I was thinking the same.

Poor choice of pen takers too IMO.
Said to my mate before the pens I wouldn't want Hatton and Brodie.
Suppose you can't be too hard though - anyone can miss a pen and Hatton hit the post.

Nah, they're a piece of urine.  :P
Posted by: 1600 (Guest), March 25, 2013, 12:36am; Reply: 57
How did you get on today Tommy ?  :)
Posted by: Tommy, March 25, 2013, 12:48am; Reply: 58
Scored mate.

We won the half time penalty shoot-out with 3 goals from 3 penalties, and our 'keeper saved one of theirs (they also missed one; 3-1). Shame the pro's couldn't follow suit
Posted by: 1600 (Guest), March 25, 2013, 12:53am; Reply: 59
Well done !
Yeah it's a shame you and the others weren't taking them yourself.  :o

Out of interest where did you place it ?
Posted by: Tommy, March 25, 2013, 12:56am; Reply: 60
Cheers 80's.

Bottom left (keeper's right).
Posted by: 1600 (Guest), March 25, 2013, 12:58am; Reply: 61
Ha ha thought so !
Always the best place. :)
Print page generated: May 3, 2024, 3:03pm