Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: grimsby pete, March 26, 2013, 7:36pm
Any teams news yet ?
Posted by: davmariner, March 26, 2013, 7:36pm; Reply: 1
Apparently Disley pulled up injured in the warm up.
Posted by: cod.gtfc, March 26, 2013, 7:43pm; Reply: 2
Mckeown

Wood Miller Pearson Thomas

Thanoj Disley Naylor

Southwell LJL Devitt

subs: Wilson, Hatton, Hannah, Cook, Marshall
Posted by: Nelly GTFC, March 26, 2013, 7:44pm; Reply: 3
Daft question.... how come they are playing at Hartlepool?
Posted by: denni266, March 26, 2013, 7:46pm; Reply: 4
disley  out
Posted by: Richard, March 26, 2013, 7:47pm; Reply: 5
because there pitch has been condemed
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, March 26, 2013, 7:47pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from denni266
disley  out

He's not been that bad ;)
Posted by: Munster, March 26, 2013, 7:47pm; Reply: 7
Are we able to put anyone see on bench?
Posted by: cod.gtfc, March 26, 2013, 7:47pm; Reply: 8
Yup Disley not started, pulled up in warm-up, Wilson starts instead
Posted by: Cumbrian Mariner, March 26, 2013, 7:48pm; Reply: 9
C'mon Town, lets start the season again tonight.

UTM
Posted by: AdamHaddock, March 26, 2013, 7:48pm; Reply: 10
Who's that on commentary with JT?
Posted by: grimsby pete, March 26, 2013, 7:49pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from Nelly GTFC
Daft question.... how come they are playing at Hartlepool?

Gateshead will not be playing on their own ground again this season , its a bog,

Hartlepool, Carlisle,  York have been used and even Boston has been suggested for a home game.
Posted by: marinette, March 26, 2013, 7:49pm; Reply: 12
Robbie Stockdale.
Posted by: Munster, March 26, 2013, 7:50pm; Reply: 13
Rob stockdale
Posted by: cod.gtfc, March 26, 2013, 7:50pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from AdamHaddock
Who's that on commentary with JT?

Stockdale

Posted by: RonMariner, March 26, 2013, 7:50pm; Reply: 15
Hope Disley's injury isn't too bad. If he's out for a couple of weeks we may find ourselves outside the top five pretty damn fast :(
Posted by: shotandcursed, March 26, 2013, 7:52pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from Munster
Are we able to put anyone see on bench?

Are you still p1ssed from Sunday?  WTF does that mean?
Posted by: Nelly GTFC, March 26, 2013, 7:52pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from Richard
because there pitch has been condemed
Quoted from grimsby pete
Gateshead will not be playing on their own ground again this season , its a bog,

Hartlepool, Carlisle,  York have been used and even Boston has been suggested for a home game.
Cheers, found it >> [url=http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21473882]http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21473882[/url]
Posted by: mike502, March 26, 2013, 7:55pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from grimsby pete

even Boston has been suggested for a home game.

More than suggested - they're playing Newport there on Thursday!
Posted by: RonMariner, March 26, 2013, 7:56pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from shotandcursed

Are you still p1ssed from Sunday?  WTF does that mean?

He means to replace Wilson who has now replaced Disley in the starting line up
Posted by: Chrisblor, March 26, 2013, 7:58pm; Reply: 20
Bradley Wood 'getting done'. Colour me surprised
Posted by: aaron rattray, March 26, 2013, 7:59pm; Reply: 21
Robbie stockdale said 5 minutes ago that cummins has got quality on the ball, totally disagree

We can't play long ball tonight that is for sure
Posted by: WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP, March 26, 2013, 8:00pm; Reply: 22
thanoooooj (icon_neutral)
Posted by: Mariner_Traff, March 26, 2013, 8:01pm; Reply: 23
Newport and kiddy both winning 1-0
Posted by: Chrisblor, March 26, 2013, 8:01pm; Reply: 24
Kidderminster winning already. They're a team of winners.
Posted by: pontoonlew, March 26, 2013, 8:07pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from Chrisblor

You can't say that! He tackles hard you know!
Posted by: Teesknees, March 26, 2013, 8:09pm; Reply: 26
thanoooooj (icon_neutral)

What is that supposed to mean!?
Posted by: TWAreaTownSupporter, March 26, 2013, 8:10pm; Reply: 27
Quoted from Chrisblor

Hatton is so bad he's even getting done when he's not on the pitch.

Posted by: thevera, March 26, 2013, 8:10pm; Reply: 28
Quoted from Chrisblor
Kidderminster winning already. They're a team of winners.

Have you ever considered going to 'support' them? Probably not it would give you nothing to moan about.
Posted by: Chrisblor, March 26, 2013, 8:11pm; Reply: 29

Hatton is so bad he's even getting done when he's not on the pitch.

Hatton is a quality fullback who has strongly contributed to a large number of clean sheets this season.
Posted by: aldi_01, March 26, 2013, 8:12pm; Reply: 30
Barton is a far better right back than wood...
Posted by: Chrisblor, March 26, 2013, 8:13pm; Reply: 31
Quoted from thevera

Have you ever considered going to 'support' them? Probably not it would give you nothing to moan about.

No I haven't. Do you understand how supporting a football club works? You can't just switch allegiance, unless you're an unprincipled gutless moron.
Posted by: davmariner, March 26, 2013, 8:13pm; Reply: 32
Quoted from Chrisblor

Hatton is a quality fullback who has strongly contributed to a large number of clean sheets this season.

Sorry but I disagree. In a lot of matches Hatton is a passenger and frequently has to be bailed out by Miller or Colbeck.
Posted by: maxfox44, March 26, 2013, 8:15pm; Reply: 33
I'm affraid both leave a lot to be desired, positional play is lacking at times.
Posted by: WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP, March 26, 2013, 8:15pm; Reply: 34
Quoted from davmariner

Sorry but I disagree. In a lot of matches Hatton is a passenger and frequently has to be bailed out by Miller or Colbeck.

Yeh I agree with that, BEFORE hatton scored those 2 free kicks and cemented his place in the team, Wood was looking quite good, wood has not made the most of his first team chances since though apart from one particular game when he was at left back and i thought maybe even a man of the match contender but can't rememeber what game that was.
Posted by: lawsman, March 26, 2013, 8:17pm; Reply: 35
Never mind discussing the ability or lack of ability of players is there anything going on in the game or as it not started yet?
Posted by: springstomind, March 26, 2013, 8:17pm; Reply: 36
Already theres been a few better passing moves than nuneaton and cambridge... not convincing enough still
Posted by: TWAreaTownSupporter, March 26, 2013, 8:17pm; Reply: 37
Quoted from Chrisblor

Was being sarky

Posted by: maxfox44, March 26, 2013, 8:18pm; Reply: 38

Was being sarky

Quality!
Posted by: Codzilla, March 26, 2013, 8:19pm; Reply: 39
Really can't get into this game. Can't remember the last time I was so disinterested about a game.
Posted by: Chrisblor, March 26, 2013, 8:19pm; Reply: 40
Quoted from davmariner

Do you mean when he goes up the field on the overlap and the opposition subsequently counter-attack? That is simply Miller or Colbeck covering for him and pretty standard tactics in a team with an attacking fullback who's comfortable on the ball like Hatton.

From a standard defensive position Hatton is miles better positionally than Wood. Since he shepherds attacking players away from danger areas using his clever positioning instead of rashly diving in (and making mistakes that lead directly to goals) he is unappreciated by a large section of our supporters.
Posted by: jonnyboy82, March 26, 2013, 8:21pm; Reply: 41
Kin ell this  sounds painful..

We have turned from a team who I had every confidence in winning week to a team who I have no confidence in and worry about.

Really drunk off.
Posted by: PaceyMariner, March 26, 2013, 8:21pm; Reply: 42
Quoted from lawsman
Never mind discussing the ability or lack of ability of players is there anything going on in the game or as it not started yet?

Well said that man. Clicked on this thinking it was a match thread.....
Posted by: Chrisblor, March 26, 2013, 8:21pm; Reply: 43
Kidderminster aren't winning anymore, which is alright.
Posted by: Chrisblor, March 26, 2013, 8:22pm; Reply: 44
Unlucky there Jamie Devitt
Posted by: Cumbrian Mariner, March 26, 2013, 8:22pm; Reply: 45
Devitt just hit the bar, c'mon Town.

UTM
Posted by: brad_gtfc, March 26, 2013, 8:30pm; Reply: 46
Quoted from Chrisblor

Do you mean when he goes up the field on the overlap and the opposition subsequently counter-attack? That is simply Miller or Colbeck covering for him and pretty standard tactics in a team with an attacking fullback who's comfortable on the ball like Hatton.

From a standard defensive position Hatton is miles better positionally than Wood. Since he shepherds attacking players away from danger areas using his clever positioning instead of rashly diving in (and making mistakes that lead directly to goals) he is unappreciated by a large section of our supporters.

Hatton? Overlap? Are you sure? I've never seen him go past his winger, he just drops deep for the ball. Granted he gives another option but he certainly doesn't overlap and very rarely travels with the ball.

For me, Neither Hatton or Wood are good enough for a side to get out of this league.
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, March 26, 2013, 8:31pm; Reply: 47
At least England are winning :)

And had a cheeky £2 on Rooney 1st goal at 13/2
Posted by: AdamHaddock, March 26, 2013, 8:31pm; Reply: 48
Sounds like were creating a bit without being opened up ourselves
Posted by: jonnyboy82, March 26, 2013, 8:32pm; Reply: 49
Fvcking excrement.
Posted by: Cumbrian Mariner, March 26, 2013, 8:33pm; Reply: 50
Not the most exciting of games so far but, we do sound as though we are getting used to the conditions/pitch now and HOPEFULLY this will breed confidence and get us a goal.

UTM
Posted by: lawsman, March 26, 2013, 8:34pm; Reply: 51
What the f##k with this benile discussion on wether hatton or wood are better than each other it is beginning to p''s me off, can't we concentrate on the game and let people know what is going on in the game.
If you must discuss Hatton or Wood do it somewhere else and not on the match thread.
Posted by: Chrisblor, March 26, 2013, 8:35pm; Reply: 52
Quoted from brad_gtfc

Hatton? Overlap? Are you sure? I've never seen him go past his winger, he just drops deep for the ball. Granted he gives another option but he certainly doesn't overlap and very rarely travels with the ball.

For me, Neither Hatton or Wood are good enough for a side to get out of this league.

Sam Hatton was voted AFC Wimbledon's player of the season in 2010-11 when they were promoted to League Two after winning the Conference Playoff Final. He was also included in the Conference's Team of the Season. This to me suggests he is good enough for a side who wants to get out of this league.

He's not going to try and dribble past anyone (very few full-backs do), but he's often in useful attacking positions in the top half of the pitch, sometimes ahead of whoever is playing right wing for us. This is what I mean when i'm referring to other players covering for him.

Posted by: WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP, March 26, 2013, 8:35pm; Reply: 53
Yeh i'd say its alot more positive sounding than cambridge and nuneaton were, just could do with cook or hannah to finish one of those opportunities
Posted by: AndyGTFC, March 26, 2013, 8:35pm; Reply: 54
Doing alright so far with a young team and a new formation.

Would like to see Marshall come on and go up against Cummins, who is playing out of position at right back and isn't the quickest anyway.
Posted by: winteringham mariner, March 26, 2013, 8:35pm; Reply: 55
Quoted from lawsman
What the f##k with this benile discussion on wether hatton or wood are better than each other it is beginning to p''s me off, can't we concentrate on the game and let people know what is going on in the game.
If you must discuss Hatton or Wood do it somewhere else and not on the match thread.

Its half time! :P
Posted by: chaos33, March 26, 2013, 8:36pm; Reply: 56
Quoted from lawsman

In fact, don't. There are about 43 threads all saying the same sh1t anyway.

Posted by: Chrisblor, March 26, 2013, 8:36pm; Reply: 57
Quoted from lawsman

'benile' - is that even a word?

There's intercourse all happening in the game tonight (apart from Southwell and Naylor fluffing a good opportunity), so we may as well have a sensible discussion about the quality of our right backs.
Posted by: shotandcursed, March 26, 2013, 8:37pm; Reply: 58
Quoted from lawsman

Benile? That's not even a word!

When you suggest people let you know what is going on in the game, why don't you just listen to radio humberside, no one is posting from the match itself, they're just listening to Tondeur!!!
Posted by: davmariner, March 26, 2013, 8:37pm; Reply: 59
Quoted from brad_gtfc

This. When a winger runs at Hatton then he's copulated. He backs off long enough for either Colbeck to come back and clear up his mess or deep enough for Miller to deal with the player. It's not as if his attacking ability makes up for it. His set pieces aren't fantastic either in my opinion. His free kicks linger for too long in the air which allows defenders and goalkeepers to deal with them. Can anyone remember this especially during the Cambridge game? The fact is that we used to be a threat from set pieces but since Neilson and Pond left we've been excrement at them.
Posted by: carrot top, March 26, 2013, 8:37pm; Reply: 60
Quoted from Chrisblor
Kidderminster aren't winning anymore, which is alright.

They havent played for 89 mins yet though. I wonder what the stats are for them scoring in the last couple of minutes/injury time in games

Posted by: Tinymariner, March 26, 2013, 8:38pm; Reply: 61
At the game and its the best we've played for ages. LJL is having a blinder. We are by far the better side. It is fooking freezing here too. UTM
Posted by: davmariner, March 26, 2013, 8:39pm; Reply: 62
Quoted from Chrisblor

Sam Hatton was voted AFC Wimbledon's player of the season in 2010-11 when they were promoted to League Two after winning the Conference Playoff Final. He was also included in the Conference's Team of the Season. This to me suggests he is good enough for a side who wants to get out of this league.

He's not going to try and dribble past anyone (very few full-backs do), but he's often in useful attacking positions in the top half of the pitch, sometimes ahead of whoever is playing right wing for us. This is what I mean when i'm referring to other players covering for him.

Matt Heywood was voted Player of the Season for Brentford the season before he came here. Hardly a good benchmark that is it?!
Posted by: chaos33, March 26, 2013, 8:39pm; Reply: 63
Quoted from AndyGTFC
Doing alright so far with a young team and a new formation.

Would like to see Marshall come on and go up against Cummins, who is playing out of position at right back and isn't the quickest anyway.

Jeez, Micky Cummins was turd when he played for us, and he certainly wasn't a full-back. How good do you reckon he is now, playing out of position? If we can't expose that weakness and create some chances then we're even worse than we fear.
Posted by: WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP, March 26, 2013, 8:39pm; Reply: 64
Hatton tries to play like gary neville putting crosses in from deep, but hattons crosses are usually too high and slow and the goalkeeper gets loads of them
Posted by: davmariner, March 26, 2013, 8:40pm; Reply: 65
Quoted from Tinymariner
At the game and its the best we've played for ages. LJL is having a blinder. We are by far the better side. It is fooking freezing here too. UTM

Great to hear! Happy to hear LJL is having a decent game. Hope he grabs a goal.
Posted by: brad_gtfc, March 26, 2013, 8:40pm; Reply: 66
Quoted from lawsman

Lol.
Since when do you make the rules? Just dont read it.
Posted by: Henryscat, March 26, 2013, 8:41pm; Reply: 67
I know Disley pulled up in the warm up but does anyone know the rules properly?

Does it class as a substitution?

Aren't we allowed to replace Wilson on the bench with someone else (eg Fleming?)
Posted by: marinette, March 26, 2013, 8:41pm; Reply: 68
I'm quite pleased that we've got a few non-Wembley players out there tonight.  Kind of like a new start.  Doesn't sound as if they are too much under the cosh - be interesting to see what they can do.  More fresh legs for the weekend too.
Posted by: jonnyboy82, March 26, 2013, 8:41pm; Reply: 69
Quoted from Chrisblor

The thing is when you have 10 other players which are not performing someone will come under fire,Hatton is one of those.

He for me is a decent player at our level.

When we were on a great run he was a great right back now he is excrement and that is due to the other players playing quite excrement too.

I quite like him but he needs to regain his confidence.

For me aswads performances have been far more worrying lately.
Posted by: brad_gtfc, March 26, 2013, 8:41pm; Reply: 70
Quoted from chaos33

In fact, don't. There are about 43 threads all saying the same sh1t anyway.

Really? I'd said theres a massive difference of opinion between town fans on both of them.

Hope I dont get in trouble for posting this in the match thread.
Posted by: louth_in_the_south, March 26, 2013, 8:42pm; Reply: 71
Can this hatton v wood discussion fook off to another thread ffs
Posted by: brad_gtfc, March 26, 2013, 8:42pm; Reply: 72
Quoted from Henryscat
I know Disley pulled up in the warm up but does anyone know the rules properly?

Does it class as a substitution?

Aren't we allowed to replace Wilson on the bench with someone else (eg Fleming?)

Pretty sure you can replace him without using a sub up and replace the sub, no idea who's replaced him though, anyone know?
Posted by: aldi_01, March 26, 2013, 8:43pm; Reply: 73
The word is banal? Often misspelled as 'benile'.

Fact is, who cares. More balderdash has been spoken about wood and Hatton since August than anything else. It's boring. Who is and isn't good enough...Hatton has been promoted, wood hasn't, Hatton was involved in every game of our long run. Yet both bring things to the side for the best and the worst.

From this thread you wouldn't even know there's a game being played...

Support the side and let's resurrect our not failing but could fail season...
Posted by: jonnyboy82, March 26, 2013, 8:43pm; Reply: 74
Quoted from Tinymariner

John tondeour is saying it is very drab and we are struggling.

intercourse knows what to believe lol.
Posted by: brad_gtfc, March 26, 2013, 8:44pm; Reply: 75
Quoted from louth_in_the_south
Can this hatton v wood discussion fook off to another thread ffs

Ot oh, the Fishy police are out again.
Why? Not like theres anything going on in the game.
Posted by: lawsman, March 26, 2013, 8:44pm; Reply: 76
Sorry for the incorrect spelling it should have said Banal, it was just I got a bit fed up with reading wether Hatton or Wood is the better full back, Tony Gallimore was better than both of them.
Posted by: brad_gtfc, March 26, 2013, 8:45pm; Reply: 77
Quoted from jonnyboy82

John tondeour is saying it is very drab and we are struggling.

intercourse knows what to believe lol.

Tondeur is hardly the most positive chap though.
He makes me nervous aswell.
Posted by: brad_gtfc, March 26, 2013, 8:46pm; Reply: 78
Quoted from lawsman
Sorry for the incorrect spelling it should have said Banal, it was just I got a bit fed up with reading wether Hatton or Wood is the better full back, Tony Gallimore was better than both of them.

I think we should try re-sign Galli.
Posted by: Henryscat, March 26, 2013, 8:46pm; Reply: 79
Quoted from brad_gtfc

Pretty sure you can replace him without using a sub up and replace the sub, no idea who's replaced him though, anyone know?

4 on the bench according to BBC that's why I asked
Posted by: Codzilla, March 26, 2013, 8:46pm; Reply: 80
I'm sure JT said Colbeck was on the bench
Posted by: Codzilla, March 26, 2013, 8:47pm; Reply: 81
Yep, just confirmed
Posted by: Chrisblor, March 26, 2013, 8:47pm; Reply: 82
Quoted from davmariner

Matt Heywood was voted Player of the Season for Brentford the season before he came here. Hardly a good benchmark that is it?!

Maybe not, but Brentford didn't get promoted that season, nor was he in the League One team of the year. Also he was a total carthorse and I think every town fan was in consensus about that!
Posted by: jonnyboy82, March 26, 2013, 8:48pm; Reply: 83
Get in.
Posted by: Chrisblor, March 26, 2013, 8:48pm; Reply: 84
THANOJ  8)
Posted by: AdamHaddock, March 26, 2013, 8:48pm; Reply: 85
Get in Fannodge
Posted by: Mariner_Traff, March 26, 2013, 8:48pm; Reply: 86
get in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted by: jonnyboy82, March 26, 2013, 8:48pm; Reply: 87
Thanooooooooooj
Posted by: bobbyturtle, March 26, 2013, 8:49pm; Reply: 88
thanoj flipping get in
Posted by: Codzilla, March 26, 2013, 8:49pm; Reply: 89
why were we worrying? 8)
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, March 26, 2013, 8:49pm; Reply: 90
Get in!
Posted by: prestonmariner, March 26, 2013, 8:50pm; Reply: 91
Thanoj you beauty. Get in!!! 1-0
Posted by: Nelly GTFC, March 26, 2013, 8:50pm; Reply: 92
Yippiee! Go on Thanoj! (yahoo)
Posted by: springstomind, March 26, 2013, 8:51pm; Reply: 93
Haha everyone just turned tv down and turned radio / laptop up for the town game for 15 minutes half time in england game and BOOM screamer from Thanoj
Posted by: davmariner, March 26, 2013, 8:51pm; Reply: 94
Nice one Andi.
Posted by: AndyGTFC, March 26, 2013, 8:51pm; Reply: 95
Get in Town!
Posted by: Alfie, March 26, 2013, 8:52pm; Reply: 96
Good lad Andi.

Kick on now, chaps. These are rubbish.
Posted by: Fishfinger, March 26, 2013, 8:52pm; Reply: 97
Yes!!
Posted by: WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP, March 26, 2013, 8:52pm; Reply: 98
genuinely glad to see lincoln winning despite having someone sent off after 4 minutes, you don't want your local rivals doing well but you don't want them dissapearing
Posted by: carrot top, March 26, 2013, 8:52pm; Reply: 99
Well done Thanoj
Please don't start a thread about him though
Posted by: PaceyMariner, March 26, 2013, 8:52pm; Reply: 100
Get in!!!!!

Now can we get back to the more important subject on this thread, Wood v Hatton. :P
Posted by: moss_side_mariner, March 26, 2013, 8:53pm; Reply: 101
tondeur just said 91 town fans there
Posted by: springstomind, March 26, 2013, 8:53pm; Reply: 102
Gotta say a cracking effort from the 100 plus town fans that made the journey after lots of bad results, financial position with it beineg end of the month and just after wembley and England are on TV, and we can still hear them on the radio...briliant
Posted by: winteringham mariner, March 26, 2013, 8:53pm; Reply: 103
come on shop! ??)
Posted by: mariner91, March 26, 2013, 8:55pm; Reply: 104
Woop!
Posted by: cmackenzie4, March 26, 2013, 8:55pm; Reply: 105
C,mon Town.
Posted by: Alfie, March 26, 2013, 8:56pm; Reply: 106
genuinely glad to see lincoln winning despite having someone sent off after 4 minutes, you don't want your local rivals doing well but you don't want them dissapearing

Yeah. Agree. Don't wish ill on them despite a nasty, bitter minority on Twitter who mocked Liam's injury in the summer.

Wouldn't wish BSN on my worst enemy. Maybe Scunny.
Posted by: Codzilla, March 26, 2013, 8:56pm; Reply: 107
Would love nothing more than LJL to bag a goal here.
Posted by: wiggers, March 26, 2013, 8:57pm; Reply: 108
Can't stand listening to Tondeur, does he actually get paid for his awful commentaries?
Posted by: Cumbrian Mariner, March 26, 2013, 8:57pm; Reply: 109
lost radio Hull and just seen that town are 1-0 up, THANOJ - GET IN.

UTM
Posted by: winteringham mariner, March 26, 2013, 8:58pm; Reply: 110
Quoted from Codzilla
Would love nothing more than LJL to bag a goal here.

I agree, might make a difference to his play?
Posted by: Mighty_Mariner, March 26, 2013, 8:59pm; Reply: 111
Sounds like our 4-3-3 system is working well - maybe the way forward after all!
Posted by: RonMariner, March 26, 2013, 8:59pm; Reply: 112
If we can hang on to this it will be a massive result in the circumstances, and with a winnable home game to come we could be in great shape.
Posted by: zorro_is_a_Mariner, March 26, 2013, 8:59pm; Reply: 113
Gateshead are poor.
Posted by: jonnyboy82, March 26, 2013, 9:00pm; Reply: 114
John Lewis has been brilliant  tonight.

His work rate has been second to none.
Posted by: prestonmariner, March 26, 2013, 9:02pm; Reply: 115
think Thanoj's goal was good, look how his Albanian Snr's have buried this!! What a goal! http://gerrard8fanpage.lockerdome.com/articles/106916766
Posted by: Chrisblor, March 26, 2013, 9:05pm; Reply: 116
Quoted from prestonmariner
think Thanoj's goal was good, look how his Albanian Snr's have buried this!! What a goal! http://gerrard8fanpage.lockerdome.com/articles/106916766

Are they playing at Gateshead's stadium?
Posted by: WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP, March 26, 2013, 9:06pm; Reply: 117
Hearn on for southwell soon?
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, March 26, 2013, 9:07pm; Reply: 118

He is not in the squad....
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, March 26, 2013, 9:07pm; Reply: 119
I didn't even realise Southwell was playing until about 10 mins ago
Posted by: bobbyturtle, March 26, 2013, 9:07pm; Reply: 120
Quoted from springstomind
Gotta say a cracking effort from the 100 plus town fans that made the journey after lots of bad results, financial position with it beineg end of the month and just after wembley and England are on TV, and we can still hear them on the radio...briliant

indeed
Posted by: jonnyboy82, March 26, 2013, 9:07pm; Reply: 121

This.

Is hearn on the bench?
Posted by: Chrisblor, March 26, 2013, 9:07pm; Reply: 122

Would be impressed if we manage to circumvent the rules of football to make this happen.
Posted by: WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP, March 26, 2013, 9:07pm; Reply: 123
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God

He is not in the squad....

Oh thought someone said he was on the bench, missed the beginning of the commentary
Posted by: chaos33, March 26, 2013, 9:07pm; Reply: 124
Not in the squad
Posted by: prestonmariner, March 26, 2013, 9:08pm; Reply: 125
Quoted from Chrisblor

Are they playing at Gateshead's stadium?

;D  ;D ;D
Posted by: Chrisblor, March 26, 2013, 9:08pm; Reply: 126
Bench is:

Hatton, Cook, Hannah, Colbeck, Marshall
Posted by: prestonmariner, March 26, 2013, 9:10pm; Reply: 127
I think having Hannah on instead of The Shop might work, probably better on the shoulder of the last man, and could benefit from a goal today.
Posted by: Chrisblor, March 26, 2013, 9:10pm; Reply: 128
Poor Devitt, deserves a goal
Posted by: Codzilla, March 26, 2013, 9:10pm; Reply: 129
Thought this would be the sort of game to give Hearn a few minutes. Surprised if we see much of him at all this season
Posted by: Codswede, March 26, 2013, 9:11pm; Reply: 130
Dont really see why we'd take Southwell off while doing fairly well at 1-0. No need for a change yet IMO.
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, March 26, 2013, 9:11pm; Reply: 131
Ooooooooooooooo
Posted by: Nelly GTFC, March 26, 2013, 9:11pm; Reply: 132
Omfg! Devitt!  ??) so close!
Posted by: WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP, March 26, 2013, 9:12pm; Reply: 133
Tut, the size of the goals are the reason we're not going up, make them bigger but only the end grimsby is shooting at
Posted by: prestonmariner, March 26, 2013, 9:12pm; Reply: 134
Quoted from Codswede
Dont really see why we'd take Southwell off while doing fairly well at 1-0. No need for a change yet IMO.

I see what you mean, but if we could get a goal in the next 5-10 minutes, it would really kill the game off.
Posted by: WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP, March 26, 2013, 9:15pm; Reply: 135
kidderminster 2-2, mansfield 0-0, sudden disasterous form for those two on the cards? no? ok
Posted by: aldi_01, March 26, 2013, 9:15pm; Reply: 136
I'd say leave it as it is. We sound like we're doing alright. I thi k one of our problems last couple of games has been the randomness of our substitutions.
Posted by: WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP, March 26, 2013, 9:15pm; Reply: 137
forget that mansfield winning now
Posted by: Chrisblor, March 26, 2013, 9:15pm; Reply: 138
twit off Mansfield you awful illegitimates.
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, March 26, 2013, 9:17pm; Reply: 139
Aslong as we win, I don't care about anyone else
Posted by: Codzilla, March 26, 2013, 9:18pm; Reply: 140
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God

Certainly not those above us. Don't see why it matters, we can't win the league anymore.
Posted by: winteringham mariner, March 26, 2013, 9:18pm; Reply: 141
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God

quite right!
Posted by: chaos33, March 26, 2013, 9:18pm; Reply: 142
Quoted from Chrisblor
twit off Mansfield you awful illegitimates.

One of the best pieces of swearing I've seen on here for many a season.  ;D

Posted by: WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP, March 26, 2013, 9:20pm; Reply: 143
Quoted from Codzilla

Certainly not those above us. Don't see why it matters, we can't win the league anymore.

Well you don't want them to be in absolutely unbeatable form going into the playoffs I think thats why i'll carry on watching all those results
Posted by: Chrisblor, March 26, 2013, 9:20pm; Reply: 144
girl privates
Posted by: WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP, March 26, 2013, 9:20pm; Reply: 145
intercourse
Posted by: bobbyturtle, March 26, 2013, 9:21pm; Reply: 146
intercourse
come on town hold it together
Posted by: moss_side_mariner, March 26, 2013, 9:21pm; Reply: 147
here we go again
Posted by: RoboCod, March 26, 2013, 9:21pm; Reply: 148
Should have had Hannah on. I don't see this lineup scoring another :B
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, March 26, 2013, 9:22pm; Reply: 149
Oh bug ger
Posted by: WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP, March 26, 2013, 9:22pm; Reply: 150
get cook or hannah on quick
Posted by: Cumbrian Mariner, March 26, 2013, 9:23pm; Reply: 151
FFS not again
Posted by: chaos33, March 26, 2013, 9:23pm; Reply: 152
Well that has shocked me.

Any danger of a sub?
Posted by: Codzilla, March 26, 2013, 9:23pm; Reply: 153
ffs. i guess a point wouldn't be so bad but with our really bad form we need to start picking up wins asap. the play-offs are not a certainty. If Macc won their next game they'd be only 4 behind us, level on points and we haven't won in 5 or 6. starting to worry
Posted by: aaron rattray, March 26, 2013, 9:24pm; Reply: 154
Make a flipping sub, fetch cook on
Posted by: RoboCod, March 26, 2013, 9:24pm; Reply: 155
We really have become atrocious up front. A poor, poor Gateshead team and it takes Thanoj to score.
Posted by: cmackenzie4, March 26, 2013, 9:24pm; Reply: 156
C,Mon town FFS..
Posted by: JonoGrimsby777, March 26, 2013, 9:25pm; Reply: 157
flipping 'eck, if we can't beat a team 'with nothing', who can we beat?
Posted by: WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP, March 26, 2013, 9:25pm; Reply: 158
blerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh hard life being a town fan
Posted by: Codswede, March 26, 2013, 9:25pm; Reply: 159
Hit the post twice... Don't fret, still time, still games left to play.
Posted by: RoboCod, March 26, 2013, 9:25pm; Reply: 160
Lincoln get 3 at Braintree. What a weird league.
Posted by: Chrisblor, March 26, 2013, 9:26pm; Reply: 161
Quoted from RoboCod
Lincoln get 3 at Braintree. What a weird league.

...with 10 men

We couldn't score 3 in a game even with 12 men on the pitch at the moment
Posted by: TWAreaTownSupporter, March 26, 2013, 9:27pm; Reply: 162
Subs 10 mins too late.
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, March 26, 2013, 9:28pm; Reply: 163
Sounds like LJL had a half decent game
Posted by: TWAreaTownSupporter, March 26, 2013, 9:28pm; Reply: 164
Yeah, but not a finisher.
Posted by: moosey_club, March 26, 2013, 9:29pm; Reply: 165
(rant)
Posted by: Chrisblor, March 26, 2013, 9:29pm; Reply: 166
Can we do a Kidderminster and get a late winner? Do we have it in this team?
Posted by: chaos33, March 26, 2013, 9:30pm; Reply: 167
Subs 10 mins too late.

Agree.

Posted by: chaos33, March 26, 2013, 9:31pm; Reply: 168
Quoted from Chrisblor

What do you think?
Posted by: ackomariner, March 26, 2013, 9:32pm; Reply: 169
Ah well, fuk-ed it up again
Posted by: RoboCod, March 26, 2013, 9:33pm; Reply: 170
LJL is supposed to be a striker. When is he going to strike? Elding's strike rate was better. Town contriving to throw the season away.
Posted by: JonnyK, March 26, 2013, 9:33pm; Reply: 171
Is it 1-1? My Internet is so poor I can only refresh this page. FFS could mean anything!

We really need a break. Where are the shitty under-prepared pitches now??
Posted by: RoboCod, March 26, 2013, 9:33pm; Reply: 172
Quoted from Chrisblor

An emphatic NO.
Posted by: Youngy, March 26, 2013, 9:34pm; Reply: 173
Quoted from RoboCod
LJL is supposed to be a striker. When is he going to strike? Elding's strike rate was better. Town contriving to throw the season away.

FFS, he's played well tonight, give the lad a break
Posted by: Chrisblor, March 26, 2013, 9:34pm; Reply: 174
Quoted from chaos33

What do you think?

I think no. We're sorely lacking any sort of attacking flair or creativity. We just don't have the fight Kidderminster and Mansfield seem to have.
Posted by: Chrisblor, March 26, 2013, 9:34pm; Reply: 175
Yep there we go, full-time. Great :o
Posted by: chaos33, March 26, 2013, 9:34pm; Reply: 176
Wasted. The game was there for the winning and we threw it away.
Posted by: barralad, March 26, 2013, 9:35pm; Reply: 177
Quoted from RoboCod
Should have had Hannah on. I don't see this lineup scoring another :B

I'm sorry to say it but I seriously doubt whether Hannah at the moment could change our fortunes.
Posted by: Cumbrian Mariner, March 26, 2013, 9:35pm; Reply: 178
Not a defeat but very disappointed with the result. Better team performance though and we have stopped the losing run.
Posted by: WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP, March 26, 2013, 9:36pm; Reply: 179
One of the strikers needs to start scoring more, and balderdash looks like england are having the same night we are
Posted by: louth_in_the_south, March 26, 2013, 9:36pm; Reply: 180
Should've played hatton ....
Posted by: aldi_01, March 26, 2013, 9:36pm; Reply: 181
Should have been a win but least we finally didnt  lose a game...
Posted by: RoboCod, March 26, 2013, 9:37pm; Reply: 182
FT. Jesus, the season has gone, for me. If we somehow stay in the playoff spots I don't see us beating any of the other top 4. Too much change, too many striking options and an obscene lack of goals since Xmas.

How on earth did this happen.
Posted by: AdamHaddock, March 26, 2013, 9:37pm; Reply: 183
Run of defeats stopped, sounded like an encouraging performance. It'll be interesting to see who is picked upfront next time out.
Posted by: JonoGrimsby777, March 26, 2013, 9:38pm; Reply: 184
MY DAZE.  I'm wound up now.  I can take a bad run and a tight Wembley defeat, but against a sh!te side who had absolutely nothing we can only draw!  It stops the rot but we are seriously in trouble if we can't finish these teams off.  We need some real momentum before the end of the season if we are to have a chance in the play-offs.  I'm not usually a criticiser but that was a bad result and we should have won, we WON'T magically start performing in play-off matches without momentum before hand.  I'm sorry but I'm properly annoyed.
Posted by: ackomariner, March 26, 2013, 9:38pm; Reply: 185
Stockdale, I think they'll be pleased. Bell-end
Posted by: TWAreaTownSupporter, March 26, 2013, 9:40pm; Reply: 186
Quoted from louth_in_the_south
Should've played hatton ....

You excrement-stirrer!  ;D
Posted by: RoboCod, March 26, 2013, 9:40pm; Reply: 187
Quoted from Youngy

FFS, he's played well tonight, give the lad a break

A break? People are very quick to point out the downturn in fortunes coincided with Brodie joining, how about LJL? He's added nothing to the forward line, he just seems to add an extra layer of predictability to a very predictable team.
There's plenty of others who need a kick up the ars* to be fair though.
Posted by: jonnyboy82, March 26, 2013, 9:40pm; Reply: 188
Bottled it...

AGAIN ..
Posted by: bobbyturtle, March 26, 2013, 9:40pm; Reply: 189
a win saturday and i will be dreaming of another trip to wembley.
Posted by: TWAreaTownSupporter, March 26, 2013, 9:41pm; Reply: 190
Quoted from RoboCod
FT. Jesus, the season has gone, for me. If we somehow stay in the playoff spots I don't see us beating any of the other top 4. Too much change, too many striking options and an obscene lack of goals since Xmas.

How on earth did this happen.

Tinkering.
Posted by: oldun, March 26, 2013, 9:42pm; Reply: 191
Come on folks after what has gone on in the past few weeks, I would have taken a point before the game and sounds like some positives from a "scratch team". We do need a win on Sat though.
Posted by: davmariner, March 26, 2013, 9:43pm; Reply: 192
copulated up another of our games in hand. Bad result.
Posted by: aldi_01, March 26, 2013, 9:44pm; Reply: 193
They will be pleased. Always take a draw away but always play to win which we did by the sounds of it. Fact is we didnt lose which given our recent form we could quite easily have done.

I wouldn't want to be in a war with some of the folk on here...don't half give up quick and easy. As for not being able to beat any of the too four? Is it me or are kiddy te only side we've failed to get any form of result against, well a draw away. We are all beatable, that's the good thing about football.

If people have given up I suggest they disappear for a while and come back when the seasons finished. We need winners, supporters who support and a positivity back around the club. Too many turn quickly and give up too easily.
Posted by: louth_in_the_south, March 26, 2013, 9:45pm; Reply: 194
Under strength , inexperienced , weaker than normal line up gets a point after 120 min wembley final 2 days ago , against a team who recently beat league leaders who were on a 20 odd unbeaten run .
All isn't lost yet . It's looking a fooking lot worse than a few weeks ago but a couple of additions to the squad and injured tired players back might just give us the points to limp over the line .
Posted by: AndyGTFC, March 26, 2013, 9:45pm; Reply: 195
Disappointing to draw in the end but it has stopped the rot and I would've taken a draw beforehand. Gotta think about all the changes we had to make too.
Posted by: 28195 (Guest), March 26, 2013, 9:45pm; Reply: 196
Bring back Brodie.......
Posted by: Nelly GTFC, March 26, 2013, 9:46pm; Reply: 197
Guy on Radio called Jack 91 years of age, first started watching Town in 1932... still a season ticket holder, totally loving that!  :)
Posted by: TWAreaTownSupporter, March 26, 2013, 9:46pm; Reply: 198
Bloke on the radio now. 91. Saw the glory years.
Posted by: 28195 (Guest), March 26, 2013, 9:48pm; Reply: 199
Sign him up
Posted by: AdamHaddock, March 26, 2013, 9:49pm; Reply: 200
As poor as we've been, it's still on. Four point gap over FGR now and two winnable games coming up then a crunch game at Macc. Hopefully we can take a fresh Cook, Hannah, Hearn, Disley and Niven into them.
Posted by: itsnotcoditshaddock, March 26, 2013, 9:51pm; Reply: 201
Hopefully Barrow can nick something against Macc tomorrow night....
Posted by: barralad, March 26, 2013, 9:53pm; Reply: 202
Quoted from RoboCod

A break? People are very quick to point out the downturn in fortunes coincided with Brodie joining, how about LJL? He's added nothing to the forward line, he just seems to add an extra layer of predictability to a very predictable team.
There's plenty of others who need a kick up the ars* to be fair though.

I'm glad you added the last sentence. There are several players who it would appear can do no wrong on here whose form has dipped spectacularly over recent weeks.
Anyone would think that somewhere along the line L J-L has hoodwinked the managers into believing that he is a different player to that on show. I suspect that he is playing as he has done throughout his career. If that isn't enough it isn't his fault. If there is anyone to "blame", and that is debatable, surely the managers have to take some responsibility.
Posted by: wigworld, March 26, 2013, 9:53pm; Reply: 203
Out of necessity, we had a reserve midfield and strike force tonight. Considering that, a draw is an acceptable away result.
Posted by: WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP, March 26, 2013, 9:55pm; Reply: 204
At least we've got a home game saturday, we can cheer them to a win
Posted by: bradzmilne, March 26, 2013, 10:00pm; Reply: 205
Saturday is now our biggest game in non league history. I'm sure when we win again, will be laughing... Saturday should really be a nailed on 3 points - Dont give me shít about under estimating our opponents its Barrow not Barcelona.
We've thrown too much cash into this promotion charge for it not to work, if it doesnt happen this year i highly doubt it will happen during the next 10 thats if we last that long without being financially crippled.
Lets not get on a downer yet anyhow - the ball is still very much in our court, 4 points clear with 8 to go including games against: Barrow,Stockport,Southport,Dartford & Woking... will be fine... surely?
Posted by: brad_gtfc, March 26, 2013, 10:07pm; Reply: 206
With a every much in experienced midfield and forward line and hardly any playing time together I think a draw isn't a bad result. Disappointing to lose a game after going infront though.
We need to get key players back and we definitely need to win on Saturday.
Posted by: WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP, March 26, 2013, 10:07pm; Reply: 207
Quoted from bradzmilne
Saturday is now our biggest game in non league history. I'm sure when we win again, will be laughing... Saturday should really be a nailed on 3 points - Dont give me shít about under estimating our opponents its Barrow not Barcelona.
We've thrown too much cash into this promotion charge for it not to work, if it doesnt happen this year i highly doubt it will happen during the next 10 thats if we last that long without being financially crippled.
Lets not get on a downer yet anyhow - the ball is still very much in our court, 4 points clear with 8 to go including games against: Barrow,Stockport,Southport,Dartford & Woking... will be fine... surely?

Our biggest game in none league was kidderminster a few weeks ago
Posted by: RoboCod, March 26, 2013, 10:10pm; Reply: 208
Quoted from barralad

I'm glad you added the last sentence. There are several players who it would appear can do no wrong on here whose form has dipped spectacularly over recent weeks.
Anyone would think that somewhere along the line L J-L has hoodwinked the managers into believing that he is a different player to that on show. I suspect that he is playing as he has done throughout his career. If that isn't enough it isn't his fault. If there is anyone to "blame", and that is debatable, surely the managers have to take some responsibility.

They surely do. I feel I've been supporting two teams, GTFC 2012 and GTFC 2013. The latter seemingly managed by Scott and Hurst's identical, but inferior brothers. Someone described the team setup, new player signings and selection as 'bitty', this is exactly right. Even the Hearn situation, a 30 minute cameo at home where he looked way below par. Then no more sign of him.  
I really do wonder what caused S&H to do this, perhaps they have reached dizzy heights and unknown territory. Maybe they're still on a high learning curve and they inch the team a little higher each season. But I think we've blown it, hand on heart.
Posted by: carrot top, March 26, 2013, 10:11pm; Reply: 209
Macclesfield have 3 very tough games next, Barrow away, Stockport home (local derby with a lot of County support there) then Wrexham away. All these before they play us. I think we will beat Barrow then get a another away draw at Stockport which will put us on 69 points. If they match that (4 points) they will still be 7 behind and our goal better differrence makes it 8 really. Im working on the Forest Green permations
Posted by: barralad, March 26, 2013, 10:11pm; Reply: 210

It's a possible contender. For me the York game in the league last March was the most important in terms of results and what it did to the season. We were on a Kiddy/Mansfield level run. York stopped it and we simply never got going again.

Posted by: bradzmilne, March 26, 2013, 10:12pm; Reply: 211

Well we lost it: Its over, forgetten.
No point of reminiscing of what could of been or we'll just go backwards.
Posted by: Maringer, March 26, 2013, 10:15pm; Reply: 212
Quoted from wigworld
Out of necessity, we had a reserve midfield and strike force tonight. Considering that, a draw is an acceptable away result.

Holy sensible post, Batman!
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, March 26, 2013, 10:19pm; Reply: 213
At least we stopped the losing streak ok we had the better of the match but that in it's self is a plus a good draw in my opinion.
Posted by: ackomariner, March 26, 2013, 10:20pm; Reply: 214
Quoted from jonnyboy82
John Lewis has been brilliant  tonight.

His work rate has been second to none.

Stay off the drugs. Work rate means fuk all, goals do
Posted by: carrot top, March 26, 2013, 10:22pm; Reply: 215
Cant be arsed with a new thread.
Forest Green could be a problem with their fixtures:
I see them winning at least 4 of these final games. Just hope they dont do a Mansfield and win them all. Hope Ebbsfleet can beat them and knock the stuffing out of them this Saturday. That would give us a 7 point lead with a game in hand as long as we beat Barrow

Ebbsfleet V Forest Green
     Sat 30 Mar
Forest Green V Telford
     Mon 1 Apr      15:00      
Tamworth V Forest Green
     Sat 6 Apr      15:00      
Forest Green V Hereford
     Tue 9 Apr           
Forest Green V Southport
     Sat 13 Apr            
Forest Green V Dartford
     Tue 16 Apr            
Alfreton V Forest Green
     Sat 20 Apr      
Posted by: davmariner, March 26, 2013, 10:25pm; Reply: 216
Paul Hurst thought we were outstanding and felt that we were cheated.
Posted by: barralad, March 26, 2013, 10:27pm; Reply: 217
Quoted from ackomariner

Stay off the drugs. Work rate means fuk all, goals do

The last player I can remember not working hard but scoring a shed load of goals was Jimmy Greaves! If you think you can get one without the other you are sadly mistaken. Oh and the work rate comes first.

Perhaps you should take a few drugs?
Posted by: WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP, March 26, 2013, 10:27pm; Reply: 218
Quoted from bradzmilne

Well we lost it: Its over, forgetten.
No point of reminiscing of what could of been or we'll just go backwards.

Yeh but you said in history, obviously every game is important now,  I'd take 6 points in the next 4 games.
Posted by: WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP, March 26, 2013, 10:28pm; Reply: 219
Quoted from barralad

The last player I can remember not working hard but scoring a shed load of goals was Jimmy Greaves! If you think you can get one without the other you are sadly mistaken. Oh and the work rate comes first.

Connell didn't really work that hard to be fair
Posted by: Maringer, March 26, 2013, 10:30pm; Reply: 220
Actually, Connell did work really hard during the first half of the season when he scored most of his goals. Later in the season, I remember complaining about his relative lack of effort and he certainly scored a lot fewer goals per game then.
Posted by: barralad, March 26, 2013, 10:33pm; Reply: 221
Quoted from Maringer
Actually, Connell did work really hard during the first half of the season when he scored most of his goals. Later in the season, I remember complaining about his relative lack of effort and he certainly scored a lot fewer goals per game then.

Alan Connell worked hard enough to single-handedly pull a good few games out of the fire in his season here.
Posted by: bobbyturtle, March 26, 2013, 10:34pm; Reply: 222
the biggest game in our non league history is the one that decides whether we go up or not.
Posted by: ackomariner, March 26, 2013, 10:34pm; Reply: 223
Quoted from barralad

I can run round all day long like a headless chicken, but doesn't mean I had a brilliant game. He's a striker, and strikers are there to score goals. Give me some of you crack your smoking too, at least I'll be happy.
Posted by: Maringer, March 26, 2013, 10:37pm; Reply: 224
Quoted from barralad

Alan Connell worked hard enough to single-handedly pull a good few games out of the fire in his season here.

Yes, but not so much after Christmas. He really didn't seem to put in the same legwork in the second half of the season and I remember commenting on it at the time.

I suppose it is possible he was more tired on the heavy pitches in the second half of the season but regardless, the level of effort was lower. Not that it really mattered too much as the rest of the team wasn't near good enough back then.
Posted by: barralad, March 26, 2013, 10:37pm; Reply: 225
Quoted from ackomariner

I can run round all day long like a headless chicken, but doesn't mean I had a brilliant game. He's a striker, and strikers are there to score goals. Give me some of you crack your smoking too, at least I'll be happy.

Hilarious!!
Posted by: bradzmilne, March 26, 2013, 10:58pm; Reply: 226

Yeh but you said in history, obviously every game is important now,  I'd take 6 points in the next 4 games.

6 from the next 4, We need 9 i'd say
Posted by: WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP, March 26, 2013, 11:02pm; Reply: 227
Quoted from bradzmilne

6 from the next 4, We need 9 i'd say

I don't think we NEED 9, macclesfield and forest green aren't in any kind of special form, and to ask for 3 wins out of 4 in one single week is alot to ask
Posted by: bradzmilne, March 26, 2013, 11:07pm; Reply: 228

I don't think we NEED 9, macclesfield and forest green aren't in any kind of special form, and to ask for 3 wins out of 4 in one single week is alot to ask

Well on paper we could win our last 8 but in reality our next 4 are the more you bank on us being more successful in, all it will take is one win to get the ball rolling again and will be like a house on fire - i think its more than possible
Posted by: RonMariner, March 26, 2013, 11:24pm; Reply: 229
Mansfield have now won ten on the bounce, and Kiddy have won ten out of the last 12, and they are both miles ahead of us on points.  So the only possible attainable target for us now is finishing in a play off place and hoping we get a bit of decent luck in a big match for a change. Anything can happen in the play offs and prior form counts for nothing, ask Luton, or ask Wrexham last year. We would have a 25% chance, and with a fit Liam Hearn we have a chance.

The top four are pulling away so realistically we need to be looking over our shoulder at Macc and FGR. We still have a small points cushion over them, so we just need to match their results. If we win on Saturday we will still be in reasonable shape.

So don't panic.

If we don't win on Saturday, then we can all panic.
Posted by: bradzmilne, March 26, 2013, 11:27pm; Reply: 230
Quoted from RonMariner
Mansfield have now won ten on the bounce, and Kiddy have won ten out of the last 12, and they are both miles ahead of us on points.  So the only possible attainable target for us now is finishing in a play off place and hoping we get a bit of decent luck in a big match for a change. Anything can happen in the play offs and prior form counts for nothing, ask Luton, or ask Wrexham last year. We would have a 25% chance, and with a fit Liam Hearn we have a chance.

The top four are pulling away so realistically we need to be looking over our shoulder at Macc and FGR. We still have a small points cushion over them, so we just need to match their results. If we win on Saturday we will still be in reasonable shape.

So don't panic.

Sounds pretty fair to me, I'm sure will do over Barrow on Sautday. Keep the faith!
Posted by: WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP, March 26, 2013, 11:29pm; Reply: 231
Technically, TECHNICALLY, we havn't lost for two games, so hopefully that shows the team have the strength inside to stop that downhill avalanche. Now we just need a striker to step up and score TWO goals, I think cook could do it, we just need to play like we did today really, maybe with more aggression
Posted by: olimariner, March 26, 2013, 11:37pm; Reply: 232
we r not good enough end of...

scott and hurst have had long enough now and not delivered.. 2seasons is a long time mr fenty with no sucesss maybe time for change !?
Posted by: WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP, March 26, 2013, 11:44pm; Reply: 233
Quoted from olimariner

scott and hurst have had long enough now and not delivered.. 2seasons is a long time mr fenty with no sucesss maybe time for change !?

urine offfffffff
Posted by: 1600 (Guest), March 26, 2013, 11:51pm; Reply: 234
Technically, TECHNICALLY, we havn't lost for two games

If you ask me, technically we've been robbed of winning the last 2 games.

Posted by: chaos33, March 27, 2013, 12:09am; Reply: 235
You think we were 'robbed' in the Wrexham game?!?
Posted by: 1600 (Guest), March 27, 2013, 5:01am; Reply: 236
Never a penalty in my book.
I don't give a toss how many saves Macca was forced to make.
Especially when some like you don't seem to give any credit when WE dominate as we did last night.
Any other day we hold out last 10 mins to lift the Cup.
Posted by: chaos33, March 27, 2013, 7:28am; Reply: 237
Cobblers. Either you're robbed or you aren't. Wrexham deserved to win. We weren't robbed, lets not be silly.
We may well have been robbed last night. Obviously we deserved to win and didn't. I don't know what 'credit' you want me to give and to whom, or why you think I haven't done so, but there you go.
We played well but we wasted a golden opportunity to get three vital points. I feel sorry for the players and fans who put in an enormous amount of effort as they always do. It's just a shame that effort isn't enough on its own.
Posted by: wycombemariner, March 27, 2013, 7:35am; Reply: 238
Quoted from olimariner

intercourse off
Posted by: cmackenzie4, March 27, 2013, 8:24am; Reply: 239
Quoted from RonMariner

So don't panic.

Good post Ron and exactly how i see it too.
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, March 27, 2013, 8:37am; Reply: 240
That is how I see it if we win on sat and have a good easter we will be in the playoffs If we can do this with Hearn getting a few run outs to sharpen him up for the playoff matches even better. :) :) :)

Glass now fully half full again. :) :) :)
Posted by: ginnywings, March 27, 2013, 8:54am; Reply: 241
Same old story though isn't it?

We always end up making excuses for another game we didn't win. Played well but were unlucky, that was never a pen, the ref was rubbish, the pitch was rubbish, we have to play more games than everyone else, too many players injured and tired, that was a decent away point.

Then we start saying, if we win the next game, if we win our games in hand, if we have a good christmas, new year, easter period, we'll win the league/ make the play offs/ avoid relegation. It doesn't happen, then another season is gone.

Teams that win things come home with the three points and move on.
Posted by: chaos33, March 27, 2013, 8:55am; Reply: 242
Yep
Posted by: RonMariner, March 27, 2013, 3:59pm; Reply: 243
Quoted from ginnywings

We always end up making excuses for another game we didn't win. Played well but were unlucky, that was never a pen, the ref was rubbish, the pitch was rubbish, we have to play more games than everyone else, too many players injured and tired, that was a decent away point.

Then we start saying, if we win the next game, if we win our games in hand, if we have a good christmas, new year, easter period, we'll win the league/ make the play offs/ avoid relegation. It doesn't happen, then another season is gone.

We are in fifth place with a handy points and goal diff advantage over our closest rivals, neither of whom are exactly on a  great winning streak, with a very winnable home game coming up. Our star striker is strating to come back into the reconing.

Plenty of reasons to be optimistic. :)
Posted by: 1600 (Guest), March 27, 2013, 4:04pm; Reply: 244
Quoted from chaos33
Cobblers. Either you're robbed or you aren't.

Yes we were.
Either it's wasn't a penalty or it was.

My "credit" comment was about how it doesn't seem to matter whether we dominate games or not.
Nothing to do with being "robbed" over the penalty.

Quoted from chaos33
I don't know what 'credit' you want me to give and to who

Any credit to the managers for some good recent performances would be welcome.

Quoted from chaos33
We played well but we wasted a golden opportunity to get three vital points.

There you go again... :-/

How did we "waste" the opportunity exactly when a free kick is given that never should have been ?

Out of interest is EVERY game a "golden opportunity" that's "wasted" if we don't win ?
Cobblers !

Quoted from ginnywings
We always end up making excuses for another game we didn't win.

And what happens when we ride our luck, win 1-0 by not playing our best or Macca pulls off a string of saves to help grab a victory ?

Very few make "excuses" for winning then do they ?

Fact is, periods of good and bad fortune happen.
Some of the results to keep us right up there were "ground out" and most likely, we were most probably punching slightly above our weight.

So perhaps expectations were too high when we went TOP.
But in hindsight, should we not have bothered winning them ?
Should we have been downbeat and still moaned anyway ?

Please just answer me this...
How come these "runs" (good or bad) tend to happen a lot more often than Win, Lose, Win, Lose, Win, Lose etc ?
How come you can get 13 blacks on a roulette table followed by 8 reds ?
How come we haven't won in 6 yet went 18 unbeaten ?

You can't just ignor bad luck, injuries, packed fixture list etc as if we should be winning ALL season.

Quoted from ginnywings

Sorry but win, lose or draw you've been moaning all season.
tbf to you I'm a big fan of looking at the quality of performances (even after a win) and being objective myself.
But when there's never ANY postives to be taken during the whole season, I start to wonder if some people will ever be happy.
Quoted from RonMariner

Can obviously appreciate the point but tbh, I don't even agree.

1) We don't even know how good the performance is yet.
2) It's a one off game. History is history, Nothing we do to change it now.
3) Even if we draw we're 3 games unbeaten.
4) What's the point in panicking anyway ?
5) No time for dissent and no point when you're striving for promotion and another Wembley appearance.

Let's have a recap of recent games shall we ?

Kiddy (H) - beaten by a very good side on the counter
Mansfield (A) - dominated for over an hour, unlucky not to nick one and hold on.
Cambridge (H) - hit badly by injuries, no Niven, deserved a point IMO.
Nuneaton (A) - ok give you that one, but was 2 days later and we conceded on the counter again.
Wrexham (N) - Drew FT, 10 mins from winning
Gateshead (A) - Dominated with a weakened team, very unlucky.

Just one win in that lot (most recently last night) and there's jubilation and no moaning.

Yes it's disappointing but sorry...
Are we really that fickle to look at a string of "results" alone and just ignor everything else ?

People like ginny or chaos can choose to throw the towel in or moan all they like.
But whatever happens on Saturday the underlying fact still remains we're clear in the playoffs after reaching the Trophy final with key players to return.
Posted by: RonMariner, March 27, 2013, 4:11pm; Reply: 245
Whoosh.......

Posted by: 1600 (Guest), March 27, 2013, 4:15pm; Reply: 246
Ron I know you were being slightly sarcastic with your comment ?
Wasn't really replying to you or disagreeing with you.
Simply adding my own thoughts on the subject...

I KNOW for a fact you're one of the best and most positive fans on here.
Posted by: chaos33, March 27, 2013, 4:49pm; Reply: 247
Say what you like, judge who you want, view it your way....that's fine. There is room for critical analysis. This is not the same as negativity. Moaning is not something I do. You seem to regard anybody who challenges your views as 'negative'. Oh, and I'd be willing to bet that you won't find another poster on here who thinks we were 'robbed' in the Trophy final. You know why? Because we weren't. We lost fair and square to the better team on the day.
Posted by: Ipswin, March 27, 2013, 4:54pm; Reply: 248
Quoted from ginnywings

WHS

Posted by: marinerjase, March 27, 2013, 4:57pm; Reply: 249
Did 80'sglory write War & Peace??
Posted by: Ipswin, March 27, 2013, 4:59pm; Reply: 250
Quoted from RonMariner

We are in fifth place with a handy points and goal diff advantage over our closest rivals, neither of whom are exactly on a  great winning streak, with a very winnable home game coming up. Our star striker is strating to come back into the reconing.

Plenty of reasons to be optimistic. :)

Yes but are you satisfied with being the runners up in the Trophy and in the play-offs? I sense that expectations are being lowered almost daily -for instance  where are the 'we can still get automatic I won't give up until it's matematically impossible' folk?

There are still plenty of 'if you'd offered me a cup final and the play-offs last August I'd have taken it' merchants but really are you all satisfied with that? Will you consider the final and a play-off spot a successful season?

Posted by: RonMariner, March 27, 2013, 5:02pm; Reply: 251
Quoted from 1600

I KNOW for a fact you're one of the best and most positive fans on here.

Cheers, and I know that your heart is in the right place too. We are all so desperate to get out of this football graveyard that we can all take it really hard when results don't go our way. Until the end of Feb everything seemed to be going so well and then the wheels fell off.  Having seen the debacle at Nuineaten I do think that the Wembley performance was much much better, and it sounds like we did Ok under the circumstances last night.

Saturday is a big big match. Could eb soemthing of a turning point if we get back to winning ways.

UTM!
Posted by: RonMariner, March 27, 2013, 5:08pm; Reply: 252
Quoted from Ipswin

Yes but are you satisfied with being the runners up in the Trophy and in the play-offs? I sense that expectations are being lowered almost daily -for instance  where are the 'we can still get automatic I won't give up until it's matematically impossible' folk?

There are still plenty of 'if you'd offered me a cup final and the play-offs last August I'd have taken it' merchants but really are you all satisfied with that? Will you consider the final and a play-off spot a successful season?

No, not at all happy to lose the play offs. By optimistic I mean that I think we have a chance of winning the playoffs. And we do.  I remember being hammered 5-0 by Lincoln and then beating them twice in the playoffs. I remember beating Cheltenham twice in the season and then losing to them in the play offs. If we get there, we have chance. And with a fit Disley, Niven and Liam Hearn,  our great keeper, and solid back four, we would be tough for anyone to beat.
Posted by: Ipswin, March 27, 2013, 6:34pm; Reply: 253
Quoted from RonMariner

No, not at all happy to lose the play offs. By optimistic I mean that I think we have a chance of winning the playoffs. And we do.  I remember being hammered 5-0 by Lincoln and then beating them twice in the playoffs. I remember beating Cheltenham twice in the season and then losing to them in the play offs. If we get there, we have chance. And with a fit Disley, Niven and Liam Hearn,  our great keeper, and solid back four, we would be tough for anyone to beat.

So Ron, do you like me think that anything other than promotion (by whichever route) is a failure? In other words only getting out of this league will constitute a successful season irrespective on the Wembley visit and the improved final league position

Posted by: marinerjase, March 27, 2013, 6:40pm; Reply: 254
[quote=54]

So Ron, do you like me think that anything other than promotion (by whichever route) is a failure? In other words only getting out of this league will constitute a successful season irrespective on the Wembley visit and the improved final league position

[/quote

I'd concur with that. You could argue this year has been low on quality in terms of the whole league, certainly not as hard as last year, and therefore a very good chance to get out. If it doesn't happen I'd have strong worries long term on whether we can sustain our present set up. Yes Wembley money may help, in keeping losses down, temporarily..but how long until the next threat/sympathy/warning from the power that be?

Posted by: 1600 (Guest), March 27, 2013, 7:31pm; Reply: 255
Quoted from marinerjase
Yes Wembley money may help, in keeping losses down, temporarily..but how long until the next threat/sympathy/warning from the power that be?

Exactly.
Even more reason to show support and get behind the campaign while we're in with a chance of promotion through the playoffs.
Posted by: highcliff mariner, March 27, 2013, 8:34pm; Reply: 256
Quoted from 1600

I KNOW for a fact you're one of the best and most positive fans on here

the best fan contest ? when is/was it ?
with regard to the qustion do i rate the seeason a failiure without promotion ? yup it would be for me , but i think at full strenbh or close to it ,we are a match for any of the competition , would rather avoid kiddy tho .

UTM

Posted by: ginnywings, March 27, 2013, 8:45pm; Reply: 257
Quoted from chaos33
Say what you like, judge who you want, view it your way....that's fine. There is room for critical analysis. This is not the same as negativity. Moaning is not something I do. You seem to regard anybody who challenges your views as 'negative'. Oh, and I'd be willing to bet that you won't find another poster on here who thinks we were 'robbed' in the Trophy final. You know why? Because we weren't. We lost fair and square to the better team on the day.

Anyone who disagrees with 80's bory is obviously a miserable git who knows nothing about football. I think Town have been pretty much average all season and it pains me to say that the football we play is so boring it's almost unwatchable at times. Just been for a family meal and there was 6 Town fans there, five of whom had been to Wembley, and all of them are drunk off with our style of play. Three of them think if we don't go up, it should be the end of the road for S&H.

Someone said that S&H keep telling us what a good squad we have and that they wouldn't swap them for other players, and yet we constantly fail to win games we should be winning. Time to walk the walk, instead of talk the talk. These were not my words BTW.

Anyway 80's, was so pleased with the negative rep you gave me, that i awarded you a plus. Enjoy it you bore.
Posted by: 1600 (Guest), March 27, 2013, 9:00pm; Reply: 258
This style of play thing is an interesting point.

Whether fans would be quite so drunk off if we were winning I don't know.
Rightly or wrongly I know you've expressed dissatisfaction with the fare on show at BP this season ginny.

I'm a fan of attractive passing football myself.
But let's be honest, under Woods there were complaints about "slackers", lack of hard work etc.

tbh I'm tempted to say "careful what you wish for".
Historically, the last decade hasn't been great and whatever you say, we're doing better this season even if recent results have been poor.

I just struggle to reconcile attractive passing football with a defensive mindset, a player like Derek Niven probably being the most loved and someone like Thanoj often given the cold shoulder.

If there IS to be a change of playing style, I wonder if we can really have our cake and eat it.
And whether some tough decisions need to be taken if we do change.
Posted by: RonMariner, March 27, 2013, 9:45pm; Reply: 259
Quoted from Ipswin

Yes, going up is the only thing that will qualify as true success. If we don't go up we can still say that we have made progress, but it would still leave me dissapointed. I am desperate for us to get out of the BSP.
Posted by: arryarryarry, March 28, 2013, 9:14am; Reply: 260
Quoted from ginnywings

I think Town have been pretty much average all season and it pains me to say that the football we play is so boring it's almost unwatchable at times. Just been for a family meal and there was 6 Town fans there, five of whom had been to Wembley, and all of them are drunk off with our style of play. Three of them think if we don't go up, it should be the end of the road for S&H.

Someone said that S&H keep telling us what a good squad we have and that they wouldn't swap them for other players, and yet we constantly fail to win games we should be winning. Time to walk the walk, instead of talk the talk. These were not my words BTW.

I have to agree with that, no promotion may well be a disaster in football terms considering the threat to pull major funding if we don't go up.

As regards Scott & Hurst, if we don't go up don't be surprised to see them leave of their own accord. ;)

Print page generated: April 28, 2024, 4:08pm