Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back (Bradford)
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 187 Guests

Just Back (Bradford)

This thread currently has 22,465 views. Print
9 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
promotion plaice
August 10, 2019, 3:40pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,996
Gold Stars: 193

Someone has to start it  

Great performance by us today, we should have come away with three points.

I don't know if it was us being good or Bradford being poor but I was expecting better from them.

Early days but we look to have improved a fair bit from last season....  UTM

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
mariner tommy
August 10, 2019, 3:44pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.18
Rep Score: +12 / -5
Approval: +1,870
Gold Stars: 12
Thoroughly enjoyed that, a good all round performance in which every player put a shift in.
Long may it continue.
And the atmosphere was superb.

UTM

"Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its students."  ..Hector Berlioz, 1856.
                                   “I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"  ...Voltaire, 1694-1778

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 85
sonofmadeleymariner
August 10, 2019, 3:46pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +19 / -10
Approval: +1,452
Gold Stars: 37
Agree we should of won today but the footballing gods had already decided otherwise, but I would like to say had we played that game last season we wouldn't of even got a draw. Decent attacking football played, direct and purposeful without being constant hoofball again.

We defended well and Macca didn't have too much to do but when called on Macca was Macca, but at times we went back to that old habbit of defending too deep and too flat.

I thought both subs did well when they came on and Ogbu's strength and skill will be a real handful for teams at this level.

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 85
dapperz fun pub
August 10, 2019, 3:48pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,879
Gold Stars: 82
4 points out of 2 games I’d have took that all day long before the season started
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 85
fishyfanny
August 10, 2019, 3:49pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.91
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +1,516
Gold Stars: 15
Very impressed with Hanson, he won everything up front. We look solid at the back and I hope Ohman will recover for the next game. I thought the midfield group covered a lot of ground today as well.
Not at all impressed with Bradford and their fans were pretty quiet too.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 85
MuddyWaters
August 10, 2019, 3:51pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Very enthused after that. The only negative being the injuries, we definitely need a couple more signings.

Great work rate by all, especially Matt Green who I thought was outstanding.
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 85
Badger57
August 10, 2019, 3:53pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +1,894
Gold Stars: 30
Cracking game considering the wind. Defence solid. Hanson and Green outstanding. Great save from Macca. We just need a clever midfielder with a bit of guile and we've got ourselves a very decent team.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 85
Malta_Mariner_90
August 10, 2019, 3:56pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +796
For me from an iFollow perspective average first half with two sides who cancelled each other out though we looked the more likely throughout the half and we did look dangerous at set pieces.

Second half we were a different team from the off. Ogbu and Green using the width much better with Clifton in particular doing well in support from midfield. Then they score from a decent cross to be fair and a good header. But a significant improvement on last season was how we fought back in the game and for 15 mins after they scored we played really well, obviously culminating in the equaliser.

I doubt we will see a side as committed as our own this season. Represented by Ohman having to go off injured after yet again launching his being, with no thought to his own safety, in to the path of a Bradford player. Hope he is ok and it is just a precaution.

Overall I am actually annoyed we did not win, which considering the opposition and where we finished last season is probably a good sign. Roll on Donny next.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 85
The Boys Paddock
August 10, 2019, 4:08pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +0 / -5
Approval: -964
Enough about that to suggest we wont be looking over our shoulder as much this season, but wouldn't go to overboard. The midfield is'nt creative enough for me, and the fitness levels dropped alarmingly  in the last 15.

Hanson looks a handful, and was impressed with Ogbu
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 85
Garth
August 10, 2019, 4:08pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Town were the better side for 80% of the game, Bradford looks ponderous and one or two of them were carrying extra timber, did not think our second goal was offside.
Don't think there's much danger of them being promoted this season
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 85
9 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back (Bradford)

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.