This thread currently has 2,029 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Fcukthescunts
May 27, 2015, 10:25am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +776
This is not a thread so players are harassed while deciding their future. Are the contract offers time bound I was just wondering that if they are not signed by a certain date it is withdrawn/amended? This is purely curiosity. I have had two sorts during my working life one I had to sign by a certain date and the other no date was put on.
Logged Offline
Private Message
BIGChris
May 27, 2015, 10:33am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.97
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
I would expect PH to have set sone sort of deadline for a decision. If they sign, great, but if they are not going to he needs to be approaching alternatives.

Maybe initially it would be a verbal deadline but if still stalling a firmer, 'contract withdrawl' date may be given????

Incidentally our first 'new' signing last summer was 4th June when Scott Brown signed
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 9
Fcukthescunts
May 27, 2015, 10:42am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +776
I am not worried I do think whatever happens Hurst has proven himself effective in the transfer market. If any of the players go to league football then they deserve it and go with my best wishes as happy for players to better themselves. For ones going to another conference team if nearer family home etc fair enough. With one year contracts they must put family first.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 9
HertsGTFC
May 27, 2015, 10:47am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,908
Gold Stars: 228
Would be gutted to lose the core of last seasons squad but there is enough free/released talent out there to build a decent side for next year.

PH appears to have a good eye for a player in both ability and also character and we should based upon last year trust his judgement to a wider degree.

Also if you are a player looking for a club and more importantly looking to stay full time GTFC would be a reasonably attractive option.    

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 9
grimsby pete
May 27, 2015, 11:00am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,793
Gold Stars: 222
I think 7 or 8 of the 10 will sign and give it another go,

For the 2 or 3 who end up at league teams, thanks for your efforts and good luck,

We will see you again soon.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 9
chaos33
May 27, 2015, 11:32am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,929
Gold Stars: 360
The one I think is least likely to sign is Nathan Arnold. I don't know why I think that - it's little more than a hunch. That would be very disappointing.

Personally I think Clay and Mackreth will be amongst the next to sign.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 9
gtfc98
May 27, 2015, 11:39am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +45 / -21
Approval: +3,066
Gold Stars: 68
I'd expect most to sign back on, possibly losing Lenny and Pearson which would obviously be a blow.

No longer Sick of the BlueSquare  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 9
Peeler_Crab
May 27, 2015, 12:25pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +371
Gold Stars: 2
My guess would be Pearson, Magnay & Arnold to League Clubs - the rest to stay..

“What has Alan Buckley got in his pocket!" Roly Godfrey - Blundell Park - 1990.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 9
acko338
May 27, 2015, 5:04pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +43 / -6
Approval: +3,222
Gold Stars: 33
A great team spirit was shown by the squad last season.

Whoever re-signs, or signs on as new players, will need to display the same team spirit to achieve the next hurdle to scrape over the line to the higher league.

I don't know how much of a difference there will be from Mr Fenty in this season's playing budget, but if there is going to be a deficit, will any fans' fighting fund be started and available early enough to make a significant contribution to the players currently on Paul Hurst's list?

The team, in whatever format, needs to be settled and ready to win games from the very start of next season.

Blundell Park needs to stop being the bearer of easy victories to opponents - more home wins would obviously bring in more fans for Town's coffers, so as good as away support is, and long may it be so, it's at home where we make money to improve the team over the season !

It's the team performance and results that will bring back the fans. Vicious circle at home that needs breaking quickly.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 9
lukeo
May 28, 2015, 8:40am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,372
Gold Stars: 148
For me : Magnay, Pearson, Toto and Arnold to go to FL clubs. The rest to sign.

Wish this wasn't the case but it's just my opinion
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 9
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Contract offers

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.