Heisenberg
August 25, 2020, 8:53pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +5,113
Gold Stars: 97
Quoted from GollyGTFC
Grealish has done nothing this season. I haven't even noticed him.

You haven’t watched MOTD then?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 41
Stadium
August 25, 2020, 10:09pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.77
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,926
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from Posh Harry
McGuire now been withdrawn from the squad by Southgate.

That's two players then because Harry Maguire has been withdrawn.

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 41
golfer
August 25, 2020, 11:18pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.28
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,450
Gold Stars: 118
Quoted from promotion plaice

Maguire handed a 21 month suspended prison sentence, given the bribery allegations if I was him I would class that as a result.

And he is going to appeal. (might end up with gaol )  I'd accept it and consider myself very lucky.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 41
aldi_01
August 26, 2020, 5:59am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
I think we all knew that Maguire would be withdrawn but Southgate was right in the first instance to pick him. Had he left him out people would’ve criticised and said he was assuming guilt rather than waiting for the court date to happen.

No doubt Grealish should probably be in jail and does seem like a massive twit but to not think he’s had a good season is rather odd. He has been Villa’s best player by a country mile this season...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 41
Davec
August 26, 2020, 8:29am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,455
Gold Stars: 42
There is absolutely no doubt Grealish has been Villa's best player this season and they would have gone down without him without a shadow of a doubt but I do feel he is overrated by some,  I have seen people say he is world class but I don't think he is world class and is actually some way from being world class in my view, she shined at Villa but would he shine at a bigger and better club with better players than Villa had? He should have perhaps been in included in the England squad but who would you leave out for him.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 41
Heisenberg
August 26, 2020, 11:16am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +5,113
Gold Stars: 97
Quoted from Davec
There is absolutely no doubt Grealish has been Villa's best player this season and they would have gone down without him without a shadow of a doubt but I do feel he is overrated by some,  I have seen people say he is world class but I don't think he is world class and is actually some way from being world class in my view, she shined at Villa but would he shine at a bigger and better club with better players than Villa had? He should have perhaps been in included in the England squad but who would you leave out for him.

Either Ward-Prowse or Mount.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 41
diehardmariner
August 26, 2020, 11:31am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,754
Gold Stars: 544
Don't get the hype around Grealish at all.  No doubt that he's a decent individual but he's a terrible team player.  One of the reasons I think he was shunted out more on the left post-lockdown was because of his inability to stick to instructions and have some positional discipline.  He is Villa's best player but that's neither a glowing reference or a reason to put him in the England squad.

The success of England under Southgage has come about because of the team ethic, I would be confident that Grealish would upset that.  The other issue is that there are just simply better players ahead of him in the squad.  I wouldn't trust him in a central role so you can only really put him in one of the attacking wide areas, who are you going to bump him ahead of there?

Great shout on Ben White.  Definitely should be getting a chance if Phillips is getting one, which I've no issue with as if you take Henderson out the picture there's a huge question marks over the holding midfield role (Rice hasn't progressed enough for me and Dier is well, dire).  

Got to be Henderson's time now. Pickford far too error prone.  Pope not good enough with his feet to be first choice under Southgate.  
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 41
codcheeky
August 26, 2020, 12:18pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +1,262
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from golfer

And he is going to appeal. (might end up with gaol )  I'd accept it and consider myself very lucky.

Having a conviction like this on his record will affect him in many ways including entry Visa to a lot of countries, as an international player it could have big impact
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 41
Welwynmariner
August 26, 2020, 4:40pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +337
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from promotion plaice

Maguire handed a 21 month suspended prison sentence, given the bribery allegations if I was him I would class that as a result.

Just means they don't want him coming back.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 41
Welwynmariner
August 26, 2020, 4:41pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +337
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from codcheeky

Having a conviction like this on his record will affect him in many ways including entry Visa to a lot of countries, as an international player it could have big impact

Really? Like where?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 41
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › England Squad

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.