Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: promotion plaice, November 24, 2015, 8:25pm
Tranmere losing at Woking

Dover drawing at Chester so would go above us if it stays like that

Arsenal on track for a showdown with Olympiacos in Greece ( Champions league )

Sheff UTD  1 v 3  Shrewsbury
Posted by: LondonMariner43, November 24, 2015, 8:31pm; Reply: 1
And the Shop scores...
Posted by: Sigone, November 24, 2015, 8:38pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from LondonMariner43
And the Shop scores...

A stunning 25 yarder too...just seen it on sky sports news..

Wonder if P.H is at Sheff U tonight!
Posted by: Caveman, November 24, 2015, 8:43pm; Reply: 3
Ross Hannah !
Posted by: MarinerRob, November 24, 2015, 8:44pm; Reply: 4
Well done Ross.
Posted by: Sigone, November 24, 2015, 8:56pm; Reply: 5
Sheff u 1 Shrewsbury 4...madkins might not last too much longer.
Posted by: acko338, November 24, 2015, 8:59pm; Reply: 6
Another couple of un-replied goals from Ross would not go amiss tonight !!
Posted by: promotion plaice, November 24, 2015, 9:08pm; Reply: 7
Tranmere finding out the National League is no pushover, after early season optimism.......Woking  4 v 0 Tranmere
Posted by: forza ivano, November 24, 2015, 9:20pm; Reply: 8
Michael Edwards scored for notts
Woking 4 up
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, November 24, 2015, 9:23pm; Reply: 9
Think Tranmere are having what is known technically as their 'Braintree realisation'. Their forum might be worth a glance later!
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, November 24, 2015, 9:24pm; Reply: 10
Tranmere have good players, but Brabin in charge....
Posted by: Les Brechin, November 24, 2015, 9:27pm; Reply: 11
Taxi for Brabin!

Not sure there's one big enough for McNulty.  :)
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, November 24, 2015, 9:43pm; Reply: 12
So much for Arrogant tranmere fans thinking they was going to walk it  ;D ;D
This is going to be the tightest run in ever on paper but we have the players,fans and belief to do this. UTM.
Posted by: promotion plaice, November 24, 2015, 9:50pm; Reply: 13

So Town drop to 4th in the table, could be 5th if Lincoln win at Boreham Wood tomorrow

http://www.footballconference.co.uk/tables.php?division_id=7
Posted by: Abdul19, November 24, 2015, 9:59pm; Reply: 14
Not fussed about dropping a place (only one time in a season when position matters), that's 2 points dropped by Dover.
Posted by: ginnywings, November 24, 2015, 10:01pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
Think Tranmere are having what is known technically as their 'Braintree realisation'. Their forum might be worth a glance later!

When i saw the Tranmere score, my mind went straight to the Braintree hammering and the one at Halifax. As you say, their forum will be interesting.
Posted by: OllieGTFC, November 24, 2015, 10:06pm; Reply: 16
Some results gone are way tonight again, hopefully boreham wood does us a favour tomorrow
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, November 24, 2015, 10:19pm; Reply: 17
Not to peeved about dropping down a place or two at this stage as long as we keep our form eventually something will give with the other teams.

At least we are in the mix Tranmere look destined to stay down here for a while and will take some points off our rivals.
Posted by: Teestogreen, November 24, 2015, 10:30pm; Reply: 18
Town are just in the mood to dismiss Dover and Lincoln next month I feel - no one to fear - we should be top by 01/01/16 - (may be the odd 'blip' after) but top after 46 games - that's the trend - we're improving all the time.
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, November 24, 2015, 10:36pm; Reply: 19
Not going to temp fate but I do hope your right our magnificent fans deserve promotion so much.
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, November 24, 2015, 10:45pm; Reply: 20
According to the BBC table, Dover have played an extra game compared to us.  Their GD is massively inferior to us as well.

Portsmouth 0 York 0 at HT.  It finished 6-0 to Pompey!   Jonathan Greening in one of his first games back at York given a straight red in the first half for an elbow in the face.  

Yyork now second to bottom and could easily drop back into NL.  
Posted by: KingstonMariner, November 24, 2015, 10:53pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from ginnywings

When i saw the Tranmere score, my mind went straight to the Braintree hammering and the one at Halifax. As you say, their forum will be interesting.

I don't see losing 4-1 at Woking nearly as bad as losing 5-0 at Braintree. Apart from the GD being 2 better in Tranmere's case, Woking are a club with a long pedigree at this level (bar a few seasons in the Conference South). In 2011 Braintree were in their first ever season at this level having been in the Isthmian League not many seasons before.
Posted by: mimma, November 24, 2015, 11:20pm; Reply: 22
McNulty has certainly shored up Tranmeres defence ;D
Posted by: Abdul19, November 24, 2015, 11:37pm; Reply: 23
Tranmere's Hayes and Yeading was Boreham Wood.
Posted by: ginnywings, November 25, 2015, 12:43am; Reply: 24
Quoted from KingstonMariner

I don't see losing 4-1 at Woking nearly as bad as losing 5-0 at Braintree. Apart from the GD being 2 better in Tranmere's case, Woking are a club with a long pedigree at this level (bar a few seasons in the Conference South). In 2011 Braintree were in their first ever season at this level having been in the Isthmian League not many seasons before.

Not comparable i agree but it did make me think of some of the tonkings we've had and how sobering it is. Didn't know Tranmere  had pulled one back either.
Posted by: WokingMariner, November 25, 2015, 7:41am; Reply: 25
Win flattered Woking a bit one of those games.where one side missed all their chances and the other scored all theirs.
Posted by: Davec, November 25, 2015, 7:53am; Reply: 26
Surely Gary Brabin will be dismissed now?

Don't even know why they appointed him when he has been very average all his management career, bet they only did it because he was local
Posted by: thevera, November 25, 2015, 8:28am; Reply: 27
Tall order to be top by new year. I am assuming Cheltenham are already out the FA cup so they will have an extra game to play before Jan 2nd which means they will have to drop at least 9 points in 6 games before then in order to go above them.
On the subject of last nights games I can see Oldham, Barnsley, Sheffield Utd and Tranmere all looking for new managers by the weekend.  
Posted by: Les Brechin, November 25, 2015, 8:56am; Reply: 28
Quoted from thevera
Tall order to be top by new year. I am assuming Cheltenham are already out the FA cup so they will have an extra game to play before Jan 2nd which means they will have to drop at least 9 points in 6 games before then in order to go above them.
On the subject of last nights games I can see Oldham, Barnsley, Sheffield Utd and Tranmere all looking for new managers by the weekend.  

They lost at Hartlepool in the 1st round. They have a home league game against Chester on FA Cup 2nd Round weekend.
Posted by: promotion plaice, November 25, 2015, 12:39pm; Reply: 29
Quoted from Rodley Mariner

From the Tranmere forum -
This league is stronger than league 2 there should be 4 up 4 down its league 3. I think lots of us have expected this league to be rubbish and it's far from it, I expected to win this league before we kicked a ball now is be happy with a top 10 finish and hope for better next season, keeping this manager for any longer will hurt us next season as we need to start next seasons pre season now if peeps understand where I'm coming from.

Posted by a one night only Boreham Wood fan tonight, welcome to the unfair and tougher than most league clubs think, National League.

Posted by: GrimRob, November 25, 2015, 1:13pm; Reply: 30
I find it very hard to believe this league is stronger than League2 given that nearly everyone who comes down is fairly competitive and everyone who goes up tends to struggle the nest season. Agree it should be 3 up 3 down though (not that it would have helped us much as have yet to have finished in the top two)
Posted by: Les Brechin, November 25, 2015, 1:22pm; Reply: 31
Quoted from GrimRob
I find it very hard to believe this league is stronger than League2 given that nearly everyone who comes down is fairly competitive and everyone who goes up tends to struggle the nest season. Agree it should be 3 up 3 down though (not that it would have helped us much as have yet to have finished in the top two)

But, if we'd known it was the top 2 getting automatic promotion we would probably have had a very different attitude to the last few games of the last couple of seasons.
Posted by: Abdul19, November 25, 2015, 2:43pm; Reply: 32
Quoted from promotion plaice

From the Tranmere forum -I think lots of us have expected this league to be rubbish and it's far from it, I expected to win this league before we kicked a ball

Never understand why anyone would think this, seeing as only 1 out the last 20 relegated clubs have gone straight back up.
Posted by: grimsby pete, November 25, 2015, 3:15pm; Reply: 33
Good thing about Shrewsbury winning 4-1 away last night,

Is they will have used up all their goals by the time they come to us, (  I hope )
Posted by: Les Brechin, November 25, 2015, 3:45pm; Reply: 34
Quoted from grimsby pete
Good thing about Shrewsbury winning 4-1 away last night,

Is they will have used up all their goals by the time they come to us, (  I hope )

It was 4-2 Pete. Sloppy at the back!  :)
Posted by: promotion plaice, November 25, 2015, 8:06pm; Reply: 35

Latest    Boreham Wood  0 v 1 Lincoln       :(
Posted by: psgmariner, November 25, 2015, 8:12pm; Reply: 36
Like a night out in the cons club it's all square.
Posted by: samg, November 25, 2015, 8:13pm; Reply: 37
1-1
Posted by: scoregasm, November 25, 2015, 8:14pm; Reply: 38
1.1 now
Posted by: zorro_is_a_Mariner, November 25, 2015, 9:08pm; Reply: 39
Boreham wood all over them at the min
Posted by: Magsinrio, November 25, 2015, 9:26pm; Reply: 40
Just listening to the commentary on Borehamwood v Lincoln and never heard such a dull commentator. Cant work out if he is from Radio Lincs or Three Counties as both streaming the same. Makes out live commentary sound like a different class.
Posted by: Magsinrio, November 25, 2015, 9:35pm; Reply: 41
600 plus at Borehamwood with 300 plus from Lincoln not that I can hear them
Posted by: Abdul19, November 25, 2015, 9:35pm; Reply: 42
Just seen this on the bbc, talented lad.

Offside, Lincoln City. Matt Rhead tries a through ball, but Matt Rhead is caught offside.
Posted by: LH, November 25, 2015, 9:37pm; Reply: 43
He does cover a lot of ground to be fair. ;)
Posted by: Grimal, November 25, 2015, 9:39pm; Reply: 44
F/T   1  - 1
Posted by: zorro_is_a_Mariner, November 25, 2015, 9:44pm; Reply: 45
So dover ( yesterday) andd lincoln today both dropping points that will do
Posted by: Grimal, November 25, 2015, 9:51pm; Reply: 46
Quoted from Magsinrio
Just listening to the commentary on Borehamwood v Lincoln and never heard such a dull commentator. Cant work out if he is from Radio Lincs or Three Counties as both streaming the same. Makes out live commentary sound like a different class.

I listened to the match on radio lincs for the first 30 mins but they were so biased towards the gimps so changed over to three counties and  couldn't understand most of what he was saying,he just kept mumbling away and the long silence between his commentating made me think I kept losing the commentary, I will never ever criticise Mr Tondour again.  UTM.

Thank god the gimps didn't win tonight,we would never have heard the last of it if they had gone above us.

Posted by: sydney, November 25, 2015, 10:17pm; Reply: 47
It's always the same
They over egg Gimps all the time, it's tiresome
They mentioned four or five times they would go above us if they won
But they didn't
Three points Sat please
Come on Town!!
Posted by: stevethefish, November 25, 2015, 10:28pm; Reply: 48
I'm ashamed.Lincoln have the same points as us. Christ we need to hammer them at Crimbo
Posted by: Sigone, November 25, 2015, 11:11pm; Reply: 49
Has anyone seen dover's goal at Chester..absolutely stunning..I'll try and find link.
Posted by: Sigone, November 25, 2015, 11:17pm; Reply: 50
https://twitter.com/BBCSESport/status/669595079024189440?s=09
Posted by: barralad, November 25, 2015, 11:28pm; Reply: 51
Wow that's some goal...
Posted by: mariner91, November 25, 2015, 11:30pm; Reply: 52
That goal is an absolute beaut.
Posted by: Grimal, November 25, 2015, 11:46pm; Reply: 53
Was that Aswad Thomas that did the overhead kick ?.I'm not sure what position he plays in at Dover.
Posted by: Teestogreen, January 9, 2016, 7:03pm; Reply: 54
Quoted from Teestogreen
Town are just in the mood to dismiss Dover and Lincoln next month I feel - no one to fear - we should be top by 01/01/16 - (may be the odd 'blip' after) but top after 46 games - that's the trend - we're improving all the time.

Happy New Year everyone.

Ok - got that bit wrong but 22 points out of 24 isn't too shabby - Guiseley being a 'blip'.

I liked todays result (now that the loan players have gone).

Let's get behind Paul and Chris (and not least) - the team for the next push.

UTM
Print page generated: May 1, 2024, 9:01am