7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
moosey_club
February 8, 2020, 8:18pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,184
Gold Stars: 224
Pretty subdued performance first half,looked like we were purposely playing a bit deeper and Hanson got a bit isolated, never really gained control of the game or built any momentum and allowed them far too much time out wide to put crosses in.

Second half noticeably more on the front foot and livelier, some nice interplay and Vernam, Glennon, Benson all comfortable holding the ball and playing to feet.
Game really opened up and became a bit more end to end but both sides lacking quality in the final third.  

Goal against was sloppy, slow to react to their quick free kick and never recovered, will wait to see the highlights to see how or what the players were complaining about, handball/ offside ?

Good reaction though and Vernam finally making the right decision to put the ball across the goal and again a full back smashing it home and even after that a big scramble were Hanson almost stole all 3 points.

A decent second half performance with some flair and panache at times and some strong performances at the back.

Strangely quiet home crowd i thought given the return of McCall.

Grandin looked comfortable on the ball i thought in his brief cameo, Glennon M.O.M for me.

UTM

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
IlkleyMariner
February 8, 2020, 8:27pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +2,976
Gold Stars: 68
Glenn on was awesome.
Make the most of him this season as he is far too good to play L2.

Most Bradford fans seemed to accept that we deserved a point. Not sure they would have been so generous I'd James Hanson had popped in the winner on the last whistle.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 62
fishcake63
February 8, 2020, 8:28pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,235
Gold Stars: 62
apart from there fluky goal can't remember them opening us up think pollock & waterfall had there strikers in pockets , glennon benson look differant gravy at times good point for us that
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 62
Hagrid
February 8, 2020, 8:30pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,331
Gold Stars: 526
Thought it was offside at the time and now confirms it. Novak is offside hits him goes in. Glennon MOM by a mile, think we left hanson too isolated today but he works his balderdash off. How we didnt score at the end i dont know
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 62
February 8, 2020, 8:42pm
Guest User
They were playing for McCall in the first half and dominated. Second half Town looked the better side and it opened up for both teams, an entertaining game.

The players will take bags of confidence from today and they nearly snatched 3 points but for the clearance off the line literally as the ref blew his whistle.

Should be a good game against Colchester, remember the home game they knocked the ball about well.

As a supporter I felt so proud of the lads they gave everything. Good times for a change UTM. Wish I could say I was proud of our fans but the pyro’s are not welcome, some people suffer from asthma and these clowns should be identified and banned.

Reply: 4 - 62
AussieMariner
February 8, 2020, 8:55pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +13 / -4
Approval: +2,072
Gold Stars: 31
Emotional day for me
Went with a Grimsby mate and a Bradford cousin
My Grimsby connections are on my father’s side but my mother’s family are from Bradford
We had a moment at the memorial which records the death of another cousin and his twin sons in the fire
I’d just like to thank the Mariners team and supporters for representing Grimsby, my father’s and my heritage, so passionately today
It made me proud
The cousin I was with acknowledged it and I know the one that couldn’t be there would have
UTMM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 62
Croxton
February 8, 2020, 8:58pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.75
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,010
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from moosey_club
Pretty subdued performance first half,looked like we were purposely playing a bit deeper and Hanson got a bit isolated, never really gained control of the game or built any momentum and allowed them far too much time out wide to put crosses in.

Second half noticeably more on the front foot and livelier, some nice interplay and Vernam, Glennon, Benson all comfortable holding the ball and playing to feet.
Game really opened up and became a bit more end to end but both sides lacking quality in the final third.  

Goal against was sloppy, slow to react to their quick free kick and never recovered, will wait to see the highlights to see how or what the players were complaining about, handball/ offside ?

Good reaction though and Vernam finally making the right decision to put the ball across the goal and again a full back
smashing it home and even after that a big scramble were Hanson almost stole all 3 points.

A decent second half performance with some flair and panache at times and some strong performances at the back.

Strangely quiet home crowd i thought given the return of McCall.

Grandin looked comfortable on the ball i thought in his brief cameo, Glennon M.O.M for me.

UTM

Good summary. would just add that, without Max, Hendrie should have licence to continue his runs into the last third and win more corners throws etc.  First half, he looked round for support when he could have stretched their full back. Delighted he got the goal.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 62
pontoonlew
February 8, 2020, 9:02pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -15
Approval: +8,812
Gold Stars: 167
Less said about the first half the better, really poor.

Second half was a proper good game of football from both sides. Glennon is unbelievably good, for me he’s the best left back we’ve had in years, better than Townsend. Worst I’ve seen Hanson but he’s offered a lot since he came back. Clifton was our weak link (hate to say it) and he really needs to step it up to stay in this team. We’re all willing him to do well but he was well off the pace today.

The scenes for the equaliser were great, it’s finally fun to watch us again and it’s great. Could and should have won it at the end.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 62
GollyGTFC
February 8, 2020, 9:18pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,979
Gold Stars: 356
Quoted from Hagrid
Thought it was offside at the time and now confirms it. Novak is offside hits him goes in. Glennon MOM by a mile, think we left hanson too isolated today but he works his balderdash off. How we didnt score at the end i dont know

Novak was certainly beyond every Town player in the penalty area. BUT where was Elliott Grandin? He had tried to stop the initial cross and appears in the bottom corner of the video and in sprinting back. He probably kept Novak on side.

Would be interesting to see if any Bradford fans have a video of the goal to see exactly where Grandin was when the shot was taken.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 8 - 62
Sussexmariner
February 8, 2020, 9:25pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +618
Gold Stars: 18
Not at the game but watched it on ifollow..

If it wasn’t for the McCall “bounce” Town would of had a easy 3 points today. Just goes to show how far we have come these last few weeks.

Glennon is clearly too good for this league (Sadly don’t think we’ll have him next season) last week his attacking skill shone through today it was the defensive side of his game that made him MOM. I also thought Waterfall had a great game, for me he’s first choice centre back.

I thought Bradford had more chances of scoring in the game despite Macca not really having to make a decent save all game, just wished  we increase our shots on target stats in games, Hanson a bit isolated today, if anything was going to happen it was from the left with Vernon and Glennon. Don’t think we need Whitehouse and Clifton in the same team, there’re too similar we looked a lot better when Grandin came on, he seemed a lot more comfortable on the ball and could do more attacking wise.

Another tough game on Tuesday not expecting anything points wise to be honest, just another good performance will do, if we could just string 3-4 winning games together and with the games in hand you never know! But the remaining games this season is all about next season.

Are we any closer to getting promoted since Hurst has been here? No

Has he been given time to achieve promotion by the chairman and fans? Yes

Hurst out
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 62
7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.