Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: MuddyWaters, February 9, 2016, 10:13pm
Looking essential now, for whatever reason Bogle has stopped scoring, we are all aware of JPs injury record and our winning run was over reliant on Podge, time for a reinforcement.
Posted by: grimsby pete, February 9, 2016, 10:14pm; Reply: 1
One is on his way mate, 8)
Posted by: ginnywings, February 9, 2016, 10:15pm; Reply: 2
We've needed one all season IMO.
Posted by: chaos33, February 9, 2016, 10:16pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from ginnywings
We've needed one all season IMO.

This. Nothing has changed.
Posted by: Hagrid, February 9, 2016, 10:17pm; Reply: 4
Gotta ask yourself who's going to come though. I cant see the front 2 being split up and despite his injury record i think JPP is probably our best striker. Someone like alabi would have been perfect- hopefullY hurst finds someone
Posted by: Mariner_09, February 9, 2016, 10:18pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from grimsby pete
One is on his way mate, 8)

Do you know who?
Posted by: grimsby pete, February 9, 2016, 10:21pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from Mariner_09

Do you know who?

No  ;D
Posted by: HertsGTFC, February 9, 2016, 10:26pm; Reply: 7
Yup, PH has a dilemma for Saturday now JP or Omar?
Posted by: ginnywings, February 9, 2016, 10:27pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from Hagrid
Gotta ask yourself who's going to come though. I cant see the front 2 being split up and despite his injury record i think JPP is probably our best striker. Someone like alabi would have been perfect- hopefullY hurst finds someone

I can. Bogle isn't scoring and we are at the excrement or bust stage now. Besides, i honestly believe Bogle would not have played as many games as he has, if we'd managed to sign an experienced 4th striker. He had to start the season as we had no-one else and he got off to a flyer, so rightly kept his spot but he has been found wanting as the season has got tougher. I think he was brought in to develop over the season but needs must as him and Podge were sometimes the only fit strikers.
Posted by: Rik e B, February 9, 2016, 10:32pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from Hagrid
JPP is probably our best striker.

Now I'm a big fan of the Pope, when he's fully firing he looks a class above but unfortunately he's forever either out or coming back to full fitness. Podge has the hard stats to take that accolade... for me. I.e. stick g it in the onion bag  :)

Posted by: Hagrid, February 9, 2016, 10:34pm; Reply: 10
Very fair point ginny, but bogle and podge have struck up an understanding with each other and personally not sure giving podge a new partner up top would be the wisest thing-  of course it did work last year with Palmer and LJL. But for me, i wouldnt want us to sign a striker who at this stage of the season more than likely isnt going to match fit or ready to join a side going for promotion and split up a front 2 who for me work well together
Posted by: MuddyWaters, February 9, 2016, 10:38pm; Reply: 11
For all the hype when he signed, I've been very disappointed with Omar and listening to RH tonight and his attitude, even more so. Now his goal return has dried up, he's turned into a low grade Lennie, I shudder to think how many Podge would have scored off a decent target man.
Posted by: ginnywings, February 9, 2016, 11:14pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from Hagrid
Very fair point ginny, but bogle and podge have struck up an understanding with each other and personally not sure giving podge a new partner up top would be the wisest thing-  of course it did work last year with Palmer and LJL. But for me, i wouldnt want us to sign a striker who at this stage of the season more than likely isnt going to match fit or ready to join a side going for promotion and split up a front 2 who for me work well together

An 'if it aint broke don't fix it' attitude is all well and good but to be the best, you have to be ruthless and keep improving. An experienced target man would soon form an understanding with Podge i think and give us something different.
Posted by: Balthazar Bullitt, February 9, 2016, 11:20pm; Reply: 13
[quote]For all the hype when he signed, I've been very disappointed with Omar and listening to RH tonight and his attitude, even more so. Now his goal return has dried up, he's turned into a low grade Lennie, I shudder to think how many Podge would have scored off a decent target man.[\quote]

And I thought Frank Carson was dead. It's the way you tell 'email  :P
Posted by: PPMariner, February 9, 2016, 11:56pm; Reply: 14
JPP is not our best striker, Podge is.
Posted by: barralad, February 10, 2016, 3:00am; Reply: 15
Quoted from PPMariner

This:- with bells on. A bizarre statement Mr Hagrid... :-/
Posted by: cmackenzie4, February 10, 2016, 6:29am; Reply: 16
Have to agree, Amond is easily our best striker imo, he's probably the best striker we've had in years, a natural goal scorer.
Posted by: jamesgtfc, February 10, 2016, 6:34am; Reply: 17
A fully fit JPP is a great player but I just don't think he has a full schedule in him. As an impact player who does 30mins here and the odd 60mims I believe you would get more from him and minimise the risk of his glass legs breaking.
Posted by: pontoonlew, February 10, 2016, 7:29am; Reply: 18
Bogle has stopped scoring but I think we can put a lot of Podges goals down to Bogles work. I honestly believe Podge would be on less goals now if he wasn't up top with him.
Posted by: Mariner93er, February 10, 2016, 7:38am; Reply: 19
I completely agree pontoonlew. Bogles seems to draw defenders to him opening up space for podge
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, February 10, 2016, 9:35am; Reply: 20
Quoted from PPMariner

I agree, but when JPP is fully fit, he could play and score on league 2 easily
Posted by: Garth, February 10, 2016, 10:15am; Reply: 21
TBH  Omar is a confidence player and you cannot say he`s not a trier, the fact that he is the second highest goal scorer behind Podge says it all for me, he will come good again soon I`m sure,  but until then we need another alternative to the pope to enable competition and also a safety net for possible injuries,
Print page generated: April 28, 2024, 10:36am