Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: grimsby pete, March 30, 2015, 3:43pm
Kevin Wilkin manager of Wrexham has left the club after their defeat to N, Ferriby.

I wonder who will be in charge when they visit us.
Posted by: buckstown, March 30, 2015, 4:05pm; Reply: 1
That's a shame, it might give them a lift
Posted by: Kymariner12, March 30, 2015, 4:06pm; Reply: 2
Not too surprised when though he's only been there a year. They should be competing for a top 5 spot rather than mid table obscurity.
Posted by: grimps, March 30, 2015, 4:22pm; Reply: 3
That would have been Hurst if we had stayed in that daft trophy
Posted by: Garth, March 30, 2015, 4:31pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from buckstown
That's a shame, it might give them a lift

Yes it does sometimes although we still have enough about us to dismiss a new man in charge push
Posted by: Chrisblor, March 30, 2015, 4:44pm; Reply: 5
Classy post-match comments from Connor Jennings here - http://www.leaderlive.co.uk/news/146034/jennings-hits-out-at-wilkin-s-fa-trophy-final-substitutions.aspx

Glad we didn't end up signing him!
Posted by: horsforthmariner, March 30, 2015, 4:47pm; Reply: 6
I never got it why everyone was so fussed about Jennings - I thought he was a poor man's Ross Hannnah.
Posted by: Garth, March 30, 2015, 4:51pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from Chrisblor
Classy post-match comments from Connor Jennings here - http://www.leaderlive.co.uk/news/146034/jennings-hits-out-at-wilkin-s-fa-trophy-final-substitutions.aspx

Perhaps if he had scored his pen it might have saved his manager
Posted by: gytone, March 30, 2015, 4:51pm; Reply: 8
Probably because he scored a few for Macclesfield and we were desperate for a goalscorer or someone to kind of hero worship, I also thought he came over as a bit of a knob  ;)
Posted by: moosey_club, March 30, 2015, 5:06pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from Chrisblor

Saying it as it was really, not very "team" but hardly making it up was he?
Posted by: RoboCod, March 30, 2015, 5:07pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from grimps
That would have been Hurst if we had stayed in that daft trophy

Taking Palmer off for Parslow, while 2-0 up with 20 minutes to go at Wembley, possibly. It makes you wonder.
Posted by: fiveallive, March 30, 2015, 10:24pm; Reply: 11
Kevin Wilkin got his tactics wrong at Wrexham, when he was manager of Nuneaton they had a very good defensive record, watching Wrexham yesterday they coudn't handle the 4-4-2 and the RB was one of the worst RB i have seen he reminded me of Hatton constantly getting beat by the winger.

I also think Connor Jennings is a good player but he's no winger on RB and he's covered both positions for them, he's a player who needs a winger like Mackreth their is no suprise both Andy Cook and Connor Jennings both had good goal scoring records when he was in the same team both playing centre forward role.

Wrexham attacking options have to one of the best in the league Moult, Bishop, Jennings York and Durrell etc but there defense is suspect and the centre midfield is not mobile enough it reminds of our team in the past.
Posted by: Tangerine Chris, March 31, 2015, 2:38pm; Reply: 12
Assistant Manager, Mills, has departed today as well
Posted by: diehardmariner, March 31, 2015, 4:40pm; Reply: 13
Wow those comments from Jennings are terrible.

Talk about A) Selling your manager down the river and B) deflecting any blame that's anywhere near yourself.  Just completely dismissed his penalty miss as one of those things.  

Much talk in recent days over team-spirit we have here.  Can't imagine he would have brought anything positive to that.
Print page generated: May 4, 2024, 6:33am