BIGChris
February 26, 2015, 1:11pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.97
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from Caesar
Can someone on here point me in the direction of the exact rules on terraces in the football league.  I have read the article and think it is great to be part of a trial for safe standing i.e. not terracing.  The club and the Trust deserve great credit for this move and certainly have my thanks.

But the article states that iff promoted we would not be able to use terracing hence us going for safe standing rail seats.  But I thought Leagues 1 and 2 could have normal terracing, Barnet built the Hive for example with intent presumably to play in the league, and Carlisle and Peterborough Fleetwood and the Scunts all have terraced and play in the league do they not.  Once again I back us going for safe standing anyway I just am confused about the actual rules I think.

Can't point you in the right direction regarding the written rules but my understanding following previous discussions with the club is that current legislation will not allow you to REMOVE seats to make terracing. If terracing is already there, or if it is a new build then that is ok.

As we all know 'the law is an behind'
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 75
Caesar
February 26, 2015, 1:12pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +1,799
Quoted from BIGChris

Can't point you in the right direction regarding the written rules but my understanding following previous discussions with the club is that current legislation will not allow you to REMOVE seats to make terracing. If terracing is already there, or if it is a new build then that is ok.

As we all know 'the law is an behind'

Ah right, at least that makes sense, well some kind of sense.  Cheers Chris
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 75
lew chaterleys lover
February 26, 2015, 2:06pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,745
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY
Without being negative, as I think this is tremendous, the corner does seen a very small area. Or is it the whole rows to the front of the stand???

Be negative, its good for you!

I think Blundell Park being all seater gives us a little bit of kudos myself, a reminder of better days.

Blundell Park to me, despite its age, seems like a proper Football League ground, and it is depressing when you visit non league grounds and see bits and bobs of tin pot stands/ a tiny bit of seating for the directors and generally looking like, well, a non league ground.

If we are to get any improvements sponsored, I would go for enclosing the end of the pontoon to keep the noise in.

If the new stadium ever sees the light of the day, then as part of the design that would be fair enough I guess.  
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 75
rancido
February 26, 2015, 2:41pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,616
Gold Stars: 96
I would imagine the " safe standing/seats " equipment will be transferable to a new stadium , just like the new scoreboard.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 75
ackomariner
February 26, 2015, 2:47pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +20 / -8
Approval: +1,216
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from KK_DOG
I think it's a great idea for those that want to stand. Won't affect me because I prefer to sit and have a side view rather than behind the goal. Is it going to cause a problem with some of the season ticket holders in the pontoon that want to sit ? Hopefully they will be happy to move if required but it is a consideration.

This, you've got people that's had the same seat for 5,10,15,20 yrs...can't see them wanting to move

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 75
grimps
February 26, 2015, 2:49pm
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,136
Gold Stars: 46
Quoted from ackomariner

This, you've got people that's had the same seat for 20,30,40 yrs......can't see them wanting to move

I doubt anyone has had a seat in the Pontoon for 40 years , they've only had seats in it 20
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 75
ackomariner
February 26, 2015, 2:56pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +20 / -8
Approval: +1,216
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from grimps

I doubt anyone has had a seat in the Pontoon for 40 years , they've only had seats in it 20

Course they have.....just edited post  

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 75
friskneymariner
February 26, 2015, 3:02pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,159
Gold Stars: 38
Yeah just safe standing sponsored by Durex.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 75
Jarmo.Is.God
February 26, 2015, 3:10pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,050
Gold Stars: 86
genuine question, the safe standing has seats that are easily usable, but if you are sat down and the person in the front row are stood, will you still be able to see ?

thanks
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 75
LH
February 26, 2015, 4:06pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,557
Gold Stars: 174
Is there a figure for how much this would cost anywhere? Can't see one but just wondering as this could follow in the Pontoon's footsteps and be paid for by the fans who use it. I don't sit in the Pontoon anymore but would chip in a bit of cash if fan power could make this happen.
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 75
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Safe Standing In The Pontoon

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.