3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
essexexile
October 9, 2015, 3:41pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +186
Gold Stars: 1
What about Podge and Tomlinson up top tomorrow? Both of em are due goals particularly Tomlinson who could get a couple to reward the effort he puts in
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 27
moosey_club
October 9, 2015, 3:51pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,288
Gold Stars: 226
Notice he is quoted in the singular there, whoever replaces JPP....not whoever plays up front....would suggest that in his thoughts Tomlinson is starting regardless.
I personally hope not as i dont think we have looked as dangerous up front since he has been in the team.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 27
Maringer
October 9, 2015, 3:56pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,629
Gold Stars: 185
Quoted from moosey_club
Notice he is quoted in the singular there, whoever replaces JPP....not whoever plays up front....would suggest that in his thoughts Tomlinson is starting regardless.
I personally hope not as i dont think we have looked as dangerous up front since he has been in the team.

Although we have won more points.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 27
Rodley Mariner
October 9, 2015, 4:15pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,254
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from ginnywings

I agree but i don't think Hurst does. He has a lot of ability but can he do it over 90 mins and help out the full back as well? That is what Hurst will be looking at.

He's signed him twice so he must see something.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 27
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
October 9, 2015, 4:34pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from Biccys
I liked his mention of Monkhouse up front. Although he's not that mobile, he wins everything in the air and will hold it up for others, like Lenny used to. Plus he's a better finisher than Lenny ever was. I like that this will also open up the wings for Marshall and Arnold. Could be a pretty fearsome attacking lineup with Podge or Bogle up front with Monkey. Exciting.

If he Monkhouse has to run, work and close down as hard as Hurst wants his strikers to do the poor old lad will need to be subbed after half an hour!

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 27
Rick12
October 9, 2015, 5:14pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from Rodley Mariner

He's signed him twice so he must see something.
I liked him(albeit only seen him in one game).A worker who made some positive runs into the oppositions box.Quality wise though not the best as some others have said.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 27
Garth
October 9, 2015, 5:25pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,935
Gold Stars: 26
Monkhouse does not win all his headers possible 70%  just saying like, to play him up front would be akin to playing Mike Lyons there
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 27
pontoonlew
October 9, 2015, 5:29pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,088
What I don't get, is he says no player is safe and he'll always mix it up (I don't always agree).So why is why he's now doing an interview virtually guaranteeing Tomlinson a start?!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 27
Rodley Mariner
October 9, 2015, 7:31pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,254
Maybe it's because he thinks Tomlinson is guaranteed to start tomorrow because of what he's contributed in what is becoming a very good run in some difficult games. Or maybe it's just to spite you and the rest of our supporters. One of the two.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 27
ginnywings
October 9, 2015, 7:45pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
Maybe it's because he thinks Tomlinson is guaranteed to start tomorrow because of what he's contributed in what is becoming a very good run in some difficult games. Or maybe it's just to spite you and the rest of our supporters. One of the two.

I would say it's the former, with the latter just being an added bonus.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 27
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Spot on Hursty

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.