Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: gtfc98, May 5, 2015, 9:03am
Who's running coaches to wembley? Perhaps you could post in here to advise on prices/times etc?

UTM
Posted by: zorro_is_a_Mariner, May 5, 2015, 10:13am; Reply: 1
The travel club are at 35 pound per head but aldershot which was further mind was 25 pound so sod that.
Posted by: LH, May 5, 2015, 10:17am; Reply: 2
Quoted from zorro_is_a_Mariner
The travel club are at 35 pound per head but aldershot which was further mind was 25 pound so sod that.

Probably includes the fee for parking at the stadium etc and maybe a slightly better coach than usual. I'm sure Richard Cranium will give you a good reason why it's more.
Posted by: zorro_is_a_Mariner, May 5, 2015, 10:38am; Reply: 3
Probably but if a coach is full of say 45 people do they need to charge 10 pound each extra which is 450 pound more for parking, I will be going of course and will pay whatever it take but it just seemed as bad as the booking fee ect to me when it was 10 pound less for further distances my opinion of course.
Posted by: Paris Mariner, May 5, 2015, 10:45am; Reply: 4
They are probably charging more as plenty of people will take that price who don't usually go. It will contribute to lowering prices net season, presumably, for members who also go with the travel club and funds towards the players the travel club sponsor too. It doesn't bother me.
Posted by: Les Brechin, May 5, 2015, 10:52am; Reply: 5
I see that Coopers are running their own buses and charging £37, which I think is a disgrace.

I actually used the Coopers supporters bus for the 480 mile round trip to Eastleigh last Thursday and the price was £30 so how can they justify charging an extra £7 a head, for a round trip of only 360 miles.

We should be doing all we can to encourage as many fans to get there as possible, it's bad enough with See Tickets booking charges without local companies trying to make a quick buck!

A 49 seater coach at £37 per head would be over £1800 and I know that when I last looked into hiring a coach not that long ago the price was about half that!
Posted by: zorro_is_a_Mariner, May 5, 2015, 10:54am; Reply: 6
That's exactly my point les. There charging more because they know people will be going but it is disappointing.
Posted by: Jaws, May 5, 2015, 11:10am; Reply: 7
I was expecting £40

£100pp for the day out.
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, May 5, 2015, 11:55am; Reply: 8
Wembley charge £65 for coaches (and Mini Buses) to park.
Posted by: Garth, May 5, 2015, 12:38pm; Reply: 9
How much is it to park a car
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, May 5, 2015, 1:10pm; Reply: 10
Congestion charge too maybe? Though not sure of the cost is enough to justify that. Have just booked through national express for £6 each way
Posted by: Les Brechin, May 5, 2015, 1:13pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY
Congestion charge too maybe? Though not sure of the cost is enough to justify that. Have just booked through national express for £6 each way

On a Sunday?
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, May 5, 2015, 1:57pm; Reply: 12
Is it not enforced at the weekend then les?
Posted by: Neilo83, May 5, 2015, 3:05pm; Reply: 13
Wembley carpark is a twit to get out of aswell, especially if u get there early and end up at the front.
Posted by: Youngy, May 5, 2015, 3:14pm; Reply: 14
Travelstyle are offering coach, overnight stay, breakfast and evening meal for £75.

http://www.travelstyletours.co.uk/itineraries/4259-grimsby-town-at-wembley-weekend?pageindex=1&tourid=67649
Posted by: Les Brechin, May 5, 2015, 3:29pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY
Is it not enforced at the weekend then les?

It only applies from 7am to 6pm Monday to Friday.
Posted by: Les Brechin, May 5, 2015, 3:31pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from Youngy
Travelstyle are offering coach, overnight stay, breakfast and evening meal for £75.

http://www.travelstyletours.co.uk/itineraries/4259-grimsby-town-at-wembley-weekend?pageindex=1&tourid=67649

That's not a bad deal.
Posted by: wizbit, May 5, 2015, 5:30pm; Reply: 17
Booked parking through wembley wasp approx 400 metres from stadium for £10
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, May 5, 2015, 7:56pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

Wembley is not in congestion charge area anyway.

But it is in the 'LOW EMISSION' zone. So an old Minibus (with more than 8 passenger seats) 5 tonnes or less gross vehicle weight could cost you £100 a day to enter if its emissions are high.

Check it out here.....http://www.tfl.gov.uk/modes/driving/low-emission-zone

Posted by: Youngy, May 5, 2015, 8:29pm; Reply: 19
Solid Entertainment are offering coaches for £35
Posted by: northbankmariner, May 5, 2015, 9:33pm; Reply: 20
Used wembley wasp for the Wrexham game. Couldn't have been more convenient and easy to get in/out of. Stewards were there also. £10 was good value. You would be hard pressed to find cheaper.
Posted by: Tinymariner, May 5, 2015, 9:57pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from wizbit
Booked parking through wembley wasp approx 400 metres from stadium for £10

Likewise, sounds like a good deal.
Posted by: Jaws, May 5, 2015, 10:13pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from Youngy
Solid Entertainment are offering coaches for £35

For info, it's £37 - £2 per ticket booking fee.
Posted by: wigworld, May 5, 2015, 10:14pm; Reply: 23
Supply and demand, I guess. Also, they'll probably have to pay the drivers extra because it's a Sunday.
Posted by: KK_DOG, May 5, 2015, 10:24pm; Reply: 24
Flipping booking fees, why bother with them
Posted by: arryarryarry, May 5, 2015, 11:02pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from KK_DOG
Flipping booking fees, why bother with them

I'm not suggesting they are a good thing but if organisations be it the FA, Wembley or the Conference outsource their ticketing arrangements for events such as this then the company they choose must charge a fee otherwise they would lose money as they would need to cover their costs such as staffing and IT systems as well as make a profit.

Where I think it certainly isn't necessary is where you book with the company that is providing the service.
Posted by: KK_DOG, May 5, 2015, 11:10pm; Reply: 26
Cost of ticket £44 (including booking fee) would be better
instead of
Tickets are £41 + £3 booking fee.

Plus the best and most expensive postal service ever.

I know its the same but it sounds better
Posted by: arryarryarry, May 5, 2015, 11:40pm; Reply: 27
Quoted from KK_DOG
Cost of ticket £44 (including booking fee) would be better
instead of
Tickets are £41 + £3 booking fee.

Plus the best and most expensive postal service ever.

I know its the same but it sounds better

Not sure how they would send by normal post but the RMSD cost is about right.
Posted by: KK_DOG, May 6, 2015, 12:03am; Reply: 28
Quoted from arryarryarry

Not sure how they would send by normal post but the RMSD cost is about right.

Standard delivery is £2.35 Secure post £6.25

Normal post will be shoved in an envelope with a first class stamp on 63p for the stamp 10p for an envelope

Posted by: Richard Cranium, May 6, 2015, 12:12am; Reply: 29
4 coaches we are taking and all are virtually booked up
Posted by: gary_elton, May 6, 2015, 7:52am; Reply: 30
I couldnt give a toss..... only because I can't frikkin go cos I'm working in Spain....

( BAD PLANNING !!!! )  The girlfriend assures me that her and Junior Trust member Tom will
make twice as much noise to make up for my not being there...  so I hope its 75 a ticket
plus £5 booking fee , and bollox to the lot of ya  !!!

(wallbash)(cursing)
Posted by: BIGChris, May 6, 2015, 2:26pm; Reply: 31
Some travel options on the Official site;

http://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/article/wembley-coach-travel-2443808.aspx?
Posted by: PB, May 6, 2015, 4:01pm; Reply: 32
This link shows a detailed seating plan so that you can see exactly where you are:

http://www.mapaplan.com/seating-plan/wembley-stadium-chart-london/wembley-stadium-london-seating-plan.htm

Good hunting!
Posted by: lukeo, May 6, 2015, 4:04pm; Reply: 33
Anyone who sees this from Devon / Bristol ( funny that ) or anywhere near the m4 check my post on car share pleaseeee x
Posted by: Neilo83, May 9, 2015, 3:57pm; Reply: 34
Anyone know of any coaches allowing beer on?
Posted by: Les Brechin, May 9, 2015, 4:00pm; Reply: 35
Quoted from Neilo83

None I would think as it's illegal to drink on a coach traveling to a football game.

Quoted Text
Intoxicating liquor flares and similar pyrotechnics,must not be carried on coaches travelling to or from designated grounds. Operators will draw hirers attention to the requirements of the law, and drivers shall, as far as reasonably practical, supervise boarding passengers and check that they are not obviously carrying intoxicating alcohol, flares and similar pyrotechnics. Drivers will not be expected to carry out baggage or body searches, nor will they be expected to confiscate alcohol or to remove passengers without police assistance. Operators may add a condition of entry to the PSV that a voluntary search may be undertaken.
Posted by: BIGChris, May 9, 2015, 4:01pm; Reply: 36
Quoted from Neilo83

my (limited) understanding is that it is illegal to drink on a coach travelling to football matches? May be coaches in general???
Posted by: marinernige, May 9, 2015, 10:45pm; Reply: 37
Think its any vehicle over eight seats , My taxi has only seven seats , so everyone(bar me) will be drinking on Saturday on our way to Newmarket , and then on the short trip to Stanmore from our hotel in Borehamwood.
Posted by: topuphere666, May 10, 2015, 9:01am; Reply: 38
I was going to drive and park at Stanmore but I spent most of the night getting out of there last time round. I've decided to get the 9am train from Grantham to Kings Cross and then get the Met tube up to Wembley Park
Posted by: cmackenzie4, May 10, 2015, 10:17am; Reply: 39
Quoted from Neilo83

Jolly boys outing!  ;)
Posted by: bradzmilne, May 10, 2015, 12:10pm; Reply: 40
Wondering what everyone's opinion is on driving down?
Bunch of lads how have A level exams on Monday, so we can't stay for the weekend. Setting off at 7:30 on Sunday morning and driving to a tube station on outskirts of London, to avoid the ridiculous prices for parking at Wembley.
Anyone have any recommendations of what station too drive up to?  
Posted by: MuddyWaters, May 10, 2015, 12:28pm; Reply: 41
Quoted from bradzmilne
Bunch of lads how have A level exams on Monday, so we can't stay for the weekend. Setting off at 7:30 on Sunday morning and driving to a tube station on outskirts of London, to avoid the ridiculous prices for parking at Wembley.

Stanmore is the most popular as its the end of the Jubilee line - try Canons Park or Queensbury (next two stops down) as they are easier to park and get out of!
Posted by: MrsMariner, May 10, 2015, 12:43pm; Reply: 42
Quoted from bradzmilne

I was thinking the same but if there's 4 of you in a car wont it cost more on the tube there & back than the Wembley parking. As much as I begrudge paying the extortionate parking charges it may be false economy.
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, May 10, 2015, 12:52pm; Reply: 43
Quoted from MrsMariner

I was thinking the same but if there's 4 of you in a car wont it cost more on the tube there & back than the Wembley parking. As much as I begrudge paying the extortionate parking charges it may be false economy.

It will be false economy if desperate to get home quick I'd go for a park in my drive scenario around Wembley
Posted by: Les Brechin, May 10, 2015, 2:28pm; Reply: 44
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

It will be false economy if desperate to get home quick I'd go for a park in my drive scenario around Wembley

A friend of mine who went to the Wrexham game parked at Canons Park rather that park at Wembley. He said that he stopped at a service station on the M1 (he lives in York) and there were already Wrexham coaches there, so they had got away from Wembley far quicker than they had got back to the tube station and got away from there, even though they would have stayed back after the game a lot longer than our fans did.

As has been mentioned too, I think the lowest price on the tube now is about a fiver so maybe worth parking at Wembley if there is 4 of you,
Posted by: marinernige, May 10, 2015, 3:26pm; Reply: 45
£1.50 with an oyster card.
Posted by: Les Brechin, May 10, 2015, 3:30pm; Reply: 46
Quoted from marinernige
£1.50 with an oyster card.

Plus the non-refundable £3 the card costs to buy if you haven't already got one.
Posted by: marinernige, May 10, 2015, 3:43pm; Reply: 47
If you have a bank or credit card with contactless payment you can use these the same as an oyster card so Stanmore to Wembley park would be £1.50 each way as long as you remember to swipe your card both ends
Posted by: Eastendmariner, May 10, 2015, 3:54pm; Reply: 48
Why oh why  do  people coach firms have to at the first  opportunity rip the fans off  it's bad enough with FIFA. The Fa and the Tin pot league doing it   Now the coach firms  shame on you
Posted by: Barrattstander, May 10, 2015, 4:10pm; Reply: 49
Quoted from marinernige
If you have a bank or credit card with contactless payment you can use these the same as an oyster card so Stanmore to Wembley park would be £1.50 each way as long as you remember to swipe your card both ends

I think you have to register the card you intend to use on the tfl website first, before you can use it.
Posted by: GrimExile, May 10, 2015, 4:59pm; Reply: 50
For your information a debit or credit card which has contact less payment will work on the Tube and you don't have to register. Also another possibility re parking would be to park at Gerards Cross in Bucks. It's only about 10-15 mins from the M25 and get the train in. Yes it will take a little longer to get to the M1/A1 than if you parked at Stanmore but the train in much quicker than the tube so it will even itself out. And as I only live 5 mins from Gerards Cross if we win you're all welcome to my house for champagne!!!!!!  ;D
Posted by: Mariner Timsky, May 10, 2015, 5:15pm; Reply: 51
What's the nice newish tube station called when you get out of the front and straight in front is the stadium and a load of steps down under a bridge/underpass and onto Wembley way??
Posted by: GrimExile, May 10, 2015, 5:52pm; Reply: 52
That's the British Rail station. It's the one I mentioned in my earlier post.
Posted by: topuphere666, May 10, 2015, 7:00pm; Reply: 53
Quoted from Mariner Timsky
What's the nice newish tube station called when you get out of the front and straight in front is the stadium and a load of steps down under a bridge/underpass and onto Wembley way??

Wembley Park on the Metropolitan and Jubilee line - I think.

You can also access the stadium via Wembley Central but it is a bit of a walk and you don't quite get the same vibe as you do from walking down those steps onto W.Way
Posted by: Tricky939, May 10, 2015, 7:58pm; Reply: 54
I've just used this site - justpark.com . Yes ok some places seem pricey but I got a space on some fellas driveway,  just a few minutes walk away and with easy access in and out for £13. A bit of peace of mind - it's booked and paid for, so one less thing to worry about! UTM.
Posted by: mr b, May 10, 2015, 9:27pm; Reply: 55
So decided I'm not driving into wembley gonna get on a train Stanmore or somewhere else ? Any comments appreciated as I've not done this before !
Posted by: The_Laughing_Mariner, May 11, 2015, 8:53am; Reply: 56
Suddenly found ourselves without a coach, couldn't fill one at £23.50
Bloody hell what is the world coming to
Any ideas where to get a coach from?
Posted by: arryarryarry, May 11, 2015, 9:38am; Reply: 57
Quoted from GrimExile
For your information a debit or credit card which has contact less payment will work on the Tube and you don't have to register. Also another possibility re parking would be to park at Gerards Cross in Bucks. It's only about 10-15 mins from the M25 and get the train in. Yes it will take a little longer to get to the M1/A1 than if you parked at Stanmore but the train in much quicker than the tube so it will even itself out. And as I only live 5 mins from Gerards Cross if we win you're all welcome to my house for champagne!!!!!!  ;D

Depending on how long you are in London for and how much travelling on the underground you are doing on the day, and have children and a Family Rail Card then a day travel ticket will be the best option.

Posted by: Jamgtfc, May 11, 2015, 9:49am; Reply: 58
The laughing mariner there is loads of people still asking for coaches on those swaps and sales sites on Facebook mate, advertise on there you'd fill it in an instant.

I've not sorted travel yet either as waiting to find out if a mates driving or not
Posted by: The_Laughing_Mariner, May 11, 2015, 10:05am; Reply: 59
They've cancelled the coach
Print page generated: May 8, 2024, 8:42am