4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
ginnywings
January 1, 2019, 3:28pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 537
Disappointing and frustrating that we build up the momentum to a big crowd, and then lose, which seems to be the way with Town, but that is my heart talking.

My head says we were beaten by a side that look as good as any i have seen here for a while, especially at he back, where they were quick, strong and very organised, keeping us mostly at arms length. Their right back was exceptional and looked a couple of divisions lower than his ability, but the whole back four of theirs were very good i thought.

In contrast, our back four looked like it was, makeshift, and we gave away a very soft goal. Macca made some more cracking stops to keep the score down, but for me, they were always just a shade better than us and deserved to win the game.

We had some good moments, and the effort was there, but ultimately, it was a game too far for a depleted squad. Think Mansfield will go up, so no great shame in losing to them. Thought their support was rather tame considering where they are in the league, and hopefully, we can progress in time to the level of their team.

I think Clifton looks better and better every time i see him and he had a great second half, but ultimately, we couldn't get behind them enough to cause too many problems for them.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Abdul19
January 1, 2019, 3:31pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.42
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,449
Gold Stars: 213
No shame in losing today, just lost to the better side. Thought their number 5 was very solid. 9 points from 12 is still an excellent Christmas/NY return. Hopefully we get some defenders (back) soon.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 38
kamakazebear
January 1, 2019, 3:38pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +17 / -5
Approval: +457
Hope they go up so I don't have to hear that awful yellow chant for at least another year
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 38
ginnywings
January 1, 2019, 3:40pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 537
Forgot to mention the member end of a ref. The worst type of "look at me" official. Not blaming him for our defeat at all, but he was terrible. Did everything in slow motion and with exaggerated posturing, but got loads wrong as well.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 38
hheh2
January 1, 2019, 3:41pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +759
Gold Stars: 4
Only a goal in it and the stats are even considering we had no centre backs we performed well against top side of the league

Poojah's fishy
[img]https://image.ibb.co/dgpebm/Dascyllus_melanurus_1.jpg[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 38
hampshiremariner
January 1, 2019, 3:48pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +1,005
Gold Stars: 35
We had games two tough games before-Port Vale (a) and Exeter (a) and then being scheduled  to play  lunch time was a very big ask. Very little recovery time and a lot of travelling as well. A physio has told me that even an extra 12 hours can make a difference to recovery for these lads. The Christmas programme is a killer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 38
Mikey_345
January 1, 2019, 3:51pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +11 / -1
Approval: +5,255
Gold Stars: 95
Had to end sometime but no less disappointing.

Given the travelling of late (still think it’s scandalous our away fixtures this festive period) and the mounting injuries I’m still feeling very positive, certainly can’t fault the effort.

Obviously Hendrie and RHJ aren’t CB’s but I thought they did well filling in and didn’t let us down. Impressed we tried to play our way back into the game.

One thing I would say about Embleton, other than we need to secure him for the season and he’s a very good player, is that I wish (just sometimes) he’d release the ball a touch quicker either to shoot or pass.  He’ll learn that with time, still young.

Macca made his obligatory top class save as well and the red the less that’s said the better....

Hopefully we can get a few back and go again after Palace.

All Town aren’t we

@GTFCLondon

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 38
grimsby pete
January 1, 2019, 3:51pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
Quoted from hampshiremariner
We had games two tough games before-Port Vale (a) and Exeter (a) and then being scheduled  to play  lunch time was a very big ask. Very little recovery time and a lot of travelling as well. A physio has told me that even an extra 12 hours can make a difference to recovery for these lads. The Christmas programme is a killer.

Spot on Mansfield had 2 home games over Christmas then a short trip to us,

Not really fair on us.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 38
Cloudy
January 1, 2019, 3:53pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Bit harsh on the lads imo Ginny.

Bishop could well have seen red before he scored which was well worked with the modern day ‘blocking off’. Considering our make shift defence thought we coped pretty well, RHJ in particular sticking to his task admirably.
Central midfield all did well. Embleton as ever looking our best bet to create or score especially in the first 10 mins of 2nd half, Clifton is so full of energy and Hess vastly underestimated by many.
Cardwell and Pringle offered little and Wes was well marshalled but his touch wasn’t as sharp as usual.

Mansfield are a side which many would see as typical league 2. Big big side.They have underperformed considering the huge investment by their owner but I expect them to take one of the automatic places come season end
Most on here say if the team gives their all they are happy. On that basis I can’t be too critical because effort and desire was certainly evident

UTM
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 38
promotion plaice
January 1, 2019, 3:53pm

Posts Per Day: 3.84
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,953
Gold Stars: 188

If Thomas had managed to put that early chance away who knows what could have happened but no shame in losing to them.

Though the ref gave us very little but maybe I am too biased towards Town !!!

Agree with Ginny that Clifton seems to get better with every game.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 38
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.