Madeleymariner
March 9, 2013, 4:57pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,061
Gold Stars: 50
Quoted from northbankmariner
hang on guys, whats with blaming the shop, bit of an over reaction i think, yes he hasnt hit the ground running but you are slagging him off on here, and like myself we are not at the match and relying on radio commentry, its unfair on him to comment like this as we are not watching what his contribution has been like this afternoon. The problem might be we have too  many strikers and with so many options scott and hurst dont now know their favoured front two, it does seem we havent got a settled strikeforce doesnt it, but hardly LJL's fault the club are overloaded with strikers. any strike pairing need a number of games together to buld up that understanding, we seem to be choppping and changing too much, thats my onlu slight criticism.
We have no right to beat kiddy, and we are still having a fantastic season, lets not forget that. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  UTM

The chopping and changing has been the problem, why drop Hannah a couple of games after you sign him for someone who has a crap goalscoring record over the last 2 years, Hannah & Brodie injured then he is there as back up, but change for the sake of it does not work.
It should be Cook & Hannah every game till they cant run, that was the front pair when we went on the great run so thats whet we should start with every week. as for taking Hannah off when we are well on top is a terrible decision.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 92
mariner91
March 9, 2013, 4:58pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,695
Gold Stars: 262
Quoted from psgmariner

Don't agree. We needed to strengthen and we did. The fact John Lewis has been junk is the problem. The signings of Naylor, Brodie and John Lewis showed ambition and that we were serious about winning the league not taking the cheap option of sticking with what we had.

Agree with this. If we'd signed a striker who was playing well then it wouldn't have mattered. But he has no assists or goals to his name yet which is quite poor after 6 weeks of being here.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 92
hook line and sinker
March 9, 2013, 5:16pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +14 / -5
Approval: +37
There are bogey team,they was gifted 3 goals n took all their chances.saying that we should of won today but missing key players n shocking substitutions cost us.didnt expect a easy win today but slightly let down how we lost the game.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 92
MarinerCraig
March 9, 2013, 5:18pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +3 / 0
I think this result pretty much means Tuesday's game is a must-not-lose game...7-pts behind Mansfield (with a game in hand), not to mention Wrexham and Newport (as I don't generally believe Kidderminster are good enough to win this league, even after today).

The problem today was just an inability to score when we had the ball in good territory, in inability to break down their back four and sloppily giving the ball away leading to three good counter-attacks.  I agree with the comments on LJL, personally, going to every home game and some away games, I don't understand what he offers to the cause.  I think Hannah & Cook are our best combination, but we need to start scoring goals soon, believe we have only scored more than 2 twice since the turn of the year (3-0 v Dartford in FA Trophy and 4-2 v Alfreton, correct me if I am wrong).  I thought Niven was missed today, he is good at breaking up those attacks and counters, and ultimately 3 counter-attacks cost us, which Niven may or may not have been able to stop.

On one other note, I think it's ridiculous how (again) the crowd turn on each other, giving part-timers stick (yes I would prefer them to come everyweek) but them going to Wembley is making us money.  Also parts of the Pontoon were giving each other stick, questioning who is a real fan because some left early and some don't stand and sing for 90 minutes...just something I find pathetic
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 92
aldi_01
March 9, 2013, 5:31pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Let the over reaction begin...it's the most predictable thing in this league.

We lost, we didnt play well, they capitalised on that. We have another game on Tuesday. No point playing the blame game just get in and support them. It's far from over.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 92
Martz86
March 9, 2013, 5:37pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +10 / -1
Approval: +129
Gold Stars: 1
The reason we lost was because the attendance was over 4k, keep it below 4k and we'd have won today...this statistic of playing crap in front of large crowds is becoming pathetic, it surely can't be coincidence.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 92
fishkeeper
March 9, 2013, 5:47pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +2 / -1
Approval: +136
its as simple as this town  were not good enough today certain players should take a good hard look at themselves and play for the team ie track back and help out instead of just ambling about after losing the ball . but the biggest mistake was made by the managers why take off the player who looked like scoring and was playing well . we should have took off marshall eariler and gone for it with another striker on ie brodie. but i am sure we will play better tue . UP THE TOWN
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 92
Bruce Springsteen
March 9, 2013, 5:57pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +4 / -9
Approval: -315
The title has gone we will not win enough games now to finish top
We haven't really been the same side as before
Xmas and the problem for s and h is that neither
Brodie Hannah or the SHop have stepped up.

We need Kiddy to go on and win it and hope
That Hearn fires on all cylinders.  We can
Get out via the playoffs, don't think there is much between what's
There at present but we need Hearn
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 92
Badger57
March 9, 2013, 6:01pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +1,914
Gold Stars: 30
Quoted from northbankmariner
hang on guys, whats with blaming the shop, bit of an over reaction i think, yes he hasnt hit the ground running but you are slagging him off on here, and like myself we are not at the match and relying on radio commentry, its unfair on him to comment like this as we are not watching what his contribution has been like this afternoon. The problem might be we have too  many strikers and with so many options scott and hurst dont now know their favoured front two, it does seem we havent got a settled strikeforce doesnt it, but hardly LJL's fault the club are overloaded with strikers. any strike pairing need a number of games together to buld up that understanding, we seem to be choppping and changing too much, thats my onlu slight criticism.
We have no right to beat kiddy, and we are still having a fantastic season, lets not forget that. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  UTM

Yes it may be unfair but I was at the match and he contributed precisely NOTHING and killed us as an attacking force! Sorry but that's how it was from my point of view.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 92
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Kidderminster match thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.