6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
MuddyWaters
January 28, 2020, 10:17pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230
Performance worse than Exeter but great result. Terrible challenge on Hess might mean another midfielder required. Benson impressive on debut, special goal by Chas and good across the back four, especially Luda. Special mentions to Bill for the Jordan Sinnott shirt and Luke Hendrie for a bit of shithousery with Westley who thoroughly deserves to be a non league manager.
Private Message
bigdavemariner
January 28, 2020, 10:24pm
UTM
Lower Findus
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +395
Gold Stars: 4
Was stood waiting for a urine at half time and the paramedics wheeled Hess out on a stretcher. He looked smashed off his mammaries on drugs

Steward was telling anyone that would listen that they think he's broken his collar bone and possibly a rib

Have to see what comes out officially as not sure the steward is best placed to make a medical assessment but Hess didn't look too good. Hope it's not too serious as I do think he's been one of our better players this year

Gary Lump Lump Lump!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 55
Les Brechin
January 28, 2020, 10:26pm

Posts Per Day: 4.19
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,644
Gold Stars: 168
Thought it was probably our worst performance under Ollie but a fantastic result. Their shooting was rather comical.

I see FGR got dicked at home by Carlisle tonight so we need to get a decent result against them on Saturday as they're bang out of form.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 55
grimsby pete
January 28, 2020, 10:27pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
Poor first half but we were 1 up.

A bit better 2 nd half but still a lot of work needed.

Rubbish ref  but at least he was rubbish for both teams.

Cracking goal by Vernam the bright spot of the game.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 55
GtfcGarner
January 28, 2020, 10:34pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +31 / -13
Approval: +1,788
Gold Stars: 26
Agree with you on the performance, looked like only one team wanted to play today though and it shine through in the end my match review:

Macca - Not too troubled tonight some dodgy kicking at times but saves us so many points in a season so can't grumble

Hendrie - Solid tonight although not really troubled glad we got the win for his best mate aswell

Pollock - Not really troubled again was solid enough and had a decent game

Ludvig - Controlled the back 4 for me tonight won everything and was a commanding presence hope we keep him!

Glennon - Love the lad 100% into everything and never shies away. Think he was flagging last 10-15 as their sub that came on had the beating of him but still a very positive game.

Clifton - Won us the penalty which I thought we got lucky for but nearly gave the ball away in a dangerous area at 1-0 for the 3rd week in a row. Would have rested him for Sat had Hess not got injured.

Benson - Looked very very silky with the ball a proper ball player and I think he will get better. Probably our missing link as he's a player that loves being on the ball and switching play.

Vernam - Probably one of the best games I've seen him have for town head down and run at the fullback and he is one very tricky player. Amazing goal which he deserved and got my MOTM

Whitehouse - Looks a totally different player in the hole, always making those late runs and starting to add goals to his game.

Clarke - Waved Hanson away from the penalty and converted it expertly. Was a little quieter today but he can turn a match on its head in a second.

Hanson - Looks fitter, brilliant at winning us the balls and always takes two men out the game. Should of utilised wings more as we always have him as an option.

Subs: Green - Think we will look to move him on sooner than later he will run and run for you but not a footballer for me.

Tilley - Glorious chance to make it 4-1 but didn't get time to do much.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 55
lukeo
January 28, 2020, 10:35pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,304
Gold Stars: 133
Terrible game but in patches we tried to play football but admittedly we wasn't very good at it. Felt the centre backs played well. Very good goal for Charles and the new lads seemed to do ok.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 55
Hagrid
January 28, 2020, 10:37pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.79
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +19,987
Gold Stars: 507
Hansons a very intelligent player, word on number 31 wirh the ponytail for them, how on earth he didnt went 87 mins without a booking i have not a clue. At the officials from minute 1
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 55
monkeyboy
January 28, 2020, 10:39pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -174
Gold Stars: 26
Ohman was great tonight .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 55
Maringer
January 28, 2020, 10:44pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,140
Gold Stars: 180
If the injury to Hessenthaler is as bad as feared, we may well need to get Robson back on loan. Would be happy enough with that, truth be told, though obviously it would be better if Hessenthaler wasn't too badly injured.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 55
LH
January 28, 2020, 10:48pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,389
Gold Stars: 169
Short just back from me tonight cause I’m up quite early for work but were Stevenage the most unprofessional side we’ve faced since being back in the league? Looked pretty competent at 0-0 but 2-0 onwards lost their way, plan and heads on the pitch and on the bench. Good riddance if it is them who go but I can’t see anyone saving them.
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 55
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.