Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, March 28, 2015, 11:44pm
These comments were made on 21 March.  A week is a long time in football:

Martin Allen,the Barnet Manager said after beating Welling 5-0:
"I can honestly say I have no interest in how the other teams are getting on. I just go and do my garden, walk my dog and train my players".

After Town gained 5 points on them in a week, he might want to take more notice of us.  Although,if we overtake them in the league,he won't need to take notice of us.  We will be out of sight.  Allen could also work on training his players not to give last minute penalties away to penalty hot-shot Bradley Wood.

Aldershot Manager Chris Barker said after losing 3-1 at Bristol Rovers:
"We don't often play in front of 7,000 crowds.  Although we have a number of players with experience of big games, it took us a while to settle".

Well, at Grimsby on the last League game of the season, your players are going to experience a deafening atmosphere that they have never seen before.  Which should be very good for us.

Chester manager Steve Burr said after their 1-1 draw away to Alfreton:
"We had a few harsh words at half-time as as the superb following we had here today deserved better than they had seen in the first half".

The overall gate at Alfreton was only 857 against Chester.   Similar total today with Barnet.  We will take double this overall gate total alone to Alfreton, without really trying.  

Posted by: LH, March 28, 2015, 11:52pm; Reply: 1
If Town were wise they'd be making arrangements for us to be able to be in all four stands with the absolute maximum tickets available for home supporters for all of our remaining games. Next week we must surely be looking at a home sell out?

5000 up for me. Must find another hobby.
Posted by: gary_elton, March 29, 2015, 3:24am; Reply: 2
I think the next home gate will top 5,000...... bloody hope so....
Print page generated: May 3, 2024, 8:36pm