Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: bobbyturtle, May 1, 2014, 7:37pm
Fuckin come on Town!
Posted by: grimsbyjack, May 1, 2014, 7:41pm; Reply: 1
"Grimsby expects every player to do his duty"

Cummonnnn Townnn !!!!
Posted by: Cumbrian Mariner, May 1, 2014, 7:44pm; Reply: 2
Come on Town, be brave and show heart and the fans will carry you all the way!

Maaaariners, Maaaariners,  Maaariners

UTM
Posted by: Teestogreen, May 1, 2014, 7:44pm; Reply: 3
BT Football experts predicting a Gateshead win on the back of the teams achievements in the second half of the season  and Gary Mills record.

Game on!
Posted by: Teestogreen, May 1, 2014, 7:47pm; Reply: 4
Town fans sound great - come on Town
Posted by: Belfast Town, May 1, 2014, 7:47pm; Reply: 5
I'm bricking it!
Posted by: Teestogreen, May 1, 2014, 7:52pm; Reply: 6
Pearson yellow card
Posted by: grimsbyjack, May 1, 2014, 7:52pm; Reply: 7
Pearson booked already.
Posted by: grimsbyjack, May 1, 2014, 7:55pm; Reply: 8
FFS
1-0 DOWN ALREADY
Posted by: Teestogreen, May 1, 2014, 7:55pm; Reply: 9
Gateshead 1-0
Posted by: Spiritater, May 1, 2014, 8:11pm; Reply: 10
Mariners will win it. Just gerin to um

Told you  :P :)
Posted by: grimsbyjack, May 1, 2014, 8:12pm; Reply: 11
Disleyyyyyyyy
1-1
Cummon you Mariners !!!
Posted by: Teestogreen, May 1, 2014, 8:12pm; Reply: 12
Craig Disley 1-1        out of nowhere - Yesssss!
Posted by: chicaneuk, May 1, 2014, 8:13pm; Reply: 13
DISLEY!! WHAT A PEACH!!
Posted by: Spiritater, May 1, 2014, 8:14pm; Reply: 14
How weird, both goalscorers are ex Mansfield players
Posted by: Teestogreen, May 1, 2014, 8:14pm; Reply: 15
Almost another one for Disley ohhh!
Posted by: Teestogreen, May 1, 2014, 8:18pm; Reply: 16
Scott Kerr just followed through with his elbow
Posted by: mike_d, May 1, 2014, 8:24pm; Reply: 17
Hannah arguing with Thomas..
Posted by: grimsbyjack, May 1, 2014, 8:25pm; Reply: 18
Whats going on???
Hannah and Aswad having an arguement over who takes the free-kick.
Cut it out lads !!
Posted by: Teestogreen, May 1, 2014, 8:25pm; Reply: 19
Bt now confirmed Pearson has a 3 match ban after this game.

LJL just missed badly from a good position.

Grimsby players arguing about who should take a  free kick  - Hannah misses
Posted by: mike_d, May 1, 2014, 8:36pm; Reply: 20
great save by heed kee[per
Posted by: Teestogreen, May 1, 2014, 8:37pm; Reply: 21
What a fantastic move ending with Rodman having his header finger tipped over the bar right on half time.
Posted by: Bruce Springsteen, May 1, 2014, 8:39pm; Reply: 22
good response, and Town for the most part on top

not a pen for me

goals in this for us

must keep up the momentum
Posted by: Spiritater, May 1, 2014, 8:41pm; Reply: 23
Quality football, decent game. Both so much better than the teams involved yesterday.
Posted by: Caesar, May 1, 2014, 8:42pm; Reply: 24
PLeased to see BP looking pretty full, hope we can get it really rocking in the second half as we looked to be the better team after a very poor start, great save from their keeps at 1-1, just hope we can keep this performance up and have something to take to the 2nd leg! UTM
Posted by: Cumbrian Mariner, May 1, 2014, 8:43pm; Reply: 25
Played well in the first half after one bit of sloppy marking.  Need to keep getting the ball wide to Rodman and Neilson, The Shop n Hannah are doing well.  Gutted that Pearson is now facing a 3 match ban according toBT Sport!

Keep playing our game and let them bother with stopping us rather than vice versa.

Keep going and this game is here for the taking.

UTM
Posted by: Teestogreen, May 1, 2014, 9:01pm; Reply: 26
Stalemate at the moment - Town just trying to step it up - ljl flick -corner - goal kick
Posted by: Teestogreen, May 1, 2014, 9:05pm; Reply: 27
Brilliant tackle from Oster prevents Town having a great goal scoring opportunity
Posted by: Teestogreen, May 1, 2014, 9:06pm; Reply: 28
LJL - header over the bar
Posted by: Teestogreen, May 1, 2014, 9:08pm; Reply: 29
Town in control and pressing for a goal
Posted by: Teestogreen, May 1, 2014, 9:15pm; Reply: 30
Sam Hatton yellow card - no doubt
Posted by: Teestogreen, May 1, 2014, 9:17pm; Reply: 31
Great counter attack by Neilson and Thomas resulting in shot wide of the post by Thomas
Posted by: Teestogreen, May 1, 2014, 9:18pm; Reply: 32
Brilliant play by Rodman - corner
Posted by: Teestogreen, May 1, 2014, 9:24pm; Reply: 33
Yellow card for Walker of Gateshead
Posted by: Spiritater, May 1, 2014, 9:31pm; Reply: 34
Last minute winner for t'Mariners, I can feel it in my water.
Posted by: Teestogreen, May 1, 2014, 9:32pm; Reply: 35
Grimsby are pressing still - but Gateshead are defending really well - no substitutions by either side
Posted by: Teestogreen, May 1, 2014, 9:34pm; Reply: 36
Come on Andy - 7 minutes plus injury time - luxury
Posted by: mike_d, May 1, 2014, 9:42pm; Reply: 37
Nothing to fear Sunday
Posted by: chicaneuk, May 1, 2014, 9:42pm; Reply: 38
Can't fault town tonight. They've played their socks off and really deserved to be ahead by the final whistle. Hope we can keep that momentum and form up for the Gateshead game though the loss of Pearson is a major blow.
Posted by: Teestogreen, May 1, 2014, 9:42pm; Reply: 39
Grimsby Town 1-1 Gateshead - Gateshead goalkeeper man of the match
Posted by: jonnyboy82, May 1, 2014, 9:44pm; Reply: 40
Gutted not to have won.

Well played town and lets go finish the job on sunday.
Posted by: Bruce Springsteen, May 1, 2014, 9:46pm; Reply: 41
Well a better position than this time last year......but think we missed the opportunity tonight to really have settled it

Lacked the killer instinct, not optimistic for Sunday, just think that they will win
Posted by: RoboCod, May 1, 2014, 9:48pm; Reply: 42
Thought our defence were sluggish tonight, one thing Town need to get better at is keeping possession. Hard to do when the ball invariably finds its way back to the back four and they amble around, seemingly unable to pass the ball and push out. Add to that stupid clumsy passes, like Pearson to Hatton for the booking, and McKeown messing up kicks and coming off his line when he has lots of cover...maybe this will improve with the return of Big Mac.
Also would have liked to have seen Tonka involved, could have sorted that ginger defender out who got away with all sorts thanks to a soft ref.

An attack minded team will do the business at their place though.
Posted by: Rick12, May 1, 2014, 9:50pm; Reply: 43
Pleased with that performance despite us not getting the win.Thought for the first 10-15 they probably shaded it but as the game wore on we looked the better side.Still think our danger men are Rodman and Neilson although thought John Lewis up front held it up well and Disleys goal was quality.If we can keep the same energy for the next game Iam optimistic.
Posted by: Teestogreen, May 1, 2014, 9:50pm; Reply: 44
Never say never Bruce - you was born to run - get yourself in that south stand on Sunday- it could be a Gary Barlow-Greatest Day
Posted by: acko338, May 1, 2014, 9:51pm; Reply: 45
Need 1000% effort from the first whistle on Sunday, they don't like being pressured!

Also cut Oster out - most of their set ups come from him deep.

Winnable with the same effort and graft, maybe need a lucky break in front of goal - L JL tremendous tonight !

Their goalie easily worth man of the match - kept them in it!

Curtis - sneaky and dirty on the blind side.
Posted by: Caesar, May 1, 2014, 9:54pm; Reply: 46
Thought we played superbly tonight and are a little unfortunate not to be 2 goals in front.  If we can keep up that level of performance for Sunday we will have every chance, cannot wait for the game now.  Well done to all the team, so many fans for being there and credit to PH.  UTM
Posted by: MyDogsThoughts, May 1, 2014, 9:58pm; Reply: 47
Thought we were the better side (on BT Sport anyway): very bias reporting and analysis towards Gateshead in my opinion. We'll beat them at their place.
Posted by: Rick12, May 1, 2014, 10:01pm; Reply: 48
Quoted from MyDogsThoughts
Thought we were the better side (on BT Sport anyway): very bias reporting and analysis towards Gateshead in my opinion. We'll beat them at their place.
like the optimism  :)

Posted by: Cumbrian Mariner, May 1, 2014, 10:03pm; Reply: 49
Good performance by Town tonight, deserved to win without doubt!

Same attacking line up and mentality on Sunday and we will be OK.

Thought we shuffled them from playing by pressing.  They sat back and were scared of our pace.

Bring on Sunday,got my ticket through today!

UTM
Posted by: Teestogreen, May 1, 2014, 10:06pm; Reply: 50

I thought that as well in terms of bias reporting and analysis. Apart from when they scored, Gateshead didn't threaten, and I think because Gary Mills has featured in their TV team earlier in the season (was it Hyde v Grimsby), they favoured him because they knew him.

Posted by: Badger57, May 1, 2014, 10:07pm; Reply: 51
Managed to get back from hospital to see most of second half. We played well and better side but never really looked like scoring. Job done from Mill's point of view I would have thought.
Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, May 1, 2014, 10:14pm; Reply: 52
Their Keeper kept them in it we should of won that 3 or 4-1, when we pressured them all of the park we hammered them, shame we were so slowing coming out the blocks and let in a poor goal not to take away from the finish which was great, our goal was a bit of a fluke, shocking pass from Kerr which Disley used voodoo magic on to get in the back of the net.

Got to admit I was proud of every performance tonight except Kerr, he was no where near play alot of the time again and his passing was poor as well again I don't see how he keeps Thanoj out of the starting line up. Shame about Pearson getting his yellow but I knew from the start it was going to happen.
Posted by: ackomariner, May 1, 2014, 10:21pm; Reply: 53
Their Keeper kept them in it we should of won that 3 or 4-1, when we pressured them all of the park we hammered them, shame we were so slowing coming out the blocks and let in a poor goal not to take away from the finish which was great, our goal was a bit of a fluke, shocking pass from Kerr which Disley used voodoo magic on to get in the back of the net.

Got to admit I was proud of every performance tonight except Kerr, he was no where near play alot of the time again and his passing was poor as well again I don't see how he keeps Thanoj out of the starting line up. Shame about Pearson getting his yellow but I knew from the start it was going to happen.

Scott Kerr played well tonight for me, my mom
Posted by: chicaneuk, May 1, 2014, 10:26pm; Reply: 54

I felt that too - I thought I was listening to Gateshead commentary frankly. All about how they're working hard, the underdogs, desperate to get into league football, blah blah.. ridiculously one sided it seemed.
Posted by: jaymariner, May 1, 2014, 10:33pm; Reply: 55
Quoted from ackomariner

Scott Kerr played well tonight for me, my mom

I disagree, he disappeared for most of the game and most play went around him rather than through him
Posted by: ginnywings, May 1, 2014, 10:37pm; Reply: 56
I also thought Kerr was MOM.
Posted by: barralad, May 1, 2014, 10:38pm; Reply: 57

Are you sure you were watching the same match?
Posted by: Bruce Springsteen, May 1, 2014, 10:46pm; Reply: 58
kerr wasnt brilliant

best player was The Shop
Posted by: Grimal, May 1, 2014, 11:01pm; Reply: 59

I agree with this and yes the reporting and analysis on BT sport was very biased towards geatsead.

Posted by: ginnywings, May 1, 2014, 11:07pm; Reply: 60
Quoted from Grimal

I agree with this and yes the reporting and analysis on BT sport was very biased towards geatsead.

TV loves an underdog.
Posted by: WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP, May 1, 2014, 11:10pm; Reply: 61

Thats been the case all season, unless we play luton, wrexham or cambridge, its always the big mean proper club against the plucky honest small none league club that they love and give you a pre match documentary about
Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, May 1, 2014, 11:14pm; Reply: 62
Quoted from barralad

Are you sure you were watching the same match?

Kerr was never near any defensive play being bypassed time and time and time and time and time again his passing was poor again, at least tonight he wasn't caught dilly dallying on the ball like he normally does
Posted by: ginnywings, May 1, 2014, 11:17pm; Reply: 63

Kerr was never near any defensive play being bypassed time and time and time and time and time again his passing was poor again, at least tonight he wasn't caught dilly dallying on the ball like he normally does

It's all about opinions but i thought he was superb. Won the ball back countless times and everyone gives the ball away at this level. Sounds to me like you don't rate him because he is not Thanoj.
Posted by: barralad, May 1, 2014, 11:33pm; Reply: 64
Quoted from ginnywings

It's all about opinions but i thought he was superb. Won the ball back countless times and everyone gives the ball away at this level. Sounds to me like you don't rate him because he is not Thanoj.

Having witnessed Thanoj's somewhat uninspiring performance at Braintree-I know who I'd prefer to play in the biggest game of the season...
Posted by: queenybantam07, May 2, 2014, 1:11am; Reply: 65
Our goalkeeping coach was (instead) there to watch McKeown tonight.  
Posted by: nickmariners, May 2, 2014, 1:20am; Reply: 66

Sorry - completely disagree. His was a particularly good performance tonight. Contender for MoM
Posted by: Abdul19, May 2, 2014, 1:40am; Reply: 67
Quoted from queenybantam07

Waste of time really, he had nothing to do!
Posted by: RoboCod, May 2, 2014, 7:24am; Reply: 68
Quoted from queenybantam07

Probably took home a notebook on their keeper in the end.
Print page generated: May 4, 2024, 11:21am