Question of the Week
How much would you accept for Omar Bogle?
Away Fans FAQ
By: Rob Sedgwick
Here are the really basic questions that nearly all away fans contemplating visiting Blundell Park always ask. Everyone wants to know how to get to the ground, where Grimsby is, how to get tickets and how much they cost.
- Where is Grimsby exactly?
- What county is Grimsby located in? It's in Yorkshire isn't it?
- Where can I see a street map of the area around Blundell Park?
- How do I get to Blundell Park by road?
- What is the nearest train station to Blundell Park?
- Is it possible to fly to Grimsby?
- Where can I get tickets for GTFC games?
- Are concessions available?
- Where is the best place online to get news of what is happening during Mariners games?
- What is the best pub for away fans?
- Where can I get a list of hotels and B&B in the Grimsby area?
This is a perennial "old chestnut" that all exiled Grimbarians seem to get asked.
The fact of the matter is that Grimsby is in North East Lincolnshire.
Before that Grimsby was in South Humberside (which no longer exists).
Originally Grimsby was part of Lincolnshire until the infamous county boundary changes of 1974 cast it into the much hated Humberside area.
You may still, however, notice use of the word "Humberside" around (e.g. Radio Humberside, the local BBC radio station, which serves the Grimsby, Scunthorpe and Hull areas). At any rate it never has been and never will be part of Yorkshire.
The Rutland Arms on Rutland Street (next to Ramsdens, heading away from Cleethorpes front, towards Grimsby) is known to be "away-fan-friendly".
Have a look at: This List
This site is by the fans, for the fans, and we will consider articles on any subject relating to the Mariners whether it be related to current news, a nostalgic look back in the past, a story about a player, a game or games in the past, something about Blundell Park or football in general. Click here to submit your article!
|Asante and Osborne||64||Mikoo||18/01 23:55|
|Our Midfield||46||grimsby pete||18/01 23:26|
|3 new signings||18||The Singing Fisherman||18/01 22:47|
|Hignett sacked by Hartlepool||22||wormy||18/01 22:08|
|Imps vs Ipswich Predictions||153||1mickylyons||18/01 21:55|
|New Fishy Pontoon Buster Game||18||Les Brechin||18/01 21:08|
|Change/add-a-letter/remove-one Word Game thread...||25,173||Biccys||18/01 21:01|
|Word Association Game||37,631||topuphere666||18/01 21:00|
|Sam Jones, Asante and Osborne||185||The Old Codger||18/01 20:50|
|FA Cup 3rd Round 1928/29||9||Les Brechin||18/01 19:48|
News | Features | Submit Article | |