Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Rick12, November 28, 2015, 11:17pm
Huge respect .So many doubters yet proved them all wrong.
Posted by: grimsby pete, November 29, 2015, 2:49pm; Reply: 1
Yes well done big fella,

David Haye says he can beat you though. ;)
Posted by: Rick12, November 29, 2015, 7:51pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from grimsby pete
Yes well done big fella,

David Haye says he can beat you though. ;)
Cant see it Pete.Haye even said himself prior to the Klitschko Fury Fight that he wasnt prepared to fight Fury just so he could give him a big pay day !!!!!!  Seems like Tyson has proved a lot of people wrong in beating Klitschko and now the ball is firmly in Tysons court as opposed to Hayes which Iam pleased about.Haye for me in the Vitali fight cowered somewhat whereas Tyson fought with courage last night
Posted by: grimsby pete, November 30, 2015, 4:20pm; Reply: 3
Didn't Haye say he had a broken toe when he took on Klitschko ?

I do agree with you that Fury will have too much for Haye,

Not that I think Haye will get a chance to get in the ring with him.
Posted by: Rick12, November 30, 2015, 5:37pm; Reply: 4
He did say that Pete about the toe thing to be fair . However shame he didnt fight Tyson though and hope one day the fight does come of though according to the Fury camp they feel as if Haye has messed them about and dont want to give him another chance.

Personally love what Tyson achieved on Saturday though.As he said came from nothing to something and achieved his dream of becoming world champ
Posted by: Marinerz93, November 30, 2015, 9:42pm; Reply: 5
A great win for Tyson but dropping your guard like that is asking to be KO'd.  Tyson can't fight the same way next time against Vitali, one slip up and it's good night.

Tyson also needs to lower some of those cross shots, they skipped Vitali's head all too often. I'd also like to see more upper cuts from Tyson, he got Vitali with a couple of crackers.

Great energy for the big man working the outside of the ring and ropes to his advantage then switching styles to stop Vitali working out a pattern in movement.

Finally, no more singing
Posted by: pizzzza, December 1, 2015, 9:12am; Reply: 6
Quoted from Marinerz93
A great win for Tyson but dropping your guard like that is asking to be KO'd.  Tyson can't fight the same way next time against Vitali, one slip up and it's good night.

Tyson also needs to lower some of those cross shots, they skipped Vitali's head all too often. I'd also like to see more upper cuts from Tyson, he got Vitali with a couple of crackers.

Great energy for the big man working the outside of the ring and ropes to his advantage then switching styles to stop Vitali working out a pattern in movement.

Finally, no more singing

I know they look similar but it was Wlad not Vitali  ;)
Posted by: Marinerz93, December 1, 2015, 7:52pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from pizzzza

I know they look similar but it was Wlad not Vitali  ;)

I stand for 8, corrected  ;)
Posted by: Biccys, December 2, 2015, 3:23pm; Reply: 8
Anthony Joshua would beat Fury and David Haye on the same night , at the same time. That boys got a biiiiig future.
Posted by: cmackenzie4, December 2, 2015, 3:33pm; Reply: 9
I agree about A Joshua, he's a fantastic talent and will look forward to seeing him progress, not many will be able to stand his power, what I also like about him he has a fantastic attitude and very humble lad.
Posted by: Rick12, December 2, 2015, 5:34pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from Marinerz93

Finally, no more singing
:) Different I give him that

Quoted from Biccys
Anthony Joshua would beat Fury and David Haye on the same night , at the same time. That boys got a biiiiig future.
I dont know.I thought Klitschko would beat Tyson albeit in a tight contest and to be fair to Tyson impressed me greatly and showed  many others how good he can be.With Joshua a Fury fight would be a great fight and a even better one I feel than the Klitschko fight.However given what Tyson achieved Saturday night nothing surprises me now with him and I wouldn't be that surprised (far less prior to  Klitschko) if he beats Joshua.
Posted by: moosey_club, December 3, 2015, 7:51pm; Reply: 11
Well sounds as though the rematch is back on, hopefully Fury will dispatch him again and the Heavyweight division can put the Klitscho years behind it. As much as i like Haye i dont like comebacks, you retired... so retire, same goes for Froch, just let it go.

I assume its an ego thing, someone else doing or holding what you once had, leaving you feeling forgotten and pushed aside. Even Lennox Lewis had a chip at Fury the other night...something along the lines of "i hope he can do it....but if he does he still wouldnt have achieved the undisputed tag" ..
Posted by: Marinerz93, December 4, 2015, 9:29pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from moosey_club
Well sounds as though the rematch is back on, hopefully Fury will dispatch him again and the Heavyweight division can put the Klitscho years behind it. As much as i like Haye i dont like comebacks, you retired... so retire, same goes for Froch, just let it go.

I assume its an ego thing, someone else doing or holding what you once had, leaving you feeling forgotten and pushed aside. Even Lennox Lewis had a chip at Fury the other night...something along the lines of "i hope he can do it....but if he does he still wouldnt have achieved the undisputed tag" ..

That was from Fury having a go at a lot of retired boxers and he slated Lewis as a 'has been'. Lewis had a go back and then offered his dad to fight him bare knuckle.
Posted by: Trawler, December 8, 2015, 8:34pm; Reply: 13
Furious Homophobe? He's not covering himself in glory with the anti-gay/women on their backs stuff - if I was a Sun copywriter I'd come up with a better headline than 'Hell hath no Fury than a homo spurned'.
Posted by: Maringer, December 9, 2015, 8:27am; Reply: 14
I thought this was an amusing comment from a BBC reporter:

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2015/dec/08/bbc-presenter-calls-boxer-tyson-fury-buffoon-on-live-tv
Posted by: Rick12, December 9, 2015, 8:47am; Reply: 15
Quoted from Maringer
Tyson is a bit over the top on Gays I admit but a buffon I wouldent say that.Has shown a lot of guts and dedication to get he where he is now and that deserves a lot of credit in my book.His views on gays although I something I disagree with will be loosely agreed with by many.Eg Ive got Muslim friends for example that if you come out as gay in their country you get beaten up .

At the end of the day though homosexuality is part of the natural order of things (although will always be in the minority)  but when you have children most (including me)  would  rather their kids be straight than gay as most families would want grandchildren.
Posted by: Marinerz93, December 9, 2015, 6:46pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from Rick12
Ive got Muslim friends for example that if you come out as gay in their country you get beaten up .

Unless you live in the Muslim countries below, then gays get the death penalty.

Saudi Arabia
Yemen
Iraq
Iran
Afghanistan
Pakistan
Somalia
Sudan
Nigeria
Mauritania
Posted by: Rick12, December 9, 2015, 7:29pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from Marinerz93

Unless you live in the Muslim countries below, then gays get the death penalty.

Saudi Arabia
Yemen
Iraq
Iran
Afghanistan
Pakistan
Somalia
Sudan
Nigeria
Mauritania
Surprised to be honest  

Posted by: Grim74, December 20, 2015, 9:15pm; Reply: 18
Absolute joke Fury not winning SPOTY hardly surprising the Biased BBC fixing the result if I was Fury I'd boycott future events.
Posted by: ginnywings, December 20, 2015, 11:32pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from Grim74
Absolute joke Fury not winning SPOTY hardly surprising the Biased BBC fixing the result if I was Fury I'd boycott future events.

Of the just over 1 million public votes cast, Murray got 35% and Fury..........err didn't. Are you seriously saying that the BBC rigged the vote? Fury is that popular that he was eclipsed totally by a dour Scot and others. It might have helped his cause if Fury wasn't a gobby nincompoop.
Posted by: Rick12, December 21, 2015, 12:01am; Reply: 20
Quoted from ginnywings

Of the just over 1 million public votes cast, Murray got 35% and Fury..........err didn't. Are you seriously saying that the BBC rigged the vote? Fury is that popular that he was eclipsed totally by a dour Scot and others. It might have helped his cause if Fury wasn't a gobby nincompoop.
For sporting achievement hands down in my book deserved to win.Let himself down though with his initial hardline extreme views on gays though(eg equated gays to peadophilia and abortion and wanted them all banned).
Posted by: ginnywings, December 21, 2015, 1:22am; Reply: 21
Quoted from Rick12
For sporting achievement hands down in my book deserved to win.Let himself down though with his initial hardline extreme views on gays though(eg equated gays to peadophilia and abortion and wanted them all banned).

The public at large thought otherwise. I'm not a fan of Boxing or Tennis but i think Murray deserved it for his part in winning the Davis Cup after decades. Ironically, Murray is a big boxing fan and watched the fight from his hotel bed in Belgium.

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/blog/2015/nov/30/andy-murray-davis-cup-british-sporting-legend

Posted by: Maringer, December 21, 2015, 8:30am; Reply: 22
The public didn't want to vote for a sharp object even though he is good at boxing. Seems fair enough to me.

Disclaimer: SPOTY is a programme I have never, ever watched or had the slightest interest in seeing - I literally can't see the point of giving some sportsfolk a gong for doing their jobs. There is always something more interesting to watch on at the same time.
Posted by: jonnyboy82, December 21, 2015, 10:28am; Reply: 23
I voted for tyson fury and he deserved it hands down , what he did by going over to germany and beating the undisputed heavyweight champion for the last 10 years might not be ever done again.

Was predictable that scotlands andy murray would win though as everyone loves a boring good boy But not one who doesnt follow the sheep.
Posted by: Rick12, December 21, 2015, 10:54am; Reply: 24
Quoted from jonnyboy82
I voted for tyson fury and he deserved it hands down , what he did by going over to germany and beating the undisputed heavyweight champion for the last 10 years might not be ever done again.

Like you voted for Fury as well and agree entirely with the above.Having said that though the award ceremony was quite good though the actual results when it comes down to the public vote looses credibility .I remember when Zarah Phillips won it ahead of Calzaghe around 4 years ago and ever since then I never saw it in the same light (Talk sport done a phone in over it as well claiming it was a ridiculous decision to award it to Zarah Phillips over Calzaghe who in truth no doubt worked a lot harder both physically and mentally to get where he got eg boxing is one of the toughest sports out there if not the toughest).
Posted by: Grim74, December 21, 2015, 2:39pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from Rick12
Like you voted for Fury as well and agree entirely with the above.Having said that though the award ceremony was quite good though the actual results when it comes down to the public vote looses credibility .I remember when Zarah Phillips won it ahead of Calzaghe around 4 years ago and ever since then I never saw it in the same light (Talk sport done a phone in over it as well claiming it was a ridiculous decision to award it to Zarah Phillips over Calzaghe who in truth no doubt worked a lot harder both physically and mentally to get where he got eg boxing is one of the toughest sports out there if not the toughest).

And yet people still believe that the political correct guardianistas at the BBC wouldn't rig the vote 😏
Posted by: Rick12, December 21, 2015, 3:59pm; Reply: 26
Quoted from Grim74

And yet people still believe that the political correct guardianistas at the BBC wouldn't rig the vote 😏
Youve got a point Grim  ;)   which is why (apart from the extreme views on gays and disrespect to women) I liked Fury.Says it how it is and theres a honesty there which I like.Look at how he fought against Klitschko for one.Didnt hide and backed up his word.Gutsy performer for me which is something I admire.
Posted by: Grim74, December 21, 2015, 5:51pm; Reply: 27
It's a disgrace we had Lennox Lewis who won it for beating up a washed up Evander Holyfield, but then he would fit in with the BBC agenda, Tyson Fury was a massive underdog yet he went over there and outboxed a seemingly unbeatable champion in his own back yard.
So for me Fury should of won the award by a mile but he didn't receive it because he shares the same views as the Pope! I don't agree with what he says but he has every right to say it.
Posted by: Marinerz93, December 22, 2015, 12:08am; Reply: 28
Tyson although achieving what some thought would be the impossible has let the media milk him for the wrong reasons. He should have been talking about how hard he had to work to get to where he is today instead of playing up to the media with his personal views, he would have won easily.
Posted by: Rick12, December 23, 2015, 12:17am; Reply: 29
Quoted from Marinerz93
Tyson although achieving what some thought would be the impossible has let the media milk him for the wrong reasons. He should have been talking about how hard he had to work to get to where he is today instead of playing up to the media with his personal views, he would have won easily.
Yes agree completly with the above.Quite sorry for him to be honest when he didnt even make the podium(pleasing though despite all the critics was only 7000 votes away from claiming third).
Posted by: Marinerz93, December 23, 2015, 2:05pm; Reply: 30
Quoted from Rick12
Yes agree completly with the above.Quite sorry for him to be honest when he didnt even make the podium(pleasing though despite all the critics was only 7000 votes away from claiming third).

Tyson, I don't think is 100% guilty of his own personal thoughts sideshow, I think his dad has fuelled a lot of it because of his back ground and down to the type of person he is, someone who bares a grudge and a 'Ronnie Pickering' if you like.
Posted by: Marinerz93, December 23, 2015, 2:49pm; Reply: 31
It makes you wonder Rick how the media has changed, actually leading people to how they want them to react.

Take Ali, a very vocal boxer who openly insulted his opponents, the racial slurs 'Uncle Tom', one of the worst things you could call a black person back in those days. How would that be targeted today, especially as Ali was a Muslim, would he have the same influence over the media?, I doubt it.

Take the fight between Ali and Frazer, the first one, with today's media who would get the media's backing, Humble, hard working and fairly quiet Joe or a Muslim with racist slurs Mohammed Ali.

The media have picked at Tyson Fury for their own agenda, to get as much out of him as they can.  They fail to capitalise on the other story that could have influenced or inspired the younger generation.
Posted by: Grim74, December 23, 2015, 7:28pm; Reply: 32
Quoted from Marinerz93
It makes you wonder Rick how the media has changed, actually leading people to how they want them to react.

Take Ali, a very vocal boxer who openly insulted his opponents, the racial slurs 'Uncle Tom', one of the worst things you could call a black person back in those days. How would that be targeted today, especially as Ali was a Muslim, would he have the same influence over the media?, I doubt it.

Take the fight between Ali and Frazer, the first one, with today's media who would get the media's backing, Humble, hard working and fairly quiet Joe or a Muslim with racist slurs Mohammed Ali.

The media have picked at Tyson Fury for their own agenda, to get as much out of him as they can.  They fail to capitalise on the other story that could have influenced or inspired the younger generation.

Ali had far worse views than anything Tyson Fury has said, Here's one of his quotes..

“All Jews and gentiles are devils… Blacks are no devils… Everything black people doing wrong comes from (the white people): Drinking, smoking, prostitution, homosexuality, stealing, gambling: It all comes from (the white people)”

And yet Ali was presented with the BBC’s Sports Personality of the Century in 1999 but there were no petitions to have him removed, there were no threats from other athletes not to attend and no condemnation in the media.
Why was this? Because he’s a Muslim? Because he’s black? Or maybe because he’s old and has Parkinson’s disease? the Liberal hypocrisy concerning the treatment of Fury and Ali stinks.

Posted by: grimsby pete, December 23, 2015, 7:39pm; Reply: 33
Quoted from Marinerz93

Tyson, I don't think is 100% guilty of his own personal thoughts sideshow, I think his dad has fuelled a lot of it because of his back ground and down to the type of person he is, someone who bares a grudge and a 'Ronnie Pickering' if you like.

Who ??      ;D
Posted by: Marinerz93, December 23, 2015, 9:09pm; Reply: 34
Quoted from Grim74

Ali had far worse views than anything Tyson Fury has said, Here's one of his quotes..

“All Jews and gentiles are devils… Blacks are no devils… Everything black people doing wrong comes from (the white people): Drinking, smoking, prostitution, homosexuality, stealing, gambling: It all comes from (the white people)”

And yet Ali was presented with the BBC’s Sports Personality of the Century in 1999 but there were no petitions to have him removed, there were no threats from other athletes not to attend and no condemnation in the media.
Why was this? Because he’s a Muslim? Because he’s black? Or maybe because he’s old and has Parkinson’s disease? the Liberal hypocrisy concerning the treatment of Fury and Ali stinks.

Liberal media or just liberals, personally I say the way the media reports has changed and what they do to keep unworthy news going. What is interesting about Ali is that he was driven to Islam because of how blacks were treated in America.

Although he contradicts himself he does make some great points.

[youtube]x7YF58ygric[/youtube]
Posted by: Marinerz93, December 24, 2015, 10:28am; Reply: 35
Quoted from grimsby pete

Who ??      ;D

;D

I thought you'd pick up on that Pete  ;)
Posted by: Rick12, December 24, 2015, 11:00am; Reply: 36
Quoted from Marinerz93

Yes I  think its a shame how much influence the media wields in today's society though and ultimately like you have pointed out their agenda is primarily one of profit.There just people like me and you but are just in a position to wield their opinion via the press in whatever form be it print or electronically.

I like Fury am Roman Catholic and feel essentially that my religion taps into something real and positive eg Jesus message of goodness .Fury though has took that to the extreme and said things which were out of order and deserves rightly some of the criticism which has been aimed at him.However hope he learns for the better(and the signs are that he has) because underneath it all is someone I admire.Eg what he done in Germany against the big Russian impressed me greatly.
Posted by: Marinerz93, December 24, 2015, 8:06pm; Reply: 37
Quoted from Rick12
Yes I  think its a shame how much influence the media wields in today's society though and ultimately like you have pointed out their agenda is primarily one of profit.There just people like me and you but are just in a position to wield their opinion via the press in whatever form be it print or electronically.

I like Fury am Roman Catholic and feel essentially that my religion taps into something real and positive eg Jesus message of goodness .Fury though has took that to the extreme and said things which were out of order and deserves rightly some of the criticism which has been aimed at him.However hope he learns for the better(and the signs are that he has) because underneath it all is someone I admire.Eg what he done in Germany against the big Russian impressed me greatly.

Hopefully you are right Rick and he has learned from it.  How he won and the work building up to it deserved more air time.
Print page generated: May 7, 2024, 3:56pm