Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Les Brechin, April 19, 2015, 1:22pm
Rather extended highlights too!!!

Great definition video as well.

[youtube]FGJVdAonmxU[/youtube]
Posted by: LH, April 19, 2015, 1:42pm; Reply: 1
Done well to find 25 mins of highlights in fairness (of course it has the obligatory two mins of introduction and an action shot of helicopter too).

Their first is closer in than I thought it was. Their second is arguably avoidable. Great corner for our second - more of those please Brown!
Posted by: Maringer, April 19, 2015, 2:10pm; Reply: 2
A real Charles Ademeno of a finish by Chapell.

Poor defending by Parslow for their first goal - the winger cut inside him way, way too easily. This is why I worry when he's playing at full-back. Great finish by the lad, however. No chance at all for McKeown with that effort. McKeown didn't exactly cover himself in glory with their second goal with his flap though.

Nice to see us score another direct from a corner. Are we finally finding the knack of putting half-decent corners into the box?
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, April 19, 2015, 2:14pm; Reply: 3
Mr Mckeown wont want to see their goals again first one he was miles away rooted to the spot and the second well flapping at thin air.

Hope that he gets is act together for the play offs and the final if we get there.

Great goal FROM A CORNER by Shaun good delivery by Brown.
Posted by: Les Brechin, April 19, 2015, 2:22pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from Maringer
A real Charles Ademeno of a finish by Chapell.

Poor defending by Parslow for their first goal - the winger cut inside him way, way too easily. This is why I worry when he's playing at full-back. Great finish by the lad, however. No chance at all for McKeown with that effort. McKeown didn't exactly cover himself in glory with their second goal with his flap though.

Nice to see us score another direct from a corner.
Are we finally finding the knack of putting half-decent corners into the box?

We didn't score direct from a corner.  ;)

Posted by: Abdul19, April 19, 2015, 2:44pm; Reply: 5
Why are our highlights never this good quality, does anyone know? ;)
Posted by: Meza, April 19, 2015, 2:52pm; Reply: 6
Do we use an HD camera?

I dont think mariners player is for the video footage just the application its used in.  We still do our own highlights and commentary probably with an old camera.
Posted by: Nelly GTFC, April 19, 2015, 3:58pm; Reply: 7
If the managers watch them highlights whoevers in the playoffs against us... "Yeah just run at Parslow, he'll back off or let you through and score."
Posted by: Meza, April 19, 2015, 4:15pm; Reply: 8
And Bignot stays 5 yrds between him and the winger. Lol
Posted by: Maringer, April 19, 2015, 4:56pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from Les Brechin

We didn't score direct from a corner.  ;)

Pfft. You know what I meant!  :P
Posted by: chaos33, April 19, 2015, 4:59pm; Reply: 10
Oh God, on those general standards we'll get mullered in the play offs.
Posted by: barralad, April 19, 2015, 5:26pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from chaos33

Lots of changes though will surely be made for play offs. I wouldn't expect Paddy to be anywhere near a starting place...
Posted by: Les Brechin, April 19, 2015, 6:05pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from chaos33

Do you seriously think that'll be the team we will put out in the play-offs?
Posted by: RoboCod, April 19, 2015, 6:38pm; Reply: 13
Interesting on the corner....no careful placing of the ball, no trying to steal 2 inches by placing the ball just outside the quadrant, no nonsensical arms in the air from Brown..he jogs over and without breaking his stride just slaps it in.
Posted by: chaos33, April 19, 2015, 7:06pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from Les Brechin

Do you seriously think that'll be the team we will put out in the play-offs?

Err no obviously. I was talking about performance level, not individuals.
Hurst always says it's a squad game doesn't he, and don't forget, we have the best squad in the conference apparently. ;-)
Posted by: chaos33, April 19, 2015, 7:25pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from barralad

Lots of changes though will surely be made for play offs. I wouldn't expect Paddy to be anywhere near a starting place...

He wouldn't be near the starting line up even if he'd had a blinder and scored the winning goal, and everybody knows that. Maybe there are a few players who haven't earned a right to play in the play off team based on the last few games I shouldn't think.
Posted by: moosey_club, April 19, 2015, 7:26pm; Reply: 16
Why does Mckeown, in the 45th league game of the season ,suddenly decide he will come off his line and attack a cross??
Posted by: MrsMariner, April 20, 2015, 2:11pm; Reply: 17
How does Mckeown get away with wearing that kit when were in blue he hardly stands out from the defenders around him. Listening on the radio Tondeur made it sound as if Chappells goal was a bit of a fluke or miskick but I thought he took it quite well, great header from Pearson, some more of those please. I think Palmer just need a goal on Saturday to get him going again and can we try Bignott on Saturday just to see how he goes I'm not a fan of Parslow
Posted by: arryarryarry, April 20, 2015, 3:08pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from MrsMariner
How does Mckeown get away with wearing that kit when were in blue he hardly stands out from the defenders around him. Listening on the radio Tondeur made it sound as if Chappells goal was a bit of a fluke or miskick but I thought he took it quite well, great header from Pearson, some more of those please. I think Palmer just need a goal on Saturday to get him going again and can we try Bignott on Saturday just to see how he goes I'm not a fan of Parslow

No, he looked appalling when he came on. I'm not a big fan of Parslow but he is miles better than Bignot.
Posted by: BIGChris, April 20, 2015, 3:55pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from arryarryarry

No, he looked appalling when he came on. I'm not a big fan of Parslow but he is miles better than Bignot.

He was only on 4 mins plus stoppage time!!
Posted by: arryarryarry, April 20, 2015, 4:56pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from BIGChris

He was only on 4 mins plus stoppage time!!

Exactly and he looked poor even in that amount of time.
Posted by: Garth, April 20, 2015, 6:50pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from arryarryarry

Exactly and he looked poor even in that amount of time.

Really! and what was your expectations from a defender comming on cold in the last few minutes of a game, genuine interest
Posted by: arryarryarry, April 21, 2015, 10:04am; Reply: 22
Quoted from Garth

Really! and what was your expectations from a defender comming on cold in the last few minutes of a game, genuine interest

Well hopefully seeing as he would have been fitter than anyone else on the pitch at that stage of the game who had been playing in the hot sun for 88 minutes, not to let one of their players waltz past him as if he wasn't there.
Print page generated: May 7, 2024, 6:42am