Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: wycombemariner, May 28, 2015, 12:23pm
Wintringham School, doing GTFC Community work, doesn't seem like the actions of someone about to leave to go to York or Barnsley in my humble opinion??  
Posted by: GrimRob, May 28, 2015, 12:26pm; Reply: 1
Quoted from wycombemariner
Wintringham School, doing GTFC Community work, doesn't seem like the actions of someone about to leave to go to York or Barnsley in my humble opinion??  

Don't players contracts run to the end of May?
Posted by: SamTheMariner, May 28, 2015, 12:28pm; Reply: 2
I think there's a bit of clutching at straws going on here.
Posted by: horsforthmariner, May 28, 2015, 12:31pm; Reply: 3
Shaun Pearson is a good bloke and he will still be contracted to us until the end of the month. Like anyone who is leaving a job but is professional they will still do their duties until they take up their new position.
Sadly I think this is no indication that he is staying.
Posted by: GTFCNiles, May 28, 2015, 12:37pm; Reply: 4
My mate is there and has just told me that he's signed for them for 3.5k a week. He's gone mate.
Posted by: MawsleyMariner, May 28, 2015, 12:43pm; Reply: 5
He is most likely gone, but I don't think he is announcing his new wage to randoms.
Posted by: wycombemariner, May 28, 2015, 12:45pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from GTFCNiles
My mate is there and has just told me that he's signed for them for 3.5k a week. He's gone mate.

That could be Bull!   Someone on facebook, who is there at Wintringham, is saying they've just been told by PEarson that he isn't going to Barnsley and don't belive everything you read!
Posted by: BIGChris, May 28, 2015, 12:45pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from GTFCNiles

So Shaun is going round telling people his contract details??? :o
Posted by: wycombemariner, May 28, 2015, 12:45pm; Reply: 8
So Scunny it is then!
Posted by: Hagrid, May 28, 2015, 12:49pm; Reply: 9
Shaun told me that he is off to scunny ;)! seriously, I think we should all just sit and wait and see what happens with the squad
Posted by: Les Brechin, May 28, 2015, 12:57pm; Reply: 10
My sister's, friends', husband's, nephew's , 3rd cousin twice removed has just told me that Shaun is going to Real Madrid in a straight swap for Gareth Bale.

Honest!
Posted by: Barrattstander, May 28, 2015, 1:01pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from Les Brechin
My sister's, friends', husband's, nephew's , 3rd cousin twice removed has just told me that Shaun is going to Real Madrid in a straight swap for Gareth Bale.

Honest!

Just proves you can't rely on anyone Les, as he/she told me it was Ronaldo we were after.
Posted by: rancido, May 28, 2015, 1:22pm; Reply: 12
If he is going and it is to a league club higher than Div  2 then who can blame him ? He has bills to pay and his future to consider just like all of us. Who on this site, in all honesty would turn down doing the same job at another firm for a greatly increased wage?
Posted by: BIGChris, May 28, 2015, 1:29pm; Reply: 13
Humberside saying they have spoken to Barnsley and they have no interest in Pearson
Posted by: pizzzza, May 28, 2015, 1:29pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from Les Brechin

Honest!

#ITK
Posted by: gytone, May 28, 2015, 1:46pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from Les Brechin

Honest!

We don't want Bale, he crap and hes had a terrible season, would rather we kept Mackreth  ;)
Posted by: chaos33, May 28, 2015, 1:50pm; Reply: 16
Ha. Some very funny stuff in this thread.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, May 28, 2015, 1:54pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from Les Brechin

Honest!

My mate in Portugal has a restaurant just up the road from Jose mourinho's villa and tells me that Jose is talking about a straight swap - Costa for John-Lewis. He's heard that a department store is a better bet than a chain of coffee outlets.
Posted by: LongEatonMariner, May 28, 2015, 1:57pm; Reply: 18
[quote=62]

That could be Bull!   Someone on facebook, who is there at Wintringham, is saying they've just been told by PEarson that he isn't going to Barnsley and don't believe everything you read![/quote

Now I am confused. Does Shaun say I should or should not believe the thing that you have written that I have just read?
Posted by: LH, May 28, 2015, 3:24pm; Reply: 19
balderdash. Wintringham are not a bigger club than us.
Posted by: AdamHaddock, May 28, 2015, 3:50pm; Reply: 20
Just heard he had signed for Minas Tirith
Posted by: wycombemariner, May 28, 2015, 4:00pm; Reply: 21
I dunno why people are taking the urine out of me, i've just reported what someone said!  get over yourselves!
Posted by: ex-merseymariner, May 28, 2015, 7:21pm; Reply: 22

http://accringtonstanley.co.uk/2015/05/pearson-signs/

oh, wrong pearson!
Posted by: carrot top, May 28, 2015, 8:58pm; Reply: 23
Speculation speculation.  Just wait until there is an official announcement to say  if he stays or goes. Simple
Posted by: BIGChris, May 28, 2015, 10:02pm; Reply: 24
Not necessarily a creditable source but just had a text saying Pearson is re-signing for us.

Would love  it if true but will believe it when I see it
Posted by: Tommy, May 28, 2015, 10:08pm; Reply: 25
Just watched the Gowling free view video and he seems fairly confident Toto and Pearson will sign on again.
Posted by: BIGChris, May 29, 2015, 8:08am; Reply: 26
Quoted from BIGChris
Not necessarily a creditable source but just had a text saying Pearson is re-signing for us.

Would love  it if true but will believe it when I see it

This info involved females so you can see why i have doubts but the story is that Pearsons girlfriend told her female friends whilst out at dinner than Shaun was re-signing with an annoncement shortly.

IF he has an offer from a FL club, and i have no idea if he has, then it would be a surprising display of loyalty to remain with us.

Time will tell
Posted by: Trawler, May 29, 2015, 8:18am; Reply: 27
Quoted from BIGChris

This info involved females so you can see why i have doubts but the story is that Pearsons girlfriend told her female friends whilst out at dinner than Shaun was re-signing with an annoncement shortly.

IF he has an offer from a FL club, and i have no idea if he has, then it would be a surprising display of loyalty to remain with us.

Time will tell

You may have just ignited a major domestic in the Pearson household Chris.
Posted by: Garth, May 29, 2015, 8:20am; Reply: 28
That's more than good news if true,UTM
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, May 29, 2015, 8:22am; Reply: 29
Quoted from Garth
That's more than good news if true,UTM

If it is true it's worth at least 300 season tickets, with Magnay signing as well it could be a lot more.
Posted by: GiveUsAG, May 29, 2015, 8:26am; Reply: 30
These rumours are getting too much now lol. Latest one I've seen / heard is Lincoln. Who next, Man United?  ;D

Can't wait for GTFC to announce that he's signed a contract, just to urine on these rumours.  ;)

Bet the guy(s) / lass(es) that started the rumour are pissing themselves with laughter with all the gullible fans believing every rumour they come across.  ;D
Posted by: ginnywings, May 29, 2015, 8:37am; Reply: 31
Quoted from BIGChris

Time will tell

How very PC of you.  ;D
Posted by: GrimRob, May 29, 2015, 8:40am; Reply: 32
Did she say resigning or re-signing?
Posted by: MeanwoodMariner, May 29, 2015, 8:42am; Reply: 33
Quoted from GiveUsAG

Bet the guy(s) / lass(es) that started the rumour are pissing themselves with laughter with all the gullible fans believing every rumour they come across.  ;D

I don't think it's gullibility. I think most fans buy in to silly season willingly because it's a bit of fun. We all know that most of the rumours are bollox. Until August this is all we've got!
Posted by: wycombemariner, May 29, 2015, 10:10am; Reply: 34
I don't believe ayone has started a rumour about Barnsely on purpose, just a case of the wrong Pearson, by the sound of it.

I've had two texts today saying Pearson and Magnay are staying but Shop is offski!!  I'd take that!
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, May 29, 2015, 10:32am; Reply: 35
2 years is the rumour folks
Posted by: ivanosandwich, May 29, 2015, 10:50am; Reply: 36
Quoted from wycombemariner
I don't believe ayone has started a rumour about Barnsely on purpose, just a case of the wrong Pearson, by the sound of it.

I've had two texts today saying Pearson and Magnay are staying but Shop is offski!!  I'd take that!

Completely agree. After all this, will he or won't he regarding several players, I would be very happy to 'only' lose Lenny.

A good team is built on a sound defence and I think it would be easier to replace Lenny rather than any of the others and that's coming from someone who is a big fan of The Shop.
Posted by: Maringer, May 29, 2015, 11:21am; Reply: 37
Hmmm. I'd actually say that it is easier to sign good/decent defenders than effective strikers. This is why strikers always command a premium as it is easier to nullify a threat than create one.

Hopefully, Hurst will have more joy in signing some strikers than he did during the first half of last season!
Posted by: Laddy89, May 29, 2015, 11:59am; Reply: 38
Love this time of the year, everyone knows a mate who has a mate whos mate tells them transfers which are happening.  Just like one of the first comments on here,  where it was guaranteed Pearson has accepted a £3.5k a week contract at Barnsley hahahahaah
Posted by: psgmariner, May 29, 2015, 4:45pm; Reply: 39
Bump...

Fair play to the OP
Posted by: Grimal, May 29, 2015, 5:09pm; Reply: 40
Quoted from GTFCNiles

Don't believe everything your mate says Niles, it's not possible to sign for two clubs.

Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, May 29, 2015, 7:30pm; Reply: 41
Quoted from Grantham_Mariner

If it is true it's worth at least 300 season tickets, with Magnay signing as well it could be a lot more.

Just Magnay (and Toto) to go........

Print page generated: May 4, 2024, 5:32pm