This thread currently has 11,499 views. Print
13 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Theimperialcoroner
September 8, 2013, 4:08pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,258
Gold Stars: 102
Interesting for all the AB critics, how many shots have we had on goal in the last two games? Much more direct football as we are currently seeing, doesn't necessarily mean more goals, but my god is it boring to watch. At least passnmove (tm A Buckley enterprises) is very special when it works. And when is does work it makes mugs of the direct style.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 110 - 129
pontoonlew
September 8, 2013, 5:17pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,091
Gold Stars: 178
I can't even believe the word 'Buckley' is even being typed never mind slightly considered.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 111 - 129
lew chaterleys lover
September 8, 2013, 5:26pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,746
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from pontoonlew
I can't even believe the word 'Buckley' is even being typed never mind slightly considered.

No I agree. To name a manager who managed over 1000 league games and never got relegated and got our team playing the most sublime football most of us have ever seen would seem to be a retrogade step.
Private Message
Reply: 112 - 129
Garth
September 8, 2013, 5:39pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,936
Gold Stars: 27
Quoted from pontoonlew

Don`t be silly AB was the greatest manager GTFC ever had bar none, and his name on here is more than welcome by most football educated members, Oh how the Scunthorpe would like to brag about such a manager and his record, you don`t know how lucky you are
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 113 - 129
Marinerz93
September 8, 2013, 5:42pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Garth

Don`t be silly AB was the greatest manager GTFC ever had bar none, and his name on here is more than welcome by most football educated members, Oh how the Scunthorpe would like to brag about such a manager and his record, you don`t know how lucky you are

Frank Womack.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 114 - 129
chaos33
September 8, 2013, 5:53pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,978
Gold Stars: 361

No I agree. To name a manager who managed over 1000 league games and never got relegated and got our team playing the most sublime football most of us have ever seen would seem to be a retrogade step.

That is indisputably true, but it seems some have a short memory and an ability to overlook the fact that Buckley has been out of management for a long time. We went down this nostalgic road a few years ago and it was an unmitigated and dismal failure that tarnished the man's memory and reputation.

Alan Buckley is an ex football Manager. It doesn't matter how laudable your football principles are, you can't be a manager 'in the present' if you don't know players. Lets cease this silly talk of him returning to manage Town. It's ludicrous.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 115 - 129
Neilo83
September 8, 2013, 6:09pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +17 / -6
Approval: +263
Gold Stars: 4
Buckley would most certainly get the current team playing the proper way.. I'd be happy to see him back for one more go.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 116 - 129
lew chaterleys lover
September 8, 2013, 6:12pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,746
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from chaos33

That is indisputably true, but it seems some have a short memory and an ability to overlook the fact that Buckley has been out of management for a long time. We went down this nostalgic road a few years ago and it was an unmitigated and dismal failure that tarnished the man's memory and reputation.

Alan Buckley is an ex football Manager. It doesn't matter how laudable your football principles are, you can't be a manager 'in the present' if you don't know players. Lets cease this silly talk of him returning to manage Town. It's ludicrous.

He doesnt need to "know" players though to get the current crop playing surely?

I dont think his last tenure was a disaster anyway - what would we give for that disaster now eh?

John  Still is older than Buckley isnt he ( not absolutely sure) but if a John Still type manager with Buckleys qualifications applied when a vacancy arises we would be interested surely.

Never say never - if I had more confidence in the "board" making the right choice of applicants then fair enough, but with their previous shockers I would say Buckley would be a safe pair of hands for an interim period.      

Private Message
Reply: 117 - 129
pontoonlew
September 8, 2013, 6:59pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,091
Gold Stars: 178
I'm not denying Buckley WAS a great manager. But as has been said, his last stint was a total flop and he proved that he's not up to it any more. He's a top bloke and a club legend but he is way way way down on the list of potential candidates.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 118 - 129
lee65
September 8, 2013, 7:04pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +2,486
Gold Stars: 10
Be honest (with yourselves), who was the last managerial appointment at Town that excited you?  Mine would be Newell  , how wrong can you be!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 119 - 129
13 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Luton v Grimsby thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.