Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › trust ideas thread?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 84 Guests

trust ideas thread?

This thread currently has 1,916 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
jointhetrust
June 17, 2013, 9:12pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +12 / -1
hi folks, happy summer to you all, any ideas for the trust, and better still, offers to help? please post here..............

UTM!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Southwark Mariner
June 18, 2013, 3:14pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,562
Gold Stars: 83
not really football but would it be worth opening the Trust bar during the ashes (if the sky deal includes it)?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 18
psgmariner
June 21, 2013, 10:22am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
Not so much a Trust idea but one for the club, Exeter are doing a 12th man package:

http://www.exeweb.com/2013/06/18/a-unique-mtach-day-experience-now-available/

Think anyone would be interested in a GTFC version?

Private Message
Reply: 2 - 18
Rodley Mariner
June 21, 2013, 10:15pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,258
Gold Stars: 178
Heard Sutton Utd's manager on the radio today  talking about an initiative they've run called 'Strikers are key'. Helped fund signing Jamie Taylor apparently. Could be worth a look?

http://www.thisislocallondon.c.....d_fans_have_the_key/

This is a bit out of date - apparently it's already sold out.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 18
WokingMariner
June 23, 2013, 9:28pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +160
Gold Stars: 2

Up the Mighty Mariners
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 4 - 18
Southwark Mariner
June 24, 2013, 11:59am
Whiskey Drinker
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,562
Gold Stars: 83
if you're planning a family day how about Hog and Rooster, local hog roast supplier

http://www.thisisgrimsby.co.uk.....y.html#axzz2X7Y1EZK3

http://www.hogandrooster.co.uk/about-hog-and-rooster/

ps I love this quote ""Before starting the business I didn't have any cooking background. My skills were in targeting and the precision aiming of guided munitions so it has been a steep learning curve."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 18
jointhetrust
June 29, 2013, 9:32am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +12 / -1
cheers guys appreciate the feedback, currently we're averaging an idea every 2 days, which aint that impressive the number of users we have on this board, but I am grateful for those responses above.

happy to receive ideas via p.m. on here, or twitter, facebook, however folks wanna contribute  

UTM!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 18
WOZOFGRIMSBY
July 3, 2013, 3:20pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,978
Gold Stars: 185
I sent wrawbs loads of tshirt ideas that I think could work.

I think as many of us have mentioned many times before too, the osmand is way too under used with many games. Let schools utilise this when we expect (90% of the games) a low away following. Charge a tenner, get loads of tshirts printed for them, let them tour the ground etc etc etc obviously this is not a major money making scheme its more about raising the profile.

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 18
Rodley Mariner
July 3, 2013, 10:27pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,258
Gold Stars: 178
Anything that gets more people in the bars for longer before and after the games will make a continued difference. Maybe 2 or 3 players could be persuaded to come and have a drink after games and have a chat with fans - could be a positive thing for the club as well. Maybe a football quiz before the game each home match with results and prizes after the game to get people back in? Pre game, anything to build a bit of atmosphere - little things like somebody reading the teams out with a mic as soon as they're released. Could flog tickets for some sort of raffle picking minutes for first goal? A few little things like that going on might just build a bit of atmosphere and get people wanting to drink in there more?

Would also say that if you want more ideas from people you firstly need to find a way of getting more people on this part of the board and you then need to make sure you properly feedback to people about their ideas. If Woz, as an example, never hears anything more about his t-shirts than a general 'Thanks for the ideas everybody' then he might not bother sharing future ideas as for all he knows you thought it was a excrement idea and never even properly looked at it. If he got a personal response, even if it is to explain a reason why his idea won't be implemented then he'll be more likely to speak up again as he at least then knows he was listened to and considered.

Finally, a way of utilising members a bit better. I know how stretched you all are but I know I've twice offered help where I could provide it and haven't then heard back, I suspect because their wasn't anything at the time and then when there was my offer was forgotten. Is there a database of people who have offered help/offered ideas on threads like this so that when specific help was needed a mailer could be sent detailing what was needed and people could then offer assistance?

Hope this reads positively as it is supposed to - obviously the Trust has done lots of good but it's important to build on that and keep improving wherever possible. Fingers crossed for a good start to the season and some positivity around the club to give the Trust some more momentum!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 18
bradzmilne
July 3, 2013, 10:30pm
Whiskey Drinker
Rep Score: +40 / -7
Approval: +1,432
Gold Stars: 30
I'm not the most imaginative but always willing to help if i can in anyway

Sleep well Icey, Matty and Richard. Keep each other company up there xx

4 Relegations in 18 Years - John Fenty’s legacy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 18
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › trust ideas thread?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.