Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: chaos33, February 13, 2016, 7:14pm
Worse than Straker and Horwood?
Posted by: Mariner Ronnie, February 13, 2016, 7:17pm; Reply: 1
Based on 20 minutes of  watching straker playing, definitely worse!

Really?!
Posted by: Garth, February 13, 2016, 7:31pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from Mariner Ronnie

Really?!

He came on with twenty to go on the right wing ( he`s normally a left sided player) then was shunted to left back in his first match in a new team that was playing like strangers, not a time to form any judgement of a new player
Posted by: jonnyboy82, February 13, 2016, 7:37pm; Reply: 3
At least straker tried to take his man on twice he just forgot to take the ball with him.
Posted by: cmackenzie4, February 13, 2016, 7:39pm; Reply: 4
I also noticed that Straker lost the ball on the right hand side outside the 18 yd box and did not try to win it back - did anyone else notice that?  I hope that's not a sign of things to come.
Posted by: jonnyboy82, February 13, 2016, 7:43pm; Reply: 5
An idle player chris, was told he is a very lazy player and even in the warm up his body language was not exactly positive.

Well we will see.
Posted by: chaos33, February 13, 2016, 7:43pm; Reply: 6

Really?!

Do you mean East is definitely worse than Straker?
Posted by: Abdul19, February 13, 2016, 7:44pm; Reply: 7
A player as versatile as East should always be on the bench.
Posted by: Mariner Ronnie, February 13, 2016, 7:51pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from chaos33

Do you mean East is definitely worse than Straker?

No I meant your post was ridiculous to judge a player by watching him for 20 minutes.
Posted by: jonnyboy82, February 13, 2016, 8:00pm; Reply: 9
Ronnie about 20 york fans have said the same thing about him in his overall play.

I know exactly what you mean about not judging until we see him but i will take other fans opinions on board.

Its ok when its all positive and fine and dandy but sometimes a player turns out to be excatly what he has been at his previous clubs.
Posted by: cmackenzie4, February 13, 2016, 8:02pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from Abdul19
A player as versatile as East should always be on the bench.

Totally agree with this Abdul, he's a cracking player for this league, unless he's injured surely he should at least make the bench.
Posted by: chaos33, February 13, 2016, 8:06pm; Reply: 11

No I meant your post was ridiculous to judge a player by watching him for 20 minutes.

I'm not judging a player. I'm asking a question. I haven't expressed an opinion.
You might want to edit your post.
Posted by: Mariner Ronnie, February 13, 2016, 8:11pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from jonnyboy82
Ronnie about 20 york fans have said the same thing about him in his overall play.

I know exactly what you mean about not judging until we see him but i will take other fans opinions on board.

Its ok when its all positive and fine and dandy but sometimes a player turns out to be excatly what he has been at his previous clubs.

Let's just wait and see, he may be another Nolan.
Posted by: blasty, February 13, 2016, 8:14pm; Reply: 13
Another Nolan? Really????
Posted by: Mariner Ronnie, February 13, 2016, 8:21pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from blasty
Another Nolan? Really????

In terms of not judging a book by its cover, we wasn't over exuberant about him coming, but he turned out to be not a bad signing at the mo. The same should apply to straker. Give him another game or too before we write him off, or in :)
Posted by: jonnyboy82, February 13, 2016, 8:22pm; Reply: 15
Kin ell another nolan ?

I love it all of a sudden nolan has turned us into this dynamic team, what has he done to make him this brilliant player.

Genuine question , why is nolan getting all this praise ,has he done owt clay cant do.

Its not exactly that he has made us win 4 on the trot is it ?

I think you and a few others need to actually bring yourselves into reality that he aint ran the show.
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, February 13, 2016, 8:29pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from jonnyboy82
Kin ell another nolan ?

I love it all of a sudden nolan has turned us into this dynamic team, what has he done to make him this brilliant player.

Genuine question , why is nolan getting all this praise ,has he done owt clay cant do.

I think you and a few others need to actually bring yourselves into reality that he aint ran the show.

I agree. We looked like a more solid team with Clay. We kept the ball better too. Very unlucky to lose his place.
Posted by: ginnywings, February 13, 2016, 8:44pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from jonnyboy82
Kin ell another nolan ?

Yes.
Print page generated: May 7, 2024, 8:29am