Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: tintowner, July 1, 2015, 4:59pm
Has signed for Cleethorpes Town.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, July 1, 2015, 6:00pm; Reply: 1
"No offence to the likes of Cleethorpes Town" but isn't that a big drop for the lad?
Posted by: rancido, July 1, 2015, 7:38pm; Reply: 2
Maybe this is a true reflection on how good he really is.
Posted by: oldun, July 2, 2015, 7:04am; Reply: 3
Have Walker and Humble got fixed up?
Posted by: BIGChris, July 2, 2015, 7:16am; Reply: 4
Quoted from oldun
Have Walker and Humble got fixed up?

Walker signed for Spalding
Posted by: gb, July 2, 2015, 8:09pm; Reply: 5
Peter Winn signed for Clee Town too. Not bad must have some spare pennies to spend
Posted by: RichMariner, July 2, 2015, 10:19pm; Reply: 6
Maybe Clee Town are just appealing to those who live, or who have roots, in the area. I'm sure they can't offer much in the way of wages, but I think they're a very well run club. They've got a proper set-up, which counts for a lot at that level.
Posted by: Heisenberg, July 3, 2015, 11:48am; Reply: 7
I think this is terrible for the kid.  To be playing in the 1st team early last season to being released and then signing for Cleethorpes, that's a real comedown, surely he could do better?
Posted by: LongEatonMariner, July 3, 2015, 12:07pm; Reply: 8
Maybe what he could earn away from home wouldn't be enough for him to rent a place / travel long distances. Players often aren't paid enough to move home at our level anyway, let alone the levels below.

This way he can afford to do what he loves.
Posted by: Mighty_Mariner, July 3, 2015, 7:04pm; Reply: 9
Wonder how much they're on?
Posted by: lukeo, July 4, 2015, 7:20am; Reply: 10
Quoted from LongEatonMariner
Maybe what he could earn away from home wouldn't be enough for him to rent a place / travel long distances. Players often aren't paid enough to move home at our level anyway, let alone the levels below.

This way he can afford to do what he loves.

THIS. I'm sure Caine could have joined a team 1 level below Town but due to finances it's not worth leaving the family and home town for. Good luck at Clee Town Caine.
Print page generated: May 5, 2024, 12:27am