10 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
dicko995
September 25, 2019, 9:44pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: -259
Gold Stars: 21
I am really disappointed in the team sheet, it was a defend set up and we never ever really tried to show Chelsea what we could play like. A massive mistake in tactics from the first minute, How could we ever defend and hope for a chance of a draw for penalties. I feel robbed of £10 to watch my beloved club sit back and be humiliated. And then when Jolley thought about it in the second half, he tries to speed the forward line up, it was so depressing. I admit that the Chelsea club had it wrapped up by half time. Lampard even put youngsters on and it kept us even worse on defending. Fair play to the lads, they kept to a bad plan, but feel really gutted as a supporter when I know the lads can do better. It was obviously a hard call to get a result, but the plan let us 5,000 supporters down. Its going to be a long trek back for us, knowing we could of done better. But lets put this aside and concentrate now for Saturday. Its a bad hiccup, but maybe we can take the medicine and kick off at the weekend and fight for 3 points. Disappointed but always a Black n White.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Hagrid
September 25, 2019, 9:54pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,373
Gold Stars: 532
Yeah tactics were wrong, clifton should never have started and he was at fault for the first. Was great to score but second half poor defending and exhaustion just cost us, we looked dead. Which is a wory with exeter saturday. Couldnt get the atmosphere going we was too spread out as support
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 99
Madeleymariner
September 25, 2019, 9:56pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,050
Gold Stars: 49
Quoted from Hagrid
Yeah tactics were wrong, clifton should never have started and he was at fault for the first. Was great to score but second half poor defending and exhaustion just cost us, we looked dead. Which is a wory with exeter saturday. Couldnt get the atmosphere going we was too spread out as support

Could only hear Town fans on the telly, and fish chant really sounded loud at times.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 99
sonofmadeleymariner
September 25, 2019, 9:58pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +19 / -10
Approval: +1,453
Gold Stars: 37
7-1 loss against what could be a starting 11 in the Prem. Can't complain too much really we gifted the 6 goals between poor defending and exhausted legs. Greens goal for us was magnificent. Like dicko and Hagrid I was disappointed with our choice of tactics as well. We should of just attacked them from the off instead of being so defensive as that never works. Just look at Lincoln and Newports good run against top sides over the last couple years they came about because they played their football and attacked the opposition we never really did today. Town fans were magnificent you could hear them for almost the enite 90 minutes.

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 99
MuddyWaters
September 25, 2019, 10:07pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,235
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from dicko995
I am really disappointed in the team sheet, it was a defend set up and we never ever really tried to show Chelsea what we could play like. A massive mistake in tactics from the first minute, How could we ever defend and hope for a chance of a draw for penalties. I feel robbed of £10 to watch my beloved club sit back and be humiliated. And then when Jolley thought about it in the second half, he tries to speed the forward line up, it was so depressing. I admit that the Chelsea club had it wrapped up by half time. Lampard even put youngsters on and it kept us even worse on defending. Fair play to the lads, they kept to a bad plan, but feel really gutted as a supporter when I know the lads can do better. It was obviously a hard call to get a result, but the plan let us 5,000 supporters down. Its going to be a long trek back for us, knowing we could of done better. But lets put this aside and concentrate now for Saturday. Its a bad hiccup, but maybe we can take the medicine and kick off at the weekend and fight for 3 points. Disappointed but always a Black n White.

Ridiculous post. Massive gulf in class and budget. Maybe you’re unlucky if you’re Jordan Cook but then we could have lost by more.
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 99
promotion plaice
September 25, 2019, 10:10pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,040
Gold Stars: 197

Great Town support tonight, who cares about the score.

Lampard didn't take any chances with the team he put out did he.

First time I've been to Stamford Bridge and the ground is impressive but the Chelsea fans weren't, quiet is the word.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 99
mimma
September 25, 2019, 10:17pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,564
Gold Stars: 78
We were all over the place until Green hit it to score. After that we looked ok until the penalty. Max Wright looked good when he came on.
The gulf in class is immense.  The way they moved us around and picked us off was awesome if painful to watch. They never eased up and put us to the sword.
Town fans were increadable. The noise that we created until the final whistle was incredible.
A word about Chelsea, the ground, the stewards, the facilities are first class. Lot better than it looks on TV.
Overall a great day out, apart from a lunatic in a BMW who hit our coach!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 99
Gaffer58
September 25, 2019, 10:23pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,096
Gold Stars: 31
As said previously, the score is immaterial really, in all seriousness prior to kickoff did anyone really believe we could win. We've been to Stamford Bridge, scored a goal, made anywhere between £120 and £150 grand. Let's enjoy the day, as they don't come around every season, after all we could be in scunny' position.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 99
promotion plaice
September 25, 2019, 10:24pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,040
Gold Stars: 197
Quoted from mimma

Overall a great day out, apart from a lunatic in a BMW who hit our coach!

We were on the coach directly in front of you, didn't see the crash but saw the aftermath.

At least you had a shorter walk to the ground than we did.

Hope it all got sorted.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 99
forza ivano
September 25, 2019, 10:24pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,147
Gold Stars: 265
Yeah definitely  should've gone all out attack coz that way we might have seen a record score.never read so much bollox in my life. Christ we did well to hold them to 7 even playing defensively. They were different class.palace had zaha but they had 6 or 7 who were just as impressive as him. We lost by 6.forest a decent championship side shipped 5 to arsenal last night so lets get a bit of prrspective
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 99
10 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back, or still there

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.