Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  The New Fishy  /  
Posted by: bartgtfc, April 25, 2024, 8:51pm
Playing against RRs hometown club Vancouver Whitecaps pre season friendly.

$130.00 minimum ticket price around £65.00 !!

Must be bloody crackers if they pay that to watch a pre season friendly against a 3rd division side 😜
Posted by: moosey_club, April 25, 2024, 9:05pm; Reply: 1
Good luck to them now. Hope they smash their way through the divisions and win the Premier League and Champions League.
Can they still qualify for a European Cup if they win Welsh Cup? ..or does that back door not exist anymore?
Posted by: mimma, April 25, 2024, 9:17pm; Reply: 2
Welsh clubs cannot enter the Welsh and English cups together. It gives them 2 chances. They can only play in one or the other.
Posted by: livosnose, April 25, 2024, 9:20pm; Reply: 3
Good on them.  If it was us we would be buzzing.
Posted by: mariner tommy, April 25, 2024, 9:45pm; Reply: 4
I’ve changed my view of them since we played them here, they played decent football, didn’t dive all over the place, and beat us fair and square playing a good brand of football. Best of luck to them.
Posted by: Vance Warner, April 25, 2024, 9:49pm; Reply: 5
Worth remembering the fans who donated to help our supporters get to the play off final. To do that after the play off game was a magnificent gesture.
Posted by: TonySmith, April 25, 2024, 10:21pm; Reply: 6
After 15 long years representing the whole of North Wales in non-league football, including one season when they got 90 + points and still weren't promoted, I don't begrudge them a darned thing. I always get Ryan Reynolds confused with Ryan Gosling so I wonder if he might be interested in a spin off show featuring an unfashionable club with lots of history and a devoted fan base in a town that once upon a time had the largest fishing fleet in the world but is now suffering from economic recession. There could be a real feel-good Hollywood story in their rise through the divisions to former heights. Just a thought! :)
Posted by: LocalLadGTFC, April 25, 2024, 10:46pm; Reply: 7
Aye Wrexham fans are a good bunch, very good club and fell on hard times like ourselves... now living a fairytale. No issue with the club at all, it's the media glorifying everything that does my nut in.
Posted by: louth_in_the_south, April 26, 2024, 1:34am; Reply: 8
If it was us I’d be trying my best to find the ££ to go . Fair play to Wrexham fans , they deserve it after years in the doldrums. The lucky fookers 🤣
Posted by: diehardmariner, April 26, 2024, 9:29am; Reply: 9
Quoted from LocalLadGTFC
Aye Wrexham fans are a good bunch, very good club and fell on hard times like ourselves... now living a fairytale. No issue with the club at all, it's the media glorifying everything that does my nut in.

And the arrogance from their new fans.
Posted by: LH, April 26, 2024, 9:34am; Reply: 10
For balance I hope they fail and Wales seperates itself from England and floats off into the Atlantic.
Posted by: David Frazer, April 26, 2024, 7:48pm; Reply: 11
I think its £9million + that Gosling and Reynolds have LENT them ,lets hope they dont lose interest and demand the money back!
Posted by: HerveJosse, April 26, 2024, 7:55pm; Reply: 12
Proper football club for pulling in 12000 every week from a population smaller then N E Lincs they deserve success.
Posted by: WesternMariner, April 26, 2024, 7:56pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from David Frazer
I think its £9million + that Gosling and Reynolds have LENT them ,lets hope they dont lose interest and demand the money back!

It’s alright the fans trust those in charge 150million%.

(See Lincoln thread post 263)
Posted by: immariner, April 26, 2024, 10:52pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from HerveJosse
Proper football club for pulling in 12000 every week from a population smaller then N E Lincs they deserve success.

Their catchment population is way more than ours. The whole of north Wales can be reasonably considered to be their catchment, plus parts of west Cheshire and north west Shropshire. Easy 500,000-600,000+. That's why Hollywood are there
Posted by: Eastendmariner, April 27, 2024, 9:36am; Reply: 15
no hard feelings, its the media expose that irritates me, good luck after all had one of the best away days  at the Racecourse !
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, April 27, 2024, 9:47am; Reply: 16
Quoted from immariner

Their catchment population is way more than ours. The whole of north Wales can be reasonably considered to be their catchment, plus parts of west Cheshire and north west Shropshire. Easy 500,000-600,000+. That's why Hollywood are there

But you are not comparing like for like. On that basis we could include North Linconshire with North East Lincolnshire which gives us a catchment of about 350,000 with really only Scunthorpe as competition.
Print page generated: May 18, 2024, 10:11pm