Mackreth
Brown
Disley
Arnold

Palmer
LJL

Subs: Parslow, Clay, Chapell, Hannah, Pittman
Posted by: buckstown, April 11, 2015, 2:46pm; Reply: 1
So can anybody explain the bookings situation for Toto and Pearson. Do the get cancelled after today?
Posted by: Madeleymariner, April 11, 2015, 2:51pm; Reply: 2
Premiership bookings are cleared from tomorrow as mentioned watching the Swansea match
Posted by: LongEatonMariner, April 11, 2015, 3:00pm; Reply: 3
I'm happy with that team! UTM
Posted by: MeanwoodMariner, April 11, 2015, 3:01pm; Reply: 4
I'm pretty sure Pearson is now clear of danger as he's on 8, and they get cleared after today if you have less than 10.
Posted by: TheRealJohnLewis, April 11, 2015, 3:06pm; Reply: 5
Barnet 1-0 up
Posted by: cmackenzie4, April 11, 2015, 3:12pm; Reply: 6
C,Mon Town!    sounds a bit quiet at the minute.
Posted by: TheRealJohnLewis, April 11, 2015, 3:14pm; Reply: 7
Bristol 1-0 up
Posted by: Madeleymariner, April 11, 2015, 3:14pm; Reply: 8
Brizzle winning
Posted by: Badger57, April 11, 2015, 3:15pm; Reply: 9
And Rovers.
Just about worst possible start with their nerves calmed from the off! :-(
Posted by: cmackenzie4, April 11, 2015, 3:15pm; Reply: 10
We need to win this. :o
Posted by: horsforthmariner, April 11, 2015, 3:15pm; Reply: 11
I have a nasty suspicion that today could be the day our title chances end.
Posted by: cmackenzie4, April 11, 2015, 3:16pm; Reply: 12
Bloody hell! 1.0 down  :-/
Posted by: horsforthmariner, April 11, 2015, 3:17pm; Reply: 13
Damn it
Posted by: ginnywings, April 11, 2015, 3:17pm; Reply: 14
We are shite at home.
Posted by: TheRealJohnLewis, April 11, 2015, 3:17pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from horsforthmariner
I have a nasty suspicion that today could be the day our title chances end.

Yep
Posted by: Madeleymariner, April 11, 2015, 3:17pm; Reply: 16
Well were guaranteed at least 3rd place I think so we get 2nd leg at home
Posted by: cmackenzie4, April 11, 2015, 3:20pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from ginnywings
We are shite at home.

I find it very strange why we can play well away from home but average/poor at home, really is bizarre!  :-/
Posted by: grimps, April 11, 2015, 3:20pm; Reply: 18
This is just the same as every other home game I've been to this season , Hurst he know idea how to go for it and now he'll be out of a job in a few weeks
Posted by: Meza, April 11, 2015, 3:21pm; Reply: 19
Yep Gateshead and Wrexham are not easy games.  Playoffs for Town.  And i said Barnet will win the league.

Need to hope for Macclesfield in playoffs  in fact im not confident against any of the teams around the playoffs
Posted by: Kymariner12, April 11, 2015, 3:24pm; Reply: 20
Think I'd prefer us to finish 4th and have that second leg away when you consider how things have gone this season. We were never really in a position to win the league and can be thankful the playoffs have been secured early on. More concerned about maintaining the unbeaten run so come on Town!
Posted by: Meza, April 11, 2015, 3:25pm; Reply: 21
If we dont go up i think a new manager should be appointed.  Hurst has done well but not well enough.  He's been at town for a while and sometimes things go stale and need a change.
Posted by: ginnywings, April 11, 2015, 3:26pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from cmackenzie4

I find it very strange why we can play well away from home but average/poor at home, really is bizarre!  :-/

Away form, top of the league. Home form, mid table. We can't seem to change from the way we play away to a more attacking approach at home.
Posted by: Mariner Timsky, April 11, 2015, 3:29pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from Madeleymariner
Well were guaranteed at least 3rd place I think so we get 2nd leg at home

Much prefer a home leg 1st tbh
Posted by: Madeleymariner, April 11, 2015, 3:32pm; Reply: 24
And be trailing, I know we are better away but that tends to be because the opposition dont park the bus.
Posted by: TheRealJohnLewis, April 11, 2015, 3:32pm; Reply: 25
Away leg first for me, take a lead into the home game and away team will have to attack and it'll leave the game open.

Home first and we will have to chase a deficit away from home.
Posted by: Meza, April 11, 2015, 3:35pm; Reply: 26
Could be FGR  rather than Macclesfield
Posted by: Kymariner12, April 11, 2015, 3:36pm; Reply: 27
Just worry a new manager will mean another period of adjustment. Took Hurst/Scott 2 seasons to reach the playoffs, can't imagine another season in this league let alone a 10th placed finish for example
Posted by: TheRealJohnLewis, April 11, 2015, 3:37pm; Reply: 28
Quoted from Meza

Or Eastleigh if they win thier games in hand.
Posted by: Mariner Timsky, April 11, 2015, 3:37pm; Reply: 29
Quoted from Meza

The away leg will be fun!!!!! Inflatables anyone?!?!?!?!
Posted by: chaos33, April 11, 2015, 3:38pm; Reply: 30
Sounds like we are no threat at all.
Posted by: Madeleymariner, April 11, 2015, 3:41pm; Reply: 31
Rodman just missed a penalty for Gateshead
Posted by: cmackenzie4, April 11, 2015, 3:45pm; Reply: 32
Barnet 2.0 up. They are doing the biz when it really matters, Just wish Town could!  :o
Posted by: TheRealJohnLewis, April 11, 2015, 3:46pm; Reply: 33
Barnet 2-0
Posted by: horsforthmariner, April 11, 2015, 3:47pm; Reply: 34
With Barnet winning 2-0 it might not be the worse thing if we do end up losing - allow our key players to have a couple of weeks off and be raring to go for the play offs
Posted by: ginnywings, April 11, 2015, 3:48pm; Reply: 35
Quoted from cmackenzie4
Barnet 2.0 up. They are doing the biz when it really matters, Just wish Town could!  :o

This is my frustration with the Hurst reign. We get ourselves nearly there, then falter every time. He just doesn't seem to have that extra 10% needed.
Posted by: Chrisblor, April 11, 2015, 3:54pm; Reply: 36
Complete rubbish this. Every town player is awful. Wrexham are winning every challenge and have been trying to slow the game to a crawl every time they have a throw, set piece or goal kick. Just a terrible game to watch.
Posted by: Meza, April 11, 2015, 3:57pm; Reply: 37
Sometimes he creates his own issues.  One minute he is saying only 1 change to make then makes 5 eh!!

He has done well and so he should tbf.  Nope new change for me.
Posted by: MeanwoodMariner, April 11, 2015, 3:58pm; Reply: 38
Quoted from cmackenzie4

It sounds awful today but I don't think it's fair to sum it up like that. It has really mattered for the last few weeks and we've been doing the biz.
Posted by: buckstown, April 11, 2015, 4:00pm; Reply: 39
The frustration for me is that we didn't sign a 25 goal striker. With a Hearn or Connell we'd be champions by now
Posted by: moosey_club, April 11, 2015, 4:00pm; Reply: 40
half time...garbage...too slow...too static...too deep.....45 mins of predictable repetetive ineffective football....earn your wages Hurst and shake it up
Posted by: chaos33, April 11, 2015, 4:05pm; Reply: 41
Whichever way you want to look at it, it's still bl00dy poor. My question to the players would be 'how much do you f**king want it?!
As for Hurst - well he neeeds to do something. To change something, because whatever is said - in our last two home games we haven't delivered (ok, I know this one is only half done), against average teams with little to play for, and the players are letting themselves and the supporters down.
The way the Barnet and Bristol Rovers games are going, the title race is now all but over, which is just as much to do with our performances/results in these final crucial games as theirs.
Posted by: Mariner Timsky, April 11, 2015, 4:05pm; Reply: 42
Quoted from buckstown
The frustration for me is that we didn't sign a 25 goal striker. With a Hearn or Connell we'd be champions by now

Or even Akinde, , currently on 32 out of Barnets 90 goals this season, , not bad eh
Posted by: ginnywings, April 11, 2015, 4:09pm; Reply: 43
Half time sub for the first time i can remember but probably only because of the injury to Robertson. Seems to me that when the onus is on Town to attack, we can't adjust from the way we play away from home. Not had enough goal threat all season for me. Been better lately but too little too late and left ourselves no margin for error like Barnet did.
Posted by: Teestogreen, April 11, 2015, 4:14pm; Reply: 44
2 horse race now 8)
Posted by: Mariner Timsky, April 11, 2015, 4:15pm; Reply: 45
Quoted from Teestogreen
2 horse race now 8)

Non footy post! Go the grand national thread  :P :P
Posted by: cmackenzie4, April 11, 2015, 4:17pm; Reply: 46
This sounds Drab!  :-/
Posted by: Teestogreen, April 11, 2015, 4:20pm; Reply: 47
The horses are called Barnet and Bristol Rovers - each 2-0 up at the moment :)

There was a faller at the second to last - namely Grimsby Town . Gets another chance next month though. :)
Posted by: KingstonMariner, April 11, 2015, 4:22pm; Reply: 48
Back to the old Town by sounds of it. Well it was nice while it lasted. Need to gee things up in the final two games so we can regain momentum for the play offs.
Posted by: Mariner Timsky, April 11, 2015, 4:23pm; Reply: 49
Quoted from Teestogreen
The horses are called Barnet and Bristol Rovers - each 2-0 up at the moment :)

There was a faller at the second to last - namely Grimsby Town . Gets another chance next month though. :)

Love it
Posted by: ginnywings, April 11, 2015, 4:31pm; Reply: 50
In games such as this when we get ourselves behind at home, i never feel like we are going to get a charge on and turn things around. We just seem to plough the same furrow for the rest of the game without getting anywhere. Come from behind wins are very scarce. Need one now or never.
Posted by: horsforthmariner, April 11, 2015, 4:32pm; Reply: 51
Come back after losing a load of cash on the national to come back to listening to Town play rubbish - What a cack day
Posted by: Mariner Timsky, April 11, 2015, 4:34pm; Reply: 52
FFS Town.  Just go for it !!!! Why are they offering so little!?!? A win today is what's needed and they are offering nothing, ,
Posted by: immariner, April 11, 2015, 4:36pm; Reply: 53
Before today we hadn't won the last 9 home games with an attendance above 4000...today's attendance 4138.

Unbelievable. Sounds so poor today. Lacking urgency and drive? WTF!!
Posted by: Meza, April 11, 2015, 4:36pm; Reply: 54
Players want to play in the playoffs and not get injured....Personally it all boils down to who has the biggest nads
Posted by: cmackenzie4, April 11, 2015, 4:38pm; Reply: 55
The most important thing after today is that we dust ourselves down and get ready for Southport, We need to get back to winning ways and get that momentum going again going in to the Play offs.
Posted by: horsforthmariner, April 11, 2015, 4:40pm; Reply: 56
The club really messed up not selling tickets for the final two home games of the season before the Gateshead game.
Posted by: Meza, April 11, 2015, 4:44pm; Reply: 57
I wonder what type of reaction the players will get come FT
Posted by: cmackenzie4, April 11, 2015, 4:51pm; Reply: 58
Play offs it is!
Posted by: chaos33, April 11, 2015, 4:52pm; Reply: 59
What a load of sh1te, and a kick in the balls for the supporters.
Posted by: immariner, April 11, 2015, 4:52pm; Reply: 60
To go from needing a last minute equaliser last week to such an inept performance today with what's at stake is so galling. Everyone did so well to get us so close but we're shameful at home.
Posted by: Mariner Timsky, April 11, 2015, 4:54pm; Reply: 61
JT just said worst performance of the season. As had Crofty just said a championship winning team can't lose 7 at home. On to the play offs it is. 3rd time lucky???
Posted by: cmackenzie4, April 11, 2015, 4:54pm; Reply: 62
I could sense this was coming but i can't help but feel so deflated.
Posted by: horsforthmariner, April 11, 2015, 4:56pm; Reply: 63
play offs and we seem to be going off the boil at exactly the wrong moment
Posted by: ginnywings, April 11, 2015, 4:57pm; Reply: 64
Never let myself get carried away about winning the league as i felt it was too much to ask but i now worry about a performance like this in the play offs, which we are well capable of all too regularly.
Posted by: RoboCod, April 11, 2015, 4:57pm; Reply: 65
We'll be very lucky to go up this year IMO. To a neutral today they could have mistaken Wrexham for promotion contenders, they've kicked us, hustled us, made time wasting subs at the end....painful to say but mid-table Wrexham wanted it more today.
Posted by: Madeleymariner, April 11, 2015, 5:00pm; Reply: 66
Meh :(
Posted by: KingstonMariner, April 11, 2015, 5:04pm; Reply: 67
Sounds like the squad including the manager have let everyone down today. Maybe everyone is fearful of getting injured/suspended for the playoffs.
Posted by: cmackenzie4, April 11, 2015, 5:05pm; Reply: 68
Quoted from RoboCod
We'll be very lucky to go up this year IMO. To a neutral today they could have mistaken Wrexham for promotion contenders, they've kicked us, hustled us, made time wasting subs at the end....painful to say but mid-table Wrexham wanted it more today.

Vey worrying indeed! really hope we bounce back next week and learn from today, best to happen now than in the play offs, Just hope Paul Hurst gets the team up for it.
Posted by: Madeleymariner, April 11, 2015, 5:09pm; Reply: 69
I hope he puts kids and reserves in as half the team for the rest of the season so no one has more than 90 mins in the next couple of games, keep them rested and hopefully less injuries.
Posted by: Hagrid, April 11, 2015, 5:15pm; Reply: 70
we were utterly crap today!
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, April 11, 2015, 5:22pm; Reply: 71
Yep not one shot on goal just never had an idea. To concede the brilliant run in such a fashion was very disappointing we never even looked like getting anything. Wrexham played the windy conditions a lot better and had more chances definitely a day to forget. :( :(  
Posted by: Tangerine Chris, April 11, 2015, 5:25pm; Reply: 72
Once again a team come to BP, park the bus, then do a smash and grab goal.  We were clueless, toothless and useless
Posted by: louth_in_the_south, April 11, 2015, 5:32pm; Reply: 73
FGR are going to do us 1-0 home and away I can see it already !
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, April 11, 2015, 5:41pm; Reply: 74
Smash and grab is a bit harsh on Wrexham they certainly were not hanging on and looked very comfortable at the back our lack of pace was really exposed today. The crowd were silent but with good reason town never had a single shot on goal.

Well thats twice the Welshmen have out played us it was like being back at bloody Wembley that time,

Carn't blame lack of effort but we could not break them down that really was a horror show.

One other thing our corners and free kicks are abysmal and have been all season.
Posted by: GrimExile, April 11, 2015, 6:00pm; Reply: 75
A truly awful display, no doubt about it and the players did not earn their wages today.

Being an exile I mostly see them away from home but I was at the match today and I was at the Gateshead match too. From my experience it seems to me there are two different types of fans. At home as soon as anything goes wrong the crowd are on their backs and this must effect the players and make it very hard to play with any sort of freedom. Away from home it is a totally different situation. The fans are more positive and consequently they play much better and certainly with less pressure. I do appreciate that I have probably over simplified everything but I think there is a lot more than a grain of truth in what I say.

UTM!!
Posted by: GrimExile, April 11, 2015, 6:03pm; Reply: 76
Regarding my above post I am not making excuses for the players. Irrespective of the crowd they were truly terrible today and the performance unacceptable. The only positive thing I can say is surely they can't ever play as badly again!!

UTM
Posted by: nightrider, April 11, 2015, 6:05pm; Reply: 77
Seriously, are Grimsby fans really different to every other team in the world??
Poor excuse imo
Posted by: GrimExile, April 11, 2015, 6:13pm; Reply: 78
Night Rider you make a valid point. Maybe it's because I see GTFC at many more away games than I do home games,  consequently I may notice the home criticism more. One thing I do want to repeat so people are absolutely sure I am not trying to make excuses for the team, and that is I think that was probably the worse performance I've seen in many years from a town side. They should be embarrassed in collecting their wages this week. I just hope that they use this as motivation to get back to form for the play offs. I am so fed up in being in this terrible league. We must at least try and stay positive though. UTM
Posted by: Mariner Timsky, April 11, 2015, 6:21pm; Reply: 79
On another note it should of been all home wins in the league today, , well done Town for messing that one up as well.
Print page generated: April 28, 2024, 1:42pm