grimsby pete
December 26, 2014, 1:05pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.79
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,834
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from Marinerz93

I asked a simple question, would you employ a known convicted rapist who showed no remorse to do work in your house, knowing your wife or daughter would be alone with them at some point, after taking into consideration that 40% of high risk rapists re-offend within 5 years.

Personally I wouldn't, I'd just like to know if you would, a simple yes or no would suffice.

Unless your wife or daughter was completely off their heads with drink ( drugs ) ?

They would be perfectly safe with Evans alone in your house.

Mind your, I here he is a rubbish painter and builder so I would not hire him.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 91
WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP
December 27, 2014, 12:11am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.63
Rep Score: +16 / -2
Approval: +3,698
Gold Stars: 72
At a higher level I can understand why no one will sign him but at this level someone like forest green rovers or the next big money club with no fans will snap him up and I'm sick of being in this league so let's get him and then hope he's cleared and claim we knew all along
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 91
Abdul19
January 3, 2015, 1:47am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,590
Gold Stars: 219
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30662865

Wonder if the vice president met him inside!

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 91
lukeo
January 3, 2015, 8:30am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,399
Gold Stars: 149
soooooooooo why aren't we on the phone to him?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 91
lukeo
January 3, 2015, 8:37am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,399
Gold Stars: 149
For those interested http://chedevans.com/
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 91
Nelly GTFC
January 3, 2015, 11:52am
'Usually Positive'
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Approval: +2,759
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from lukeo
soooooooooo why aren't we on the phone to him?
Because Grimsby Town are like an ancient fallen Knight, who isn't up to the task of been the Champion anymore, who once graced the land beating far superior opponents on the glory of the battlefield one on one.

Rather than gaining formidable power and becoming a so called Black Knight and being disgraced by everyone in England, they would rather wallow in the muddy pig swill cesspit along with the other poor beggars', until they eventually find the Holy Grail or a Tactician who knows how to get out of the league of poor beggars', while being kept alive by the wealthy local merchant, thus keeping thy honour intact.

Performance / Top Scorers / Assists / Discipline - Grimsby Town Statistics >> [url]https://www.espn.co.uk/football/team/squad/_/id/386/eng.grimsby[/url]
Form Over Last 10 Games - Grimsby Town >> [url]https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/grimsby-town/form-guide/ten[/url]
Player Contracts - Grimsby Town >> [url]http://codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=4202[/url]
Links on football clubs inc Grimsby Town >> [url]https://footballclubforums.com/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 91
grimsby pete
January 3, 2015, 12:45pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.79
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,834
Gold Stars: 222
Ched Evans has been offered a contract by Hibs of Malta,

Hibs of Scotland were quick to say it was not them.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 91
psgmariner
January 3, 2015, 1:31pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
Hibs of Malta are run by one of the only people to have ever failed the FA fit and proper person test. Stephen Vaughan.

Private Message
Reply: 77 - 91
horsforthmariner
January 3, 2015, 4:34pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +2,634
Gold Stars: 9
I would sign him.

1. He's done his time - he's been punished for his offence but part of having a criminal justice system is allowing people to be rehabilitated and move on with their lives. I don't want to live in a vindictive society that doesnt allow people to move on having already paid the price.

2. I think Lee Hughes and Lee Mcormick crimes were worse than Evans Why is rape a less serious crime than killing two children (Mccormick actually got a longer sentence than Evans). Why is one rule for them and another for Evans?

3. The argument about a danger to women is spurious. Either we allow rapist to work once they are released or we don't. Very few professions will have male only work environments. A non league football team seems to me to be one of the more safer environments anyway with very few women working for the club. Protections can be built into working practices anyway - why would he need to go into to the club offices.

4. We are a non league football club anyway so the pique people should feel about him going into a well payed job is simply not true here. It's not glamarous we played infront  of 300 people away at nuneaton and our bus was late - is this really a glamorous situation?

Quite simply we need a goalscorer to get out of this tinpot league he fits bill and will be cheap and he may make the club some cash in the future if he's found not guilty.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 91
Abdul19
January 3, 2015, 6:04pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,590
Gold Stars: 219
He can't work abroad as he's out on licence.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30662865

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 91
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Ched Evans Poll

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.