Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Contenders?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 172 Guests

Contenders?

This thread currently has 5,407 views. Print
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Maringer
October 19, 2015, 7:14pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,629
Gold Stars: 185
Quoted from ackomariner

Think were on the same wavelength doc, but why can't people post a reply as well as putting a negative cross against the post, just bores me at times

I'm in agreement with your first two paragraphs, but not the last one! For me, Brown started quite well but was hardly running games or being the outstanding player at any point so I'm surprised that some think he was so good. As I recall, back then, a lot of people were claiming Disley would only be a bit-part player last season when he was of course our mainstay and still is!

I'm in agreement with Abdul that Brown never looked to get properly fit after his injury and I think he was generally pretty poor in most of his appearances in the second half of the season. Unfortunately, his operation this season hasn't really given him the chance to get his fitness sorted out either. Hopefully, he will work hard and get himself fit enough to play a good part soon, but I'm far from convinced that he'll be good enough to improve our midfield very much. Certainly not the physically powerful or quick midfielder I think we could use.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 22
LongEatonMariner
October 19, 2015, 7:50pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +12 / -6
Approval: +1,037
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from ackomariner
Instead of just giving it a negative mark, come back with your own thoughts

I do agree with you on this, crosses are a bit too easy, and doesn't lead to reasoned explanations or debate.

Mind you, as soon as you comment on them you can guarantee they'll build up!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 22
Garth
October 21, 2015, 4:38pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,935
Gold Stars: 26
Watched Brown today and it looks as if he is trying hard to get back his match fitness and aggression, bit early for him yet but he can still be useful off the bench but not for Disely
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 22
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Contenders?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.