2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Gaffer58
April 2, 2019, 5:16pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.87
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,103
Gold Stars: 33
Trouble is most managers are " only 6 games from the sack" ( where have I heard that before) but I would expect the average time each one is at any club will not be much over 18 months, just look at the number scunny have gone through this season. I would assume sacked ones e.g. Hughes, keep getting new jobs because today the job entails more than just 3/4 hours coaching a day and a game on Saturday, media, transfers, financial contracts etc.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 13
Maringer
April 2, 2019, 5:21pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,730
Gold Stars: 189
As I recall, during that UEFA Cup run, Middlesbrough scraped through to the final somewhat fortunately following some pretty average performances (helped by having strikers such as Viduka and Hasselbaink on the books!) and then got dicked in the Final. McClaren's only real success has been at Twente where he won the Dutch League.

He's probably a good coach, but managerially, he's not achieved much despite plenty of opportunities, albeit mostly at medium-sized clubs.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 13
Abdul19
April 2, 2019, 6:42pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.40
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,639
Gold Stars: 220
They qualified for that UEFA cup run by finishing 7th though, which isn't to be sniffed at. Mind you, that was his only top half finish in 5 years there!

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 13
hampshiremariner
April 2, 2019, 7:55pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +1,055
Gold Stars: 36
This one takes the biscuit for me- Kevin Bond is back as manager of Southend. Absolutely hopeless. He was tile to the coat tails of 'Arry and got loads of 'coaching' jobs. When he got the manager's job at Bournemouth he was a disaster.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 13
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The brolly man is out .... again

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.