Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Match Thread
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 94 Guests

Match Thread

This thread currently has 31,727 views. Print
27 Pages Prev ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 Next All Recommend Thread
grimsby pete
August 11, 2012, 5:55pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,825
Gold Stars: 222
Just remember we lost at home the 1st game last season,

SO

We have got a point from 1ST game that was away from home  so we are  DOING BETTER THAN LAST SEASON !!!!!!!!

No team can play well and win every game, lets give them a chance before we start calling them , Jeese

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 200 - 267
ROKERITE
August 11, 2012, 5:56pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: +425
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from bobbyturtle
A good point for a team with six debutants and the top scorer out injured.

Utm

I have to agree. It's disappointing to be five minutes from victory and drop two points but it's hardly a bad result. Some of the doom and gloom on this thread is a little odd. Mind, Mansfield fans are in despair and Luton's aren't overjoyed; so overreaction is not restricted to Lincolnshire.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 201 - 267
grimsby pete
August 11, 2012, 6:01pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,825
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from 470
I bet a few lost some bets today!

Only Wrexham out of the so called top teams who have won!

[img]http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/2703/resultswk1.jpg[/img]

What a load of rubbish, Luton , Gateshead,Forest Green, Cambridge, and Mansfield all failed to win,

Ebbsfleet to be champions  

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 202 - 267
Gary Haddock
August 11, 2012, 6:07pm

Neither above nor beneath
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.52
Rep Score: +44 / -5
Approval: +6
it's first game of the season alot of clubs treat it like a cup game, like Scott quite well put it "you will see strange results on the first game of a season just look at some of the other results". Like Lincoln! never expected them to beat Kidderminster. early stages yet at least we didn't loose. BRING ON STOCKPORT!

[IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/zya4af.jpg[/IMG]

GTFC's black and white army.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/GTFCs-black-and-white-army/494332320600710?ref=hl
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 203 - 267
carrot top
August 11, 2012, 6:10pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +22 / -1
Approval: +817
Gold Stars: 2
I expect another draw on Tuesday. Stockport will be no mugs this season and I expect them to be up there. We have to beat teams like Southport. According to the stats they had one attempt on target

[color=black]The Ecky 1977
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 204 - 267
Harry Haddock
August 11, 2012, 6:22pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +18 / -8
Approval: +670
Gold Stars: 5
Let me get this straight... we've played our first game of the season, with new players, away from home, against a team we struggled against last season and from the sounds of it we've had the better chances, yet some people are knocking the team ? Yes Wood has made a mistake, most players do, but it doesn't mean he should be out of the team on tuesday night. Some people really need to get a grip !

UTFM

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 205 - 267
Marinerz93
August 11, 2012, 6:27pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
I'm happy with a point and for all Brad's hard work during the game he makes one mistake and it costs us the win but I'm not holding that against him like some.  We had the beating of one of the better teams in this league and this Town team will get stronger and more ruthless.  Opening 5 games do not tell you how the season is going to go and from memory the best Town teams take a few games to get going.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 206 - 267
upthestripes

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.39
Rep Score: +68 / -8
Approval: +7
Not disappointed with a point away in a tough opener. Real buddy for Bradders though who sounded like he'd had a very good game apart from that one silly and costly mistake.

[img]http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb71/levite_photo/town/2959063.jpg[/img]

Hitman Hearn - BP Gangsta
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 207 - 267
lorenxox

Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Quoted from Harry Haddock
Let me get this straight... we've played our first game of the season, with new players, away from home, against a team we struggled against last season and from the sounds of it we've had the better chances, yet some people are knocking the team ? Yes Wood has made a mistake, most players do, but it doesn't mean he should be out of the team on tuesday night. Some people really need to get a grip !

UTFM

finally someone that talks sense!
Private Message
Reply: 208 - 267
80sglory
August 11, 2012, 6:29pm
Guest User
Quoted from ginnywings
Happy-ish with an away point first game but it's the manner in which we regularly chuck 2 points away that's annoying. Said time and again we need to be more ruthless

A goal up Town will defend, a goal down they'll attack. (generally but especially away)
Whatever the merits of a point you can't say it hasn't happened for donkeys years.

I predict as long as people keep trying to defend and protect everything off the pitch, the team will do the same and it will backfire.
I guess people think they're helping the club by always defending everything.
Personally I think they're helping sow the seeds of our own underachievement in the process and part of the underlying problem ala lowering expectations.

The people who keep banging on about the importance of "clean sheets" (at 1-0 in control !  ) sum up everything that is floored with our approach.

A lot is made of fans wrongly criticizing players(ok it shouldn't be unconstructive) but NEVER criticize them they're probably gonna shy away from taking a risk or being brave when it matters most.
Instead they'll keep dropping back deep trying to hang on knowing full well if it all goes wrong they'll be defended anyway.
Managers aren't without some blame either IMO - it's getting more and more like "safety first" (except it puts us in greater danger) and I doubt whether preparing excuses in advance talking up the opposition helps much either.

Not saying we can't be up there but when the chips are down I doubt if I will be brimming with confidence we will deliver.
Roll on two winnable home games...
Reply: 209 - 267
27 Pages Prev ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Match Thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.