Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: pizzzza, March 25, 2015, 12:39pm
After 1pm apparantly....

[url]http://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/Grimsby-Town-make-announcement-new-stadium-plans/story-26228900-detail/story.html[/url]
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, March 25, 2015, 12:43pm; Reply: 1
Quoted from pizzzza
After 1pm apparantly....

[url]http://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/Grimsby-Town-make-announcement-new-stadium-plans/story-26228900-detail/story.html[/url]

i looked at about 10 this morning and that was there but when clicked on, it had been removed for some reason !
Posted by: Peeler_Crab, March 25, 2015, 12:56pm; Reply: 2
Fingers crossed its good news.. Surely the club wouldn't announce negative news at this delicate stage of the season.... ??)
Posted by: forza ivano, March 25, 2015, 1:50pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from Peeler_Crab
Fingers crossed its good news.. Surely the club wouldn't announce negative news at this delicate stage of the season.... ??)

peeler, peeler, peeler - you should know by now that if there is any way of fookin something up, gtfc and fenty will find a way ;D ;D
Posted by: Trawler, March 25, 2015, 2:07pm; Reply: 4
Grimsby Town launch bid to attract investment to plug 'funding gap' in new stadium project

Grimsby Town have launched their bid to find new investment to help make their new stadium dream a reality.

A press conference at Blundell Park this afternoon saw director Stephen Marley outline plans to attract backers to get behind the plans for a community stadium off Peaks Parkway.

He told the media that he was heading up a working group to attract investment and will report back in three months.

He said there was a "funding gap" within the £22 million plans and added that the club was paying "due diligence" as a PLC to look for investment.

He said the gap could not be quantified, adding that it was an "ever moving target".

He insisted that the club had not "missed the boat" with regard to attracting a retailer as an enabling development but said housing could also fill that role.

A club statement said: "Expressions of interest are invited with all options considered, which could lead to a shift in overall control, on terms that may suit such an investor."

The club recently held consultation events with the public over proposals for the community stadium off Peaks Parkway.

See Thursday's Grimsby Telegraph for the full story and reaction.

Read more: http://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/Grimsby-Town-make-announcement-new-stadium-plans/story-26228900-detail/story.html#ixzz3VPG3iaec
Posted by: ginnywings, March 25, 2015, 2:16pm; Reply: 5
Town looking for investors isn't really news is it.
Posted by: ackomariner, March 25, 2015, 2:28pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from ginnywings

No not really is it
Posted by: gtfc98, March 25, 2015, 4:18pm; Reply: 7
Was hoping the press conference was going to be something a bit more interesting, i.e. that we have a developer on board but maybe that was being overly optimistic!
Posted by: forza ivano, March 25, 2015, 4:29pm; Reply: 8
did he say what the funding gap was ? i'm guessing about £ 21.5 million ;D
Posted by: MarinerWY, March 25, 2015, 4:40pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from ginnywings

Unfortunately not. I would have been surprised and a bit perturbed had they not been looking for investors.
Posted by: moosey_club, March 25, 2015, 4:54pm; Reply: 10
More ammunition for the opposition if you ask me,

Dear Council....GTFC want to build this great big new stadium, which the community can use, but it can only be on council land if you can give it to us cheap and to pay for it we need you to also say yes to a big housing development on the green fields next to it, in an area that our major shareholder is opposing all other housing developments...oh and by the way we need other investment as well outside of the above to make it happen, but we are doing a due diligence on that now.. so can you please forget about the previous planning permission we were given to develop Great Coates, but which we let pass without any development, and now please say yes to this one instead ??!!??

Forgive me for being sceptical about ever getting a new stadium.
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, March 25, 2015, 5:42pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from forza ivano

I think you underestimated it a bit there. ;)

Posted by: Mrs Doyle, March 25, 2015, 6:12pm; Reply: 12
Still looking for investors FFS.

Why not get in touch with the Chinese group interested in buying the high rise flats tell them they can have the old BP to build some new apartments,
Posted by: headingly_mariner, March 25, 2015, 6:14pm; Reply: 13
Just more evidence to suggest it will never happen
Posted by: KingstonMariner, March 25, 2015, 7:15pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from forza ivano

You're not allowed to raise questions like that Ivano. You should just trust that the great and the good have it all mapped out.

That's more or less what I was told on here.
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, March 25, 2015, 7:34pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from ginnywings

It is a bit odd I agree. With the season coming to the boil, it is something that could have waited surely?

Most of us think there is only one thing on the agenda at the moment - promotion back to the Football League.
Posted by: bobbyturtle, March 25, 2015, 10:53pm; Reply: 16

It is a bit odd I agree. With the season coming to the boil, it is something that could have waited surely?

Most of us think there is only one thing on the agenda at the moment - promotion back to the Football League.

surely its the best time to ask for investment, when the team are doing well. utm
Posted by: RexFannies, March 25, 2015, 11:23pm; Reply: 17
So there is a shortfall and the club is asking for investment...they just aren't sure what the shortfall is at the moment......where do i sign?

Do these people have any experience in business to business dealings because that is not a good way to ask for investment or instill confidence.

UTM
Posted by: GrimRob, March 26, 2015, 7:46am; Reply: 18
Carl Magnay must be worth £20m  ;)
Posted by: LongEatonMariner, March 26, 2015, 8:05am; Reply: 19
Quoted from bobbyturtle

surely its the best time to ask for investment, when the team are doing well. utm

Spot on Bobby.
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, March 26, 2015, 10:36am; Reply: 20
Quoted from bobbyturtle

But so much better to ask for investment as a Football League club.
Posted by: grimsby pete, March 26, 2015, 10:45am; Reply: 21
Quoted from GrimRob
Carl Magnay must be worth £20m  ;)

Yes indeed,

BUT

We could never sell him. 8)
Posted by: grimsby pete, March 26, 2015, 10:47am; Reply: 22

I think you underestimated it a bit there. ;)

It's a bit like the national debt,

It goes up a £1 a second.
Posted by: grimsby pete, March 26, 2015, 10:52am; Reply: 23
Quoted from Mrs Doyle
Still looking for investors FFS.

Why not get in touch with the Chinese group interested in buying the high rise flats tell them they can have the old BP to build some new apartments,

Plus they could build the new stadium for us,

They could have naming rights and have Chinese take aways scattered around the stadium,

The Golden Dragon Stadium home of the mighty mariners. 8)
Posted by: fleabag1970, March 26, 2015, 11:58am; Reply: 24
20+ Million to be given over by someone who is prepared not to think too much about it ........................ Heart over Head ??? Its 20 Million not 20p FFS
Posted by: gaz57, March 26, 2015, 11:59am; Reply: 25
Quoted from grimsby pete

Plus they could build the new stadium for us,

They could have naming rights and have Chinese take aways scattered around the stadium,

The Golden Dragon Stadium home of the mighty mariners. 8)

I sure this will Drag on for a long time to come.
Posted by: jimgtfc, March 26, 2015, 12:29pm; Reply: 26
Love how negative some people are. Do you think the club has £20 million in the bank? Do you expect them to sit back and wait for the money to arrive at our doorstep? Good on the club for getting the ball rolling.
Posted by: ackomariner, March 26, 2015, 2:34pm; Reply: 27
Is it 20years nearly since a new stadium was mentioned.....and still nothing on the horizon

Not negativity just unbelievable
Posted by: Quagmire, March 26, 2015, 4:18pm; Reply: 28
Terrific (IMO) article on Cod Almighty today re the new stadium proposal:

http://codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=5349
Posted by: moosey_club, March 26, 2015, 4:47pm; Reply: 29
Quoted from jimgtfc
Love how negative some people are. Do you think the club has £20 million in the bank? Do you expect them to sit back and wait for the money to arrive at our doorstep? Good on the club for getting the ball rolling.

Not particularly negativity is it? Just pointing out some facts.

The club have been having a big push lately on lets make the stadium happen, we need your support, please sign this petition, please sign that petition, come to the consultation, even going public in the media with hopeful timescales etc....all that raises hopes amongst some supporters and people who have signed up in support that irons are in the fire and warming up nicely......and now they produce a statement saying they have a funding gap and are doing a due diligence on investment required....seems a little back to front to me.
Posted by: rancido, March 26, 2015, 4:59pm; Reply: 30

But so much better to ask for investment as a Football League club.

Maybe but perhaps getting investors on-side prior to getting League Status could be an advantage. I'm no marketing person but investors might get a better deal now, as the number of interested parties could increase once we get League Status.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, March 26, 2015, 11:33pm; Reply: 31
Quoted from rancido

Maybe but perhaps getting investors on-side prior to getting League Status could be an advantage. I'm no marketing person but investors might get a better deal now, as the number of interested parties could increase once we get League Status.

They might so maybe it might be better for us to wait......
Posted by: Southwark Mariner, March 26, 2015, 11:59pm; Reply: 32
it could just be a box ticking thing to show the council the club has tried every single avenue to get funding...but I was born cynical.
Posted by: BIGChris, March 30, 2015, 1:55pm; Reply: 33
This clarifies some of the points raised

http://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/article/community-stadium-funding-clarification-2365417.aspx?
Posted by: ginnywings, March 30, 2015, 2:27pm; Reply: 34
Quoted from BIGChris

Does Town's 6 million include any grants available (if any) from the Football League?
Posted by: Lincoln Mariner 56, March 30, 2015, 2:37pm; Reply: 35
Wonder what BP would look like with £6M invested? although I assume this sum includes income from the sale of the Park.

It just seems this is a never ending story but maybe all these renewable energy giants may be able to contribute, how about they generate all power needed for the stadium although having your ground plastered with Siemen all over it may not give the best impression!!!!!!
Posted by: MuddyWaters, March 30, 2015, 5:18pm; Reply: 36
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56
Wonder what BP would look like with £6M invested? although I assume this sum includes income from the sale of the Park.

It just seems this is a never ending story but maybe all these renewable energy giants may be able to contribute, how about they generate all power needed for the stadium although having your ground plastered with Siemen all over it may not give the best impression!!!!!!

Siemen should be fine as long as the decorator isn't dyslexic. ;)
Posted by: rancido, March 30, 2015, 7:27pm; Reply: 37
Quoted from 3605[b
]Wonder what BP would look like with £6M invested[/b]? although I assume this sum includes income from the sale of the Park.

A tarted up sh*t-hole ! There is no way the Main Stand, changing facilities and general amenities i.e toilets etc could be brought into the 21st Century for £6M. You wouldn't improve income streams either from the present site and still no car parking. I know fans park in the streets but this is an annoyance to anybody living near the ground. I know some will say that householders knew the score when they moved there but car ownership is greatly increasing. How do you overcome the situation where the vast majority of householders in the surrounding streets owns a car and parks on their fronts on match day. Where do fans park their cars then?
Posted by: Lincoln Mariner 56, March 30, 2015, 8:40pm; Reply: 38
Quoted from rancido

A tarted up sh*t-hole ! There is no way the Main Stand, changing facilities and general amenities i.e toilets etc could be brought into the 21st Century for £6M. You wouldn't improve income streams either from the present site and still no car parking. I know fans park in the streets but this is an annoyance to anybody living near the ground. I know some will say that householders knew the score when they moved there but car ownership is greatly increasing. How do you overcome the situation where the vast majority of householders in the surrounding streets owns a car and parks on their fronts on match day. Where do fans park their cars then?

Not disagreeing with you just a thought of how the old place might look. In respect of car parking in the streets will it really be that different at the proposed site? Certainly if we got the improvements hoped for from such a move we would attendances of 6k plus and not sure how much parking will be available at the new site. Just we could get a site that suited town, the council and the locals which seems achievable imm much larger towns and cities then Grimsby.
Posted by: moosey_club, March 30, 2015, 10:48pm; Reply: 39
Quoted from BIGChris

Sooo.......16m is the gap......a gap that can either be filled with either;

a pure enabling development  = large scale development required to recoup the outlay = more land required, more controversy, more changes to local plan and potentially more opposition and hoops to jump, planning nightmare and economically sensitive with a general election coming up so potential instability to follow.....or

pure additional funding from the club = new investors, JF standing aside, smaller scale development = less land, less contraversial and council more likely to agree to getting rid of their under used land, less hoops easier planning.....or

the middle ground of the above.....or

a possible failure to meet any of the above.    

2020?

Posted by: KingstonMariner, March 30, 2015, 10:55pm; Reply: 40
Nice clarification. Blame others for your failure to be clear in the first place.

"THERE has been some misinterpretation appearing in the media". FFS.

Next question. Where is the £6m coming from that the club is providing? Is the sale of BP really going to net that much?
Posted by: Trawler, March 30, 2015, 11:03pm; Reply: 41
The sale of Blundell Park will net £500,000 after demolition costs are taken into account. This is from John Fenty direct.
Posted by: Abdul19, March 30, 2015, 11:19pm; Reply: 42
I'll buy my seat (and maybe a bit of turf if I'm feeling flush) if that helps.
Posted by: LH, March 30, 2015, 11:26pm; Reply: 43
Yeah I imagine I'll be spending a small fortune on bits of BP if they auction it all off.
Posted by: Abdul19, March 30, 2015, 11:36pm; Reply: 44
A Chesterfield fan at work bought a turnstyle when Saltergate shut. I'd like to think I wouldn't go that far but the excitement might get the better of me.
Posted by: Southwark Mariner, March 30, 2015, 11:39pm; Reply: 45
that and the ticket printer! I'd tell my family it's all ticket and they have to buy a week in advance from the ticket office / shed before they can visit me.
Posted by: LH, March 30, 2015, 11:42pm; Reply: 46
Yeah. I'd draw the line at a floodlight for the garden.
Posted by: easypeersy, March 31, 2015, 6:54pm; Reply: 47
Please someone give us a new ground!!!!!!!!
Posted by: MuddyWaters, March 31, 2015, 6:57pm; Reply: 48
There seems to be an awful lot of pieces missing from the jigsaw at the minute.
Print page generated: May 4, 2024, 9:49pm