6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Hagrid
October 19, 2019, 5:01pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.79
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +19,988
Gold Stars: 508
Clueless, hopeless monotonous crap. 3 games against 3 average sides including bottom of the league stevenage we have scored 1 conceded 7 and picked up no points. And from the minute we went behidn today i never thought for a moment we’d get back into it. A weird team selection with clifton who has been excrement this season alongside hewitt who does nothing in the middle just screams out no creativity. Vernam and rose not close enough to hanson when he did win a header from our only tactic. Can see why vernam hasnt been playing. Defending was schoolboy like, hendrie at fault for the second with a lazy swing of the boot, no idea whats happened to him. Looked okay at start of 2nd half when we used moses but apart from that we were woeful. And what worries me most is i dont think orient were that good, ffs James alabi outpaced us from our own half. We have problems all over and i sensed a lot of anger from
The crowd today, turning on MJ. Who for all i care can go, i am seeing no improvement whatsoever, fed up of this club amd its inability to move forward.
Logged Online
Private Message
promotion plaice
October 19, 2019, 5:05pm

Posts Per Day: 3.84
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,956
Gold Stars: 189

Thank god there is only one relegation place this season and on that performance I'm not sure we are safe.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 54
Madeleymariner
October 19, 2019, 5:08pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,014
Gold Stars: 49
Shocking, mostly down to Jolly with his poor team selections square pegs, dropping or moving form players and 433 really isn't working either but he keeps going back to it, then after were losing he realises 442 might work.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 54
TownSNAFU5
October 19, 2019, 5:13pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,773
Gold Stars: 41
Sounds like a collective, systematic  failure today.  Very worrying.  All this against mediocre teams,
how bad does this make us?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 54
Madeleymariner
October 19, 2019, 5:16pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,014
Gold Stars: 49
Just looked at the table amazingly we are still only 3 points off the playoffs  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 54
Heisenberg
October 19, 2019, 5:19pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +4,816
Gold Stars: 89
I didn’t go today, and I did expect a defeat, but still, WOW. I’m like others on here, not fussed whether MJ stays now. Dreading the next game I go to......
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 54
Gaffer58
October 19, 2019, 5:35pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,035
Gold Stars: 31
Do we need to get Hanson booked a few times thus incurring a suspension, then we may start playing it on the deck, giving time for the midfield to get into the oppositions penalty area.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 54
Maringer
October 19, 2019, 5:40pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,141
Gold Stars: 180
I'd just like to know what the plan is? Whacking it to Hanson isn't a plan, especially when he's never got anybody close enough to pass it to. It seems more and more hit and hope each week. What do they actually work on in training? It's just a mystery what Jolley is trying to do and the high tempo, attacking game we've been promised certainly doesn't look like it is going to materialise this season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 54
moosey_club
October 19, 2019, 5:42pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,144
Gold Stars: 220
In initial defence of Jolley...
i think everyone expected changes given the no show last time out...5 might have been a suprise but, Gibson back in and Green out were widely called for, as was the lack of width/ pace so Rose and Vernam in again a generally positive idea.  Clifton in after a few games out seemed a suprise as was Hewitt chosen in midfield where he truly has shown little.
However from the off whatever Jolley had tried to do didnt work, none of the midfield 3 seemed clear on what they were doing and Rose and Vernam miles away from Hanson.
Jolley's decisions also not helped by the whole side looking like it was sleepwalking, zero anticipation, minimal desire to want the ball or to win it back when we didnt have possession.

In defence of Jolley again, he identified some of the problems and made subs at half time, Green and especially Ogbu livening things up and in reality we should have been at least back in the game with Hanson, Whitehouse and Rose all having chances during a bright start to the 2nd half. Those chances werent taken and proved costly when we got caught twice after that.

I think today proved a few things;
too many changes are counter productive
Rose should be used as an impact player
Vernam isnt the answer ( i wouldnt be suprised if he goes in Jan )
Hewitt is NOT a midfielder
the quality of the squad is too thin

Three losses on the bounce but still close to the play off's. The last three performances though are a worry as is Jolley's tinkering.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 54
Stadium
October 19, 2019, 5:44pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,913
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from moosey_club
In initial defence of Jolley...
i think everyone expected changes given the no show last time out...5 might have been a suprise but, Gibson back in and Green out were widely called for, as was the lack of width/ pace so Rose and Vernam in again a generally positive idea.  Clifton in after a few games out seemed a suprise as was Hewitt chosen in midfield where he truly has shown little.
However from the off whatever Jolley had tried to do didnt work, none of the midfield 3 seemed clear on what they were doing and Rose and Vernam miles away from Hanson.
Jolley's decisions also not helped by the whole side looking like it was sleepwalking, zero anticipation, minimal desire to want the ball or to win it back when we didnt have possession.

In defence of Jolley again, he identified some of the problems and made subs at half time, Green and especially Ogbu livening things up and in reality we should have been at least back in the game with Hanson, Whitehouse and Rose all having chances during a bright start to the 2nd half. Those chances werent taken and proved costly when we got caught twice after that.

I think today proved a few things;
too many changes are counter productive
Rose should be used as an impact player
Vernam isnt the answer ( i wouldnt be suprised if he goes in Jan )
Hewitt is NOT a midfielder
the quality of the squad is too thin

Three losses on the bounce but still close to the play off's. The last three performances though are a worry as is Jolley's tinkering.

Good post.

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 54
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.