Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Simariner, February 24, 2015, 10:24pm
Ok so after the Inflatable craze at Barnet and the brilliant atmosphere that helped GTFC claim 3 points, how about do something similar to a couple of away fixtures??

Been consulting a few fellow Mariners tonight and it seems that a Wig idea is being planed for Woking.

I unfortunately won't be there or at Chester but what about the following....
Due to the biggest away followings being protentially being at Alfreton and Southport I (We) suggest this......?

Alfreton - Easy this one.... Grab your Hi-Viz's and dress as a steward.
Cheap and cheerful from EBay/Amazon and obviously it has been the Stewards making the headlines (as well as our fans) be a good sight seeing 600+ fans dressed up in bright yellow and orange Hi-Vizs

Southport - bit of fun and surly hit the headlines if 500+ Santas were in the away end in the middle of Summmer? Grab a Santa hat, cloak ect...
Prices again wouldn't be too much as out of season (obviously)

Anyhow what are people thoughts on these two (and Wigs at Woking)

Wigs at Woking
Stewards at Alfreton
Santas at Southport

;)

Thoughts? UTM
Posted by: Simariner, February 24, 2015, 10:25pm; Reply: 1
Late at night and on my phone so sorry for the lazy grammar... UTM
Posted by: BIGChris, February 24, 2015, 10:26pm; Reply: 2
Go for it.

All sound good , and affordable
Posted by: Derby_Mariner9, February 24, 2015, 10:29pm; Reply: 3
i have said this on another thread, don't know how feasible it is though?

'At Barnet i saw someone with a blow up doll with a Shaun Pearson mask on... How easy is it to get these done? 400+ Carl Magnay's in an away end, would be quite funny.'
Posted by: 1739 (Guest), February 24, 2015, 10:49pm; Reply: 4
Don't want to sound a killjoy but I don't think we should make this on a  regular  basis as we will run out of ideas and when it does happen it wont be as special. Although I am really on board with the idea of high vis at Alfreton is a brilliant one and I hope everyone gets on board.
Posted by: 1739 (Guest), February 24, 2015, 10:50pm; Reply: 5
Spread the word on social media and  lets make the fun into the  away ends of the conference, utm
Posted by: barralad, February 24, 2015, 10:51pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from BIGChris
Go for it.

All sound good , and affordable

I'd pay to see you in a Santa suit.... ;D
Posted by: Fcukthescunts, February 24, 2015, 10:52pm; Reply: 7
Sold Simariner.

Chester as fancy dress animals as previously suggested I think by Les. If results go our way and a good few North West mariners we could get well 600-800 to this one.
Posted by: Fcukthescunts, February 24, 2015, 10:53pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from barralad

I'd pay to see you in a Santa suit.... ;D

Once in I doubt he would get out.....
Posted by: The_Laughing_Mariner, February 24, 2015, 11:23pm; Reply: 9
I liked the suited and booted idea at Alfy
Posted by: mimma, February 24, 2015, 11:32pm; Reply: 10
Have you seen the Hartlepool fans on the tube to Charlton?

Hundreds of them all dressed as smurfs!!

Check it out, it's hilarious.
Posted by: immariner, February 25, 2015, 12:22am; Reply: 11
Because I'm so skint, if I do go to Alfreton I don't think I'd be likely to buy a hi-vis jacket but I already have a suit...

I think the inflatables at Barnet put our point across about overzealous stewarding in a really humourous way that a lot of people were able to appreciate. I think that particular protest has been done now though. Also, without wanting to be a killjoy, I think everyone wearing hi-vis would lead to calls of potentially endangering crowd safety as people would be less able to tell who the actual stewards were, those people who are there to supposedly look after our safety. I think there would be some who wouldn't find it amusing and it could backfire. Visibly it would look surreal but practically I don't think it's a good idea. Just a couple of thoughts.
Posted by: Fcukthescunts, February 25, 2015, 8:00am; Reply: 12
Immariner I understand your point regarding stewarding but are any club at this level going to turn away 300-500 people in Hi-viz?
Posted by: Trawler, February 25, 2015, 8:03am; Reply: 13
High vis vests can easily be folded up and put in coat pocket. Don them once in ground.
Posted by: cmackenzie4, February 25, 2015, 8:27am; Reply: 14
I liked the suited and booted idea at Alfy

I can see the dry cleaners rubbing their hands right now. ;D
Posted by: grimps, February 25, 2015, 10:10am; Reply: 15
Quoted from immariner
Because I'm so skint, if I do go to Alfreton I don't think I'd be likely to buy a hi-vis jacket but I already have a suit...

I think the inflatables at Barnet put our point across about overzealous stewarding in a really humourous way that a lot of people were able to appreciate. I think that particular protest has been done now though. Also, without wanting to be a killjoy, I think everyone wearing hi-vis would lead to calls of potentially endangering crowd safety as people would be less able to tell who the actual stewards were, those people who are there to supposedly look after our safety. I think there would be some who wouldn't find it amusing and it could backfire. Visibly it would look surreal but practically I don't think it's a good idea. Just a couple of thoughts.

Stewards is the best idea of the lot in my opinion.
It'll actually show them up for the worthless wastes of spaces that they are
Posted by: GiveUsAG, February 25, 2015, 11:15am; Reply: 16
"Wellies at Welling"? Just had a fan (Dan Baker) on the GTFC's black and white army come up with this one.  8)
Posted by: Mariner Timsky, February 25, 2015, 11:35am; Reply: 17
Hi-Vis cost next to nothing to buy and you can just fold them up and put them in your pocket and we can all do that and put them on once through the turnstiles at Alfreton.

They are a £1 each at my work.
Posted by: Mariner Timsky, February 25, 2015, 11:39am; Reply: 18
Will look pretty amazing on the highlights and the pics in the paper of over 1000 of us in the sunshine in Yellow Hi-Vis!!!!
Posted by: jaymariner, February 25, 2015, 11:44am; Reply: 19
Quoted from Mariner Timsky
Will look pretty amazing on the highlights and the pics in the paper of over 1000 of us in the sunshine in Yellow Hi-Vis!!!!

Hi-viz is a great idea! You can even get personalised ones with the GTFC badge printed on the back at an extra cost.

Get the club to commission a one off hi-viz away kit to play in on the day  ;D
Posted by: Abdul19, February 25, 2015, 12:00pm; Reply: 20
I can remember about 30 Accrington fans putting hi-viz things on and wandering round the terrace singing 'all stewards are gay' when they played Barnet in that 2010 match.
Posted by: ivanosandwich, February 25, 2015, 12:30pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from immariner

Easy, the real stewards are the ones with somebody in a headlock.
Posted by: livosnose, February 25, 2015, 3:49pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from GiveUsAG
"Wellies at Welling"? Just had a fan (Dan Baker) on the GTFC's black and white army come up with this one.  8)

Him and Trawler were right "wonkers at welling " last season if I remember rightly.   ;)

Posted by: Mariner Timsky, February 25, 2015, 6:03pm; Reply: 23
Surely Alfreton away has to be Hi-Vis AND inflatables again! Let's face it the YouTube clip THE BARNET INFLATABLE INVASION looks amazing, imagine this but us all in Hi-Vis!?!? Or everyone in Black n White would look even better.  Vote maybe?? Or just a decision. Si??
Posted by: LongEatonMariner, February 26, 2015, 12:54pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from GiveUsAG

Whilst a nice bit of alliteration, I doubt it would have much visual impact?
Posted by: bradzmilne, February 26, 2015, 1:03pm; Reply: 25
Whatever we do from now until the end of the season should be finished off at Southport or the Play Offs away legs...
Inflatables, Hi-Vis, Santa outfits, wigs get the bloody lot out....
Posted by: Mariner Timsky, February 26, 2015, 1:16pm; Reply: 26
And IF we dont win the league and make the PO Final the rule has to be Black n White only!!!!!
Posted by: grimsby pete, February 26, 2015, 1:32pm; Reply: 27
The last away game of the season should be warm,

SO

Swimming trunks for the men and a Bikini for the lasses,

Plus flip flops. ;D
Posted by: gary_elton, February 27, 2015, 8:03am; Reply: 28
you putting your mankini on Pete ???
Posted by: lukeo, February 27, 2015, 8:14am; Reply: 29
Quoted from 1739
Don't want to sound a killjoy but I don't think we should make this on a  regular  basis as we will run out of ideas and when it does happen it wont be as special. Although I am really on board with the idea of high vis at Alfreton is a brilliant one and I hope everyone gets on board.

We've not got many away games left this season so why not do it? Gives everyone a positive attitude heading to the game
Posted by: lukeo, February 27, 2015, 8:16am; Reply: 30
Quoted from Abdul19
I can remember about 30 Accrington fans putting hi-viz things on and wandering round the terrace singing 'all stewards are gay' when they played Barnet in that 2010 match.

THIS! I was there, it was amazing to see and a real buzz in the stand
Posted by: grimsby pete, February 27, 2015, 10:32am; Reply: 31
Quoted from gary_elton
you putting your mankini on Pete ???

You would not want to see me if I was not fully clothed. :B
Posted by: MeanwoodMariner, February 27, 2015, 11:34am; Reply: 32
All great ideas in my opinion. Definitely try to get an agreement and get this sorted.

Weirdly, I think the wearing suits idea could work really well. Over the years I have seen plenty of fans dress up in silly costumes and it's great, it's all good fun. But I have never seen an entire away support dressed incredibly smartly in their suits or their best dresses. A little kid wearing a page boy suit, sitting on his dad's shoulders who is wearing his best office/court suit in the away end terrace at Southport or Alfreton would be a wonderfully surreal image!
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, February 27, 2015, 1:43pm; Reply: 33
works at cricket love seeing the costumes forget the Elvises though that as been done to death.
Posted by: Les Brechin, February 27, 2015, 4:23pm; Reply: 34
Wig, false beard and moustache ordered for Woking!
Posted by: wycombemariner, February 27, 2015, 10:00pm; Reply: 35
Quoted from Derby_Mariner9

'How easy is it to get these done? 400+ Carl Magnay's in an away end, would be quite funny.'

This - Magnay masks*

Edit  *shame we've already played Macc, #MaccMagnayMasks
Posted by: Vance Warner, February 28, 2015, 9:13am; Reply: 36
Loads of cracking ideas on here but the reason the inflatables worked is because it simple, cheap and effective. Whatever else is planned for the rest of the season we should keep the inflatable craze going.
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, February 28, 2015, 10:14am; Reply: 37
IF we get in the play offs at Forest Green Rovers it's got to be high viz plus inflatables for maximum effect. ;D ;D ;D
Print page generated: May 1, 2024, 7:54pm