Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, November 24, 2015, 9:33pm
Am I right in thinking we have lost just once in the last 17 games in all competitions ?

Didn't realise we was in that kind of form !

Just need to change a few of them draws into wins.

Must say, basis that record, I'm surprised PH still gets the stick he does.
Posted by: mariner paul, November 24, 2015, 9:56pm; Reply: 1
Until we get promoted he will always get stick
Posted by: ginnywings, November 24, 2015, 9:59pm; Reply: 2
I'd rather we'd lost a few and won a few more. My criticism was aimed at his lack of derring-do and safe playing style. Unbeaten runs don't mean much if you are only picking up one point most games. We do look a bit more menacing recently though, so let's hope it continues.
Posted by: moosey_club, November 24, 2015, 10:00pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God
Am I right in thinking we have lost just once in the last 17 games in all competitions ?

Its not about not losing......its about winning. 6 Draws in that run. Would gladly have a couple of more losses and a couple of more wins to give us a better position.
Hurst has his detractors because of his "a point wouldnt have been the end of the world" approach and comments, said it again after the Eastleigh game...that kind of talk can get into the mindset of the players...."well if they score in the last seconds to equalise its better than losing".

We have started a winning run now which we need to extend over the next 2/3 league games at least, get the players into a winning habit...not...a not losing habit.  

UTM
Posted by: Abdul19, November 24, 2015, 10:01pm; Reply: 4
3 wins in a row is the encouraging run - and the one we need to extend.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, November 24, 2015, 10:34pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God

Why stop at 17? What's magical or relevant about that number?
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, November 24, 2015, 10:53pm; Reply: 6
Well lets hope people don't stick the verbal boot in on Hurst if we do lose the odd game which WILL happen at some point.

Agree about the draws but luck does play a hand and there were many occasions when with a bit of luck those draws could have been wins but what is done is done.

Next game Kiddiminster I hope we turn up in numbers and get behind the players we need to keep this wining run going.
Posted by: BackHeelTony, November 25, 2015, 12:37pm; Reply: 7
If you look at every league table at the end of the season the team at the top is the team that have lost the fewest games, not drawn the fewest. Long spells unbeaten means success! UTM
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, November 25, 2015, 1:05pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from BackHeelTony
If you look at every league table at the end of the season the team at the top is the team that have lost the fewest games, not drawn the fewest. Long spells unbeaten means success! UTM

Not so, sorry. If you look at the top of the Prem season 2014 Man City, Liverpool and Chelsea all lost 6 games. City drew 5, Liverpool drew 6 and Chelsea drew 7. So at the end of a tight season City won the title by means of turning more draws into wins.

In the same season Leicester won the Championship with 102 points losing 6 games. Burnley were 2nd with 93 points and 5 defeats. Burnley had 15 draws compared to Leicester's 9. This maybe equates more to Town's situation if not turning draws into wins could be the difference between automatic promotion and play offs.
Posted by: GrimRob, November 25, 2015, 1:15pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from mariner paul
Until we get promoted he will always get stick

He'll probably get a lot more stick when we do as we'll lose a lot more regulalrly I should think.
Posted by: excusebeef, November 25, 2015, 1:41pm; Reply: 10
Bristol Rovers drew loads last year didn't they?
Posted by: KingstonMariner, November 26, 2015, 12:59am; Reply: 11
Quoted from excusebeef
Bristol Rovers drew loads last year didn't they?

Maybe. But they were talking about trends and tendancies.
Posted by: Jaws, November 26, 2015, 11:20am; Reply: 12
Quoted from BackHeelTony

Normally those with the most points end up top, last time I checked 3 points is more than 1.
Posted by: BackHeelTony, November 26, 2015, 1:05pm; Reply: 13
Which ever way we look at it were probably going to  need over 90 points to win the league. I reckon if we can manage about 8 more points in the second half of the season than the first half we'll be champions!
Print page generated: May 8, 2024, 3:16am