Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Marinerz93, December 26, 2013, 12:56pm
Come on Town
Posted by: IrishMariner, December 26, 2013, 12:57pm; Reply: 1
Just beat me to it!

UTM :D
Posted by: Marinerz93, December 26, 2013, 1:01pm; Reply: 2
Sorry IrishMariner  ;D

Booking for the Gimps within the first minute, twits.
Posted by: RoboCod, December 26, 2013, 1:01pm; Reply: 3
Filthy Gimps, booking after 10 seconds.
Posted by: IrishMariner, December 26, 2013, 1:03pm; Reply: 4
No problem :P

Lets hope we can do this without McDonald!

Doig sounded dodgy under the first one  :-/
Posted by: IrishMariner, December 26, 2013, 1:09pm; Reply: 5
Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnaaaaaaaaaaah   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

1-0
Posted by: RoboCod, December 26, 2013, 1:10pm; Reply: 6
Luv you ROSS !!
Posted by: Marinerz93, December 26, 2013, 1:10pm; Reply: 7
GET IN ROSSI (groupwave) 1-0 Town (groupwave)

9 minutes in, Town lead 1-0
Posted by: IrishMariner, December 26, 2013, 1:12pm; Reply: 8
Apparently Lincoln tried the Poznan earlier!

Cringeworthy doesn't even begin describe it   ;D
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, December 26, 2013, 1:12pm; Reply: 9
Come on Town

Great start with Ross scoring....let's put this one to bed now and put them to the sword (alright I know I'm mixing my metaphors! ;)  )
Posted by: RoboCod, December 26, 2013, 1:16pm; Reply: 10
Are we going to end up with 22 men on the pitch??
Posted by: IrishMariner, December 26, 2013, 1:16pm; Reply: 11
Hatton is getting a roasting it seems,on a yellow now!

Lincoln are coming too close for my liking atm  :-/
Posted by: hook line and sinker, December 26, 2013, 1:16pm; Reply: 12
sounds like hattons getting ripped,get colbeck on infront of him
Posted by: IrishMariner, December 26, 2013, 1:23pm; Reply: 13
Lincoln are hacking away at every chance here,hopefully we can keep injury free here today
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, December 26, 2013, 1:24pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from RoboCod
Are we going to end up with 22 men on the pitch??

Third booking for them and a yellow for Hatton too...seems destined to be a few short come the end of the match :-/
Posted by: hook line and sinker, December 26, 2013, 1:31pm; Reply: 15
come on town hold out n weather the storm
Posted by: Devonmatt, December 26, 2013, 1:35pm; Reply: 16
Have you seen the stats for this referee http://www.soccerbase.com/referees/referee.sd?referee_id=1315&season_id=142 ? Unlikely that this game is finishing 11 v 11.  Cool heads Town.

UTM
Posted by: springstomind, December 26, 2013, 1:36pm; Reply: 17
Hatton has been good recently but he has a nightmare against any pace, the fact we're having to completely take our winger and/or centre back out of the game to cover his defending is irritating.
Posted by: cmackenzie4, December 26, 2013, 1:37pm; Reply: 18
C, Mon Town lets have these Imps.
Posted by: IrishMariner, December 26, 2013, 1:38pm; Reply: 19
2-0

Come on Town,think it was Dizza  ;D
Posted by: Marinerz93, December 26, 2013, 1:38pm; Reply: 20
2-0 Town (groupwave)(groupwave)
Posted by: springstomind, December 26, 2013, 1:39pm; Reply: 21
flipping get in!!
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, December 26, 2013, 1:39pm; Reply: 22
2-0!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

Disley!
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, December 26, 2013, 1:39pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from cmackenzie4
C, Mon Town lets have these Imps.

Good timing there Chris....try and inspire them for the 2nd half now! ;)
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, December 26, 2013, 1:47pm; Reply: 24
Shop hits the post....could have done with that but still a winnable lead we've got here as we finish the 1st half
Posted by: cmackenzie4, December 26, 2013, 1:48pm; Reply: 25
Great news!     WE WANT 3....... hehehe
Posted by: IrishMariner, December 26, 2013, 2:04pm; Reply: 26
We won't catch up on Cambridge today they've won 1-0,what a home record they've got!

Lets just hope we can push on and keep our three points

So do we want Luton losing or would both them and Barnet dropping points be better?
Posted by: RoboCod, December 26, 2013, 2:15pm; Reply: 27
Just want the whistle now, as the game goes on all that's left for Lincoln is to kick lumps out of us, be surprised if we have a full strength squad for NYD.
Posted by: springstomind, December 26, 2013, 2:47pm; Reply: 28
Injuries our only worries today, hopefully they're not bad ones for Mac, Pearson and Kerr
Posted by: RoboCod, December 26, 2013, 2:49pm; Reply: 29
Finally a red for them. Worst team in the division, shameful.
Posted by: cmackenzie4, December 26, 2013, 2:49pm; Reply: 30
Lincoln are a DISGRACE!! :-/
Posted by: RoboCod, December 26, 2013, 2:53pm; Reply: 31
Quoted from cmackenzie4
Lincoln are a DISGRACE!! :-/

They've got one eye on next week. They are that cynical, ask Chester from last week, and nearly everyone else they've played.
Couldn't watch that shite every week, their fans must know nothing about real football or the passing game. Shame for them is, if they actually went down no one would care.
Posted by: Marinerz93, December 26, 2013, 2:58pm; Reply: 32
Dirty Lincoln illegitimates, you really are shite when you play like that, best team won.
Posted by: grimsby pete, December 26, 2013, 3:00pm; Reply: 33
Final score 2-0  ?
Posted by: cmackenzie4, December 26, 2013, 3:00pm; Reply: 34
Quoted from Marinerz93
Dirty Lincoln illegitimates, you really are shite when you play like that, best team won.

How is Dis after that 2 footed tackle and how is Pearson have we heard yet?
Posted by: cmackenzie4, December 26, 2013, 3:01pm; Reply: 35
Quoted from grimsby pete
Final score 2-0  ?

Yes Pete - ended 2.0 to Town. :)
Posted by: grimsby pete, December 26, 2013, 3:04pm; Reply: 36
Quoted from cmackenzie4

Yes Pete - ended 2.0 to Town. :)

Great !!!!
Posted by: Hagrid, December 26, 2013, 3:07pm; Reply: 37
Lincoln are a flipping disgrace but well done town!!
Posted by: Marinerz93, December 26, 2013, 3:12pm; Reply: 38
Quoted from cmackenzie4

How is Dis after that 2 footed tackle and how is Pearson have we heard yet?

I don't know Chris, the scunts are on commentary now  :-/
Posted by: RoboCod, December 26, 2013, 3:22pm; Reply: 39
Fancy them for the drop, can't believe I'm saying that. They've become a joke club in recent years but have always managed to find a little steel and resolve when they needed it but getting Simpleton to run a team.....Jesus H.
His c.v consists of being an assistant to Keith-ball, the sort of thing you'd normally omit from a football management c.v. but in this case it landed him a job.

Dark days at Sincil Bank but I'd rather see an honest club like Chester who have been through a nightmare in recent years succeed and this current Lincoln shower go down.
Well played Town, if Hursty can come through the interview without threatening to take Lincoln to the Trade Descriptions Standards people I'll admire him even more. Can't help feeling this seasons outcome may hinge on today, with the potential injuries to the defence and the Big Mac situation still to become clear.
Posted by: Hagrid, December 26, 2013, 3:25pm; Reply: 40
Read the other thread but struggling to make sense of it, whats this situation with clayton?:/
Posted by: Mariner21, December 26, 2013, 3:30pm; Reply: 41
Nothing! Although PH may shed some light on it during his post match interview at half time of the scunts game on RH.
Posted by: cmackenzie4, December 26, 2013, 3:31pm; Reply: 42
Quoted from RoboCod
Fancy them for the drop, can't believe I'm saying that. They've become a joke club in recent years but have always managed to find a little steel and resolve when they needed it but getting Simpleton to run a team.....Jesus H.
His c.v consists of being an assistant to Keith-ball, the sort of thing you'd normally omit from a football management c.v. but in this case it landed him a job.

Dark days at Sincil Bank but I'd rather see an honest club like Chester who have been through a nightmare in recent years succeed and this current Lincoln shower go down.
Well played Town, if Hursty can come through the interview without threatening to take Lincoln to the Trade Descriptions Standards people I'll admire him even more. Can't help feeling this seasons outcome may hinge on today, with the potential injuries to the defence and the Big Mac situation still to become clear.

Exactly my worry too Robo.  :o
Posted by: Mariner21, December 26, 2013, 3:31pm; Reply: 43
PH says clayton is ill !
Posted by: RoboCod, December 26, 2013, 3:34pm; Reply: 44
Quoted from Mariner21
PH says clayton is ill !

Hmm.. ill as in ILL....or ill as in alcohol intoxication the seasonal sniffles I wonder (confused1)

Sounds a bit weird but let's hope it's the usual internet Chinese whispers and all innocent.
Posted by: cleefish, December 26, 2013, 3:43pm; Reply: 45
(clap)(clap2)(clap2) was in the home end with a m8  there was a lot of disgruntled imp fans they were calling for the managers head  what a load of dirty players they have bet after to day Power when he had accepted towns offer well done lads top boss Paul Hurst . utmm.  ;D ;D
Posted by: mariner91, December 26, 2013, 4:08pm; Reply: 46
We never offered Power anything?!
Posted by: cleefish, December 26, 2013, 4:16pm; Reply: 47
I was told and heard talk of him wanted by town wide spread rumor  .utm.
Posted by: Abdul19, December 26, 2013, 4:21pm; Reply: 48
I read his name on here a bit.
Posted by: alvinghammariner, December 26, 2013, 4:22pm; Reply: 49
An ugly win but a win's a win. Lincoln were bloody awful, bunch of cloggers.
Posted by: RoboCod, December 26, 2013, 4:23pm; Reply: 50
All spread by his agent. He was up for a move, he's not that good, no one came in, he declared himself settled in Lincoln and in love with the club. Usual blah, he's nowhere near consistent enough for what Paul Hurst requires of this Town team.
Posted by: BIGChris, December 26, 2013, 4:39pm; Reply: 51
Quoted from RoboCod
All spread by his agent. He was up for a move, he's not that good, no one came in, he declared himself settled in Lincoln and in love with the club. Usual blah, he's nowhere near consistent enough for what Paul Hurst requires of this Town team.

Sums it up well.

He had a good 90 minutes against us once but today looked a horrible snarling fat lad.
Posted by: 1739 (Guest), December 26, 2013, 4:39pm; Reply: 52
Lincoln were just a bunch of thugs and its not just us who thinks the same. Clayton would have enjoyed todays game I think. They are trying to be Mansfield but they are just poor at doing it, UTM
Posted by: Chrisblor, December 26, 2013, 4:44pm; Reply: 53
Paul Hurst said in the Lincoln preview that we enquired about Power's situation before he signed a new contract with Lincoln and what sort of deal he'd be looking for, however no formal offer was ever made. Hurst implied Power sounded interested about a move when we enquired, but then went and signed a new contract with Lincoln anyway (to Hurst's surprise).

Also Lincoln are dirty girl privates and they can intercourse off. It's no wonder nobody bothers to go to Sincil Bank anymore - who wants to watch 90 minutes of thugs taking long throw-ins?
Posted by: Tom13, December 26, 2013, 5:25pm; Reply: 54
I feel sorry for the poor Lincoln fans who have to turn up and watch that shite every week, a dirty bunch of one-trick ponies. Glad to see Neilson brought off before he got injured in the last 20 minutes of Lincoln booting everyone.

Pleased to see that moron Sheridan sent off for them, cocky little sharp object who got Thomas sent off last year at BP by grabbing his testicles.

Dixon (their no. 17) was one of the worst players I've ever seen, all he did was foul or tread on the ball and despite his size he wasn't even a threat in the air!

Surprised to hear Lincoln are even worse than that away though, didn't think it could be possible! That was the first time anyone has scored more than one at their place this season wasn't it?
Posted by: 1739 (Guest), December 26, 2013, 5:45pm; Reply: 55
It seemed they got to the last half hour and thought lets kick the poo out of them so they don't have anyone left for NYD. I cant see them getting anything from there next 3 games (Halifax away, us and Luton) by that time I think there manager  will be sacked and the revolving door will continue. Can they afford to sack him though seeing as he is on a 3 year deal and a new manager will want new players? The future doesn't look great for them.
Posted by: Caesar, December 26, 2013, 8:09pm; Reply: 56
Awesome result and listening to the RH commentary was hilarious!  They sounded as if they are well dirty and after a bright start must be looking nervously at the four relegation places.  However the best thing about the result is that we have shown we a well rounded team who can beat good passing teams like Kiddy and Barnet while also holding our own against physical sides like Lincoln and Tamworth, hope the injuries are not tooo serious and long may this form continue! UTM
Posted by: bobbyturtle, December 26, 2013, 9:08pm; Reply: 57
disciplined display today, well done,
found it somewhat ironic that lincoln in a farming area used the tactic of agricultural tackles.
Posted by: 1739 (Guest), December 26, 2013, 9:19pm; Reply: 58
A lot of the players could have risen up to Lincolns tactics and got angry but credit to them for not rising up to it as that is what Lincoln wanted.
Posted by: Mighty_Mariner, December 26, 2013, 9:32pm; Reply: 59
Anyone know if Lenny and Scott got much stick from the Gimp fans?
Posted by: BIGChris, December 26, 2013, 9:47pm; Reply: 60
Quoted from Mighty_Mariner
Anyone know if Lenny and Scott got much stick from the Gimp fans?

Scott certainly did but when Ross headed in his corner he celebrated in front of the Imps fans in the co-op stand. He then delivered the free kick for Dizza to head the 2nd so he responded in the right way to the boo boys
Posted by: Nelly GTFC, December 26, 2013, 9:49pm; Reply: 61
More or less what has been said regarding Alan Power is on the Grimsby Telegraph website today.

[url=http://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/Hurst-surprised-Power-s-extended-Imps-deal/story-20368382-detail/story.html]http://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/Hurst-surprised-Power-s-extended-Imps-deal/story-20368382-detail/story.html[/url]
Posted by: RoboCod, December 26, 2013, 10:08pm; Reply: 62
Picture says it all.  "What did I do?". Backed up by Rowe who could have seen red after 30 seconds, backed up by Power who was lucky to stay on, backed up by other assorted sub-standard footballers (in red shirts).
[img]http://www.lincolnshireecho.co.uk/images/localworld/ugc-images/276392/Gallery/images/20369046/5659510.jpg[/img]

This one's better though...
[img]http://www.lincolnshireecho.co.uk/images/localworld/ugc-images/276392/Gallery/images/20369046/5659512.jpg[/img]
Posted by: BIGChris, December 26, 2013, 10:11pm; Reply: 63
That number 27, Foster has to be one of the worst players I have seen at Conference level
Posted by: Tom13, December 26, 2013, 10:15pm; Reply: 64
Quoted from BIGChris
That number 27, Foster has to be one of the worst players I have seen at Conference level

Jordan (no.4) and Dixon (no.17) gave him a run for his money though!
Posted by: bobbyturtle, December 26, 2013, 10:23pm; Reply: 65
can not stop singing, 'i want to go home'
great day out  ;D
Posted by: mariner91, December 26, 2013, 10:27pm; Reply: 66
I thought Tomlinson was terrible!
Posted by: Tom13, December 26, 2013, 10:52pm; Reply: 67
Quoted from mariner91
I thought Tomlinson was terrible!

He's one of those strikers who doesn't seem to be particularly good at anything, and he isn't a particular type of striker either - just completely mediocre.
Posted by: Abdul19, December 26, 2013, 10:55pm; Reply: 68
With his floppy hair, sleeve and little end product, Power oozed non league footballer.

I also wanted to shoehorn a bookie gag involving him and McLaughlin but I couldn't think of one.
Posted by: mariner91, December 26, 2013, 10:58pm; Reply: 69
Quoted from Abdul19
With his floppy hair, sleeve and little end product, Power oozed non league footballer.

I also wanted to shoehorn a bookie gag involving him and McLaughlin but I couldn't think of one.

;D
Posted by: LH, December 26, 2013, 11:00pm; Reply: 70
Quoted from Abdul19

We hear you Abdul.
Posted by: 1739 (Guest), December 26, 2013, 11:06pm; Reply: 71
I saw a few incidents where their players kept on pushing and pulling our players during throw ins and corners. I hope the referee is aware of it at BP. I think Clayton will enjoy himself if he plays in the game at BP, I would like to see some of the Gimps try to bully him.
Posted by: BIGChris, December 26, 2013, 11:37pm; Reply: 72
Quoted from 1739
I saw a few incidents where their players kept on pushing and pulling our players during throw ins and corners. I hope the referee is aware of it at BP. I think Clayton will enjoy himself if he plays in the game at BP, I would like to see some of the Gimps try to bully him.

I also saw Town players holding defenders in key incidences. The two goals for starters!!!! ;)
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, December 27, 2013, 5:24pm; Reply: 73
Quoted from Abdul19

Bet you could... ;)
Print page generated: May 7, 2024, 8:45pm