Bigdog
April 26, 2016, 6:04pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
I was there that day.

Swapped my Leppings Lane end ticket for one in the Spion Kop just twenty minutes before kick off. Met my mates in the Forest end and told them of the chaotic scenes outside the Liverpool end. Far too many fans crushed against the turnstiles in the rush to get in. The scenes that unfolded in front of my eyes over the next hour will live with me forever. In a state of shock I even crashed my car on the way out of Sheffield. I just wanted to get out of Sheffield as quickly as possible and still in a daze exited the city the wrong way via the Woodhead Pass. Every phone box we passed had queues of Scousers waiting to ring home to let their loved ones know they were safe.

A terrible day for the city of Liverpool and the game of football. I'm so pleased the families have finally got their justice, 27 years too late..

For me, the Leppings Lane end was not fit for purpose, an accident waiting to happen. I remember as a young kid being really scared and crushed in one of those tunnels when Town played there. I was squeezed so hard I could hardly breathe, my feet lifted off the floor being carried by the weight of fans as they left the ground.

I know fans want a return to standing at games, no-one would ever convince me it's a good idea, not even safe standing. I could describe to you many graphic scenes and awful memories of that fateful day but feel I can't out of respect for the dead.

RIP The 96..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 88
Eastendmariner
April 26, 2016, 6:41pm
Mariners Trust Life Member
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +8 / -5
Approval: +942
Gold Stars: 22
I beg to differ. The pressure for the truth was enourmous as a nation we were sold lies. I don't feel any pressure to sympathise, but how can you not feel sympathy with the enormous injustice grieving families have had to face.
I too have stood on all the major standing terraces and been tossed about with the crowd, had the wind  knocked out of me - that was the football terrace experience as it was then why would I blame the police.
But the fact is The police  through their own incompetence actually caused the disaster at Hillsborough. Not the crowd.
These ordinary passionate football fans waited more than 20 years for a proper inquiry! And the dithering authorities at Goverment  level even as early as August 1990 stating that no body would be prosecuted  that shows the lack of  will power even then to get to the truth. I don't think that there is some sort elaborate theory to my opinion the facts are there but when the Goverment gives the impression it's done all it can and is silent and the people and families Hillborough has touched speak up I think that says volumes

Mariner Trust Life Member  

Seen the Mariners win AWAY at 70 league Grounds

Grounds Visited 281[img][/img]

Blundell Park a Training ground for bum ref's
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 88
Eastendmariner
April 26, 2016, 7:02pm
Mariners Trust Life Member
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +8 / -5
Approval: +942
Gold Stars: 22
As for Inghams  comments from 1996  that  proves  the tory. attitude towards  The Football family . They weren't going to do anything about Hillsborough
Don't we live in a country where we are innocent till proved Guilty or is it the other way around

RIP 96

Mariner Trust Life Member  

Seen the Mariners win AWAY at 70 league Grounds

Grounds Visited 281[img][/img]

Blundell Park a Training ground for bum ref's
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 88
top man
April 26, 2016, 7:18pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Approval: -22
Full sympathy for the families and relatives and any body involved, BUT  a lot of people turned up late- forged tickets, excess alcohol. desperate to get in close to kick off- and a decision was made , rightly or wrongly to open gates to ease congestion , Many times have Town fans been in a similar situation and it must of been horrendous- remember Derby ,Leicester ,. Wolves . Wednesday  etc in our heydays , To blame one Policeman who oversaw the day is a bit harsh in my opinion . A lot of things went wrong that day and affected a lot of people . is justice done  ? RIP the 96  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 88
HertsGTFC
April 26, 2016, 7:25pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,985
Gold Stars: 228
Justice for the 96..........I hope!!

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 88
RoboCod
April 26, 2016, 7:27pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Quoted from top man
Full sympathy for the families and relatives and any body involved, BUT  a lot of people turned up late- forged tickets, excess alcohol. desperate to get in close to kick off- and a decision was made , rightly or wrongly to open gates to ease congestion , Many times have Town fans been in a similar situation and it must of been horrendous- remember Derby ,Leicester ,. Wolves . Wednesday  etc in our heydays , To blame one Policeman who oversaw the day is a bit harsh in my opinion . A lot of things went wrong that day and affected a lot of people . is justice done  ? RIP the 96  

Well done, a dozen posts before the inevitable crock of shite from someone who can't be bothered to read, or even worse just can't be bothered to adjust his Sun-reading brain.

Years and YEARS of inquests, millions of pounds, no stone left unturned and yet still people like you can't absorb these facts and continue to pedal lies that have been indisputably proven wrong. I'm tempted to ask what does it take to get through to people like you but as usual, this awful event will be hijacked by people who have nothing better to do than to ignore one of the biggest legal inquiries and its finding and go along with what they want to believe.
Pleased for the families, will be even happier when those crooked cops who told the truth ONLY under oath, 25 years later, are jailed.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 88
ska face
April 26, 2016, 7:27pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,752
Gold Stars: 851
You do realise that after listening to evidence for TWO YEARS, a jury has absolved the fans of ALL responsibility?

This forum has always had fine a selection of mentally deficient goons, but this thread is on course to top the flipping lot.
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 88
Grim74
April 26, 2016, 7:33pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +16 / -13
Approval: -1,909
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Eastendmariner
For a injustice to take so long to be brought  to a. Rightful outcome is a National Scandel  Thatcher  who did not have a hand in the actual events of that terrible day .She along with her cronies did nothing to bring the truth out  and forever will be part of the WHITEWASH  that ensued Lets not be Nieve  To allow blood samples to be taken from the kids that  tragically perished  to instigate that alcohol was the cause of the tragedy  is immoral and Optus  Thatcher was a snob and hated the working class . The blame lies with the whole establishment . The families of the bereaved had no one to turn to but themselves and y have to commend them for their  belief and faith.

Totally ridiculous trying to blame Mrs Thatcher your post has no credit, going on your analysis so do we then blame tony Blair and Gordon blame for the South Yorkshire Muslim rape gangs? No we don't it was a police cover up which has now been comfirmed.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 88
dapperz fun pub
April 26, 2016, 7:35pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,021
Gold Stars: 83
Clearly the police fooked it up and failed to recognise the seriousness of the situation I blame south York's police for the deaths of 96 people, scousers on the day weren't angels I know people who where there and readily admit that but that doesn't excuse the police failings and the Tory government who in typical Tory style lied lied and lied again .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 88
dapperz fun pub
April 26, 2016, 7:37pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,021
Gold Stars: 83
Quoted from Grim74

Totally ridiculous trying to blame Mrs Thatcher your post has no credit, going on your analysis so do we then blame tony Blair and Gordon blame for the South Yorkshire Muslim rape gangs? No we don't it was a police cover up which has now been comfirmed.

Totally ridiculous not to involve Thatcher in a cover up of the truth
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 88
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hillsborough

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.