Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back..
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 248 Guests

Just back..

This thread currently has 8,057 views. Print
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Northbank Mariner
October 12, 2019, 5:16pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,446
Gold Stars: 171
Thought I'd start this off tonight .
1- wrong team selection
2- round pegs in square holes.
3- tinkered with a team after Exeter that didn't need to be touched
4- MJ trying too hard and being too clever when he didn't have to be.
5- proves what the majority of us have thought, MJ is a streaky manager.
6- Scunny are closing in on us if we don't find that winning feeling again soon...
Apart from all that, we did okay🤔🤔....
Logged Offline
Private Message
wigworld
October 12, 2019, 5:23pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +32 / -3
Approval: +2,080
Gold Stars: 29
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

4- MJ trying too hard and being too clever when he didn't have to be.

This is the key thing for me. Rather than trying to second guess what the opponents are going to do (which goes disastrously wrong if he doesn't guess right), we should be putting out our best team, with players playing in their best positions.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 1 - 31
grimsbybrown
October 12, 2019, 5:58pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +301
Gold Stars: 2
Quoted from wigworld

This is the key thing for me. Rather than trying to second guess what the opponents are going to do (which goes disastrously wrong if he doesn't guess right), we should be putting out our best team, with players playing in their best positions.

I don't have a problem with a manager adjusting a team to exploit the weaknesses an opposition may have (or counteract their strengths) within an overall plan of how we play.  The issue this season seems to be a tendency to pick the wrong strategy at kick-off and it's only later adjustments that see us get a foothold in a match or begin to dominate.  I think our tendency to concede the first goal(s) shows this.

Just think if we started to get it right from kick-off more often!  Anyway, not sure I can say too much on today, I was relying on John Tondeur for information - respect to those who did make it.  Safe journeys back.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 31
FishOutOfWater
October 12, 2019, 6:21pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,563
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from wigworld

As happened with the Exeter manager a fortnight ago? I understand our selection took him totally by surprise
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 3 - 31
forza ivano
October 12, 2019, 6:24pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,148
Gold Stars: 265
The final 20 minutes when we showed our good side shouldn't mask a bloody awful first hour or so,which was a throw back to the bad old days.lackadaisical, ponderous ,lack of pace, width and creativity we made the worst team in the league look good.gave Stevenage far too much time on the ball. Cuthbert was their mot m ,bossing hansen all game. Green wasn't very good and cook was as anonymous as usual. Midfield lacked creativity, with Robson being disappointing imho. Nobody had a good game apart from the subs who did show some pace and desire.Great goal by Akheem.will be interested to hear what Jolley has to say, but for me it was dire. Just hope he gives the Exeter line up another go ,coz Hansen and green wasn't in the least bit effective today
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 31
MuddyWaters
October 12, 2019, 6:26pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,236
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from forza ivano
The final 20 minutes when we showed our good side shouldn't mask a bloody awful first hour or so,which was a throw back to the bad old days.lackadaisical, ponderous ,lack of pace, width and creativity we made the worst team in the league look good.gave Stevenage far too much time on the ball. Cuthbert was their mot m ,bossing hansen all game. Green wasn't very good and cook was as anonymous as usual. Midfield lacked creativity, with Robson being disappointing imho. Nobody had a good game apart from the subs who did show some pace and desire.Great goal by Akheem.will be interested to hear what Jolley has to say, but for me it was dire. Just hope he gives the Exeter line up another go ,coz Hansen and green wasn't in the least bit effective today

Green and Whitehouse becoming v disappointing.

Private Message
Reply: 5 - 31
October 12, 2019, 6:46pm
Guest User
Another week another bad result - glad I went to watch the Joker
Reply: 6 - 31
chaos33
October 12, 2019, 6:47pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,925
Gold Stars: 356
For me it’s just the crushing f@cking inevitability of the defeat. You look at that game pre kick off and you know it’ll be typical Town - to not really show up and give a team who haven’t won all season their first three points. Every time you get sucked in by the hope that we’ve learned things and moved on, and might be able to challenge for the play offs, good old Town smack you in the face with a same old same old t*rd result that you just knew was coming. Well done Manager and players. Top stuff.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 31
KingstonMariner
October 12, 2019, 6:53pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from 28195
Another week another bad result - glad I went to watch the Joker

We went to watch 11 jokers today

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 31
KingstonMariner
October 12, 2019, 6:55pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
For me it was the lack of any sense of urgency. Even with those players and tactics we could have won if there’d been an offensive spirit which wasn’t there until Rose scored.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 31
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back..

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.